Getty Images

Michael and Martellus Bennett are extremely close. It comes as no surprise that in the aftermath of his older brother being detained by police in Las Vegas, allegedly at gun point, that Martellus is finding the situation a difficult one to cope with.

According to Rob Demovsky of ESPN.com, Martellus had to excuse himself from a team meeting after seeing video of the incident for the first time.

I didn’t even know there was a video,” Martellus said. “I had to walk out of meetings because I broke down crying, just thinking about what could have happened, what could have been. It was just so close. You never know these days.”

Bennett said in a social media post Wednesday morning that officers threatened to “blow my f—ing head off” before being detained and handcuffed.

The Officers’ excessive use of force was unbearable,” Bennett wrote. “I felt helpless as I lay there on the ground handcuffed facing the real-life threat of being killed. All I could think of was “I’m going to die for no other reason than I am black and my skin color is somehow a threat.’ My life flashed before my eyes as I thought of my girls. Would I ever play with them again? Or watch them have kids? Or be able to kiss my wife again and tell her I love her.”

Martellus spoke to Michael soon after the incident when his older brother was still hysterical from the incident. He hasn’t seen Michael since the encounter, but the two will reunite prior to Sunday’s season opener between Martellus’ Green Bay Packers and Michael’s Seattle Seahawks.

“Sometimes, a hug is the best thing you can give,” Martellus said. “I mean, I don’t really know, really — you know what I’m saying? I don’t really have the answers. You just think, ‘What if?’ You know? Two seconds this way, two seconds that way, the whole thing is different. So for me, I’ll just be happy to see my brother, because there’s a chance I couldn’t see him.”

95 responses to “Martellus Bennett left team meeting while crying after seeing video of Michael’s encounter with officers

1. First, there is no gun seen in the video. Next, officers will oftentimes use very harsh and extreme language in order to get people to comply. Simply saying please and pretty please does not cut it and extreme threats are needed to be made so that people comply.

2. All he did was hide in a casino then take off running when spotted by law enforcement as they were responding to a report of shots fired.

3. Michael Bennett is lucky it didn’t end worse for him after running away from police in a reported shooting situation.

4. In these situations people need to be able to step into the shoes of the other person. Michael Bennett is showing a lot of people out there what it felt like to be treated this way and it makes people uncomfortable.

Similarly people need to be able to see this from the point of view of the police officers. There is no good way to train them for what they have to do and they are put in very difficult situations.

If we just use this as a chance to bash police and white people like the SJW’s want nothing will get better. If we don’t respect how traumatic something like this can be for someone to have a gun pointed at them and be fairly roughly detained nothing will get better.

5. This is being overplayed. Video doesn’t show officer brandishing a gun. Story meets his prior agenda a bit too well.

6. But please, white people who never have and never will have to experience something like this, break it down for us and tell us what a clown Bennett is and how the police aren’t racist etc…Or maybe for once in your lives stay quiet and admit you don’t have the experience or the moral authority to speak on the subject

7. The Packers will regret signing Bennett. I saw an interview with both Bennett’s a while back….victim based thinkers looking for any reason to claim racism. I’m sorry, but I’m not taking Michael Bennett’s word for anything. The video I have seen shows no impropriety.

8. Martellus Bennett is a drama queen. Everything he does and says is over the top, by his own admission.
    I’m still waiting for all the facts to come out on this alleged incident.

9. “Do what the police say and that will not happen.”

This is an extremely untrue statement. Police are not above the law, nor do they carry an office where they can issue unlawful demands that should be followed with impunity. During my criminal justice courses we were informed to keep an eye out for bad apples, so even the police know they exist. I am not speaking of this direct case, just to your blanket statement which is overly retarded.

10. Lets see pretty much everyone in the area was black it wasn’t as if he was in a see of white people and the police went and grabbed him. Secondly I dare anyone of you to put yourself in the officers shoes you have reports of shots fired and this bozo was hiding then jumped a wall before you got him to the ground and he is much bigger than you. What are you going to say hey if you could not move I would appreciate it. No you going to pull your gun and say move and your dead(because I don’t want to die.)

