Antonio Brown gives Roger Goodell a thumbs-up for celebrations

Getty Images

NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell has earned himself some good will with the players after the league changed its celebration rules.

Goodell and Steelers receiver Antonio Brown appeared together in a brief video that Brown posted on social media, and Brown made clear that he loves the league’s decision to ease up on celebration penalties.

“With the best commissioner in the game. We’re allowed to celebrate now,” Brown said.

“Let’s do it,” Goodell replied.

Brown has picked up multiple fines and penalties for celebrations, leading the Steelers to tell him last year to knock it off. Now the NFL is telling him to keep it up. Which has Goodell in Brown’s good graces.

Permalink 23 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Pittsburgh Steelers, Rumor Mill, Top Stories
23 Responses to “Antonio Brown gives Roger Goodell a thumbs-up for celebrations”
  1. crp63 says: Jun 20, 2017 6:08 AM

I’m pretty sure Harrison is going to want to have a word with you

2. midnightcusk says: Jun 20, 2017 6:11 AM

I am also giving Goodell one finger up. Guess which one?

3. BIGGSHAUN says: Jun 20, 2017 6:45 AM

Uh oh. He gave the commissioner some love. Here comes the arrows!

4. mmmpierogi says: Jun 20, 2017 6:55 AM

“With the best commissioner in the game…” Brown said.

*******************************************************************************

Moments later, James Harrison issued a press conference to announce his retirement from the NFL and permanent estrangement from Antonio Brown.

5. droppedinagreasefire says: Jun 20, 2017 6:59 AM

Good ol’ Goodell. The Commish only loosened the leash on celebrations due to sagging tv ratings.

6. humbleminded85 says: Jun 20, 2017 7:18 AM

“With the best commissioner in the game. We’re allowed to celebrate now”

As apposed to the 14 other commissioners of the NFL.

7. weepingjebus says: Jun 20, 2017 7:45 AM

It’s amazing how much in word and deed Goodell resembles the warden from Shawshank.

8. abninf says: Jun 20, 2017 8:22 AM

He’s excited he gets to dance and prance in front of a mostly male audience.

9. BarbequeTime says: Jun 20, 2017 8:36 AM

I think Brown might still be on a pump count. He should double check what the number is.

10. nhpats says: Jun 20, 2017 9:00 AM

“With the best commissioner in the game” Brown said.

Is this guy serious?

11. citizenstrange says: Jun 20, 2017 9:19 AM

Does this mean that Brown can wear his wonderful shoe “dedications?” I mean … that’s his thing right?

12. timmmah10 says: Jun 20, 2017 9:20 AM

nhpats says:
    Jun 20, 2017 9:00 AM

“With the best commissioner in the game” Brown said.

Is this guy serious?
    ———————————

To be fair, he’s the only commissioner in the game, so… I guess he’s also the worst?

13. streetyson says: Jun 20, 2017 9:31 AM

Why weren’t we told earlier that running head-on into one or two 300lb guys doing the same in order to flatten you could lead to head injuries? I mean, I often got up a little woozy or worse despite the helmet, and we all know a knock to the head can be dangerous, even to cyclists wearing helmets… But still, no one said it applied to football, so give me more millions!

14. wrongnessmaximus says: Jun 20, 2017 10:00 AM

Well, after all -the celebration and the “look at me” is the most important thing. Not winning, as witnessed by celebrations by players that get a sack or a catch when they are 20 down.

15. bannedfromchoirpractice says: Jun 20, 2017 10:22 AM

I wish Florio were the commissioner.

16. Nofoolnodrool says: Jun 20, 2017 10:49 AM

Don’t confuse Nhpats with the simple stuff as he is easily confused.

AB loves life in a playful way so ease up. He works hard at his craft and seems to be a great dad….so lighten up troll’s.

17. firecracker87 says: Jun 20, 2017 11:18 AM

I expected to see the picture where he was hugging the goal post.

18. granadafan says: Jun 20, 2017 11:25 AM

Cue the conservative snowflake responses, “Why can’t the players hand the ball off to the ref like old Barry Sanders?” or

“The fans are screaming and high fiving and teammates are jumping for joy, but how dare that player show emotion! He’s just typical of the look-at-me millennial players of today’s generation! Back in my day……”

19. wolfies30 says: Jun 20, 2017 11:43 AM

******************************************************************

I 100% believe that this is sarcasm.

20. tindeaux says: Jun 20, 2017 12:31 PM

what? are you serious? all m0n|<eis love to do tricks and taking the tricks away from them is like taking the bread and butter away from humankind.

21. dwoofer says: Jun 20, 2017 12:40 PM

I grew up with the perfect season Dolphins. When they scored a TD, the only “celebration” was a handshake from a fellow teammate. Nobody did goofy dances or other silly gyrations……but we fans thoroughly enjoyed the players’ performance, and appreciated their professionalism. I think I speak for a lot of Dolfans who recall the good old days when we did not have to endure the nonsense, and just enjoyed the play.

22. nhpats says: Jun 20, 2017 12:57 PM

dwoofer says:
    Jun 20, 2017 12:40 PM

———-

Sure…..but that was when Shula would water the field to slow down a faster team…….

23. takeyourpunishmentandquitwhininglikeababy says: Jun 22, 2017 3:17 PM

You just witnessed the peak of the 2017 Steelers’ season. Antonio Clown gets to re-join the circus of showboating fops once again. Doo-doo-do-do-do-doo-doo-doo-doo!