Charean Williams makes her PFT debut on Monday

The PFT family officially gets a little bigger on Monday, when Charean Williams officially begins posting content in this space.

Charean arrives with impeccable credentials, along with the recent distinction of being named one of the most 15 influential women in football.

Very soon, you’ll see plenty of content from her, with much of it focusing on the Cowboys, the team she has covered for the last 17 years.

Charean joins a lineup that currently includes Michael David Smith, Josh Alper, Darin Gantt, and Curtis Crabtree, and collectively we’re committed to providing the best, the most comprehensive, the most entertaining, and the easiest to use one-stop shop for everything happening in the NFL.

Thanks for your past support of PFT and for your ongoing interest in everything we continue to do. Football continues to be the greatest sport on the planet, and our goal always will be to enhance your understanding and appreciation of the many aspects and nuances and personalities that make the NFL what it is, while also being honest, authentic, and genuine with our views regarding the various happenings of the league.

[Photo credit: Fort Worth Star-Telegram]

39 responses to “Charean Williams makes her PFT debut on Monday

1. She must have passed the ‘must push liberal causes’ and ‘find a societal issue in every football story even if there are none’ parts of the interview.

2. Personally, I find it refreshing that PFT is going to have on its staff someone who actually knows how to write.

3. This was a really good hire, imho, but I have to ask: This is at least the 2nd hire PFT has made this off-season, yet I don’t think you’ve given Colin Kaepernick an interview or even contacted his agent. Are you part of a grand conspiracy?

4. cmich2006 says:
    Jun 4, 2017 11:31 AM

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Would you now care to cry a little more?

5. All the best, but not holding my breath. Went to see what you have written previously. First thing to come up is piece you wrote about Jerry Jones deserving to be in the NFL HOF. Will never be convinced that he deserved that PRIOR to many others. But then you wrote that if he isn’t the most interesting man in the world, he could be. That ended my hope that the comments section of PFT would be the only thing worth coming for. That’s a pretty delusional comment right there and PFT already has a stable of delusional writers.
    Oh well. We will see, I guess.

6. 1) It would be a great idea if you told us how to correctly pronounce her first name.

2) Why have you not yet had Colin Kaepernick as a guest on PFT Live?

7. The readers here reflect mainstream America, not the west coast and northeast bubbles. Call the Redskins by their name and don’t push leftist political views and you’ll be okay.

8. This is not good. I come to PFT to catch content relating to all teams and aspects of the NFL. I don’t want to come to PFT to see Cowboys more heavily covered than the rest of NFL teams. I think most NFL fans would actually prefer to see and hear less about the Cowboys than we currently do.

9. Yeah, but I bet she didn’t score nearly as high as you scored on your “cry conspiracy whenever a right-wing lunatic is proven stupid” exam.

Would you now care to cry a little more?
    ————–

Cry like the libs who keep whining about the election and how Russia hacked the DNC, safe spaces, blah blah blah.

Besides – funny how these “right-wing lunatic” conspiracy theories somehow get proven.. You know, Hillary’s love for Wall Street, ‘Crats are simply sellouts to the almighty dollar, rich white folks behind Black Lives Matter, etc. etc.

The only reason why Seth Rich hasn’t been proven yet is because the liberal MSM wants to put a lid on it. After all, it doesn’t look good when there’s a pattern of folks that want to testify against the Clintons get killed off “coincidentally.”

10. Hopefully she can keep politics out of it period. Regardless of which side you sit on the red/blue line, I think we can all agree politics coming up in the articles and the comments is getting old. When it comes to our beloved sport of football, to reference The Highlander, not on holy ground.

11. theoriginalcardsfan says:
    Jun 4, 2017 3:02 PM

Would you now care to cry a little more?
    ————–

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

You could have just said “Yes, I want to cry some more” and saved yourself a lot of typing. Is it out of your system now or would you like to whine even further?

12. This was a really good hire, imho, but I have to ask: This is at least the 2nd hire PFT has made this off-season, yet I don’t think you’ve given Colin Kaepernick an interview or even contacted his agent. Are you part of a grand conspiracy?

—————————————

I’m sure Charean will be a great addition but I think Kaep checks a lot of the boxes:
    a) he needs the job
    b) he’s outspoken
    c) has inside knowledge of how the nfl works
    d) makes pft more diverse
    e) can give protesting tips to pft readers
    f) could open up opportunities for pft gear sales (socks etc)

13. What happened to the new guy from San Diego like a month ago who wrote four stories and then disappeared?

I’m available for hire Mr. Florio. I can give great insight on the Lions while bashing the Michigan State Spartans at the same time.

14. Good luck Charean ..but what’s with the vintage pic of a young John Elway?

15. originate421 says:

====================================

The Cowboys are the most popular sports franchise on the planet. They’re worth four billion dollars. Real Madrid is only worth 3.65 billion. Naturally the most popular sports franchise on the planet is going to get a lot of coverage.

16. andystandsup says:
    Jun 4, 2017 12:35 PM

It’s Dallas, not politically incorrect “Cowboys”.

=========================

Yes, this… I am VERY offended by that politically incorrect team name. And as we all know, if ONE PERSON is offended, the world needs to change to accommodate them. Start calling it the Dallas NFL Franchise please.

17. Charean appeared wearing a fashionably understated navy polo shirt that perfectly matched subtly checked summer deck shorts. The press pass draped casually from her neck set off the ensemble perfectly, and my goodness, where can I find those sunglasses? Must have! The entire effect was just sort of stunning, and not something you encounter often in the sweaty, rumpled suit world of sports writing.

18. The news we’re all waiting for is for Mr. PFT to be hired by some backwoods print publication. The Forks Junction Weekly Telegraph. “Yes We Still Use Telegraph”.

19. Just because you have the right follow ESPN down the PC road to oblivion doesn’t mean you have to. Being one of the 15 best girls in football is like being one of the 15 best former heisman trophy winners playing minor league baseball. Its not a real accomplishment and no one cares. Gross, just gross.

20. ————————————————————
    thingamajig says:
    Jun 4, 2017 12:58 PM
    My guess is that within 6 months she accepts a better job with someone else.
    ———————————————————–

Abandonment fears can be treated with hallucinogenics. It’s worth checking into.

21. ———————————————————
    touchdownamericasteam says:
    Jun 4, 2017 3:22 PM
    ——————————————————–

America’s favorite pastimes are football, beer, and insulting each other, in no particular order. I respect your opinion, but you are coming off as a whiny little buzzkill today. You probably hate end zone celebrations, too.

22. Her name is pronounced Sha-reen. She is an excellent writer and the higher ups at the Ft. Worth Star-Telegram who let her go are idiots!