11. While i think many people play the race card it never ceases to amaze me how many MORE PEOPLE want to act like cops are always right. im 54, white, and cooperated every time I had been stopped by police and 95% of the time they acted like douche bags. what if i was black ? they would have been nicer ?

12. players these days and their damn phones, always checking to see what the next person texts about them instead of concentrating on what they are being well paid for, social media is ruining the world. If you notice the first thing that Bennett did when he left his press conference yesterday was to look at his phone, it is a disease.

13. Reports of an active shooter. They see a guy crouched behind a gaming machine. He turns and runs and jumps over a dividing wall.

Nope, no reason to suspect him. Keep looking.

14. staffordisbetterthanyourteamsqb says:
    September 7, 2017 at 5:20 am

———————-

Except white people have been in his situation. Im a white person who did the same stupid thing Bennett did (failed to follow instructions in a dangerous situation and tried to get out of there) except the putdown they did on me was a whole lot harder. Plus I did a couple hours in a cell until they had confirmed I was not part of the incident. No apologies from anyone for me getting roughed up so badly. Im pretty sure it had more to do with my own foolish choices than it did my skin color.

15. In the end,these rich football players are human beings, trying to live in peace, in America. Vegas cops are now in cover-up mode, with the expected disappearance of body cam video. They wanna hide the evidence.

No way Bennett would lie in the face of numerous video that should expose the truth. Admit the problem and work on fixing it. denial doesn’t work. It brings storms. Do you hear me, climate change deniers?(Harvey, Irma,etc.)

16. Man, it is so disheartening to see how many people are ignorant to the glaring issues that we are still facing today. resorting to say that either Bennett is a clown is just so irrelevant in this. Being a white male, there has not been a single day that I’ve worried about my family members being profiled for any reason at all. As you can see with this story, that isn’t true for other families in this country.

If anyone is willing to repost or argue against this post, please look up a few terms for me before writing. Generational Trauma, Civil Rights Movment, Jim Crow, Plessy v. Fergusen (Seperate but Equal). Families were experiencing the same hardships that we are seeing for over 100 years. The Bennetts are simply voicing their experience and it’s making people uncomfortable.

17. As upsetting as the video might have been, ask yourself this question, “What about the police officer’s wife and family? What do you think they are feeling watching that same video where their loved one go into a nightclub where shots were fired and not knowing who has a gun or how many guns are in there?”

Seems like they were trying to do their job and to ascribe racism as the motive is an audience grabber for TV and the internet but the facts of this case are not fully out there yet.

18. “Martellus spoke to Michael soon after the incident when his older brother was still hysterical from the incident. ”

Ah, hysterical eyewitness testimony….the most reliable kind.

19. September 7, 2017 at 5:54 am
    I’m still waiting for all the facts to come out on this alleged incident.
    —————–
    Damn! There are some cold people in this world. And you are one of them. That is his brother!!!! And they are very close. If that officer would have shot him, and he could have, his brother would be dead and that officer would have paid leave and have his job back in less than one year!

20. Stafford, let me ask you a question. What if you were the cop, what would have you done differently? I don’t think Mr. Bennett is a clown. But it appears he was hiding behind a slot machine, told to freeze, he ran. How would a black cop reacted?

21. – Listen to the police and this doesn’t happen
    – confused why this video was being watched in an NFL team meeting
    – since identity politics is all the rage how would a female, black , hispanic, Asian, gay or transgendered police officer react in the same situation.

22. Diversity and Pluralism training for racist Americans! Some folks just don’t know how ignorant this is, to dismiss this 400 year old issue. Walk a mile in my shoes, then judge me, please, if you must judge. Otherwise, please shut up! Let the man upstairs do the judging…..

23. Watching net videos while in team meetings huh………………quality player right there, team first huh !?!?!? LMAO, good luck with this clown GB !!

