Elite pass-rushers don’t scare Cowboys RT La’el Collins

AP

La’El Collins move from left guard to right tackle means he will see some of the best pass-rushers in the NFL. Von Miller, Khalil Mack, Joey Bosa and Jason Pierre-Paul are among those the Cowboys are scheduled to face this season.

Collins isn’t fazed.

I really don’t care,” Collins said, via Todd Archer of ESPN. “Because they don’t mean nothing to me. “I’ll see them when I see them.”

Collins began his pro career practicing at right tackle as a rookie in 2015, but the Cowboys moved him to left guard before the season, and he started 14 games there in two seasons. Doug Free’s retirement this offseason prompted Dallas to move Collins to right tackle, a move Collins embraces.

“Every day I’ve been at right tackle,” said Collins, who played only three games last season before undergoing toe surgery. “I haven’t done anything at guard these OTAs, so I’m just focusing on where they got me and being my best there.”

Permalink 23 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Dallas Cowboys, Home, Rumor Mill
23 Responses to “Elite pass-rushers don’t scare Cowboys RT La’el Collins”
  1. The Phantom Stranger says: Jun 9, 2017 6:26 PM

Great attitude. You might want to consider studying up on these guys a bit. If they don’t mean nothing to you now, they might soon.

2. BIGGSHAUN says: Jun 9, 2017 6:29 PM

Mediocre-at-best LT

3. eetadick says: Jun 9, 2017 6:34 PM

Von Miller would eat this fat boy up

4. jvlennon81 says: Jun 9, 2017 6:48 PM

If they “don’t mean nothing” that means they mean something.

5. mcwest1 says: Jun 9, 2017 6:50 PM

Why should he care or be scared? Prescott and Elliott will be the ones getting hit and/or tackled. Not Collins.

6. mullman76 says: Jun 9, 2017 6:50 PM

Mack is better than Miller.

Eet that D, bruh.

RAIDER NATION

7. abninf says: Jun 9, 2017 6:57 PM

Von Miller will get flattened like a pancake.

8. shayeezy says: Jun 9, 2017 7:13 PM

justin houston, too.

9. charliecharger says: Jun 9, 2017 7:20 PM

Those guys are good pass rushers, but Collins could end up being pretty good too. The Cowboys can always give him help with a TE or RB in certain situations, if he needs it. Plus, Prescott is pretty elusive. Getting to him is one thing. Bringing him down is another. I think the Cowboys will face Atlanta in the NFC Championship.

10. 1phillyphan says: Jun 9, 2017 7:35 PM

11. notlistinin says: Jun 9, 2017 8:00 PM

1phillyphan says:
    Jun 9, 2017 7:35 PM
    The NFL East Is loaded with pass rushers. I’m sure each one has a little more motivation now. Not that they need it playing the mouthy arrogant Cowboys and Zekes dumb every time I touch the ball feed me motion. The Skins, G Men, and Eagles all got better. Dallas lost some good players and didn’t draft well. ie Dallas 3rd place.

——————————————————————–

Collins will be at least as good as Free, I would argue better.
    You should probably be more concerned if Wentz becomes at least as good as Prescott already is.

12. cboys4life2014 says: Jun 9, 2017 8:12 PM

1phillyphan since when were the players Dallas lost figured to be good? Since they lost them? Funny everybody thought Carr, Claiborne, Church, Wilcox and Free were liabilities until Dallas let em go. Free needed to go 2 years ago. Collins is an improvement at RT. The secondary was garbage and couldn’t have gotten any worse. Leary was probably the biggest loss but how soon everybody forgets he was picked up as a FA and benefited from having Smith, Frederick and Martin also. Not as much as Free did though I’ll say that but Collins and Cooper replacing Free and Leary means only 1 guy (Cooper) benefiting from the other 4 instead of 2 guys (Free and Leary) benefiting from the other 3. Dallas got better too

13. sportoficionado says: Jun 9, 2017 8:28 PM

can just feel the jealousy seething through some of these posts–just realize that La’el isn’t just some fat lineman, the man is athletic and can move very quickly on the football field. Those pass rushers better bring a sack lunch that day, cause Collins is no push over, he goin be there all day.

14. officialgame says: Jun 9, 2017 8:33 PM

What a clown, how about getting in the film room and studying some of the elite pass rushers you will be facing. Maybe he thinks he so great there is no need for that. The dude is in for a rude awakening.

15. cboys4life2014 says: Jun 9, 2017 8:54 PM

officialgame or maybe he just responded to a question he was asked? Idk wasn’t there….and neither were you. But hey let’s assume we know his thought process in the meantime

16. shooter28 says: Jun 9, 2017 9:48 PM

Collin’s is going to get eaten up as a 1st year Right-Tackle… I cannot wait to AZs pass rushers eat him alive in week one as Elite OLBs Chandler Jones (11.5sks/4FFs) & Markus Golden (12.5sks/4FFs) were the most productive pass rushing duo in the NFL w/ AZ leading the NFL in sacks. Jarvis Jones will play as a 3rd pass rusher in AZs nascar package and Elite prospect ILB/OLB 6″2/239pd Hasson Reddick (4.49spd/37in vert/133 broad jump) who is extremely explosive w/ elite spd off the edge & given his combo of pass rushing ability n speed off the snap along w/ his ability to bend contort his body around the edge had scouts comparing his pass rushing ability to Von Miller. Reddick will also rush from the outside @ OLB/DE as well as from as ILB. Not to mention the excellent D-Line pass rushers they have. Good Luck Blocking those guys in week 3 Collins, Golden/Jones/Reddick are going to eat your lunch.

17. bird2urmother says: Jun 10, 2017 1:01 AM

We’ll see if Collins puts it together. He does have the tools to be good tho. And don’t sleep on wentz. Comparing him to Prescott isn’t fair. Prescott had weapons around him last year n a good line in front of him. Eagles had arguably the worst receivers in the NFL last season. I think wentz has some legit weapons now as well this season so we’ll see how this season goes. Dallas won’t get those last place teams on their schedule like last year. They’ll have those division winners on their schedule. Should be a fun year. Giants are pretty solid too.

18. jbraider says: Jun 10, 2017 1:12 AM

Bosa plays over the LT

19. christopher302 says: Jun 10, 2017 2:00 AM

Funny how especially eagles and giants fan love to hate, they click and actually take the time to comment on anything cowboys related. I don’t waste my time on any giant , Eagle or redskin links but here they are everyday. I Love it

20. Pola Pe'a says: Jun 10, 2017 8:12 AM

I wouldn’t expect him to say anything else. Don’t kid yourselves that this move isn’t a big adjustment though. The difference between G and T is huge. Tackles are on an island and the first kick-step and pass set is make or break. Guards play in an enclosed space so footwork in pass pro isn’t as critical.

21. thetroofishere says: Jun 10, 2017 9:29 AM

So you wanted him to say “I’m scared”?

22. trollaikman8 says: Jun 10, 2017 3:22 PM

I prefer Tyron Smith’s quiet/humble demeanor but every offensive line needs one bully. Ronald Leary had a little bit of that in him. Collins seems to be the same. The only thing is, you need to be able to back it up with solid, consistent play.

23. stucats says: Jun 11, 2017 6:33 PM

believe it or not but the “great wall of Dallas part 2” just got better with Collins moving to right tackle replacing that turn-style Doug Free.

The rest of the NFC East will soon realize that.