Green Bay says it could host a draft as big as Philadelphia’s

AP

Philadelphia saw an enormous turnout for this year’s NFL draft, with the league claiming 250,000 people attended the three-day outdoor festival surrounding the event. But a crowd that big doesn’t necessarily mean the draft has to be in a big city.

Green Bay is pushing to host the draft, and Brad Toll, the president of the city’s convention and visitors bureau, says his city could manage a Philadelphia-sized crowd.

“My gut feeling is with the people they had in town, we could accommodate that,” Toll told the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. “Between the Resch Center and Titletown District, we certainly have every bit of space they need.”

But the problem facing Green Bay is less about the physical space to fit that many people than about the hotel rooms to accommodate them. Green Bay has just 4,700 hotel rooms while neighboring Appleton adds another 3,000. The Philadelphia region has more than 35,000 hotel rooms.

The NFL wants to make the draft an event big enough that football fans will travel from around the country to attend. Green Bay may not be big enough for that. But they’re going to try to convince the NFL they can handle it.

137 responses to “Green Bay says it could host a draft as big as Philadelphia’s

1. Big PACK guy here. As a wisconson resident, I think this is a terrible idea. It should be in Mad City or Milwaukee if you ask me. Green Bay is nice but too small to acccommodate. Go pack

2. Make your reservations at one of the four hotels in town ASAP. The Super 8 by the stadium is top flight.

3. Another thing Philly had going for it is that it’s an actual city…in relative close proximity to other large cities…and there are already lots of tourists because there is actually stuff there to do…plus, a lot of the people who attended the draft all three days were Philly residents…I went Saturday because it was a nice day and it was only about 15 minutes from my house…I know a lot of the people there on Saturday and Sunday were from the area…I can’t imagine many people wanting to take a trip to a little town in the middle of nowhere like Green Bay…besides Walmart and steak houses…there is nothing else there…

4. Even if the Green Bay draft idea totally bombs and it is an absolute flop, we will still hear endless praise that the GB whole event was awesome.

5. RandyinRoxbury says:
    Jun 23, 2017 8:44 AM
    Anyplace but Filthadelphia.
    South beach would be best!
    —————————————————–
    Philly is a great place….the people are great and it’s a football city and it full of history and culture …outside of Packers fans…nobody cares about Green Bay, and South Beach residents are liter the most fair weather fans you will come across…Iggles fans get a bad rap but they are some of the most loyal fans in the league…and this is from a Vikings fan who lives in Philly, been to both places mentioned and would never spend a dime to go to the draft in Florida or Green Bay…Philly draft was much better than NY, which I’ve been to several times,including the year they had it at the Javits Center…Philly by far was a better experience…

6. Think about what an honor it will be for all these young players and future superstars to visit the most successful franchise in NFL history on draft day.

7. Part of what made Philly work so well is that it’s so close to a handful of other large cities. Fans can easily drive from Pitt/DC/Baltimore/NYC and enjoy a weekend.

GB is a great fan base, but trying to do the exact same thing as Philly did wouldn’t happen and they know it

8. grndizzle says:
    Jun 23, 2017 8:53 AM
    All 12 hotels would be booked full

1 0

————

12?

There are not 12 hotels in GB?

Maybe 5 MOTELS and 1 hotel. I’ve stayed at the 1 hotel.

9. It’s always nice to see you big city dwellers express the depth and magnitude with which the happy little town of Green Bay occupies your every thought.

Now go forth and spend the rest of your day seething while we smile.

10. tylawspick6 says:
    Jun 23, 2017 9:09 AM

12?

There are not 12 hotels in GB?

Maybe 5 MOTELS and 1 hotel. I’ve stayed at the 1 hotel.

They actually have about 20. You should be smart enough to utilize Google.

11. Buffalo would be a great place to do it. The fans there would be even more intense and into it than the Philly fans were. There’s enough hotel space, and it’s within driving distance of Cleveland and Pittsburgh.

12. tylawspick6 says:
    Jun 23, 2017 9:09 AM

12?

There are not 12 hotels in GB?