24. staffordisbetterthanyourteamsqb says:
    September 7, 2017 at 5:20 am

There is A Nurse in Utah who would disagree

25. I’ve had more crap happen to me living in South Florida than these 2 clowns COMBINED. I’ve had police stop me and handcuff me in Coral Gables because my 87 Mazda RX7 “Didn’t fit the type of car people drive here”. I’ve been pulled over heading to South Beach because we were young kids and looked like trouble while having helicopters flying over us when we had nothing on us. Sweetwater police has placed my face on the scolding hot hood of their car while they beat my fiend with a baton!!! ALL THIS AT WE WEREN’T DOING A THING

And I still support cops.

Cry me a river. And this coming from a minority.

26. regaliaimagewear says:
    September 7, 2017 at 7:39 am
    September 7, 2017 at 5:54 am
    I’m still waiting for all the facts to come out on this alleged incident.
    —————–

________________

Then I guess the next time hes somewhere where shots are fired and the cops show up and order all people to get on the ground while they search, his brother should obey instead of taking off running. Nothing cold about it, Martellus was stupid and instantly painted himself as guilty by doing that, obviously the officers were going to pursue and subdue the suspect. Things like the Orlando club incident tend to factor into the officers minds and their behavior in these kinds of situations as well

27. Didn’t see an excessive use of force in the video, if the story is correct that he was crouched between machines and then ran…. I don’t see a problem. Bennett’s claim makes it sound like he was doing nothing wrong and was singled out.

Just be glad nobody was hurt and after 5 min all was cleared up.

28. How can people comment when all of the facts aren’t out. There are some bad cops out there, but most are good. If Bennett ran into a bad one, why is that so hard to believe?

29. When stopped by the cops, just do what they ask of you and nothing will happen instead of giving the cops crap and then crying like a baby when they treat you as they supposedly did.

30. I totally get how scary this must have been. The cops had limited information and anyone coming out of the club was a likely suspect until they neutralized the threat. Everyone’s life was on the line–including the cops. To turn this into a race issue without looking at all the facts is simply wrong and dangerous. No cop wants to shoot anyone, but will do so if lives are threatened.

31. limakey says:
    September 7, 2017 at 7:40 am
    —–
    So let me get this straight. A loud noise goes off. Multiple people think it’s a gun going off and start running for safety..black, white, Asian, doesn’t matter if you believe a gun is being shot you get out of the area as soon as possible.

Now a cop with absolutely no proof, eyewitness account that has been provided, etc randomly singles you out of all the people running for safety, pulls a gun on you and threatens you. Is that in anyway how policing Works? Why out of all the people running away from perceived danger there was Bennett singled out?

If you’re a cop and you’re so jittery and jumpy that you will have a man in cuffs and a gun to his head without any tidbit of proof that he may be the danger then maybe it’s time for a new occupation.

32. staffordisbetterthanyourteamsqb says:
    September 7, 2017 at 5:20 am
    But please, white people who never have and never will have to experience something like this, break it down for us and tell us what a clown Bennett is and how the police aren’t racist etc…Or maybe for once in your lives stay quiet and admit you don’t have the experience or the moral authority to speak on the subject.

***************************************************
    Yeah, the officer in the video looks to be latino, as does the other officer leaning over the rail with his gun drawn. I’d have to see an actual photo to verify this. Also, this officer looks pretty calm, he does snap at Bennett to get his palms together, but nothing that rises to abusive. He actually looked to be handling Bennett pretty lightly, no kneed in the back or hurting him in any way. If the accounts of Bennett hiding behind a wall or slot machine and then running when the cops told him to stop are true, then…..yeah…..youre gonna get detained.

AND…..you dont get to tell me what I can and cannot speak on. Bennett doesnt get to make an accusation and not back it up. Bennett has a bias against police and now has made a serious accusation….we dont just take his word for it….just as we dont just take the word of the police. Nothing we have seen backs up Bennetts claim, I dont have to be black to speak on a video that doesnt show what Bennett says happened to him.

When and if a video surfaces that shows what he says happened to him, I’ll gladly call for the officer to be disciplined.

