New Orleans company has a billboard planned for the new Falcons stadium

The Falcons will be opening a new stadium this month. And a New Orleans business plans to rain on the retractable-roof parade.

Via the New Orleans Advocate, a T-shirt company known as Dirty Coast Press has been raising money for a pair of billboards pointing out that the Falcons led Super Bowl LI late in the third quarter, 28-3.

The goal was to raise $2,000 for the billboards, and the company apparently has hit it. One will be posted in Atlanta and one will appear in New Orleans. The design will be based on one of the T-shirts sold by the company.

Although we respect a solid exercise in trolling, it’s odd that Dirty Coast Press didn’t simply plunk down the $2,000 and call it a marketing expense. The mere fact that they can’t or won’t spend the money to ultimately advertise their product (or raise the $2,000 by, you know, getting people to buy the T-shirt) suggests that Dirty Coast Press may know more about T-shirts than it does about business.

Then again, it worked. So maybe they’re geniuses.

31 responses to “New Orleans company has a billboard planned for the new Falcons stadium

1. getting others to cover their expense sounds genious. Why pay when others will ala tac payers and NFL stadiums.

2. Wait a minute
    11-5 vs 7-9
    45-32 & 38-32
    1st Place finish vs. 3rd place against a division rival.
    NFC Championship vs not making the playoffs.
    Played in the Super Bowl vs. watched it on TV.
    Sure blowing the 28-3 lead is not a glorious accomplishment, but that was against the Patriots, not the Saints.
    Is the claim here the Saints fans would rather come in 3rd and under .500 then lose in the Super Bowl?

3. Michael LaRocca, Technical Editor says:
    August 5, 2017 at 5:09 pm
    Let me answer my own question. My Panthers have lost two, the Falcons have lost two, the Bucs have won one, and the Saints have stayed home with bags over their heads. Hello NFC South.
    ————————

Allow me to answer it accurately. The Saints have played in a SB and unlike your Panthers they won it. To bad you can’t save yourself with a clever edit on that but perhaps you can find one of those bags.

4. I didn’t watch the game because I couldn’t bare to watch another super bowl go to New England. I kept totally away from it and to think I could have had a peek to see how it was going and saw that score I would have been encouraged to watch it. Glad I didn’t but knowing how it panned out still makes me sick. Lol

5. You people are acting like the Saint’s organization is doing this. Just a bunch of crazy fans. I think it is kinda funny.

6. How clueless are posters on PFT? I see multiple people saying the Saints never won a Super Bowl…They won the Super Bowl on February 7, 2010 over the Colts by a score of 31-17. That was only a touch over 7 years ago. Anyone over the age of 19 should remember that. Hell! I’m not a Saints fan and I knew that. Anybody here actually know anything about football?

7. suchapaindude says:
    August 5, 2017 at 4:44 pm
    Wait a minute
    11-5 vs 7-9
    45-32 & 38-32
    1st Place finish vs. 3rd place against a division rival.
    NFC Championship vs not making the playoffs.
    Played in the Super Bowl vs. watched it on TV.

_________________________________

Claim is the Superbowl 44 WIN and a ring on our finger and a Vince Lombardi trophy.
    How many Superbowl Wins, Superbowl Rings and Vince Lombardi Ttrophy’s do the Fal-Cants have??? Hmmmmmm… That right ZERO!!!!!!!!!!

8. I would gladly go 3rd in the division than perform the biggest choke job in the largest game of the year and lose it while never actually being behind for the entire game. 28-3 LOL!

9. I have a conspiracy that Tom Brady and Bill Belichick were bored with how easy it is to win, so just like I used to do when I got too good at Madden against the computer opponent, I’d allow them a big lead and then try to make a miraculous comeback, just to make it interesting again.

10. Have absolutely nothing vesting in either team, but hopefully they do a better job than the 49ers did with their failed billboard that wasn’t anywhere near the CLink or even the practice facility in WA.

11. Michael LaRocca, Technical Editor says:
    August 5, 2017 at 5:09 pm

———–

And you claim to be a technical editor?

Major lols breaux

12. Biggest choke in NFL history. For that, two last second field goals and one idiot play call, Brady was given an extra four rings.

13. actually the ingeniousness was the whole campaign with the billboards. I had never heard of them, nor their t-shirts. But every news outlet in the US told it’s audience about them trying to raise money for the billboards. That was free advertisement. genius.

14. It was a strange game. The Falcons scored on so few plays the New England defense didn’t spend a lot of time on the field. Even when the Pats didn’t score they were runnibg a lot of plays — a record 91 by gane’s end. The Falcin D got gassed. It’s as if the Falcons were punished for their own success, like in the beginning of a Pacheesi game.

15. suchapaindude says:
    August 5, 2017 at 4:44 pm
    Wait a minute
    11-5 vs 7-9
    45-32 & 38-32
    1st Place finish vs. 3rd place against a division rival.
    NFC Championship vs not making the playoffs.
    Played in the Super Bowl vs. watched it on TV.

_________________________________

————

Actually that would be a viable claim if the billboard actually referenced the Saints win.
    But it only references what happened last year, and celebrates what New England did.

16. abninf says:
    August 5, 2017 at 8:16 pm

——————-_

This comment assumes the Superbowl, really only small parts if it, are the only football played all year.

You have to play a 16 game schedule to make the playoofs, then win your way through the playoffs, then win a superbowl to get a ring. Its quite an accomplishment. There has never been gifted a ring in the history of the sport.

Atlanta played a 16 game schedule to make the playoffs, won their way through the playoffs, and finished ahead of 30 other teams. They are not losers to be ridiculed. Ridicule your own team that finished behind the if you feel that need.

17. NE fans don’t have a team in their division where this stuff would be any fun. NE is very competitive, but the division is meh. NFCS is a dogfight nearly every year.

18. NE fans don’t have a team in their division where this stuff would be any fun. NE is very competitive, but the division is meh.
    ——————–
    Facts can be stubborn things: 1. Pats’ record even better against NFC and NFC South specifically than it is against AFC East. But I wouldn’t call NFC South a weak division with Brees and Ryan there
    2. ANY division Belichick is in is going to have a lot of losses.

19. fishyinalittledishy says:
    August 5, 2017 at 6:22 pm

So what DID you watch that evening? What I watched was quite entertaining.