Video shows portion of Michael Bennett’s incident with police

Getty Images

Shortly after Seahawks defensive end Michael Bennett accused Las Vegas police of mistreatment, a video emerged that showed a portion of the encounter Bennett had with officers after the Floyd Mayweather-Conor McGregor fight.

The video, published by TMZ, begins with audio of someone shouting, “Get your f–kin hands up,” although at that point the camera doesn’t show either Bennett or the officer in question and it’s unclear who said those words. Another officer is shown appearing to draw his gun.

The camera then moves to show Bennett face-down on the ground and an officer crouching over him, attempting to handcuff him. Bennett can be heard yelling, “I wasn’t doing nothing! I wasn’t doing nothing! You asked me a question! I was here with my friends, they told us to get out, everybody ran! Did you ask me a question, sir?”

The officer then yells, “Put your palms together!” as he handcuffs Bennett.

Las Vegas police say they are investigating the incident.

125 responses to “Video shows portion of Michael Bennett’s incident with police

1. The video does appear to show a cop with his gun drawn – but in a “shots fired” incident that’s not necessarily surprising. If there was brutality or some other wrongdoing this video doesn’t show it.

2. …and people wonder why minorities won’t stand for the anthem. For as much as things change they sure seem to stay the same

3. “Bennett said an officer put a gun to his head and threatened to “blow my f–king head off.” The video does not show that.”

So, in other words, Bennett lied. Shocker.

4. What are these idiot cops always investigating their own screw ups??? Filing a lawsuit here is the only things that holds these cops accountable. People in this country are tired of idiot cops using excessive force on citizens who have done nothing. Sue the hell out of them and be done with it.

5. billswillnevermove says:

September 6, 2017 at 12:30 pm

So in other words, Bennett is a liar. The video did not show an officer putting a gun to his head saying he was going to blow his f…..ing head of. Again, Bennett is a liar.
    —————————————————————————–
    Uh, no. The video does not show the entire incident. You do not know what happened, so how about waiting for all the evidence before making a judgment?

6. Everyone initially saying “I don’t believe Bennett’s story until I see video” is now saying “this brief video that doesn’t capture anything before or after totally vindicates the cops.” As expected.

7. Put yourself in the police officers shoes. Supposed gun shots people running, I suppose every officer should sit back for 20 minutes and analyze the situation and possibly let himself or other people get killed because he needs to be sensitive to people’s feelings? Man this is getting rediculous! Poor Bennett you try to do his job once!

8. This stuff happens all of the time and it is not just about being black. A good friend of ours was handcuffed and pushed face-down just two-weeks ago in a nice little coastal community in San Diego County. He fit the profile of someone who had just committed a robbery. The big mistake he made was arguing with the cop who told him to drop to his knees and put interlock his hands behind his head. He decided to argue with the cop and tell the cop he was making a mistake. Then the cop drew his gun and called for back-up. He continued to then tell the cop to put his gun away. This rapidly escalated as my friend would not do what he was told. He ended up cuffed with guns pointed to his head, then shoved into the back of a police car. He is white. It became much worse than necessary. I wish he would have just done what they said and kept his mouth shut. Cops responding to armed robberies or shots being fired are trained to react this way. Best thing to do is cooperate and let things cool down. My friend was in the wrong place at the wrong time as was Michael Bennett. It sucks and thankfully nobody got hurt.

9. Being detained / arrested by the police, and having a cop put his gun against the back of your head and threaten your life are 2 totally different things.

I don’t know exactly what happened when the video wasn’t on them, but based on what I see it certainly seems like having a gun to his head is hell of a stretch.

Going on the notion that it didn’t happen, Bennett just lost all credibility on the whole police force issue because he showed he is willing to lie to make police look bad and support his narrative. If it did happen like he said, he has an uphill battle to prove it based on what I just watched.

10. Is the NFL investigating too ? They seem to know more than the legal system. Go have Goodell and Lisa Friel help with the investigation; they have experts that can make up a whole investigation.

11. A lot of people seem certain this video tells them something definite, when it clearly doesn’t show a LOT of the arrest. We don’t see what the offer cuffing him was doing before he actually started putting cuffs on, nor do we see anything of what comes after. All this confirms is that yes, he was definitely cuffed, that’s it.

12. Why do you people think you know so much when you were not there and we have no idea of what really happened. Some people are so ignorant but they speak so much.

