Robert Kraft gives Donald Trump a Super Bowl ring

Getty Images

Once upon a time, Vladimir Putin decided to walk away with one of Robert Kraft’s Super Bowl rings. Donald Trump didn’t have to be so bold.

Via Tom Curran of CSN New England, Kraft gave Trump a Super Bowl LI ring, commemorating the Patriots victory over the Falcons.

But it wasn’t Kraft’s ring. Instead, it was an extra ring that was presented because the Patriots were the first championship team to visit the White House since Trump became the 45th President of the United States.

Curran’s report clarifies a suggestion from THE MOOCH that Kraft give his own ring to Trump.

91 responses to “Robert Kraft gives Donald Trump a Super Bowl ring

1. Going to the White House after winning a national championship is a tradition and an honor. I have disliked and disagreed with the policies of several presidents. But if I was given the opportunity to visit the White House as a sports champion, I would go regardless of how I felt about the occupant at the time.

2. pats fan, 35 years, ssason tickets in my extended family since ’78, love kraft and everything he has done, but i would be lying if this relationship
    with such a despicable human being and how he straddles the fence
    with another one (goodell), did not turn my stomach..

of a human being like trump

3. I can see following tradition and visiting the White House but to give Trump a Super Bolw ring makes me lose all respect for Kraft. The man is an embarrassment to the country every time he opens his mouth. What did Trump do to deserve this honor?

4. tylawspick6 says:
    August 21, 2017 at 7:51 pm
    ——————–

5. This is nuts. Part of me feels the president should be honerimg the champs while the other part of me realizes the champs only won a game.

6. dadindebt6 says:

August 21, 2017 at 7:50 pm

____________________________

Agreed… Until we ended up with a ‘President’ like Trump.

7. Life long Patriots fan. This is hard to stomach. I am fine respecting the office, but to support this this president’s policies, behavior and constant lying is beyond me. Keraft doesn’t owe an explanation for his support, but man I’d love to know what quality in 45 does BK admire?

8. Cowboys fan here and not a fan of any politician but Robert Kraft is a stand up guy and a classy man it’s hard not to like that guy

9. Would you snowflakes give it up already. I didn’t vote. He’s the president for the next 4 years. Why don’t you lefts practice what you preach. Unless it’s inconvient. Just sayin.

10. Everyone sure talks about how they hate politics in football but I see a lot of people jumping at the opportunity to give there political views on this one.

11. Lying doesn’t seem to bother you all that much. Nor does calling others a liar when you are wrong and not apologizing for it. You have all the makings of a pol yourself

42 37 Rate This
    jxt2521 says:

——

hmm

no idea what you are talking about,
    but yes, goodell is a pathological liar and so is trump

and ratings dropped 12% last year which isna documented fact

since the tv money is where the owners add profit and split it evenly,
    yes, total revenue was affected as compared to the year before

this is not lying at all

12. Sometime this winter Trump will regale us all with stories of how he, believe me, won that Super Bowl with just a little help from Brady and the rest of them. It was YUGE!

13. Wouldn’t it be nice if a friend could do something cool for a friend?

Wouldn’t it be nice if EVERYTHING wasn’t political?

14. Hmmm, does this become national property like any other valuable item gifted to the POTUS? If so, then I’d like to wear my new ring next Friday.

15. I’m a Skins fan and I’m tired of the Pats always winning but i have to admit BB is one heck of a coach and TB is the GOAT. Kraft is hilarious with his drunken victory speeches.

16. Voted Republican all my life, love Belichick and Brady. Hillary absolutely turns my stomach. BUT: Trump is an ignoramus and is doing everything possible to help dems cause a train wreck. Kraft should treat him like kryptonite.

17. I didn’t vote for Trump, but he and Kraft have been friends for years. In a recent interview, Kraft stated that after his wife died, Trump called him up at least once a week (to see how he was doing) for a year. Donald was a friend to him during a difficult time. Kraft appreciated it.

18. Tee hee 🙂 Look at Patriot Hater thinking their puny little weakling team and their inferior fans will ever be at OUR level 🙂

Not just hilarious but adorable too! Kind of like the puny little weakling mouse squeaking that they can hang with the Rottweiler next door!

🙂

19. “dadindebt6 says: August 21, 2017 at 7:50 pm Going to the White House after winning a national championship is a tradition and an honor. I have disliked and disagreed with the policies of several presidents. But if I was given the opportunity to visit the White House as a sports champion, I would go regardless of how I felt about the occupant at the time.”

That’s sorta-kinda how I feel about it. You have to respect the office even if you don’t respect the prez. And how many people get to go to the White House anyway? Not to mention that they probably have a world class buffet and all kinds of cool soft drinks. Jeez.

20. Did you guys see the Vince Lombardi Trophy presentation when Kraft snatched the trophy from Goodell? That was funny. Or the SBMVP presentation Brady gave Goodell a sarcastic smile and didn’t shake his hand? That was even funnier.

