Spike Lee is 0-for-1 as NFL reporter

Getty Images

Spike Lee, Rob Lowe. Rob, Spike. (It’s not quite as poetic as the time David Letterman introduced Oprah and Uma.)

Five years after Rob Lowe incorrectly “reported” that Peyton Manning would retire, Spike Lee has “incorrectly” reported that the Seahawks have signed Colin Kaepernick.

Per a source with knowledge of the situation, the Seahawks have not signed Kaepernick.

Lee has deleted the Instagram post that makes the claim. The tweet is still up.

Just as Lowe eventually was right (four years later), Lee could eventually be right, too. Kaepernick recently visited the Seahawks, and the Seahawks are the only team that has brought him to town in more than two months since he became a free agent.

57 responses to “Spike Lee is 0-for-1 as NFL reporter

1. He fell for the fake news article that was floating around is what. I’ve seen friends posting it as well. Always look at the source first and go figure if the name its self doesn’t look well thought out and professional, it’s probably fake.

2. You mean to say Spike Lee that bastion of integrity who once posted an incorrect home address for George Zimmerman on Twitter that chased an innocent family out of their home and put their lives at risk might have posted something in error?

3. The fact that ‘ nick’ isn’t a backup somewhere hints that we’re a nation of fascists – how’d this happen? JC Vikings, Keenum over this guy?

4. Please Spike…tell us YOU’RE retiring. Preferably to somewhere without any form of media, social or otherwise. Suggestion: Antarctica is nice this time of year.
    If you need a go fund me account, I’ll start it.

5. aw come on you guys,

spike had some good flicks. the racist rants scene from do the right thing, when a guy from one ethnic group rails against another ethnic groups, is priceless.

the italian pizza guy going off about blacks is a classic. and the others are pretty good too.

6. The charges against Lee are an outrage! I’m so glad he has started a War Room to take on all of these false allegations.

Or am I confusing characters, and mixing up one person’s tweet about football with the national security criminal activity of others?

7. The fact that ‘ nick’ isn’t a backup somewhere hints that we’re a nation of fascists

Lmao! So I suppose RGIII’s current unemployment is the result of fascism as well?

8. codiablo says:
    May 27, 2017 4:48 PM

——-
    You don’t even know what a fascist is.

9. ————————————————————–
    casualmalexlfan says:
    May 27, 2017 5:38 PM

————————————————————–

Get real. You seriously don’t know a right-wing troll post when you see one?

10. Spike should start pulling for the Predators in the Stanley Cup Playoffs. He could travel down to Nashville and mingle with the country stars and embrace the Tennessee way of life. The Preds’ fans would love him and he would love them back. He could even back up Carrie Underwood when she sings the National Anthem. He could sit in the front row with his “Penguins Suck” t-shirt while forgetting about the Knicks for two whole weeks.

11. codiablo says:

==============================

No, what hints that is all the leftist university students who run off conservative speakers. Just call them the brown shirts.

12. jklecko77hof says:
    May 27, 2017 5:29 PM

Anybody know why Spike Lee is famous?

He makes movies that would embarrass a college student.
    ————————————————————–
    What do you do for a living? Let me guess – you’re a gazillionaire, but choose to spend all your free time in a football forum during May.

13. staffordisbetterthanyourteamsqb says:
    May 27, 2017 7:00 PM
    I have no strong opinions of Spike Lee either way but just to be clear none of you who are trashing him have accomplished a fraction of what he has in your lifetimes
    ——

Well, I go most days of my life without making a complete fool out of myself.

In that way, I suppose I have accomplished a great deal more than ol’ Spike.

14. Word on the street is the Seahawks are in the market for a locker room cancer, so Spike might be onto something.

15. But it’s Spike, he can do no wrong, he even was critical of the movie “Hoosiers.”

16. Spike Lee is similar to Al Sharpton, both are idiots, both are talentless fools who have made a lot of money purporting to represent Black America but actually have done more damage than good.

17. What a terrible thing, to unwittingly tweet one piece of meaningless misinformation. Thank god he’s not in a position of great power, just imagine the damage he might have done

18. The fact that articles are written about Spike Lee reporting on Kaepernick’s job status is part of the reason Kaep has no job. Besides the fact that Krap sucks, no coach wants their team linked to this crap.

19. If it were not for racism guys like Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton and Spike Lee would be broke and working at MacDonalds

20. You can’t even escape politics anymore, someone always has to bring up the Russia scandal on these comment boards. Yes, I think it’s very concerning to all Americans, especially us Reagan supporters, but also a very scary period in our country’s time and we shouldn’t bring it into sports where we come to get a break from it all.

21. burtmustin says:
    May 27, 2017 4:22 PM
    Spike, Do the right thing and get off of Twitter.

———————

Spike and Donald both would benefit from your advice.

22. “Do the right thing” is a highly overrated film, imo. The acting is so frenetic and overdone, it’s so annoying. And I don’t even know what the message was. What was the right thing? Rioting? Protesting? Oh, now I see why he’s a Kaepernick fan.

23. What I don’t get is Spike Lee seems to dislike white people a lot, yet he marries a white woman, and makes her wealthy. I bet her family also gets a lot of perks for being attached to Spike. I guess he didn’t want to make a black woman the happiest person in the world.