13. Gotta side with the cop on this one. When there is a threat you cuff first ask questions later.

Doesn’t look like he physically hurt him.

Non-story.

I’m black and have been treated unfairly by the cops in the past by the way.

14. motsuret06 says:
    September 6, 2017 at 12:34 pm

————————

If only there was a football player with the fortitude to protest this sort of behavior.

15. Regardless of what Mike said is real versus what is on the partial video we see, why was he detained? My understanding is that if you didn’t break any law you don’t even have to give a cop your ID let alone be cuffed for no reason.

16. “So, in other words, Bennett lied. Shocker.”

The video is very short and easily could not have included the part you are claiming is a lie. I would be surprised if further video doesn’t turn up given the huge amount of security cams in Vegas. Which doesn’t mean it will show what Bennett claims but it also could verify his claim.

17. Looks like MB was embellishing on what really happened.
    Something tells me that more will come out as to his friends being involved in some incident that led to this.

18. So if this cop is innocent of wrong doing and Bennett turns out to be just doing this to cause a stir, will the NFL do what is right and suspend him for doing so?

That is rhetorical.

19. To those who say put yourself in the police officers shoes I’d say this. I’m smart enough to know that I’m scared of any type of real danger, so I wouldn’t put myself in a situation where I’d have to be in an officer’s shoes. I think officers who share the same sentiments probably shouldn’t be in law enforcement either and that’s where there’s a disconnect.

20. audio2sell says:
    September 6, 2017 at 12:48 pm
    Looks like MB was embellishing on what really happened.

———–

Because you saw part of a video? Everything that happened in the video matches what he said. You don’t know what else happened.

Why would you assume he’s lying as a base assumption? Bennett isn’t a guy that get’s in legal trouble.

21. war27 says:
    September 6, 2017 at 12:43 pm

———-

Cops are trained to do this for their own safety until they can figure out what is actually going on

22. billswillnevermove says:
    September 6, 2017 at 12:30 pm

———-

What occurred on the video that didn’t match what he said?

Nothing. Don’t assume he’s lying because the video didn’t capture the alleged threat. It could have easily happened before or after that video.

23. Gotta side with the cop on this one. When there is a threat you cuff first ask questions later.

Doesn’t look like he physically hurt him.

———-

Obviously, they got the wrong guy. Not sure what type of threat he was. The real perp may have gone on to hurt more people. They got to do better.

24. war27 says:

September 6, 2017 at 12:43 pm

===============
    What??? With all of the assaults on police officers, it seems like a perfectly reasonable position for the cops to detain you while they do their job. And if you are not breaking the law, they finish up, release you, and everyone goes on about their day.

25. The comments here are truly disturbing, yet what’s even more disturbing is they’re sadly predictable.

Bennett releases a statement: “where’s the proof?”

Video comes out: “he’s exaggerating. Where did they say they’d blow his head off?”

Thank Allah he didn’t actually get his head blown off. I could only imagine the comments….

“The officer wasn’t white” (like that makes it better)…

“he shouldn’t have been at the mayweather fight, that’s a tacit endorsement of domestic violence”

“he had too much bass in his voice”…

“he should’ve lost weight in the off season so he wouldn’t be so intimidating”

26. Bias exist both ways. For example, let’s talk about the societal bias that Bennett displayed here. Without any proof, evidence or justification relevant to his situation he immediately determined he was handcuffed because he was black. Because that’s what he is being taught. That if you are black and involved in an incident with police, the reason you were was and is always simply because of your skin color and nothing else.
    That right there is the textbook definition of bias.

27. If you read Bennett’s actual statement he said the gun was placed near his head. He didn’t say in his statement that the officer put the gun to his head which is an important distinction when reviewing the video and his account.

28. “The event never happened or there would be video”

“ok, here’s video”

“This 10 second video of a cop handcuffing and detaining a man, which obviously took several minutes to hours does not show the comment in question, therefore he is obviously lying”

Good to see people using their critical thinking skills and not just digging in on their prejudices of Bennett, whichever side their on.

29. I realize this is only a portion of the video, but this is not excessive force. Looks routine to me as far as detaining someone. Now should he have even been detained? That’s not for me to answer. We don’t know the whole story

30. I am White and a similar thing happened to me years ago. I was pulled over and a cop misread a report and thought I was driving a stolen vehicle. They cuffed me and put me face down on the side of the highway. 5 cops stood around me with a gun to my face. They would ask me a question and I would try to answer it and they would yell “Shut the F Up”. Eventually they realized I was not driving stolen car. They helped me up and were my best pals after that.