Maybe 5 MOTELS and 1 hotel. I’ve stayed at the 1 hotel.

They actually have about 20. You should be smart enough to utilize Google.

1 0

—————

I don’t care how many they really have. Anyone who has been to GB knows what I am talking about here.

It’s a frigging big suburb with 1950s houses surroudning the stadium with seedy motels and strip malls and a Georgia Pacific plant at the end of the main drag.

I’ve been there and tried to get a hotel. Believe me. Not much going on there. At all.

13. This is the funniest headline I have read in a long time. Thanks Florio for giving me a chuckle at my desk this morning.

14. rondayne says:
    Jun 23, 2017 9:27 AM

0 0

———-

Ugh.

What is this, the place to have the worst possible venue possible?

Green Bay and then Buffalo?

Yes! Let’s have the draft in Indianapolis or El Paso, Texas too!

15. Green Bay is the place to be.
    Farm livin’ is the life for me.
    Land spreadin’ out so far and wide
    Keep Manhattan, just give me that countryside.

16. previous comment said it. LOCATION. That is why Philly was so successful, location location location – it needs to stay in philly.

17. Yeah, and what are all these people supposed to do after the draft? How’s the night life in Green Bay? What about public transportation? You don’t want all those people driving, and if they do, where do they park? I’m guessing that they don’t have much infrastructure in place to support much more than the swell the town gets on game day. Not saying it doesn’t sound nice for the story, just sounds terrible for the fan.

18. People in Wisconsin are incredibly nice and polite. While that’s not in the DNA of many like me from New England, there’s something to be said for it. Let them host in GB and Goodell can be happy for one year not to be booed (at least not as much).

19. There would be a lot of people, because there are a lot of Packers fans, but that doesn’t mean it would be any fun.

20. You can’t have the NFL draft in towns like Green Bay and Buffalo, they’re just too small.

I thought it went over really well in Philly last year.

21. Exactly, they have plenty of farmland there. Just move a few cows around and Roger will be in his element. He can even host a cow pie throwing contest.

22. kh221 says:
    Jun 23, 2017 8:45 AM

Aww, Green Bay is suffering from little man syndrome

============

13 World Championships.

Uhhh, no. Not suffering.

23. But what would everyone do at night?
    ———————————————-
    It’s a shame he’s gone. I hear Eddie Lacy’s garage sales were legendary…

24. You see the thing is that EVERY NFL city could do a fine job in hosting the draft. In Boston there are several spots I can think of off hand, but the best would be on the Charles at the Esplanade, where the Pops hosts the 4th to upwards of a half a million at one sitting.

I suspect that any NFL could do close to that as well. If the NFL was smart, they’d simply rotate the venue every year, and EVERYONE would be happy…..eventually.

25. Yeah, too small. And yet they host 80,000+ for football games ten weekends a year. Does Green Bay need big city “entertainment” distractions? NO. Green Bay IS football.

26. I dated a lady who went to college in Green Bay. There’s not a lot to do there.

Honestly, I think Minneapolis would be a better place to host it.

27. You all bring up excellent points, but Brad Toll has a gut feeling so I’m going with that.

28. Yeah, too small. And yet they host 80,000+ for football games ten weekends a year.
    ______

I guess I was under the impression that some of those people lived in Green Bay.

29. As a lifelong Packers fan I just don’t see how they would ever be awarded the draft the NFL wants the glitz and glamour of the big city.

We aren’t a big time city but we are about football and I would bet the average fan would be impressed with it. But like I said it is a moot point since it won’t happen.

30. Come see our wonderful culture that consists of lite beer, 3 bars per resident that all look the same (wooden panels, neon lights and terrible sticky video slots) and 7 restaurant that haven’t been updated or cleaned since they were opened in 1980.

31. Keep in mind, part of why things went well in Philly is that the city is accustomed to hosting huge events, especially on the Ben Franklin Parkway. In the last few years Philly has had a visit from the Pope, the Democratic National Convention, and the Draft. Not to mention the annual 4th of July concert/fireworks concert that draws a huge crowd and the Made in America music festival. It took nearly a monthly to get everything ready with crews working nearly around the clock right up until the first day.

