Jerry Jones knows his Hall presenter but not ready to announce it

Getty Images

Jerry Jones has decided his presenter for the Hall of Fame, but, of course, he wants to announce it in a press conference.

I’m not ready to say who it is,” Jones said, via David Moore of the Dallas Morning News. “I have decided that. It’s been well received by everybody I’m close to, family or otherwise.

“But I do want to make this something we will announce.”

Jones said he reached his decision in the past week.

Jones’ son, Stephen, who has served as an executive with the Cowboys since Jerry bought the team in 1989, is the favorite to land the honor.

Jerry Jones served as the presenter for Larry Allen, Emmitt Smith and Michael Irvin. He was elected into the Class of 2017 as a contributor.

Permalink 24 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Dallas Cowboys, Home, Rumor Mill
24 Responses to “Jerry Jones knows his Hall presenter but not ready to announce it”
  1. midnightcusk says: Jun 13, 2017 9:15 PM

His plastic surgeon?

2. dallashomer says: Jun 13, 2017 9:21 PM

Jimmy?

3. philspimphand says: Jun 13, 2017 9:37 PM

100 bucks on Aikmen

4. vavikingfan says: Jun 13, 2017 9:47 PM

Jerry will present himself.

5. arvinkp says: Jun 13, 2017 9:49 PM

Jimmy Johnson perhaps… haha

6. nyneal says: Jun 13, 2017 9:57 PM

I have never been to the Pro Football Hall Of Fame. Now that Jerruh Jones has been elected to it, I have no desire to go what so ever.
    There are so many people who are way more deserving than Jones to get into the Hall Of Fame, that it’s a joke.

7. notlistinin says: Jun 13, 2017 10:01 PM

If Stephen is a 2-1 favorite I would put Aikman at 6-1, Romo 10-1, Smith 15-1, the field at 9/2. Just for fun I would offer Jimmy at 60-1 and Barry Switzer at 200-1.

8. blackqbwhiterb says: Jun 13, 2017 10:38 PM

Interesting observation- most of us fans, including me, & most media people can’t stand Jerry Jones, or at least never stop relentlessly criticizing him. But most of, if not all, the men who played on his teams love the guy.

9. yankeemofo says: Jun 13, 2017 10:56 PM

Attention wh0re.

No way he should be in the Hall.

10. gmen5280 says: Jun 13, 2017 11:19 PM

Knowing Jerry, it is probably Jerry Jones that is presenting Jerry Jones.

11. backintheday99 says: Jun 13, 2017 11:21 PM

A press conference? Geez. You really think you’re that special that you want us to wait for info we could care less about?

If it turns out to be Jimmy Johnson, THEN it will be a worthwhile press conference.

PS: Shouldn’t even be in the HOF. Maybe a wax museum in Dallas, oh wait…

12. ibillwt says: Jun 13, 2017 11:41 PM

Jimmy johnson

13. 12brichandfamous says: Jun 14, 2017 12:01 AM

I won’t watch. Blowhard

14. jerrysglassescleaner says: Jun 14, 2017 1:19 AM

:’)

15. araidersfan says: Jun 14, 2017 5:47 AM

Jerry Jones only claims to NFL fame are (1) the disgraceful way he treated Tom Landry (a true legend) when he bought the Cowboys and (2) the moronic/jealous way he drove Jimmy Johnson out of Dallas after Johnson put together those early 90s Super Bowl teams. Jones only belongs in Canton the way I do – with an admission ticket.

Having said that, I have no problem if Jerry were to be inducted into a comedy HOF because he has the gift of being able to get people to laugh without ever intentionally trying to be funny.

16. thefirstsmilergrogan says: Jun 14, 2017 6:11 AM

my guess is jerry wants donald trump to be his presenter….

17. harrietknutczak says: Jun 14, 2017 6:20 AM

I bet it’s Jerrah himself!

18. grogansheroes says: Jun 14, 2017 12:07 PM

I say Jason Garrett. Jerry loves him some “yes” men.

19. DitkasHair says: Jun 14, 2017 12:20 PM

Larry, Curley or Moe? Has to be one of the 3 Stooges…

20. factschecker says: Jun 14, 2017 12:24 PM

He put himself in so he may as well present himself.

As a fan of the NFL (not a Dallas hater)
    IMO he doesn’t belong in the HOF.
    A) he’s not a player.
    B) he’s not retired so he’s not even eligible.
    C) Everything he has done for the NFL has been for the Dallas Cowboys and only for the Dallas Cowboys. He’s not an ambassador of the game. He should only be in the Dallas ring of honor and that’s as far as it should go.

This is all about ego and it’s bad for the NFL.

21. ibillwt says: Jun 14, 2017 3:43 PM

Belichick did more in his first four years as a GM than Jerry did in his career.

There should be a moratorium on any owner or GM being considered until Belichick hangs it up and goes in – taking Kraft with him.

22. goodtogo28 says: Jun 14, 2017 5:06 PM

jerry actually needs two presenters, one to represent jerry and the other to represent jerry’s ego.

23. 'boys4life says: Jun 14, 2017 6:35 PM

It almost has to be Jimmy Johnson. Barry Switzer is a possibility. Other than his own son I don’t know anyone that’d want to.

24. eaglesrguano says: Jun 14, 2017 11:33 PM

Who cares. I’m a Cow fan and dislike Jerrah immensely .

Here’s the best I could come up with: https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/dallas-cowboys/cowboys/2017/02/04/cowboys-owner-jerry-jones-earned-hall-fame-jacket-changing-way-nfl-business