31. Bullcharger says:

September 6, 2017 at

What occurred on the video that didn’t match

How about the knee not being in his back at ant point in the video, or hearing the cop yell anything despite Bennette not having his cuffs closed till near the end of the video.

32. This guy will run his mouth, do what the police ask and you will not be cuffed. He acts just like 90 percent of the crooks on cops and live PD.
    He blames everyone else for being racist but he needs to look in the mirror.
    The man can’t just be quiet.

33. Wow. It just blows me away that the take from most of the comments on this site is that Bennett lied or exaggerated his story. We know with a reasonably degree of certainty that Bennett was and is completely innocent of whatever crime he was being stopped for and we KNOW, from the VIDEO, that he was “seized” and violently handcuffed by the police. That’s wrong people! How can that not be the #1 takeaway from this video? Whether Bennett intentionally or unintentionally exaggerated his story, which this video certainly doesn’t prove (it simply proves that the thrust of his story – that he was improperly stopped and cuffed – is true), is minor compared to the actions of the police. It is an illegal seizure and it violated his constitutional rights. The right to be free of illegal seizure from our government is among the most cherished and fundamental rights we have! I don’t know if most of you are ignorant or prejudiced, but it is either one or the other, and neither are good.

34. People saying the video doesn’t show the threat of blowing his head off, you’re right. Read his original statement. He said there were 2 cops, and the second one detained him. Learn to read.

35. war27 says:

September 6, 2017 at 12:43 pm

__________

Dumb stmnt of the day award

36. LakefrontLegend says:

I see the bigots are out in full force today. If this happened to your father, brother, etc, would you be asking for video proof?
    ——————————————————————————-

Wow, that is scary..yes I would always expect proof of guilt before convicting…this video doesn’t absolve Bennett or the police…does expecting proof make someone a bigot? Help me understand that logic

37. I Just Like To Type Comments That Wont Get Published says:
    September 6, 2017 at 1:02 pm
    war27 says:

September 6, 2017 at 12:43 pm

===============
    ______________

Except for that pesky Constitutional right that prevents you from being seized. Maybe we’d focus less on the 2nd amendment if the police would follow the 4th. They have no right to seize you without cause. Bennett didn’t have a gun; he wasn’t threatening anyone, and was like everyone else fleeing what could have been a shot or a car back firing. He broke no laws and was detained; unless these officers have some compelling evidence they had no right to detain him.

38. crackerbrainfool says:

…and people wonder why minorities won’t stand for the anthem.
    ================================================

Well the anthem is for the military, not police. But we wonder why they lie about their encounters with the police so often.

39. September 6, 2017 at 12:43 pm

===============
    *****************************************************************************

What assaults? Being a cop is one of the safest jobs in the country.

40. You don’t go cuffing people, face down for no reason. Cops that think that is required do not need their jobs.
    ——————————————————————————————
    When it’s a “shots fired” call, yes the cops can do that. It’s called being DETAINED, not ARRESTED. Officers are typically outnumbered at the scene. They have to take control and detaining people is one of the tools. Why Bennett was detained I do not know. I will guess the cops had a reason. Mouthy people will always get a cops attention. Guaranteed !!

41. As if being a professional football player is supposed to mean anything other than you are more likely to have done something stupid. Given Michael Bennett’s proclivity for race-baiting and his attention seeking behavior, I am highly suspect of this incident being anything like he describes.

In the absence of clear evidence, Bennett’s reputation sinks this one.

42. “crackerbrainfool says:
    September 6, 2017 at 12:32 pm
    …and people wonder why minorities won’t stand for the anthem. For as much as things change they sure seem to stay the same.”

Well, according to those minorities who don’t stand, nothing has changed at all…so what’s your point? Your attempt at a clever left-sided response has failed.

43. Wowwwwww sad and hilarious taking a look through the comments. The previous link was full of people certain that for some reason they knew the event never took place since Bennett didn’t tweet about it immediately like a teenage girl. Now that it’s proven that what they were certain of is wrong they have a new strange certainty, that he’s lying about it.

Is it a race thing or just self delusion as a defense mechanism from understanding that the police are allowed to get away with killing you?

