Jerry Jones among group set to meet Pope Francis

Jerry Jones and a group from the Pro Football Hall of Fame have an audience with Pope Francis at the Vatican on Wednesday. It begs the question: Will Jones ask the Pope to bless his football team?

According to Michael Granberry of the Dallas Morning News, Jones and his wife, Gene, are traveling in Italy with 39 others. The group includes six previous Hall of Fame inductees. Jones will earn induction next month as part of the Class of 2017. The traveling party also includes members of the of the Hall of Fame board of trustees, of which Jones is a member.

Of course, Jones can remind the Pope that former Cowboys quarterback Roger Staubach, a staunch Catholic, is credited with bringing the term “Hail Mary” to the NFL. “I closed my eyes and said a Hail Mary,” Staubach told reporters after his touchdown pass to Drew Pearson beat the Vikings in the waning seconds in the 1975 playoffs.

Permalink 8 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Dallas Cowboys, Home, Rumor Mill
8 Responses to “Jerry Jones among group set to meet Pope Francis”
  1. milkcan44 says: Jun 20, 2017 5:32 PM

Since Jerry is really God just temporarily patronizing us on earth, it will really be the Pope having an audience with him.

2. bighoser says: Jun 20, 2017 6:13 PM

Dallas Cowboys players: “Oh great, so now when we break a bone or something, Dr. Jones is just gonna be like, ‘Here, just sprinkle some of this here holy water on it that the Pope his own self blessed! There ya go, good as new!'”

3. bluenose1965 says: Jun 20, 2017 6:18 PM

The devil went down to the Vatican
    He was looking for a soul to steal……….

4. araidersfan says: Jun 20, 2017 6:21 PM

I’m not religious myself but I wonder if Jones would ever repent for the disgraceful way he treated Tom Landry (an NFL legend and deeply religious man) when he bought the Cowboys? That act, along with the moronic/jealous way in which he drove Jimmy Johnson out of Dallas are Jerry’s only claims to NFL fame. Inducting him into the pro football HOF is a joke & travesty.

5. bonitalocal says: Jun 20, 2017 6:27 PM

Poor Pope. He’s getting all of the scumbags this year.

6. abninf says: Jun 20, 2017 6:52 PM

araidersfan says:

================================

He made things right with Tom Landry. Johnson was 50% to blame. He needs to repent for signing Michael Sam.

7. RegisHawk says: Jun 21, 2017 9:32 AM

Jerruh: Hey, Fran! I always dreamed you’d be the one to present me at the HOF…

8. araidersfan says: Jun 22, 2017 9:48 AM

Thanks to the way Jerry Jones mistreated him, Tom Landry became a Giants fan for the remainder of his life.