Ahman Green arrested on child abuse charge

Getty Images

Former Packers running back Ahman Green has been arrested in Wisconsin after an allegation of child abuse.

Paul Srubas of the Green Bay Press-Gazette reports that the Brown County Sheriff’s Office confirmed that Green was arrested and taken to the county jail. Per the website for the jail, Green is charged with Child Abuse-Intentionally Cause Harm/Cruelty toward Child.

The authorities also said they are doing further investigation into the matter and did not provide any other details concerning the reasons for Green’s arrest.

Green played for the Packers from 2000-06 and returned to the team in 2009, which was also his final season in the NFL. Green, who also played for the Seahawks and Texans, remains the leading rusher in franchise history.

Permalink 70 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Green Bay Packers, Home, Rumor Mill
70 Responses to “Ahman Green arrested on child abuse charge”
  1. touchdownroddywhite says: Jun 26, 2017 11:59 AM

So the all-time leading rusher for both the Packers and the Vikings is a known child abuser? Guess those teams aren’t as different as their fans like to think

2. gbpackfan3 says: Jun 26, 2017 12:02 PM

noooooooooo!!!!!!!!! This hurts

3. amaf21 says: Jun 26, 2017 12:06 PM

Another fine Nebraska product.

4. svanablak says: Jun 26, 2017 12:08 PM

let’s hold judgement until facts are revealed. he may have just given the child a few whacks on the butt and somebody got mad. OR, it could be something more severe. let’s just wait!

5. contra74 says: Jun 26, 2017 12:13 PM

It’s going to be entertaining seeing all the packer fans who called for Petersons head try to get around this one.

6. kane337 says: Jun 26, 2017 12:16 PM

I hope the child is unharmed and is in good hands.

7. xlivsaints says: Jun 26, 2017 12:16 PM

Texan

8. Liberalsruineverything says: Jun 26, 2017 12:17 PM

I await the cheeser rants on child abuse and how Green should be thrown in prison for the rest of his life. I’m sure there won’t be one because they are mostly hypocrites.

9. tylawspick6 says: Jun 26, 2017 12:17 PM

Yes, but how much did GB know?

They HAD to have known he would do this!

10. 440Barracuda says: Jun 26, 2017 12:21 PM

Once a Packer, always a Packer.

When in Rome, do as the Romans do.

11. screamingyellowzonkers says: Jun 26, 2017 12:23 PM

Child abuse from a Packer?

No. Can’t be.

We employ rapists and drunks but never a child abuser.

12. widerightyouloseagain says: Jun 26, 2017 12:24 PM

*IF* he did this, he’ll get what’s coming to him in prison and he’ll deserve it all and more.

13. GenXJ says: Jun 26, 2017 12:25 PM

This opens up a whole new perspective (slap in the face) on cheesebay. Hypocrisy at its best.

14. mannyiac says: Jun 26, 2017 12:27 PM

Hopefully,this is unfounded.It takes a special kind of coward to abuse a child.

15. ariani1985 says: Jun 26, 2017 12:29 PM

the packer trolls just soiled their 5 day old briefs with this new!

16. pryrates2020 says: Jun 26, 2017 12:31 PM

omg, what are the packer fans going to say now lol

17. djvh2 says: Jun 26, 2017 12:31 PM

Packers fan here. If convicted and depending on what it is, of course he should get sentenced. The fans in GB are not ok with this type of behavior. If he was already employed, we would want that terminated. I realize other places deal with it by giving the player a big pay increase, but hopefully things are different here.

18. crik911 says: Jun 26, 2017 12:34 PM

I can’t believe I can just search for inmates like that. I thought for sure there would be a law prohibiting that.

19. RegisHawk says: Jun 26, 2017 12:38 PM

948.03(2)(b) is considered a Class H Felony.