33. If you feel discriminated against & don’t feel safe here then leave… Nobody is making you stay & be subjected to what you perceive as injustices…..I’m sure you’ll find an entirely different & safe place to live outside the USA….
    I believe it’s called FANTASY LAND…..
    Cops have for most part a thankless job to do….they risk their lives DAILY…it’s probably best to do as your told to minimalize the chance of something bad happening….
    I dispose the social media for only showing what they happen to catch & not the entire incident & what led to a specific situation….. Most Everything is being judged & tried in the court of public opinion before it even makes the courtroom…..there really seems to be an agenda by the social media & media in general to push the racism card to the forefront of today’s news….& I’m really turned off by it to be honest…..hate,ignorance,violence, poverty, greed,corruption etc etc etc….yes they ALL EXIST & EVERYONE KNOWS THIS….but so does love, compassion, kindness, charity,understanding, forgiveness & hope….all of these things are just part of human nature
    It boils down to morality &accountability of ones self & your actions or lack there of in life….no easy answers but playing the victim has NEVER solved anything….
    You pretty much

34. limakey says:
    September 7, 2017 at 7:40 am

=======================
    Where is the cops body camera video? Why is his story any more credible than Bennett’s version? How do you really know the cop said “freeze” or anything? Why, with all of the number of incidents of poor police work from Rodney King to the woman in Utah the other day would you not at least question the validity of the cop? There IS video footage of most of what Bennett is claiming! WTF is wrong with this country.

35. White people still won’t get it. Explain it away, maybe blame the victim? Which mechanism will they roll out to save their confirmation bias this time?

36. the more the facts come out the worse Bennett looks…..first of all, there were gun shots and as police approached the casino, looking for a possible shooter, they yelled for everyone in the casino to stand down..so that is man or woman, white black, whatever, Mr. Bennett according to the report at las vegas sun, willfully chose to run for whatever reason, immediately making him a suspect, not because of his race, but because of his actions, then he hops the wall and gets pinned down…and also after the incident when asked says he had no problem with the police actions…now when it’s learned the policeman had no body cam, he potentially uses it as an opportunity to make his flag protests more worthy…so decide for yourself, to me it further enforces when many of us traditionalist already believe….and it’s very sad that as we await another joyful event, the opening of an NFL season, that this is what the NFL has become, not an escape from our cultures that test us, but for more race dividing tendencies, and the worst part of all of this we have an NFL Commissioner that refers to Mr. Bennett as “The Best of The NFL” that statement in itself makes me not want to watch NFL football anymore until Mr. Goodell is gone….respectfully eg

37. “staffordisbetterthanyourteamsqb says:

September 7, 2017 at 5:20 am”

Maybe you’re right about police profiling and racism. However, as we learn more about the incident, this particular situation isn’t the hill you want to die on. The best information we have says that police responded to a possible shooting incident, instructed a bunch of people in a room to stay where they were, and Bennett made the decision to run. If that is true, then the only thing we can accurately conclude is that Bennett was treated the way he was because he ran.

I believe that there are communities in our nation who have had bad experiences with law enforcement, and have stories that need to be heard. However, when ever those voices are careless about which situations they hold up as evidence of those experiences, it destroys the credibility of the message and pushes away people who might otherwise have compassion for your situation. If you want my sympathy and my support, then stop trying to distort situations to make them fit your narrative.

If Micheal Bennett was one of many people given a lawful order to remain where they were, and Micheal Bennett was the only one of those people to make a decision to run, then the “poor black man singled out because of his skin color” narrative is left in shambles. If, on the other hand, a crowd of people ran, and police pursued the only black man who ran (Bennett), then we’re having a different conversation.

38. staffordisbetterthanyourteamsqb says:
    September 7, 2017 at 5:20 am
    ————————————————————————————————————————–
    Because we often see innocent people running through a casino, especially millionaires!