Philly also lucked out with the first really fantastic weather of the spring which helped encourage turnout.

A lot of folks have said the draft should return to Philly, personally I’d rather see a few cities try (and fail) to match the experience Philly provided before they bring it back to the Parkway.

32. A colleague and I traveled to Green Bay on a business trip some years ago. The trip was made memorable when the waitress in the hotel coffee shop informed us that she was available for prostitution after her shift at the coffee shop ended, and that we might want to get on her schedule because she anticipated a busy night. This was done in a matter-of-fact manner similar to what one normally hears when being informed of the daily soup choices. I was left with the impression that Green Bay is a bit “earthy.”

33. Oops! Just realized the waitress episode occurred in the Green Bay area, but not in Green Bay proper. Just want to be accurate!

34. Sounds like there’s data to show that while Philly hosted a huge number – not that many were there from out of town and the requirement for hotels isn’t a 1:1 for those that attend.

35. Mm would be in crowd control if the draft happened there. He is Goodell’s pet. & would be frantic if the crowd boo birds whistled about.

36. Philly was perfect because its central to a lot of big markets and accessible to a large amount of fan bases…but ya know, let’s just say it’s crappy because it’s philly and ignore the fact that other organizations are trying to follow the blue print philly used

37. Cute idea. Two Applebee’s and a sagging Leo Frigo bridge. Yeah, cute.

38. It’s funny reading all these people hating on Green Bay.

Green Bay is the mecca of the football world. 13 World Championships ! The best stadium in the world ! Packer Hall of Fame ! The best fans in the world !

Jealous much ???

Fact is, the vast VAST majority of those attending the draft and any festivities surrounding it would drive in for the day, and then go home at night – whether that’s GB, Madison, Milwaukee, or wherever. And those that stay will find hotel rooms in GB, Appleton, Madison, or Milwaukee, and drive back in the next day. Just like they did for the US Open last week in tiny Erin, Wisconsin.

39. 4sacroc says:
    Jun 23, 2017 10:02 AM
    kh221 says:
    Jun 23, 2017 8:45 AM

Aww, Green Bay is suffering from little man syndrome

============

13 World Championships.

Uhhh, no. Not suffering.

———-

Nobody cares about “championships” earned when there were four teams in the league…..

40. 13 World Championships.

eight of them were won when the Packers and Bears would troll each other via Morse Code.

41. It wasnt just about the number of fans there at the draft in Philly. It was more about their passion that made the draft a success. There could have been 250,000 fans there, but if they’re all just standing around and not even caring about out what’s going on then i don’t think it would have been considered a success. I remember one of the analysts said bill belichick told him he could feel the Philly fans’ passion through his television. I also read an article about a dallas sportswriter saying that cowboy fans have no chance at equaling eagles fans passion if they were to have the draft in dallas. The draft was cool to watch. I’m an eagles fan from northern California and have yet to visit Philly so it was nice to get another glimpse into the eagles fan base. You guys rep’d well for our fans. Hopefully it’ll be there again next year.

42. Whaaaaat?? Green Bay doesn’t even have it together enough to sweep the snow from their stadium seats without the help of their fans.

43. NFL could bring in 30,000 RVs and charge 500 a night. Hey, if you are holding the Super Bowl in 10 degree Minneeesoda, why can’t you hold a camp out draft?

44. Realistically they could host and it probably would go very well. Despite what the vikings trolls lead you to believe there is much more in the Fox Valley to offer than you would think. Lambeau is also the Mecca for football stadiums and would be an excellent opportunity for fans of other teams to experience it. Or, I suppose you could listen to the jabs from the vikings “finest” fans.

45. And they could have a barn dance and a cheese fest, too. Come on, Green Bay–you don’t have the necessary hotel accommodations and you aren’t a cosmopolitan area. Get a clue. Hosting the draft is for real cities.