20. SidFarkus says: Jun 26, 2017 12:39 PM

AP approves of this post

21. RegisHawk says: Jun 26, 2017 12:40 PM

Class H and I Felonies

Class H and I felonies are punishable by fines of up to $10,000, prison terms of up to six years (for class H) or three years and six months (for Class I); or both imprisonment and a fine. These are the least serious felony crimes in Wisconsin. (Wis. Stat. § 939.50.)
    Theft of property worth $5,000 to $10,000 is a Class H felony. For more information on theft penalties, see Wisconsin Petty Theft & Other Theft Laws.

22. factschecker says: Jun 26, 2017 12:43 PM

Thank god a child was abused so now I can get even with a meaningless internet argument with people that I don’t even know and will never meet.

Priorities.

23. ldbeachtecorion61 says: Jun 26, 2017 12:57 PM

I wonder if he will go on the Commissioners list and get banned for a season lol….

24. jimthebuilder27 says: Jun 26, 2017 1:00 PM

Packers fan here. This is sickening. If he’s guilty, throw the bum in jail!

Also long past time to cut Guion!

25. clemenza58 says: Jun 26, 2017 1:02 PM

Waiting on football being blamed for his inexcusable actions. Should be coming any minute now.

26. stc1993 says: Jun 26, 2017 1:04 PM

They must of took him out of the records. I went to the jail inmates for Brown Co WI.

It had no record found.

27. r8rsfan says: Jun 26, 2017 1:09 PM

Pretty sure if he did it, it wasn’t because he was a Green Bay Packer.
    Why is a franchise and fan base accountable for the behavior of a former employee?
    He’s a grown man and is singularly responsible for his actions.

28. contra74 says: Jun 26, 2017 1:15 PM

Its interesting to note that Ahman Green is in the Packers Hall of Fame.

I mean, what better examples to the Green Bay legacy with notable players such as Ahman Green right next to Mark Chmura.

If only Green Bay product Darren Sharper was in.

29. wafflestomp says: Jun 26, 2017 1:19 PM

If these allegations are true, I hope Green gets exactly what’s coming to him to the fullest extent the law allows.
    I just simply have absolutely no tolerance for men who commit violence against women or children.
    But, I will withhold judgment until all the facts come out though.

On a side note, if this is true, I definitely hope the Packers refuse to resign him and I certainly don’t want them to include a big fat raise with the deal.
    I also hope Packer fans can restrain themselves from cheering for him wildly, hoping that he comes back ready to play angry as if he was some sort of victim in all this.

30. allight59 says: Jun 26, 2017 1:28 PM

bad character from current and former Packers is sad, but hardly anything new….

31. RegisHawk says: Jun 26, 2017 1:33 PM

Uh, he’s 40 and retired a while ago.

In other news, he’s listed as being in Section Main, India block, Cell 129.

32. pkrlvr says: Jun 26, 2017 1:38 PM

———
    You do realize Green isn’t employed by the team right? He’s an ex packer. Big difference between that and giving a child abuser a RAISE to continue to play for the team. But then again, judging by the comments you guys aren’t smart enough to understand that, or smart enough to realize none of you should even touch this story.

33. pkrlvr says: Jun 26, 2017 1:40 PM

bad character from current and former Packers is sad, but hardly anything new….
    ——-
    Oblivious hypocrite says what?

34. purpleguy says: Jun 26, 2017 2:01 PM

I hate reading crap like this. I am kind of surprised he’s still in WI though.

35. nathanp2013 says: Jun 26, 2017 2:25 PM

touchdownroddywhite says:
    —————————–
    If I was an ATL fan… I don’t think I would be trolling any NFL franchises. 3 points – Mike Vick, Bobby Petrino, Superbowl Choke

36. frank booth says: Jun 26, 2017 2:41 PM

contra74 says:
    Jun 26, 2017 1:15 PM
    Its interesting to note that Ahman Green is in the Packers Hall of Fame.
    If only Green Bay product Darren Sharper was in.
    ==================================
    Darren Sharper is not a product of Green Bay- he’s from Richmond, Virginia. Just as the Packers chose to employ him, your Minnesota Vikings did as well. I suppose that the Packers should have foreseen that Ahman Green would be accused of child abuse 8 years after he last played for them- What were they thinking?