39. It’s really a shame to see people just blindly side with police like this. I’m sure it’s not the same idiots who condemn him for protesting during the anthem. If Bennett didn’t produce a weapon then there’s no reason for the police to draw there’s, and there’s NEVER any excuse for that “I’ll blow your head off” cowboy BS by the cops, act like professionals. I don’t care if it’s a 100 lb girl or an NFL D-lineman, there’s several of you, one of him. Get it done, or go sell cellphones in the mall, just like you’d tell Bennett if he wasn’t performing well on the field for your team. This country is so full of mindless, blindly allegiant automatons with WAY too much respect for and acceptance of authority. Frightening.

40. The Packers will regret signing Bennett. I saw an interview with both Bennett’s a while back….victim based thinkers looking for any reason to claim racism. I’m sorry, but I’m not taking Michael Bennett’s word for anything. The video I have seen shows no impropriety.

———————————-

As a Pats fan can tell you this is not true. Weird dude for sure but probably one of the most intelligent guys in the league. He stepped up big with no complaints about his role either before or after Gronk went down. Also did not create any drama when Pats showed no real interest in extending his contract.

Further, whatever your politics, all Martellus is saying here is that he was worried about his brother. I know if my brother had been in that situation I would feel the same way. Dogging the guy for caring about his brother so that you can shoehorn your politics into a comment is pathetic and hypocritical. Marty B does not mention race, cops, or politics – literally says “sometimes a hug is the best thing you can give.” What a monster.

41. It is indeed dangerous, when the attorney general of the United States encourages police departments across the country to racially profile minorities by abandoning the agreements the DOJ has with some police departments to reform their past practices. When the President pardons a sheriff found guilty of violating court orders to stop racially profiling people, police departments are emboldened to act violently. The Utah nurse who refused to let a policeman do something illegal by drawing blood from an unconscious patient was treated harshly by police. It is really really dangerous out there.

42. “Jesse Mossholder says:

September 7, 2017 at 7:33 am”

I get what you’re saying, but how does distorting the facts of a situation so that it fits the “racist cops” narrative help bring people to your side of the conversation?

How many has the media been quick to try and fit these situations into that narrative, only to later be proven wrong after the real details of the story come out? How many times have we seen communities and lives torn apart over something that is later to be proven a lie?

Claiming racism on a foundation of sand destroys the credibility of anyone who cares about race relations and unity. It’s divisive, and drives away people who might be inclined to see things your way. People don’t like being lied to. Lie to them enough times, and they will become cynical to your message so that when a real situation of racism occurs, it will fall on deaf ears.

43. mcmccii says:
    September 7, 2017 at 8:49 am
    _____________________________________________________________________________

I sure do love it when an entire race is lumped in to one sort of way and then used in public to try and shame them. Doesn’t EVERY race love being stereotyped?

44. Police are always hiring. Are the oppressed folk encouraging the young to go into law enforcement? Or are we just interested in sport signing days? Love the show LivePD. I can see why cops have no patience for people that don’t listen.

45. “Do what the police say and that will not happen”.

Oh sure, we live in an authoritarian state where we have to blindly accept all police (state authority enforcers) commands. The police say jump, we jump, just like the good puppets we’re supposed to be.

46. – Listen to the police and this doesn’t happen
    – confused why this video was being watched in an NFL team meeting

47. Serious question: when the jury acquits these two Hispanic officers for arresting a guy for ten minutes and then releasing him unharmed after initially suspecting him of being the source of gunshots that sent hundreds fleeing a casino because he was spotted hiding and then fled the police, is that acquittal racist or not?

48. Try something different…listen to the cops, don’t run when they tell you to stop. This works for most people even black people but life is less exciting that way for sure.

49. if I was worried about seeing my kids I wouldn’t be hanging out in Vegas after the largest fight in recent history….common sense would tell me nothing good is gonna happen…..

