Gronkowski declares himself to be “100 percent”

AP

Whether he stays there is a different thing. For now, though, Patriots tight end Rob Gronkowski is fully healthy.

“I’m 100 percent,” Gronkowski told reporters on Tuesday. “Good to go.”

Some had doubts that Gronkowski would ever be the same again after undergoing yet another back surgery. Gronkowski wasn’t among them.

“No, definitely no doubts,” Gronkowski said. “I just know that all the hard work you put in is what you’re going to get out of it. I love to put in the work. [I] love the challenge sometimes. It is what it was and now I’m good to go.”

He’s good to go with a contract that pays him up to $5.5 million beyond the $5.25 million he was already due to earn this season.

“I’m definitely very thankful for the opportunity that the Patriots organization has [given] me,” Gronkowski said regarding the new deal he signed last month. “I just have to keep working hard and do what’s best for the team and do what’s best for myself to help out the team in every way possible.”

If he stays healthy, he’ll help out the Patriots in ways that he didn’t last year, when they won the Super Bowl while he was recovering from back surgery. If he can stay at or close to 100 percent for all of 2017, the Patriots could be the first team to win back-to-back titles since the Patriots did in 2003-04.

Permalink 14 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Home, New England Patriots, Rumor Mill
14 Responses to “Gronkowski declares himself to be “100 percent””
  1. losangelesbillsofbuffalo says: Jun 6, 2017 4:46 PM

I believe the exact quote from Gronk was, “I’m 69% PLUS 31%. Good to go. No, definitely no doubts.”

2. crush22 says: Jun 6, 2017 4:52 PM

100% glass.

3. crush22 says: Jun 6, 2017 4:53 PM

losangelesbillsofbuffalo says:
    Jun 6, 2017 4:46 PM
    __________________
    …….like he could do math.

4. patsfan4lifesbchamps says: Jun 6, 2017 5:03 PM

GOAT tight end

5. mistrezzrachael says: Jun 6, 2017 5:10 PM

If Gronk was on field in Super Bowl…the Falcons would not have been able to double receiver cuts across the middle. First half, would have been different.

Gronk….is impossible to stop, sure can slow him down w/a couple defenders on him…but then Brady eats you alive.

6. bobthebillsfan says: Jun 6, 2017 5:27 PM

“,,,the Patriots could be the first team to win back-to-back titles since the Patriots did in 2003-04.”.

But I thought the Seahawks were going to be a dynasty.

7. daddeeo says: Jun 6, 2017 5:40 PM

Gronk Smash…

8. terripet says: Jun 6, 2017 5:46 PM

by week 6 it will be 0% back to the IR

9. harrisonhits2 says: Jun 6, 2017 5:52 PM

“by week 6 it will be 0% back to the IR”

Lolz don’t you ever get tired of being wrong? If there any one poster on the site that a statement from you guarantees the opposite is likely to happen, its you Terripet.

I fully expect your Bills to be watching the playoffs from their couches again and miss the playoffs for what will it be, 18 consecutive years? lolercoaster

10. grumpysal says: Jun 6, 2017 6:03 PM

Gronk’s literally the cherry on top of the sundae – not really needed, but damn it’s good when it’s there!

Pats have shown they can win without him and that they’ll win by 20+ with him. The Pats should play him in limited action until the playoffs come then turn him loose.

Good luck to the rest of the league if he’s healthy for the playoffs!

11. hehateme2 says: Jun 6, 2017 8:08 PM

Glasskowski will go down again sometime soon. Unreliable.

12. stucats says: Jun 7, 2017 8:17 AM

MEAT HEAD!

13. superpatriotsfan says: Jun 7, 2017 12:40 PM

100% Glass China Doll

14. lanman11 says: Jun 7, 2017 5:28 PM

It was clear the Patriots lacked a game changing player in the Super Bowl. Gronkowski is it, and he was not available. it took them some time to adjust, and they were close to not being able to do it. This is the impetus for bringing in Cooks and incentivizing Gronkowski. In the biggest of games, they will likely need a player that can make a few plays to tilt the board in their favor, if they don’t have time to execute their Chinese Torture, Death by 10,000 cuts offense.