Steelers sign Stephen Tuitt to six-year deal

Getty Images

Steelers defensive lineman Stephen Tuitt won’t be leaving Pittsburgh any time soon.

Tuitt, who had been entering the final season of his rookie contract, has signed a six-year contract extension.

“This is one of the best organizations to be a part of, especially for a guy like me,” said Tuitt. “I [came in] as a young guy, super raw. I have some great coaches who have helped me and I have seen my game pick up, my confidence level rise, my leadership ability rise. Being a part of an organization like this, I can see why a lot of great players come from here, a lot of Hall of Fame players come from here. I love the organization.”

The Steelers drafted Tuitt out of Notre Dame with a second-round pick in 2014. He started 14 games last season.

27 responses to “Steelers sign Stephen Tuitt to six-year deal

1. September 9, 2017 at 12:59 pm
    Love this signing!

1 0 Rate This

——

even if it means bell being a cancer all year and ben retiring next year?

also; long term deals
    like that are usually a killer

if colbert backloaded it, due to a current cap hell, you are in trouble

2. @tylawspick6 This signing has nothing to do with Bell or Ben. Neither of them are going to behave any differently because of Tuitt signing. Also, the Steelers actually have a good bit of cap space this year, no reason to backload it.

3. tylawspick6 says:
    September 9, 2017 at 1:22 pm

even if it means bell being a cancer all year and ben retiring next year?

*************************************

Yeah, Ben’s just been biding his time until the Steelers signed Tuitt to a six-year deal. Now he can go ahead and retire in piece. Making sense as usual.

And if Bell’s going to be a cancer, he’s going to do it with or without Tuitt being locked up.

4. Typical steeler fan nonsense. Best 3-4 DL in the business? Not even close. Good not great player. Good sign though.

5. tedmurph says:
    September 9, 2017 at 3:31 pm

You are serious Teddy about Steeler fan nonsense….are you? Does the name Tylawspic6 sound familiar? Read a thread about Belichek or Brady if you want to see drooling and fauning in extreme.

He is a good DL, but not the best…..yet.

6. even if it means bell being a cancer all year and ben retiring next year?

also; long term deals
    like that are usually a killer

if colbert backloaded it, due to a current cap hell, you are in trouble
    ———

It’s actually front loaded. So I guess that means you think it’s a good deal there buddy.

7. ineptguy8 says:
    September 9, 2017 at 1:46 pm

23 2 Rate This

you have one of the highest paid qbs with no future qb in place, a delusional hold out at rb who will walk at the end of the season and
    an overpaid wr.

makes any resignings almost pointless

the steelers need draft picks for a rebuild

8. so far, the best look is that colbert has not caved to bell, but don’t kid yourself here..ben and bell gone next year with a full on rebuild coming,
    makes any resignings almost pointless

the steelers need draft picks for a rebuild

0 10 Rate This

Get some sleep Ty you have lost your mind, but you could find it in your dreams. Ben is signed for two more years, Bell has one more year n a tag, and Brown is not over paid as a top three wideout. Oh Ty, every team needs draft picks to build even Bill the Checker Champ.

9. tylawspick6 says:
    September 9, 2017 at 1:22 pm
    September 9, 2017 at 12:59 pm
    Love this signing!

1 0 Rate This

——

even if it means bell being a cancer all year and ben retiring next year?

also; long term deals
    like that are usually a killer

if colbert backloaded it, due to a current cap hell, you are in trouble
    __________________
    And there it is. tylawspick6 gets in another “cap hell” comment regarding a team signing a player. I knew he could do it!!! Unless it’s BB and the Patriots, the greatest armchair GM in world, will pontificate your team’s signings as putting the team into “cap hell.” Don’t disagree or you’re “obtuse.” (he loves Shawshank Redemption I guess).

I don’t see how anyone can claim anything about this resigning causing “cap hell” with NO DETAILS RELEASED YET. Not that it would be, but 6 yrs @ league minimum would be pocket change in regards to the cap, 6 yrs @ 17mill would cause cap hell. But the prognosticator has pontificated so he must be right. I mean a broken watch is still right twice a day, so keep on posting “Cap Hell” for all 31 other teams not located in NE in hopes you can be right, twice…

10. jman967 says:
    September 9, 2017 at 4:11 pm
    even if it means bell being a cancer all year and ben retiring next year?

also; long term deals
    like that are usually a killer

if colbert backloaded it, due to a current cap hell, you are in trouble
    ———

9 3 Rate This

——

please post the contract details so we can see if you are lying or not

11. I’m not responsible for p6’s posts or anybody else’s. Except my own. Tuitt is not even the best DE on his own team.

12. murph2432 says:
    September 9, 2017 at 8:23 pm
    I’m glad to see TyLawpick6 is okay. I didn’t see him on the boards after Pats lost that night or the next day.
    ____________
    HAHAHA, I thought the same thing. You know, trolls hide under their bridge when they are frightened.

13. Steelers continue to lock up their key players. And to all the Patsies fans making their typical snarky comments, if Tuitt was on the Patsies, he would probably be their best DL. You don’t give up over 500 yards of offense if your defense is decent.