50. 1. Anyone with an IQ higher than their shoe size knows video is just as suspect and open to interpretation as any other form of evidence – just ask any fan who had their team jobbed by an instant replay review

2. It would seem that this incident hinges upon whether or not Bennett heard an officer identify himself as police. It would be entirely reasonable, under those “heightened circumstances,” that Bennett thought the man shouting at him was indeed the shooter. If the officer, a person who is trained and on the clock, can be excused for misidentifying the threat, can we not excuse Bennett, a civilian out for a good time, for being a little panicked?

51. cardinealsfan20 says:
    September 7, 2017 at 9:37 am

“Do what the police say and that will not happen”.

………

Not sure if you seen the part of the report the cops were called for shots fired and when they arrive a large man is running and hiding from the cops. Did you read this whole story first???

52. In the videos that I have watched regarding this situation, I saw the police pass numerous non-Caucasian people while looking for the possible shooter. If, as many people are suggesting, the arrest was racially motivated, why didn’t they just round up all of the non-Caucasians, and run them in? I’m not saying that incidents of racial profiling don’t occur, but, if you are running from the scene (after being told to stay put), you are getting detained, I don’t care what color you are.

53. cardinealsfan20 says:
    September 7, 2017 at 9:37 am
    “Do what the police say and that will not happen”.

———————–

As a general rule of thumb in a charged situation more often than not it is a good idea to follow the instructions of an armed authority. A ‘good puppet’ lives to fight another day and achieve recourse in a more civilized environment than what police believe is a live shooter situation. It says a lot that it doesn’t occur to you that if there were an active shooter at the scene there was one less responder available to help because they were dealing with someone who didn’t follow instructions. But hey by all means you go ahead and exercise what you perceive as your right to resist armed authority while they are in the midst of trying to ensure the public safety, no doubt you will be dead right.

54. cardinealsfan20 says:
    September 7, 2017 at 9:37 am
    “Do what the police say and that will not happen”.

____________________________________________________

the only people who are worried about this aren’t the ones following the law. I was pulled over the other day by a cop. i turned off the ignition, had my hands in plain view, and made eye contact when speaking with respect. He immediately was nice and cool to me.

you get what you give.

55. So it happened over 10 days ago yet we only are hearing about this now?? The big mouth Bennett brothers never keep quiet. Very strange!

56. He should have watched the video of Bennett ignoring police commands and running when told to stop. For God’s sake, they were searching for a reported active shooter. Everyone seemed to be able to listen to police instructions except Michael Bennett. The police were investigating a crime and had no description. They come upon Bennett and instead of following directions, he sprints out the door. They would have chased ANYONE in the same situation. If you think this is racism or unjust you are an idiot.

57. Bennett does not look good in this situation as more facts come out. If you don’t want to be treated like a suspect, don’t run from the cops. Why is this so hard to understand? I’m an old white guy and I would have been tackled if I had acted the way Bennett did.

58. I’m white and have had police be aggressive with me…

because sometimes you tend to be in aggressive situations and police are always at risk.
    Damn shame it always has to be about race as opposed to about the police defusing the situation the way they know how.

The uproar of social injustice is getting louder and louder for no reason. It’s going to boil over and be a mess very very soon I am sure.

59. In the end this whole thing will be chalked up to be “a guy hit in the head too many times who felt “disrespected” because he is a pro football player and was treated like any other citizen by the police in a possible “shots fired” situation”.

60. The Packers will regret signing Bennett.
    =====

No, they won’t.

The Packers talent level is waning. The offense isn’t anywhere near what it was in 2010 when they won the Super Bowl. They needed a quality TE, and Bennett is just that.

There is an out in his contract after this year, if it doesn’t work out, they’ll simply move on.

And nobody manages their cap better than the Packers. If they decide to move on after 2018, that won’t be a big deal either.

61. aj66shanghai says:
    September 7, 2017 at 10:05 am

It shouldn’t be a battle. How to prevent it is simple, obey a lawful order. We can’t have everyone deciding for themselves in a situation like this. The only reason for this battle is the knee jerk reaction to any POC being arrested, detained. Never his fault, always the cop.

62. None of us were there. Why does it have to be a political battle? Why does everyone want to argue about it but nobody wants to figure out how we can avoid these kinds of incidents in the future?
    =====

Its the (new) American way.