44. Lol man just from reading the comments on here, so many of u make me laugh. Talking about how it didnt show a gun to the back of his head so je must be lying. Nevermind that the video starts after bennett is already on the ground.

45. The video starts well after they had him on the ground under control and you guys know it. The gun to the head stuff happened before the video started and it’s probably why the bystander started filming this video in the first place.

An officer typically holsters his weapon to start the handcuffing process after he has backup at the scene (which he did) and the prep is under control (he was).

Wait for the body camera footage. It’s has to be coming at this point.

People trying to discredit Bennett because the video only shows a small portion of the arrest should be ashamed. You are so transparent.

46. Internet message boards are where being an (anonymous) racist became OK again.

If you guys said this stuff on the subway you’d get punched in the mouth and everyone watching would cheer.

47. How anyone could conclude that Bennett is lying based on the TMZ video that shows a snippet of what happened, and actually is consistent with what Bennett said is beyond me. But what do i know. I’m only a lawyer.

48. tylawspick6 says:
    September 6, 2017 at 2:08 pm
    you just know he instigated something with this

——

Why do you “just know” that?

Michael Bennett has no criminal record and does great things for his community. Why would he not get the benefit of the doubt instead of assuming he started it?

It’s one thing to be an outspoken guy, it’s another to be a criminal instigator.

49. Judging by the likes/dislikes there sure are a lot of racists on this site. Why even watch football, if you have such a low opinion of black people? There are a lot of them in the NFL, you know.

50. Bennett wrote: “A police officer ordered me to get on the ground. As I laid on the ground, complying with his demands to not move, he placed his gun near my head and warned me that if I moved he would blow my (expletive) head off. Terrified and confused by what was taking place, a second officer came over and forcefully jammed his knee into my back, making it difficult for me to breathe. They then clinched the handcuffs on my wrist so tight that my fingers went numb.

51. @1sttimepftcomment says:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Yep, shots were fired and people were running…so the officer decides to stop Bennett? Why? Because he was running with everyone else? Because fired the shots or was suspected of firing the shots? What other reason would they possibly have for arresting him? Oh let me guess, it’s because he happens to be a professional that speaks his mind which you disagree with.

52. Bullcharger says

Hmm maybe don’t try to gouge out other players eyeballs,threaten a reporter who just beat cancer, attack Andy Dalton for 20 seconds after a play and people won’t doubt your sanity.

53. youngnoizecom says:
    September 6, 2017 at 12:21 pm
    Need answers from the he’s lying, why didn’t he retain an attorney crowd now.

When we see a video that confirms what Bennett says the cop said then you can make that case. Not evident on this video so we still don’t know what happened. But what has been proven is that those who side with Bennett, ostensibly due to color, now seem to believe this video confirms Bennetts story.

How about this? Is it possible that Bennett is embellishing? Or are your minds so clouded by hate that you are willing to believe anything that makes cops or whites look bad?

That’s racism folks. Sorry if the truth is inconvenient.

54. youngnoizecom says:
    September 6, 2017 at 12:52 pm

**************************************************
    This is the most idiotic thing I have ever heard. So, no cop is ever allowed to be scared in any situation??? Is that what youre saying? I certainly hope not, because that is quite possibly he dumbest thing I’ll read all day and keep in mind….I’ve been on deadspin too!

55. The police brutality truthers need more though. As most of them said this morning, he was clearly lying because they don’t like his team. SMH. This shouldn’t be okay with anyone if you’re a real American. We don’t live in a police state. But spin away peons.

56. So where’s the other cop who threatened to blow his head off, while he was laying on the ground if they cinched his handcuffs together. We can clearly see one cop cinching the handcuffs by himself at the end of the video.
    ——–
    he’s the one dead center in the video. You see him on the balcony above the street in the video before you see Bennett on the ground. The cop with his pistol drawn is literally the first thing you see in the video. The camera man is recording over his left shoulder as he aims at Bennett from the balcony.

57. factschecker says:

We have very different definitions of near, up on a balcony at least 60 feet away isn’t close to near my head.

Good to know the officer put the gun near his head, ran up to the balcony and back down quick enough that Bennette couldn’t tell where the second officer actually was before THEY clinched his handcuffs together according to him.

58. factschecker says:
    September 6, 2017 at 3:04 pm
    ——–
    ____________________________________________________________________________________
    He claims the guy who said that had a gun to his head….yet you say he is on the balcony above? Rut roh…someone’s story doesn’t match.

