T.J. Lang calls Ndamukong Suh a psychopath, in a good way

Getty Images

New Lions guard T.J. Lang was formerly a Packer, meaning he took on the Lions twice a year. For five of those years, playing against Detroit meant lining up against Ndamukong Suh, and Lang has some interesting memories of that.

Lang said on Pardon My Take that having to play against Suh was a nightmare.

“I hated it. I’ve never played against a more literal psychopath in my life,” Lang said. “Guy was a nut job.”

Lang later clarified on Twitter that when you’re talking about the hand-to-hand combat that is life in the NFL trenches, calling someone a psychopath and a nut job is paying the highest of compliments.

“I would take this as a compliment if someone said that about me as a player,” Lang wrote.

Psychopath and nut job aren’t compliments in most lines of work, but most lines of work are not like playing on the line in the NFL.

Permalink 20 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Detroit Lions, Green Bay Packers, Rumor Mill, Top Stories
20 Responses to “T.J. Lang calls Ndamukong Suh a psychopath, in a good way”
  1. nyneal says: May 31, 2017 5:43 AM

Lang is right about Suh. It’s true about him and many others in the NFL, too.
    You have to be a little nutty to even consider playing on the line in the NFL.

2. ebr362 says: May 31, 2017 7:26 AM

And that is why I am glad he plays for my team and not against my team.

3. concord148 says: May 31, 2017 7:30 AM

T.J. Lang – I know what you mean, my wife calls me that and all I do is watch Jerry Springer and Judge Judy all day.

4. beerbratscheese says: May 31, 2017 7:54 AM

I’d have no problem with Suh as long as he’d keep those psychopathic tendencies between the whistles.

5. emoney826 says: May 31, 2017 8:30 AM

Enjoy 2nd place, T.J.

6. hawks1124 says: May 31, 2017 8:33 AM

Now watch as TJ Lang finally gets called fr holding

7. atthemurph says: May 31, 2017 8:46 AM

Lang is correct both literally and figuratively.

8. electricboogalo says: May 31, 2017 8:56 AM

Sounds like Suh is ready for a position in the Whitehouse.

9. cma1973 says: May 31, 2017 9:16 AM

Right on both counts.

10. kneedragr says: May 31, 2017 9:48 AM

By nut job he means Suh’s preferred place to attack you when you make his job tough.

11. allight59 says: May 31, 2017 10:37 AM

Congrats on getting out of Green Bay, Mr. Lang….

12. weepingjebus says: May 31, 2017 11:49 AM

One of my favorite moments of Goodellogic was when he refused to suspend Suh because Goodell wasn’t sure what Suh’s intent was when he kicked Matt Schaub square in the groin. I guess we will have to wait for it to be more probable than not that Sub is generally aware that footballs can deflate in cold weather.

13. The Phantom Stranger says: May 31, 2017 12:01 PM

Remember, Lang came from Green Bay where he was surrounded by psychopaths and nut jobs just walking down the street. It would seem quite normal to him.

14. gaetz23 says: May 31, 2017 12:59 PM

“He’s the good kind of psychopath.”

Sounds like the same compliment Dan Devine gave to the I-5 Killer, Randall Woodfield, after drafting him to the Packers.

15. Carl Gerbschmidt says: May 31, 2017 1:24 PM

The Phantom Stranger says:
    May 31, 2017 12:01 PM

————

Have you even been to Green Bay? I suspect not beause if you had, you’d know it’s a great city with lots of culture and night life, while still maintaining a small-town charm.

I have been to Minneapolis. Terrible city. Nothing but bike lanes downtown. How do you even get around? Can’t you people afford cars?

16. bhuettl says: May 31, 2017 1:32 PM

They can afford cars, they just cant get around the potholes.

17. somethinghappeninghere says: May 31, 2017 2:43 PM

Just think, TJ, you’ll get to play against Suh in 2018. Which is why he’ll ever play in Buffalo or New York. New England? Maybe–everyone wants to play for a perennial contender…come to think of it, TJ, instead of worrying about playing Suh, maybe you can play with Suh? Because I am sure you would be welcomed in Miami.

18. stipez says: May 31, 2017 2:46 PM

He’s a psychopath in a bad way too. Ask Matt Schaub’s groin.

19. detroitsportsfan11 says: May 31, 2017 6:52 PM

I wonder if TJ Lang understands that his new team wastes talent and runs that level of play out of Detroit.

We have one playoff win in sixty years, who cares about Suh? Lets win a playoff game already! We have been the worst team in the division since 1957!!!!

20. harrisonhits2 says: Jun 1, 2017 5:04 PM

With his lack of self control and anger issues its amazing Suh isn’t already in jail. Where he is likely to end up within a few years of when he leaves the NFL and no longer has that kind of outlet for his anger.