Dak Prescott wants to get a doctorate in psychology

Getty Images

Cowboys quarterback Dak Prescott quickly developed an advanced education in football. He hopes to continue to obtain an advanced education away from the field.

“Getting my degrees has helped me immensely, just within the game of football and with people, just making me more educated in general,” Prescott recently told the Talk of Fame Network. “It’s something I continue to do. I’m actually continuing at some point either when I’m done [playing] or one offseason, I want to start working on my doctorate. So, I mean, it’s very important to me.”

Asked about the field in which he hopes to get a doctorate, Prescott said, “Psychology.”

“It’s just being able to understand people, kind of know what people take to be motivated and learning each and every personality that I can, so definitely can help me out just being a leader,” Prescott explained.

During a stellar rookie season, Prescott said that his diverse racial background allows him to establish meaningful connections with his teammates. A psychology degree would go even farther to allow him to properly motivate and lead.

With leadership being regarded as a key factor in the success of a quarterback, anything Prescott does to enhance his ability to lead the Cowboys will help. And if it works, quarterback getting psychology degrees could become a new trend for NFL quarterbacks.

Permalink 8 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Dallas Cowboys, Home, Rumor Mill
8 Responses to “Dak Prescott wants to get a doctorate in psychology”
  1. touchdownamericasteam says: Jun 7, 2017 10:24 PM

Before the trolls junp in, I am so glad this kid is our qb.

2. 6ball says: Jun 7, 2017 10:25 PM

It’s only a matter of time before Niles Crane is starting in the NFL.

3. suncawy says: Jun 7, 2017 11:04 PM

The last time the Cowboys had a psychology major….Jimmy Johnson, who helped created the 90’s Cowboys. Those teams went on win 3 Superbowls in 4 years, to bad Jimmy stayed for only 2 of those.

4. spiffy1001 says: Jun 8, 2017 12:11 AM

Like the Cowboys or not, Mr. Prescott is an extremely intelligent young man. I doubt QBs getting advanced psychology degrees will be a trend.

5. redlikethepig says: Jun 8, 2017 4:45 AM

Criminal Justice might be better.

6. bigoldred says: Jun 8, 2017 5:50 AM

Locker room scene, Dak in front of his locker, reading a text book. “Hey Zeke, it says in chapter 6 you shouldn’t hit women”. But his head will explode with all the stuff he realizes he should say the Jerry Jones.

7. metalup666 says: Jun 8, 2017 11:23 AM

“Locker room scene, Dak in front of his locker, reading a text book. “Hey Zeke, it says in chapter 6 you shouldn’t hit women””

Who exactly hit a woman?

8. TD Hawk says: Jun 8, 2017 8:53 PM

I cannot imagine why anyone would criticize this man.