Letroy Guion to cops: “I know I’m drunk”

Getty Images

When in trouble with the law, anything you say can and will be used against you. Including, for an example, an admission of inebriation.

I know I’m drunk,” Packers defensive lineman Letroy Guion told police in Hawaii on June 21, according to police records obtained by the Associated Press.

Guion has been suspended for the first four games of the 2017 season for a PED violation. He was suspended for the first three games of the 2015 season for a violation of the substance-abuse policy. He’s facing a minimum suspension of two games for the latest incident.

70 responses to “Letroy Guion to cops: “I know I’m drunk”

1. Most breath testing machines have an acceptable margin of error of .005, which would put his BAC at .001 over, which is insignificant. Moreover, if only 1 breath test was taken it’s impossible to know his BAC at the time of operation. It could have been higher or lower depending upon whether he was in the absorption phase or elimination phase. Only 1 test will always leave us guessing. What is needed are 2 tests at least 30 minutes apart while he was under constant surveillance to eliminate residual mouth alcohol.

2. I would venture to guess he was extra forthcoming about alcohol because he probably had something else in his system that he was trying to hide….or he’s just really stupid and can’t handle his booze….. a 0.086 and acting like that is weak!

—–
    If you want to be accepted in WI you have to drink their version of the hard stuff. I know, I know…Milwaukee’s Best isnt for everyone but you need to fit in!

4. Drinking hard liquor “all night” and you only register a 0.086? Maybe dude had other stuff in his system that was effecting him…Either way something about this story seems off.

5. “His blood-alcohol concentration was measured at 0.086 percent, 0.006 percent above the legal limit. The measurement came roughly an hour after his arrest, which suggests it was higher at the time he was stopped.”

No, it doesn’t. When they stopped him, it could’ve been .005 because he’d just slammed the drinks beforehand, but the wait allowed the alcohol to soak into his blood stream.

I thought you were a lawyer.

6. The alcohol limits are stupid and far too low. People can handle different amounts. I can fully guarantee that I can drive better at .009 than the majority of people I see driving everyday (especially looking at you Asians here in Seattle). Guion should have kept his mouth shut. His levels would be easy to beat for any decent attorney.

7. I’ll be shocked if he isn’t released soon. I suspect the Pack will give anyone a second chance with them, but they cut better players than him before that have tested that.

As a slightly above average journeyman, he did a good job for them on the field. Wish him well in the future, but I highly doubt it will be in GB

8. ariani1985 says:
    Jun 29, 2017 10:33 PM
    just think last week he was the traditionaly horrible packers best player! then again so would be a dart lawn!

________________________________________

Listen, you really must pay more attention to your teacher when she or he is teaching English. Spelling seems to be one area you are very weak in and you also need help with your thought process.
    Calling the Packers “traditionaly (sic) horrible” is beyond ridiculous. If they are “traditionaly (sic) horrible”, how is it that they have won more championships than any other team in the history of the NFL and continue to dominate the NFCN year after year? And, aside from the Patriots, no one has made the playoffs more each year than the Packers over the last 8 years.
    Jealousy is an emotion that brings out the worst in people, case in point — you.
    In case you have forgotten, the Packers have won 13 championships including 4 Super Bowls. How many have the Vikings, Lions and Bears won? I’ll wait for your answer.

9. contra74isloosebutthole says:
    Jun 29, 2017 11:07 PM
    _______________________________________

Many drunk people have left bars thinking as you do and killed other people or themselves on their way home.
    Guion is obviously addicted to drugs and/or alcohol and he better get help or he’s going to be one of those statistics we read about all the time.
    If the Packers don’t cut him now, they are only enabling him to continue to do this stupid stuff he does.

10. I love the piling on of the Packers here by fans of other teams who act as if they never had a player arrested for suspicion of DUI or anything else. Whatever team you pull for, the reality is that at some point, one of the guys on your team will be someone arrested for something. Let’s all just be thankful he didn’t hurt someone. As a Packers fan, it’s time for the Packers to put this guy on reserve non-football list to get help or cut him.

11. @ aballinhighgrass…..

If there is an acceptable margin of error of .005, that would be a plus/minus acceptable error….meanung he could have been .0910 just as easily as .0810. Either way, it’s over the limit and he admitted it. No point in arguing it as a defenae.

12. Drunk driving is nothing to smirk about. But his arrest ONE YEAR AGO with a pound of marijuana(and drinking) caught me off guard. Everyone from the prosecutors to the judge etc. mostly went easy on him.
    If Joe or Jane Sixpack got caught with a pound it’s orange jumpsuit time.
    Now he’s drunk driving again.
    Letroy is an effective player, which is why he’s still around. But like the Vikings did, I think the Packers should move on since they have options on their roster.

13. “I’ve been drinking Hennessy all night,” Guion told police. “I don’t drink any of that weak stuff, only the hard stuff.”
    ======================================

Wow, you’re a real man. Lightweight can’t handle your alcohol.

