DeMarco Murray: Titans’ offensive line among the best

Getty Images

DeMarco Murray ran behind the Cowboys’ offensive line when he led the league in rushing in 2014. He now runs behind the Titans’ offensive line and finished third in the league last season with 1,287 yards.

Murray ranks the Titans’ offensive line among the best, along with Dallas.

How close are they?” Murray said, via Clark Judge of the Talk of Fame. “I mean, I run behind these guys every day. I have a lot of respect for Dallas and those guys — Zack [Martin] and Trav [Frederick] and Tyron [Smith] and Doug Free. I’m still great friends with them. I think with the line we have here in Nashville with the Titans [that] we’re one of the top in the league.”

Murray was not asked about the Eagles line. He had a career-low 3.6 yards with Philadelphia in 2015, Murray’s only season in the last four that he didn’t top 1,000 yards.

The Titans ranked third in rushing yards, fourth in yards per carry and tied for seventh in fewest sacks allowed last season.

The Cowboys, of course, had the league’s leading rusher in rookie Ezekiel Elliott and saw linemen Frederick, Martin and Smith earn first-team All-Pro honors.

Permalink 9 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Dallas Cowboys, Home, Rumor Mill, Tennessee Titans
9 Responses to “DeMarco Murray: Titans’ offensive line among the best”
  1. Eli Pacheco says: Jun 12, 2017 4:53 PM

Tennessee’s my pick as the surprise playoff team for 2017.

2. The Phantom Stranger says: Jun 12, 2017 5:01 PM

Only 3.6 yards all year? That’s really bad.

3. The Phantom Stranger says: Jun 12, 2017 5:05 PM

Eli Pacheco says:
    Jun 12, 2017 4:53 PM

Tennessee’s my pick as the surprise playoff team for 2017.
    ____

Well, they finished 9-7 last year, which was the same record as the division champion, so I’m not sure how far out on the limb you’re going there. Now if you would have predicted the Jets as the surprise playoff team, I’d be impressed.

4. lionglass says: Jun 12, 2017 6:13 PM

The Phantom Stranger says:
    Jun 12, 2017 5:05 PM
    Eli Pacheco says:
    Jun 12, 2017 4:53 PM

Tennessee’s my pick as the surprise playoff team for 2017.
    ____

____

Helpless with laughter, more like.

5. mrclutch5569 says: Jun 12, 2017 6:14 PM

Murray was the perfect RB we needed in the new Jon Robinson era. Unfortunately, Murray is showing the signs of the wear and tear dating back to even his college days so I’m curious how much more tread is on his tires but the dude is a grinder. Thank God we have Henry back there as well

6. titans12thman says: Jun 12, 2017 6:14 PM

With Conklin making all-pro as a rookie I hope it put a little pressure on Taylor to try and get all-pro at left tackle this season. We have beasts at every position on the line and our O-line coach is one of the best in the business. I can’t wait to see what year two brings with Henry and Murray running behind these guys.

7. bighoser says: Jun 12, 2017 6:20 PM

It will be a “surprise” if the Jets win more than 2 games (which I’m sure management is fine with) while the Titans will win 10-11 games.

8. raidernation210 says: Jun 12, 2017 6:21 PM

pretty sure the Raiders O line is better

9. weepingjebus says: Jun 12, 2017 6:29 PM

Actually, I could see the Jets inexplicably going 9-7 and missing the playoffs by a whisker if only because it would push them back into the middle of the draft. They can’t even tank properly.