46. Lambeau hosted the Wisconsin v LSU game last year and over half of the fans were from Louisiana as well as other parts of Wisconsin. No problem hosting and here are comments from the LSU faithful who made the trip:

“The people are super, super nice. We’ve enjoyed it. We’ll come back.”

“It’s been better than my stay in Tuscaloosa last year. The fans are actually nice.”

“This is the holy grail of football, so to be here is a blessing.”

“We love Wisconsin. We went to Door County and it was fabulous. The people are so nice you’d think you were in the South.”

“Wisconsin fans are the best. They are so hospitable. The community is unbelievable. We’ve had a great time. Green Bay is the bomb.

47. Many people have already stated the most important facts. They are the ability of fans in other major cities to easily travel (likely by car) to the host city and for there to be basic hotel capacity.

I live in the Philly area after growing up in the city and living there into my 30’s and when I saw all the people attending my first thoughts were of all the NFL fans who drove there from Boston, New York, Washington, Baltimore, etc.

I think the NFL might be going through wishful thinking to think the average NFL fan is going to make major travel arrangements and fly in from all over the country just for a draft. Will a bunch of guys in their 20’s and 30’s plan a car road trip that they know includes the draft and fun times drinking and taking in the attractions of the host city? YES. Will the average Joe really fly in from afar to do the same stuff? I doubt it.

My guess is that the draft will always be in an area that is central and easily accessible to many other football cities. I guess we shall see.

48. Whaaaaat?? Green Bay doesn’t even have it together enough to sweep the snow from their stadium seats without the help of their fans.
    ——–
    It’d be nice if all the people commenting about the city actually knew anything about it or had ever been there.

49. I love reading all these comments mocking the Packers, there fans, and the size of the town. And honestly, the wise cracks about the fans and town being WAY too small for the draft are true and fair. However, almost all of the people trash talking would love to have a chance to walk into Lambeau Field for the draft. It’s an awesome venue with a fan base that only maybe 2 or 3 other teams can even say they compare to.

I hate the Cubs and the fans, but I would love to go to a game or MLB focused event at Wrigley. Not because I like them, but because its just one of those places.

50. Interesting – large market fans have no problem driving 1.5 hours to work every day – one way or driving 2 hours to attend the draft and go home but for some reason they won’t do that in Green Bay.

1.5 hours from GB can have you in Milwaukee or Michigan.

And it’s EASY driving. At hwy speed with the cruise on, no traffic.

51. Cowboys fan from PA and I can honestly say Philly is a great city I love goin down there and the people there are actually more friendly than people think

52. Let me see…..

There’s an NFL stadium that people visit from all corners of the globe, even during the offseason. It’s the third largest of all NFL stadiums and almost universally recognized as a “bucket list” destination. It’s been rated as America’s number one sports destination for Jebus only knows how many years in a row. It’s housed more World Champions than any other stadium. It’s traditions, history and mystique are so compelling, Jason Garrett had his Cowboys tour it the day before their playoff game in hopes his players wouldn’t become overwhelmed.

But it would be a bad place to host the draft because a handful of Internet lunatics say so. Riiiiiight.

53. nhpats says:
    Jun 23, 2017 12:05 PM
    4sacroc says:
    Jun 23, 2017 10:02 AM
    kh221 says:
    Jun 23, 2017 8:45 AM

Aww, Green Bay is suffering from little man syndrome

============

13 World Championships.

Uhhh, no. Not suffering.

———-

==============

When was their ever just four teams? Believe me, the Vikings would be happy to claim ANYTHING

54. The Almighty Cabbage says:
    Jun 23, 2017 9:26 AM

…………
    This article is referring to the City, not the Town.

55. allforfunnplay says:
    Jun 23, 2017 10:59 AM
    Just have it in Vegas. Then everyone will come. You’d also get chance to see which draft prospects will likely party them selves out of the league.
    =====================
    Right. Vegas with 150000 hotel rooms and the only thing any visitor knows about the NFL is that after the games are over, the house keeps their money.

56. Ok Yankee Stadium doubles the number of championships that Lambeau can lay claim to. You’re just dumb to claim otherwise, guy.