14. Bit of a humble brag there Guion–drinking Hennessy and only blowing out a .086? seems rather weak to me, drinking the hard stuff? at least blow out a .10 or higher (this entire post is sarcasm btw)

15. “I’ve been drinking Hennessy all night,” Guion told police. “I don’t drink any of that weak stuff, only the hard stuff.”

And apparently it’s killed too many brain cells, you friggin idiot.

16. Should I comment like all the Packer trolls when something happens with a Vikings player? “Oh look, another Packer player arrested.” Something happens to them when they put that Jersey, they just go crazy.

17. sportoficionado says:
    Jun 30, 2017 7:59 AM

0 0

————–

He’s a tool. I could probably drink this tool under the table.

18. not defending the guy. but he knows hes drunk? .086 is very close to be able to drive. but hes honest. so good for him. i would never think .086 would be drunk. but he’ll serve his penalty and hopefully learn a lesson

19. I am a Vikings fan and I don’t blame the Packers for signing him. He is a talented football player but something wasn’t working in Mn and now we know what it is. But the problem isn’t a Packers or Vikings problem. This is a young man with a problem that he isn’t able to control and he needs help. After this many suspensions and events, the odds are low and we should feel bad for him not throw stones at franchises. Every team has someone with a problem and their skill on the field creates a situation where people enable it and cover it up until it ruins thier life.

20. packerfanwi1028 says:
    Jun 30, 2017 7:24 AM

Just get rid of him, he’s a embarrassment to the Green bay Packers
    ===============

An embarrassment to the NFL, too.

21. How long will the Packers hold on to this schmuck? That’s the difference between the Packers and a good organization(Patriots). This guy would have been gone immediately with the Patriots. The Packers are so short of talent they put up with this kind of stuff.

22. The problem is that he forgot where he was. “I know I’m drunk” is the code phrase to activate the catch and release program in Wisconsin. He’s used to that phrase getting him a nice police escort home.

You can imagine his surprise when he was taken to jail in Hawaii.

23. Report comment
    ragnarthegreat says:

Jun 30, 2017 9:11 AM

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Very well said.

24. Let’s put that into words that Packer fans can understand.

Guion: “I know I’m drunk, but I am employed by the most protected franchise in the history of sports, so no discipline will come down on me”

Packer fans: ” See, he didn’t do anything”

You have to dumb things down for GB fans.

25. The Packers are a protected franchise.

They have no owner, but they have tons of power.

It’s why Clay Matthews and Peppers were also protected in the Guyer Institute PED ring that Gomer initiated to cheat the game.

I called it. No way Matthews and Peppers would get nailed if Gomer was protected as well. Same source.

26. ad28bestever says:
    Jun 30, 2017 10:19 AM

Let’s put that into words that Packer fans can understand.

Packer fans: ” See, he didn’t do anything”

You have to dumb things down for GB fans.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Says the guy that idolizes Adrian Peterson… and clearly doesn’t understand “irony.”

27. Aren’t these Packer-hating stalker-troll comments the same we yawned through ten days ago when this incident occurred?

When any Packer story gets posted, the simultaneous auto-notifications cause power outages in Minnesota.

28. I said it before on the thread with Floyd and I will day it here with Guion; Teams cannot control a players actions.
    This is his third strike, dump him.

People ripping a team for what a player does is ridiculous and childish.

29. Hennessy is the choice for rappers trying to look “classy”. Honestly, who drinks cognac in a club other than rappers or hip hop dudes? It’s for people who don’t know liquor but think that just because it’s really expensive that it must be better.

30. sainttimbo says:
    Jun 29, 2017 10:55 PM

I thought you were a lawyer.
    _________

The quote says it “suggests it was higher at the time he was stopped.” What scenario do you think is more likely?

31. artvan15 says:
    Jun 30, 2017 9:14 AM

______

Although I agree that the Packers are short on talent and are not a good organization, didn’t the Patriots pick up Michael Floyd after he registered a .217?

32. “I know I’m drunk”

And I bet he does not condone hitting 15 year old girls in the face because they are being “snotty”.
    ———-
    Sounds like Letroy could teach Packer fans a thing or two.

33. Cheesey just can’t quit me. I’m either flattered or cautious. You never know with stalker-haters.

34. stellarperformance says:
    Jun 30, 2017 11:11 AM
    ————
    I almost missed this. This guy comments on EVERY Viking story (lies about it being reactive posting) and then whines about Viking trolls when Packer fans get destroyed in the comments of a Packer story. SMH.

35. cheeseisfattening says:
    Jul 2, 2017 2:42 PM
    //////////////////////////////////////////

See? Cheesey just can’t quit me.

He’s been taken to school on this site by me and others so many times he’s become a Valedictorian of Stalker-Haters. He only shows up to hate. That’s it.

He has no choice. That’s all he has. The Vikings haven’t provided him with any football-related bragging rights on any level whatsoever, so he only has insults and putdowns. He thinks fat-shaming is admirable. That’s his “thing,” his “schtick.”