37. filthymcnasty3 says: Jun 26, 2017 2:44 PM

The Packers are an honorable organization, and will not be giving Ahman Green more money because of this.

38. h0metownzero says: Jun 26, 2017 3:06 PM

I think Ahman is about to find out that Green Bay does not tolerate this sort of behavior the way lesser teams do.

39. rrhoe says: Jun 26, 2017 3:09 PM

@wafflestomp: What part of former player did you not get.

40. mnrasslinggovjesse says: Jun 26, 2017 4:50 PM

Lots of Heidi gloating about GB fans trying to justify his behavior.
    Not much of GB fans trying to do that, however.

41. contra74 says: Jun 26, 2017 5:48 PM

mnrasslinggovjesse says:
    Jun 26, 2017 4:50 PM
    Lots of Heidi gloating about GB fans trying to justify his behavior.
    Not much of GB fans trying to do that, however.
    —-
    Not a single Vikings fan is gloating about GB fans trying to justify his behavior.

We are gloating about the fact that this happened to one of your own hero’s while you were out calling for the head of one of ours all while waving a banner of self righteousness.

42. azcardinal32 says: Jun 26, 2017 6:36 PM

Since Retiring, Ahman has become a substitute teacher in Green Bay. Possible scenario: a P.O.S. parent is looking for a payday from a former NFL player…

Reserve judgement until all facts are known… My goodness.

43. whatjusthapped says: Jun 26, 2017 7:07 PM

I think I’ll wait till the facts come in, he has yet to even be charged yet. Still, I didn’t read anything about a hospital report of the child bleeding from the scrotum so the Viking trolls have nothing to brag about.

If he is charged and convicted (Peterson was both), I’m sure the Packers would have cut him and the last thing they would do is give the guy a pay raise.

44. wafflestomp says: Jun 26, 2017 7:19 PM

This is a bit odd.
    I guess I just don’t see the hypocrisy the Barneys are whining about.
    I’m actually kind of curious if they even understand the meaning of the word.

I haven’t seen a single Packer fan praising Green for what he’s been charged with.
    Nobody has called it a simple case of tough parenting, nor have they been calling for his immediate release.

I’ll guarantee you won’t find thousands of fans wearing his jersey at Lambeau, the way you’ll find all the Peterson apparel at Avian Deathtrap Stadium.

What’s truly sad and pathetic is the fact the Barneys still don’t feel Peterson did anything wrong.
    He’s still their hero.
    And they seem almost giddy about the fact that another child was abused so they can participate in some kind of Internet skirmish that validates their existence.

45. stellarperformance says: Jun 26, 2017 8:04 PM

He slapped a snotty 15 year old daughter for acting up, uncontrollably.

Lock me up.

46. lambeaudungbarn says: Jun 26, 2017 9:03 PM

It must be a Nebraska thing, Lawrence Phillips, Green, Rozier.. Suh..
    I believe of being aggressive but SHEESH!

47. stellarperformance says: Jun 26, 2017 9:50 PM

contra74 says:
    Jun 26, 2017 5:48 PM
    ///////////////////////////////////////////

Nobody was waving any self-righteous flags. We were calling for the head of Peterson.

Here’s the point you’re missing:

Why weren’t YOU calling for the head of Peterson?

48. pkrh8tr says: Jun 26, 2017 11:03 PM

mnrasslinggovjesse says:
    Jun 26, 2017 4:50 PM
    Lots of Heidi gloating about GB fans trying to justify his behavior.
    Not much of GB fans trying to do that, however.
    —–
    wafflestomp says:
    Jun 26, 2017 7:19 PM
    This is a bit odd.

—–
    —–
    stellarperformance says:
    Jun 26, 2017 8:04 PM
    He slapped a snotty 15 year old daughter for acting up, uncontrollably.

49. finchy74 says: Jun 27, 2017 12:38 AM

If this isn’t karma, I don’t know what is.

