Demaryius Thomas is feeling young again

Getty Images

The 30th birthday isn’t the same kind of omen for wide receivers as it has traditionally been for running backs. But Demaryius Thomas said he’s feeling young again.

In an interview/staff meeting with the Broncos’ official website, Thomas said he’s beyond the hip pain that has bothered him throughout last season, and is ready to keep producing.

I got longer than 30 [years],” Thomas said. “I think I’ve got a couple good years [left]. Like I’ve been saying before, this is the best I’ve felt my whole career. I haven’t had the problems I usually have with my hip, because that was one of the things that held me back.

“I wake up now and I don’t feel it, and that’s a good sign, because usually I wake up in the morning and I’m like, ‘OK, my hip’s tight. I’ve got to loosen it up to get it going.’ But now it’s totally different.”

Even though he wasn’t 100 percent last year, he’s continued to perform at a high level. He’s started 90 straight games for the Broncos, and he’s topped 1,000 yards each of the last five seasons.

Of course, the question of who will throw it to him remains open, though he was giving second-year quarterback Paxton Lynch high marks during OTAs and minicamp.

Permalink 6 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Denver Broncos, Home, Rumor Mill
6 Responses to “Demaryius Thomas is feeling young again”
  1. winningisabrees says: Jul 10, 2017 9:36 AM

Dang, Time Flys Yo.

2. thrifty says: Jul 10, 2017 9:47 AM

He needs to worry about his hands as well. His drop rate puts him in the top 5 four of the past five seasons.

3. windham9 says: Jul 10, 2017 11:09 AM

If he had a top QB throwing to him, he could still be really good.

4. jsavage58 says: Jul 10, 2017 11:23 AM

Every player who has ever said this fell off the player productivity cliff almost immediately.

5. silvernblacksabbath says: Jul 10, 2017 11:34 AM

Sounds like he’s been in Peyton’s HGH stash 😛

6. armoderate says: Jul 10, 2017 12:10 PM

Sure sounds like the guaranteed part of Thomas’s contract is ready to expire. Thomas always seems to get the yards, but after he received that huge contract he has disappeared in “money” situations. When is the last time Thomas took over a game? I hope this time he translates this latest optimistic self assessment into some game winning catches. Sanders has become the go to guy and it’s about time Thomas takes back that role.