As for the draft, it’s the draft. Not the Super Bowl. For most people it is a non-event, something you read about on Monday. For the people following it in real time, again, the vast majority are not there, but watching on tv or refreshing their browsers. So, no, it does not require a large city.

I’ve never been to Green Bay but whatever, it is undeniably part of football’s great tradition. Why not have it there? The NFL would do well to support one of their towns that could see a big boost to the economy in one weekend.

I’m from Seattle and I live in Shanghai (25 million people), but that doesn’t mean I don’t love small towns. Small town America is a special thing, why are so many people so quick to poop on it? I don’t care about the draft but if someone offered me a free trip I would be ecstatic to visit Green Bay and see what’s happening in that part of the world.

57. igocommando says:
    Jun 23, 2017 2:59 PM

The Almighty Cabbage says:
    Jun 23, 2017 9:26 AM

…………
    This article is referring to the City, not the Town.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you for proving my point.

58. allight59 says:
    Jun 23, 2017 10:24 AM
    LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. Most. Hilarious. Headline. Ever.
    ////////////////////////////////////

No. Without doubt, the funniest headline ever was the Star Tribune, 4″ tall helvetica-bold typestyle:

WIDE LEFT

THAT was the funniest headline ever.

59. For all those Packer fans ripping on the Vikings fans here…

Please give them a break. Imagine if your team had never won a superbowl and all you had available to take the edge off was to come here and post some nasty comments about the Packers, Green Bay and Wisconsin.

These Vikings Fans suffer from NWSB Syndrome(NeverWonSuperBowl)and just need some where to go to forget for a little while. Its the least we can do for our unfortunate neighbors.

60. I nominate Nashville, Tennessee as a candidate to host a future draft. Just look at the massive amount of people who congregated downtown to support the Preds during the recent Stanley Cup Finals. I think a similar atmosphere would ensue for an NFL Draft.

61. gbpackfan3 says:
    Jun 23, 2017 8:49 AM

People in Green Bay would open up their homes and welcome strangers in order to add to their city’s football legacy

÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷

By any chance are you related to Dahmer?

62. Look at those two guys in the picture, they look like somebody took their cheese. I hope somebody told them that it was not missing rather it was on top of their heads.

63. Just stick to football and people will watch no matter what city it’s in. Keep pandering to social media and the football fans will grab the remote.

64. cheeseisfattening says:
    Jun 23, 2017 7:13 PM
    //////////////////////////////

Actually, they’re waiting for security. The Viking fan boyfriend of the woman standing behind them got snot-faced on 2-1/2 beers and started picking needless fights. Typical.

65. The Almighty Cabbage says:
    Jun 23, 2017 3:48 PM

igocommando says:
    Jun 23, 2017 2:59 PM

The Almighty Cabbage says:
    Jun 23, 2017 9:26 AM

…………
    This article is referring to the City, not the Town.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you for proving my point.
    …..
    You’re welcome, but I really was thinking about the city. Btw, Lambeau was first host to a game in 1957. The packers only have 4 Super Bowl wins. I could be wrong but since the 49ers have 5 Super Bowls wins while playing out of Candlestick, wouldn’t that make Candlestick the stadium to house more “World”(NFL) Champions? I do realize the pack has a couple NFL Championships in Lambeau prior to the Super Bowl era, but the AFL was playing at that same time. I’m not going to bring up the Yankees because what they play is more of a pastime and not a sport.

66. Why would the NFL have the most important night of the year during the off season in a pasture?

Move six hours west to a proper city with all the hotels and infrastructure you need. Plus the town (and the people) don’t smell like a paper mill.

67. filthymcnasty3 says:
    Jun 23, 2017 9:14 AM
    Green Bay has excellent infrastructure – especially the bridges.

—–

Here is an excellent example of the class of a typical packer fan. Trying to make a joke out of a bridge collapse where many people died.

And Green Bay bridges aren’t all that safe re: Leo frigo

68. Now all we need from you Green Bay is the NFL Draft Transfer Site check in the amount of $350,000 and we’ll be right over. Just make the check out to CASH.

