Marshawn Lynch’s latest: Free waterpark tickets for kids

Getty Images

Marshawn Lynch isn’t just making sure kids look good. He wants them to have fun too.

Via Daniel Mano of the Bay Area News Group, Lynch’s latest goodwill gesture was to give away 2,000 free tickets to a local waterpark to kids who showed up at his Beast Mode Apparel store.

“Come get urs!!!! Yes Lawd!!!!” he wrote on Twitter announcing the donation.

While the image of Lynch hurtling down a waterslide is amusing enough to think about, he’s made serious strides in his hometown since the Raiders acquired him.

He recently promised free haircuts to kids with good report cards, the latest in a series of gestures big and small.

Oakland is going to lose the Raiders one day, but they’ll always have Lynch. And to be honest, that might be just as much fun.

Permalink 25 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Home, Oakland Raiders, Rumor Mill
25 Responses to “Marshawn Lynch’s latest: Free waterpark tickets for kids”
  1. breadmeatcheese says: Jun 29, 2017 7:15 AM

yes but russell wilson gets to go first.

2. jimmysee says: Jun 29, 2017 7:19 AM

He seems comfortable there. Maybe you CAN go home again.

3. mykelane says: Jun 29, 2017 7:42 AM

He’s always been giving back to the community. Just look up the video of him talking to Sherman on the sidelines about being “Nino Brown” (from New Jack City) giving away free turkeys.

4. nhpats says: Jun 29, 2017 8:11 AM

Kudos to Lynch

5. The Almighty Cabbage says: Jun 29, 2017 8:23 AM

Is it also Lynch that has never spent a dime of his NFL earnings, living off endorsements money only, or is that Richard Sherman? I know I recently read where someone else was doing just that but I believe the first one I ever read about was a Seahawk.

Either way, this cat seems like a class act.

6. floridaslonechargersfan says: Jun 29, 2017 8:53 AM

Can you imagine Skittles doing his patented crouch-grab as he shoots out of a high speed waterslide into the pool?

7. honkeyt says: Jun 29, 2017 8:55 AM

I love how Marshawn crushes stereotypes and perceptions. Proud to call you a Raiders, Beast.

8. raiderrob21 says: Jun 29, 2017 9:14 AM

Hes been doing many things like this in the community here in the Bay for years, it is only now being publicized.

RAIDER NATION!!!

9. billswillnevermove says: Jun 29, 2017 9:36 AM

How about free health care for life for the lady you ran over in the street years ago and just drove away.

10. angrydave38 says: Jun 29, 2017 9:45 AM

I used to think he was a real jerk when he was in Buffalo (he has done some stupid stuff) but the media just likes to promote negative stereotypes because it gets people riled up. He is probably misunderstood just like Randy Moss always was. Usually the good things they do off the field never get noticed.

11. boknowsvt says: Jun 29, 2017 9:46 AM

It’s so nice to read stories about football players on this site instead of former college football greats who are toiling in a minor league baseball system.

12. bobthebillsfan says: Jun 29, 2017 9:51 AM

His first 2 years with the Bill’s were 1000+ yard efforts. His third year was marred by a Goodell suspension for an off season guilty plea to a misdemeanor weapons charge. He was replaced by Fred Jackson and traded to Seattle in his 4th season. I was happy to see him succeed in Seattle and wish him well in Oakland. My guess is he will retire again when they move to LV.

13. nyneal says: Jun 29, 2017 9:55 AM

Good gesture by Lynch. I’ve never been a fan of his and won’t forget why he got himself shipped out of Buffalo, but you have to tip your hat to him for this gesture.

14. fhvned says: Jun 29, 2017 10:04 AM

“Is it also Lynch that has never spent a dime of his NFL earnings, living off endorsements money only, or is that Richard Sherman? I know I recently read where someone else was doing just that but I believe the first one I ever read about was a Seahawk…”

I believe you’re talking about the Pat’s Gronk.

15. fmc651 says: Jun 29, 2017 10:09 AM

You have to love Marshawn Lynch. I hope he tears it up this season.

16. charliecharger says: Jun 29, 2017 10:33 AM

Walter Payton Man of the Year! He reminds me of Walter both on and off the field.

17. greggallmansliver says: Jun 29, 2017 10:43 AM

Great example, hope more players follow suit.

18. patsfan4lifesbchamps says: Jun 29, 2017 10:58 AM

How about free swimming lessons for kids while you’re at it Marshawn?

19. 700levelvet says: Jun 29, 2017 11:00 AM

In the end… Lynch is a businessman, a very very smart businessman…

20. sn19 says: Jun 29, 2017 11:01 AM

Every time I read about this guy, I like him more.

21. aarons444 says: Jun 29, 2017 12:16 PM

What did Seattle do to screw this up?

22. daneraider1 says: Jun 29, 2017 12:25 PM

Imagine your team is awesome, truly one of the all time franchises. Then they slowly start sucking for a decade or so only to rebound and lose in the Superbowl.
    Then the are terrible, truly one of the all time worst. Then they make a comeback and not only that, but they are lead by men of character. It’s great. I’ll give browns and bills and charger fans this. You can truly appreciate the great when you’ve been the bad.

23. fakebookfreddy says: Jun 29, 2017 4:09 PM

The kids quickly sold the coupons to the Oakland homeless who turned them in for liquor discounts

24. billswillnevermove says: Jun 29, 2017 4:11 PM

charliecharger says:
    Jun 29, 2017 10:33 AM

__________________________________
    That post made me laugh out loud. Lynch is not even in the same class as Walter Payton. Not one single inch.

25. pacnwsailor says: Jun 29, 2017 4:48 PM

It’s Lynch who never spent his NFL salary but lived off of his endorsements….Funny here in Seattle, we noticed that every time the NFL would fine him he would due a local TV commercial for a plumber…

Seattle always knew there was one team that could pull him out of Retirement…Marshawn Lynch would do anything for his hometown of Oakland