21. tylawspick6 says:
    August 21, 2017 at 7:51 pm
    with such a despicable human being and how he straddles the fence
    with another one (goodell), did not turn my stomach..

of a human being like trump

So…..what your saying is, you’re not a season ticket holder? Oh ok, who cares. I have a friend of a friend of a family member that are season ticket holders for the Giants. So should I use that as a prerequisite to talk on an unrelated matter? You sound like a loser.

22. I know that Kraft feels personal loyalty to Trump, who called him once a week to check on him after Myra died. But is he also tone deaf to what Trump has done and advocated regarding racism, anti-semitism, etc.? Does he think his money will protect him if Trumpism succeeds?

23. Brady and Pats have been a nightmare for our team. But I respect those who respect authority. I also have no respect for rebellious people.

24. tylawspick6 says:
    August 21, 2017 at 7:51 pm

pats fan, 35 years, ssason tickets in my extended family since ’78, love kraft and everything he has done, but i would be lying if this relationshipwith such a despicable human being and how he straddles the fence with another one (goodell), did not turn my stomach..

absolutely amazing how intelligent people, whether it he kraft, bb or brady could hitch their wagon to a born loser and absolute disgrace of a human being like trump

________

See- that’s the key-they’re intelligent people. Time for you to step away from watching MSM.

25. “absolutely amazing how intelligent people, whether it he kraft, bb or brady could hitch their wagon to a born loser and absolute disgrace
    of a human being like trump”

C’mon man! Trump a born loser? That makes no sense, love the guy or hate him he is not a “born loser”. That is demonstrably wrong. A successful business man and presidential candidate, I’d say he is quite a winner. Clearly you do not like the man or his politics, fine, that is your right as a citizen. But you sound like sore loser when you call Trump a loser.

Furthermore, BB, Brady and Kraft have not hitched their wagons to Trump. They are both wildly successful in their own right. Successful people tend to enjoy the company of other successful people. But I am pretty sure neither Kraft, Belicheck or Brady owe their success or fame to Trump.

26. tylawspick6 says:

August 21, 2017 at 7:51 pm

with such a despicable human being and how he straddles the fence
    with another one (goodell), did not turn my stomach..

of a human being like trump
    ======================================
    Look in the mirror

27. You left wingers are pretty hard to stomach with your constant whining. You may not like President Trump very much, but the country is in far better shape right now than it was just a year ago, or would be if his opponent had won the election.

Maybe you should try a little patient tolerance and see where the guy takes us in his 4 years. I am not a supporter of Mr Trump personally, but he is currently the POTUS and should be respected for the position. The fact that a majority of US States happen to agree with the president’s policies forebodes a probable reelection.

As for Bob Kraft giving a SB ring to the sitting President of the US, I do not see the ambiguity. It was a gift for having been invited to the White House.

28. sidelinecameraman says:
    August 22, 2017 at 7:05 am
    Actually the ring either has to be paid for by the President or sent to the national archives since it exceeds a certain dollar value.
    ———————-

That pertains to foreign not domestic gifts.

29. Just curious, how is Trump “winning” exactly? It’s been a massive disaster so far. The only people who think he’s winning are the people who voted for him and are too stubborn to admit what a mistake it was.

30. b44champs says:

August 22, 2017 at 10:15 am

Your comment is awaiting moderation.

========================================
    Keep believing the mainstream fake news media.

31. pkrlvr says:
    August 22, 2017 at 9:36 am
    Just curious, how is Trump “winning” exactly?
    _______________

Last we checked he was the one in the Oval Office. You know, because that’s what happens when you win America’s Quadrennial SB of politics. Personally I don’t care much for him but he was definitely the lesser of 2 evils.

32. absolutely amazing how intelligent people, whether it he kraft, bb or brady could hitch their wagon to a born loser and absolute disgrace
    of a human being like trump
    =====

They’re all made for eachother.

Same with all of you sullen, petulant fans.

33. aarons444 says:
    August 22, 2017 at 4:00 pm

Same with all of you sullen, petulant fans.
    ____________

Once again, you really aren’t very good at this. If you are going to use adult words you should look up what they mean first. The use of sullen with petulant is redundant.

34. The use of sullen with petulant is redundant.
    =====

Like stupid idiot? Or ignorant moron?

I’d hate for anything to get lost in translation.

35. I despise TRUMP & love Kraft….. Not gonna let politics be an issue here….if Kraft is cool giving Trump a spare SB ring than so be it….
    Go Pats!!!!

36. They have been friends for many years. We often saw our Presidents personal helicopter landing on the practice field before a few Pat’s home games every year until last season. He must be busy these days!

37. Voted for him and I’m happy with his results thus far. You just have to be able to filter out the media BS and noise from the left. He’s not a racist or BFF with Putin, yada yada.

38. Let’s see…The Pats won during Bush and Obama’s terms as well but I do not recall Kraft giving them any rings so, and please correct me if I’m wrong but, as far as I can tell, the only presidents to have Patriot Superbowl rings are Putin and Trump.