69. The NFL should just keep their noses out of politics and host the draft in Dallas.

It would be funny to see the draft in Green Bay though, no one would go because they wouldn’t be able to convince their wives to go because there’s absolutely nothing else to do but drink.

70. kh221 says:
    Jun 23, 2017 8:45 AM
    Aww, Green Bay is suffering from little man syndrome

________________________________________

Goliath thought David was a “little man” and look how that turned out.

Green Bay Packers — more championships than any other NFL franchise.

Case closed.

71. gb packer fans again showing their inferiority complex yet again. You have 4 SB titles. You had a 2-0 lead on the NFL and you got passed up in the 70’s.
    Nobody here believes you can claim a “World Championship” without winning a playoff game but packer fans. And nobody outside of wisconsin calls gb title town. That was the 50’s & 60’s.

72. “#1 in the nation! Green Bay is “Titletown” among NFL football fans, according to new WalletHub survey.”

Only jealous Viking fans with frowny faces and arms crossed won’t admit it.

73. The Almighty Cabbage says:
    Jun 23, 2017 9:26 AM

…………
    This article is referring to the City, not the Town.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you for proving my point.
    …..
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Packers were, and are, recognized by the NFL as world champions 13 times; 7 of them came when they played out of Lambeau Field.

If you want to disqualify them because another league existed, you’ll be disqualifying a lot more than just the Packers. There was the USFL, the WFL (twice) the XFL, NFL Europe, the CFL, etc.

Then again, why do all Super Bowls count? Most of them were played with less than the 32 teams currently in the league. And what happens if they change the name to the SuperMegaWonder Bowl or other such nonsense?

This is the NFL. The story is about the NFL draft. The NFL says the Green Bay Packers have won 7 world championships playing out of Lambeau Field. I’ll take their word for it.

74. stellarperformance says:
    Jun 23, 2017 8:09 PM
    cheeseisfattening says:
    Jun 23, 2017 7:13 PM
    //////////////////////////////

————–
    That is terrible. At least nobody had their face sliced open with a box cutter. Typical.

75. fmc651 says:
    Jun 24, 2017 9:42 AM

______________________________________

This is typical of a young, misinformed Packers hater.
    The Packers have won 13 championships, more than any team. That is a fact and you can go check it out at Lambeau Field or the Pro Football Hall Of Fame.
    As for your statement that you can’t claim a world title without winning a playoff game — what are you talking about?????? Do you actually understand what you are writing?? Maybe you should get mom, dad, or one of your teachers to help you.

76. stellarperformance says:
    Jun 24, 2017 9:54 AM
    Only jealous Viking fans with frowny faces and arms crossed won’t admit it.
    —-
    This is a great example of Packers fans. They frequently pat themselves on the back and think all other fans think as much of them as they think of themselves and in reality mmm most other fan bases do not give Packer fans a second thought.

77. As usual, Cheesie, you’re wrong. Do you not ever get tired of making a fool of yourself? There have been many of the type of surveys mentioned by Stellar. They’ve been going on since pretty much the inception of the Internet and I honestly cannot remember any of them coming to a different conclusion.

That doesn’t mean it’s never happened, it just means that I can’t remember ever seeing one. You can go scour the Internet for one that shows otherwise, and you may even find one, but you’ll have to wade through dozens that say Packer fans are indeed the most liked and respected by other fan bases.

We take pride in being decent and respectful to others. It’s our upper Midwestern values. The same values shared by the fans of all four teams in the NFCN. Too bad those values were lost on you purples. Even worse that you purples chased all the actual Viking fans away from here with your foolishness.

78. 4sacroc says:
    Jun 23, 2017 10:02 AM
    kh221 says:
    Jun 23, 2017 8:45 AM

Aww, Green Bay is suffering from little man syndrome

============

13 World Championships.

Uhhh, no. Not suffering.

####################################
    ..and bragging about championships in the 40’s and 50’s is another reason people laugh at you . Not hard to win a championship back then. Heck even Detroit won those but lions fans do not brag about it.
    Thanks for the morning chuckle.

