Former Ravens and Giants linebacker shot and killed

Getty Images

A former Ravens and Giants linebacker was shot and killed in Reno Sunday.

According to the Reno Gazette-Journal, Ryan Jones was among three men shot, and he died at the scene. Police aren’t commenting on the circumstances of the shooting, citing their “ongoing investigation.”

Jones played defensive end at Montana Tech, and he was the first player from the school to sign an NFL contract.

He originally signed with the Ravens in 2014, but was released with an injury settlement. He spent time with the Giants in 2015.

Permalink 7 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Baltimore Ravens, Home, New York Giants, Rumor Mill
7 Responses to “Former Ravens and Giants linebacker shot and killed”
  1. BuffaloSportsTown says: Jun 21, 2017 6:35 AM

Wasn’t he the first NFL player to hail from Montana Tech?

2. "All Eyez On Me" in theaters NOW!!! says: Jun 21, 2017 7:43 AM

Rip reno high school star Ryan Jones!!! I like how my comment post without the whole comment .

3. sceaglesfan says: Jun 21, 2017 8:32 AM

We need more guns out there clearly

4. metitometin says: Jun 21, 2017 9:05 AM

So many gun deaths in this country yet the Republican party is doing nothing about it. I think the Republicans are secretly hoping we all kill each other so the 1% are left with the spoils. We are the laughingstock of the world right now.

5. walleye436 says: Jun 21, 2017 9:23 AM

I think London is the laughing stock of the world……

6. fishyinalittledishy says: Jun 21, 2017 2:43 PM

Always been against the right to own a firearm but then crazy violent criminal losers will always have access to firearms and will more than likely be in the possession of at least a sidearm. I personally don’t think I could carry one but maybe if I did and some lunatic terrorist tried to hack their way through a crowded shopping centre maybe a gun would save an innocent life.

7. guitarkevin says: Jun 26, 2017 12:12 PM

You’re all about the company you keep.