59. jman967 ,

The fact that you think black people are taught this and that it’s not a learned experience shows how clueless you are. Also the idiots here saying the police are supposed to just randomly pick out a person when everyone else was running from the same place show how easily a police state could be implemented here. Police are trained. If they don’t know how to use their training, that’s a problem. It doesn’t work like “let me pick out the biggest guy or the black guy or the tatted up biker looking white guy” and assume. If you think that is okay, you’re a moron.

60. People hate Bennent. That’s just a fact. People will conjur up some story to say he was lieing or he was wrong. Just becaise it’s not on video doesn’t mean it dodn’t happen. 99% of crime aren’t recorded. It doesn’t mean it didn’t happen. To say we have an issue with law enforcement doesn’t mean all cops or horrible people. Just like with any line of work, tou get what you pay for.

61. Bennett is wrong. He knows the media will eat this up and take his side. He did SOMETHIGN to draw suspicion to himself, let’s not act as if he is an angel or something.

Go police!

62. janvanflac says:
    September 6, 2017 at 2:33 pm

——-

The true racists are the people who play the race card each and every time something doesn’t go their way. These morons see race in every aspect of society. I pity these poor unfortunates.

63. Thank God I live in Canada
    =====

I had a nice spread picked out in Montana….

.. at the rate idiocy is increasing in the US, I’m rethinking my options.

64. Does anyone else find it ironic that MB released his “statement” to Twitter the day that TMZ releases the video? things that make you go hmmm ….

65. Damn, a lot of these comments are disturbing. Cops should not be allowed to arrest people and threaten lives if a person is fully cooperating. The fact that Bennett was attacked by police for no reason (allegedly) is very disturbing.

WE, THE PEOPLE, SHOULD NOT FEAR COPS! They are SUPPOSE to be there to help us and aid us. NOT THREATEN US!

66. Oh so what really happened is the cops were investigating a shots fired situation and this clown took it upon himself to mouth off and put himself in a situation where he was on the ground. And then he attempts to exploit this BS to pump up the narrative surrounding the protests in the NFL.

Very transparent.

67. Of course Bennett’s story that police just detained him because he is black is so plausible…

“Sources connected to the investigation tell TMZ Sports … when cops responded to the club for a possible shooting, they ordered everyone to get down and not move so they could properly search and investigate. We’re told Bennett did not stay put — instead, he ran — and a cop outside the club stopped him and ordered him down to the ground at gunpoint.”

68. do you guys read the article? I know trump supporters are very uneducated but the headline says a portion of the incident not the beginning, middle and end. Also, another thing to ask is what kind of investigation are they doing for 11 days? Covering their butts I bet

69. So many people so ready to judge a cop based on the word of a guy who supports a cop hater. Then we see the smoking gun video, with no smoking gun and we’re now told that the gun was to his head before the video.

Shocking how much hatred there is out there.

70. cmoney4949 says:
    September 6, 2017 at 4:37 pm

This is exactly the same as thinking a running black man has done something wrong. Why do you not get it? You know nothing but what Bennett said and you assume there must have been a gun to his head and they are covering it up. They may well be but we do not know. I like evidence before I lynch a guy.

71. 1sttimepftcomment says:
    September 6, 2017 at 12:38 pm

______________________________

So I guess in the “police officers shoes,” the proper response to the unfolding situation where all kinds of people were running is “arrest the black guy?”

Look, I know cops have a tough job – perhaps the toughest there is – so I usually give them as much benefit of the doubt I can. And maybe – just maybe – they have a legit reason for what they did to Bennett. but if they do, they haven’t said so as of yet.

I’ll wait for the police explanation, but as of this time, it kind of seems like the reason might have been not much more than Bennett is large, black, and was running.

72. Clearly the ultra conservatives on this thread just don’t get it, calling him a liar and “race baiter” just because the video didn’t show the entire incident, but clearly shows the cops with guns drawn on him. The vast majority on this thread do not know what it’s like to be a minority in this country.

73. dryzzt23 says:
    September 6, 2017 at 3:49 pm

Go police!
    ———————————————————————————————-
    Idiot.. MB clearly stated he heard a loud boom and began to run, THEN he was detained. He didn’t mention COPS making the loud noise and stated he ran because he felt his life was in jeopardy.. Yeah the something he did was run for his life.. I know you think we’re not suppose to do that..