79. I usually do not respond to Cabbage any more because the last time I did I embarrassed him so baldy I had to come back the next day and apologize but after all these polls being mentioned I have to call out that the last poll I saw with Green Bay in it this past spring was from 24/7 Wall St., a Delaware-based financial news and opinion corporation who just rated Green Bay the drunkest city in America.

Hmmmmm, on the other hand maybe it would be crazy entertaining to have a live draft in Green Bay. 😛

80. Cheesie, the only thing you’ve ever embarrassed, other than yourself, would be the adult Viking fans that hung their heads in shame at your behavior as they quietly slid away.

You’re not even a good troll. You’re barely one step above Ariani/Cody.

81. The Packers absolutely own the Vikings, and have for the better part of two decades. That’s one of those things known as a fact. Anyone that doesn’t believe it is free to check for themselves. It’s all on record, in hundreds of outlets, for anyone and everyone to see.

What you kids are experiencing is a delusion. It exists nowhere, except in your heads.

82. They have owned the Vikings…recently. And I’m sure Viking fans (which I am not) don’t care for that too much

Fact still remains that CIF owns you. It’s all on these boards for anyone and everyone to see. Thinking he doesn’t makes you delusional.

83. 1st: I might be silly but I’m not a “purple”. But if it makes you feel better ripping on me by saying I’m a “purple”….. go ahead. We all know it’s all you packer fans got

2nd. 1990’s: Vikings 12-8. 2000’s: packers 12-9. 2010’s (recently):packers 11-3-1. So yes….recently.

As other people have said…..get over yourselves. You ain’t all that. You just think you are. Which is really sad

84. pkrh8tr says:
    Jun 25, 2017 11:21 PM

/////////////////////////////////

So you’re just a hater. You don’t stand for anything.

Aren’t there enough of those in the world already?

85. Hotel rooms? Real football fans would come in an RV to tailgate and take in greatest team, stadium, and party in sports

86. Awe Stella. I’m a little disappointed in you. Thought for sure you were going to say those won-loss records were fake news.

87. tylawspick6 says:
    Jun 23, 2017 9:30 AM
    tylawspick6 says:
    Jun 23, 2017 9:09 AM

12?

There are not 12 hotels in GB?

Maybe 5 MOTELS and 1 hotel. I’ve stayed at the 1 hotel.

They actually have about 20. You should be smart enough to utilize Google.

1 0

—————

____________

I suppose next you’re going to tell us that Foxborough is going to do the trick.

88. vikesfan says:
    Jun 23, 2017 11:24 AM

__________

In football speak,

Green Bay proper still includes Minneapolis…

Not that we want it to but nothing resembling a pro team there.

89. nhpats says:
    Jun 23, 2017 12:05 PM
    4sacroc says:
    Jun 23, 2017 10:02 AM
    kh221 says:
    Jun 23, 2017 8:45 AM

Aww, Green Bay is suffering from little man syndrome

============

13 World Championships.

Uhhh, no. Not suffering.

———-

___________

Just like most pats fans can’t name a starting QB besides Tom Brady. Did you have a team before the 80’s?

No one else remembers either…..

90. As for your statement that you can’t claim a world title without winning a playoff game — what are you talking about?????? Do you actually understand what you are writing?

Neal playoffs in the NFL started after the packers claimed “2 World Titles” I do know what I am talking about.Pathetic.

packers claimed “world Titles” in 1929 & 1930 without playing a playoff game.

91. Shanghai you have never been around gb packer fans either I can tell. If you had been you would understand why people are so quick to”poop” on them when given a chance. Have you bothered to read their comments on this site? You would think it was the packers that have won 5 sb in the last 17 years instead of 1.

92. In 1932, the first playoff game was played indoors at Chicago Stadium due to poor weather. The Bears won the league championship by beating the Portsmouth Spartans, 9-0.
    ))))))))))))

Actually it was 3 “World Titles ” without playing a playoff game. The packers claimed “World Titles” 1929.1930.1931.