Vikings sign draft picks Jack Tocho, Stacy Coley

Getty Images

The Vikings are down to one unsigned pick from their 2017 draft class and it doesn’t sound like it will be long until they have a complete set.

In addition to the three signings announced earlier on Tuesday, the team has also signed seventh-round safety Jack Tocho to a four-year rookie deal. Tocho started 36 games at North Carolina State and finished his career with six interceptions.

Chris Tomasson of the Pioneer Press reports that the team has also signed seventh-round wideout Stacy Coley. Coley had 166 catches for 2,128 yards and 20 touchdowns at the University of Miami and joins fifth-rounder Rodney Adams as draft additions to the receiving corps.

Tomasson also reports that second-round running back Dalvin Cook only needs “i’s need to be dotted and the t’s crossed” to become the final member of the 11-player class under contract.

Permalink 8 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Home, Minnesota Vikings, Rumor Mill
8 Responses to “Vikings sign draft picks Jack Tocho, Stacy Coley”
  1. The Phantom Stranger says: May 30, 2017 4:48 PM

“i’s need to be dotted and the t’s crossed”
    _______

What about the umlauts?

2. kowboydmac says: May 30, 2017 5:07 PM

I’m interested to see if Coley or Adams can make a contribution this year, particularly on special teams.

My gut says Rodney Adams ends up supplanting Jarius Wright by this time next year, and I like Wright.

Either way, the one pick I want to not be a bust is Pat Elflein. Hopefully he’s one of those stud midwestern grown lineman for the next ten years!

3. wafflestomp says: May 30, 2017 6:37 PM

Hmm…..I wonder how long it will take Zimmer to lose these players to the rest of the locker room.
    Not too long I suspect.

4. gaetz23 says: May 30, 2017 7:36 PM

I’m surprised Coley was disciplined enough to sign in the right spot. Seriously…8 false start penalties in 2 years as a WR. Even Loadholt disapproves. His talent makes him worth a shot in round 7, but I have my doubts he even makes the practice squad. Tocho has a chance to be a special teams ace this year…dude is freakishly strong for his size and can hit.

5. nhpats says: May 30, 2017 9:03 PM

I wonder if these poor saps understand that they have zero chance of winning a championship with the Vikings…..

6. Should I Be Offended by Redskins? says: May 30, 2017 10:25 PM

The Phantom Stranger says:
    May 30, 2017 4:48 PM
    “i’s need to be dotted and the t’s crossed”
    _______

What about the umlauts?
    ________

Moritz Böehringer signed last year.

7. cribbage12 says: May 30, 2017 10:33 PM

Another feeble attempt by PFT to put a worthless Vikings article in an attempt to draw clicks and comments from Packers fans. PFT, the Vikings are irrelevant. Treat them as such.

8. Frazier28/7 says: May 31, 2017 12:03 AM

you’re not even trying anymore waffle.

the WR depth last year after Diggs and Theilen was worse than the Oline, anybody that can run and catch would help. and then there’s Laquon.