74. granadafan says:
    September 6, 2017 at 4:53 pm
    —————————————————————————————
    Did you read the article or watch the video? It clearly states that officers were responding to a reported shooting at a club. Upon arrival police “ordered everyone to get down and not move so they could properly search and investigate”. Not only did he not comply with those orders he did exactly the opposite and HE RAN. Clearly, regardless of your political views, YOU dont get it. What do you expect police to do in that situation? High-Five a possible shooter has he runs away ?

75. taintedsaints2009 says:
    September 6, 2017 at 2:02 pm
    When a cop tells you to put your hands up, it’s a way to protect both of you from any further harm.
    ——————————————————————————————–
    It’s also a way of getting yourself shot in the back even when you’re doing exactly what the 7 officers ask you to do.. WHAT THE VIDEO AND EXPLAIN THAT?

76. This beats every other race based story so far. We see a video where it’s crystal clear that there is no cop with a gun to anyone’s head yet we still have those who claim to see a gun or insist that there was a gun before the video started. Are there no depth to which some will not sink to advance this lunacy? We are lost.

77. John Mara states that he has no interest in this story if it doesn’t involve a potential suspension for a Dallas Cowboy.

78. dmoney253 says:
    September 6, 2017 at 2:27 pm
    _______
    How anyone could conclude that Bennett is NOT lying based on the TMZ video that shows a snippet of what happened, and actually is INCONCLUSIVE with what Bennett said is beyond me. But what do I know. Maybe I should’ve been a lawyer.

79. “I’ve never been treated unfairly by the police, of course I never put myself in a situation where I could be arrested, obey the law, it’s not hard..”

What exactly does this video show that Bennett did? Do you honestly think if he was a 150 lb white guy, instead of a 250 lb black guy, that he would’ve received the exact same treatment? this whole thread is a bummer . . .

80. You don’t speak your mind with a police officer. He’s got a very stressful job and he has a badge and a gun. Save it for the judge. Respect the police and they will respect you! Try it sometime!

81. motown81 says:
    September 6, 2017 at 12:38 pm

———————————————————————————————————————-

But when as a U.S. Citizen do our rights to question authority come into question? If I feel excessive force or abusive language is being used towards me is my turn to call it out? You cannot give law enforcement a blanket open book to do what they want. Anyone with enough power always abuses it, whether at home, school, work or when it comes to the law even at the highest order. People abuse power. What we’re seeing is law enforcement feels under attack, the super-majority do their job and the small 5% to 10% abuse it but that’s when you have to turn it back on the people involved with those employees or officers to call it out. At the workplace, managers run amok all the way to the top, at school, teachers do dastardly things to our children, parents and their co-workers, it needs to be called out. We keep seeing a “Resistance” to an abuse of power. We need to recognize as common-folk that it needs to end. People are paid to do their jobs and do them well, otherwise we need new perspective in there. That is all.

82. “I’ve never been treated unfairly by the police, of course I never put myself in a situation where I could be arrested, obey the law, it’s not hard..”

—————————————–
    Unfortunately, the report of an active shooter did not include a 150lb white guy. They were told to get down, which it looks like he did originally. He should have stayed down. He ran for no reason. Foolish.

83. “Upon arrival police ‘ordered everyone to get down and not move so they could properly search and investigate’.

Then they were doing a pretty bad job of it, according to the longer police video that showed people walking/running around and out of the casino.

“We see a video where it’s crystal clear that there is no cop with a gun to anyone’s head yet we still have those who claim to see a gun or insist that there was a gun before the video started. ”

Are you talking about the TMZ video that only shows Bennett being handcuffed? Do you think nothing happened before that moment? Undersherriff McMahill said that both detaining officers had their guns drawn, and the end of the longer video the officer is holding what could be a gun. I suppose the arresting officer’s video would give more information, but here’s a shock: it wasn’t turned on.

84. This is the scumbag that abandoned his dog in a Tampa kennel when moving to Seattle . He made no attempt to find it a home or even to pay the bill .The kennel had to sue him to get paid .He disrespects our flag and now this .I think he set the whole thing up !

85. And it was a “Spiritual experience” that changed him.
    Riigght…
    How about learning that being involved in violent fights and then resisting police and acting aggressively towards them is going to get a gun pointed at you.

Not because you are black, but becasue you are a professional athlete/large human that poses a threat?

Lying, race-baiting idiot.