50. norrismen17 says: Jun 27, 2017 8:17 AM

Evidently Green’s mother failed to tell him that you’re never supposed to punch a kid with glasses.

However, he did set her 15yr old ass straight. Good job, Ahman. Packer nation is so proud of you. As the all time leading rusher you will still be inducted into the ring of honor at Lambeau, guaranteed. Do not even think twice.

51. norrismen17 says: Jun 27, 2017 8:22 AM

stellarperformance says:
    Jun 26, 2017 8:04 PM

He slapped a snotty 15 year old daughter for acting up, uncontrollably.

Lock me up.
    ——————————————-
    There you have it from one of the leading Packer trolls on this board. It seems child abuse for the all time leading rusher for the Packer’s is not a problem. It was just a few scrapes and a black eye. She can take a punch right?

52. norrismen17 says: Jun 27, 2017 10:38 AM

He should have taken away her IPhone like a normal parent.

53. h0metownzero says: Jun 27, 2017 1:29 PM

I would not be so quick to judge.

Maybe the kid was a Viking fan.

54. contra74 says: Jun 27, 2017 1:56 PM

stellarperformance says:
    Jun 26, 2017 9:50 PM
    contra74 says:
    Jun 26, 2017 5:48 PM
    ///////////////////////////////////////////

Here’s the point you’re missing:

Why weren’t YOU calling for the head of Peterson?

—-
    Don’t turn this around on the Vikings fans.

This is a packer mess and we are glad it is

55. cheeseisfattening says: Jun 27, 2017 2:08 PM

Packer fans who were sanctimonious about Peterson and now blaming a 15 year old girl for getting thrown around and “slapped upside her head” because she was “snotty”. They are saying this is her fault. Why, because the man hitting the teen girl in the face was an ex-Packer?

I always said Packer fans were full of it with their sanctimony just like they are full themselves. This just proves it.

56. stellarperformance says: Jun 27, 2017 5:11 PM

contra74 says:
    Jun 27, 2017 1:56 PM
    This is a packer mess and we are glad it is
    ///////////////////////////

How so?

57. stellarperformance says: Jun 27, 2017 5:18 PM

The usual suspect Viking trolls think they’ve got it all figured out, including us. They’re stalking haters. They’ll spin it any way they can to feel good about themselves.

58. bigdaddyrockytop says: Jun 27, 2017 5:30 PM

From what I read he pushed his 16 year old daughter into a cabinet and hit her in the face. Teenagers can be as annoying as Vikings fans but no need to hit your child in the face especially a daughter. If guilty throw the book at him. I do find it ironic that Vikings fans consider a player thats been out of the league for years the same as a current player. Cant fix stupid.

59. aygeeswhippingstick says: Jun 27, 2017 8:23 PM

Huh, weird.

60. igocommando says: Jun 30, 2017 4:37 PM

Take it easy stellar, no need to have a stroke over something out of your control. There’s also no need to blame the kid either.

61. igocommando says: Jul 1, 2017 10:01 AM

Seriously though, I hope he gets the help he needs.

62. igocommando says: Jul 2, 2017 11:07 AM

After a lengthy stay in prison of course.

63. igocommando says: Jul 2, 2017 8:52 PM

It’s hard to believe green is the best rb in packer history.

64. igocommando says: Jul 2, 2017 8:53 PM

It’s surprising that ah man still resides in Wisconsin.

65. igocommando says: Jul 2, 2017 8:56 PM

I’m hoping that one day gb fans ca loom up to their greatest rb and celebrate his glory in the field.

66. igocommando says: Jul 2, 2017 8:56 PM

Instead of his antics off the field.

67. igocommando says: Jul 2, 2017 8:58 PM

You know, because the off field drama is just sad.

68. igocommando says: Jul 3, 2017 12:46 AM

I’m sure we can all agree that this kind of behavior should not go unpunished.

69. igocommando says: Jul 3, 2017 12:48 AM

There are always 2 sides to every story. I hope the whole family learns from this.

70. igocommando says: Jul 3, 2017 12:50 AM

Very sad to hear about this kind of behavior.