First we blame someone.

Then we debate the merit of the blame.

Then we b!tch and squabble about it until we’re can’t stand it any longer.

Then the lawyers and courts take over, and they reach a decision none of us like.

.. just the way the government wants it. Divided we stand.

63. The police use to be taught to not get their guns out. Only as a last resort. Now they are trained to get their guns out if they feel threatened.

Modern training is to use force and aggression. It’s very similar to military training and that is the problem. The training is what has failed and why police violence has been on the rise since 911. They are not suppose to be counter terrorist unit.” They are suppose to be Peace Officers first and foremost. To protect and serve citizens. They exist to serve society, not the other way around.

Long line of both military and police in my family.

64. cardinealsfan20 says:
    September 7, 2017 at 9:37 am
    “Do what the police say and that will not happen”.

——————–
    In a charged situation where there is potential risk to health and safety…yes. You follow police orders. The important thing at that moment isnt anyones feelings or sense of righteousness, its insuring that the risk to health and safety is resolved. Yes we all have rights, but we have to use some common sense when to press that point and when it is neccesary for everyone to tolerate a little inconvenience and especially put away any chips on shoulders. Public health and safety come first and foremost.

65. White people get roughed up all the time too, and? Bennett has a 500 times better chance of getting harmed by another black than by the police but he doesn’t want to talk about that since A)it’s true and B) it doesn’t match his victim mentality that calls for him to blame whites and the police for all his troubles.

66. Oh my. “Police used to be trained to not have their guns out”????? Are you kidding? Maybe if this was a traffic stop, but this was a situation where there was an active shooter at large. Proper training is finger OFF the trigger. “I’m not a cop, I never studied the law, but this isn’t the way it works, because I saw it on Facebook”. What’s hilarious is that Brenner could have run into the shooter had he not been detained. Kids and the stove, that’s what needs to happen. Don’t want to listen, then you get burnt. Common sense, really. But that’s asking way to much of these folks, they don’t have brains and can’t be expected to think for themselves.

67. Though many here are already too biased to change perspective, it might help if you knew all details of the story. Here are some relevant points:

1. The Vegas police have acknowledged that Bennett had a complaint about an officer putting a gun to his head on the day of the incident.

2. The same Vegas police didn’t begin an internal investigation until AFTER Bennett went public with the story.

3. the video that the Vegas police showed appears to show an officer holding something to Bennett’s head.

4. Finally, the officer in question either did not have a body camera, or did not have it turned on.

I find myself suspicious of this whole affair. Why would the police have waited to investigate until bennett went public with his allegations, considering that he had already complained to them about a specific officer, and why didn’t that officer have camera footage??

68. MLK Jr.:”I have a dream that there will come a day when my children are judged not on the color of their skin but on the content of their character.”

Has that day come?

I say it has.

Thumbs up it has. Thumbs down it hasn’t. Full disclosure – I vote thumbs up.

Let the games begin.

69. He should have watched the video of Bennett ignoring police commands and running when told to stop. For God’s sake, they were searching for a reported active shooter. Everyone seemed to be able to listen to police instructions except Michael Bennett. The police were investigating a crime and had no description. They come upon Bennett and instead of following directions, he sprints out the door. They would have chased ANYONE in the same situation. If you think this is racism or unjust you are an idiot.

________________________
    They would have chased a white female who ran? Really? This was a crowd of over 100 situation. Now imagine the mall shooting where people are fleeing for safety. Do you flee or do you stop because in the crowd you hear a cop yell stop and you have no idea who they are talking to and you certainly know they aren’t talking to you because you have not done anything. You do just like all the other people did and the people who escape a crazed shooter in the mall and YOU RUN TO SAFETY. You don’t expect “Barney Fife” to be chasing down any old running person-because EVERYBODY IS RUNNING!!!!

70. As much as I dislike the packers, I can’t believe they signed a Bennett brother. They are the opposite of what the packers are about. TT finally signs a FA and messes it up.