Chris Foerster resigns after drug video emerges

Getty Images

It didn’t take long for the strange story of Dolphins offensive line coach Chris Foerster to reach its logical conclusion.

The Dolphins issued a statement saying Foerster is resigning his post today.

“I am resigning from my position with the Miami Dolphins and accept full responsibility for my actions,” he said. “I want to apologize to the organization and my sole focus is on getting the help that I need with the support of my family and medical professionals.”

After video of Foerster snorting white powder with a rolled up $20 bill emerged last night, the Dolphins issued the kind of statement that you issue when you don’t know what else to say.

This morning, they added a little more.

“We were made aware of the video late last night and have no tolerance for this behavior, the team statement read. “After speaking with Chris this morning, he accepted full responsibility and we accepted his resignation effective immediately. Although Chris is no longer with the organization, we will work with him to get the help he needs during this time.”

Foerster’s the second offensive line coach they’ve had to jettison in recent years, after Jim Turner was let go as a result of the Jonathan Martin-Richie Incognito bullying scandal.

79 responses to “Chris Foerster resigns after drug video emerges

1. “gonna be a while before we can do this again, cause I know you’re keeping that baby”

yikes

2. The only thing more stupid than snorting coke, hastening the destruction of your body, is publishing it online.

Whey a complete, total, 100% moron.

3. bondlake says:
    October 9, 2017 at 10:36 am

Whey a complete, total, 100% moron.

——

Snorting pills might be dumber… tough call though. Concur with the rest though.

4. “I accept full responsibility for my actions”

What does this mean? You got fired dude, you had no choice in the matter.

5. If he would have failed a drug text he would have claimed it was just pot and everyone would feel sorry for him and not question it. Like every single player does.

6. I hate drugs and drug use. I have a valid reason because they caused my son to have to have a heart transplant.
    I grew up in the 50’s and 60’s and I’ve seen what alcohol abuse and drug abuse have done to far too many people I know. It sickens me.
    How sad it is to see people destroyed by these things. Don’t forget — this man has a family who are ultimately the ones who pay the real price for his addiction — trust me, I know.
    I feel sorry for this coach, but I feel more sorry for his family. I hope he gets help and beats his addiction before it’s too late.

7. angrydave38 says:
    October 9, 2017 at 10:53 am
    we’ve all been there before … I mean cocaine is a helluva drug.

2 2 Rate This

———————

Surprised it took so many posts before someone quoted the great Rick James.

lmao

8. Michael E says:
    October 9, 2017 at 10:57 am

1 0 Rate This

—————–

“It was just pot” – Von Miller in 2011 and 2013 after testing positive twice for amphetamines?PEDS.

9. This is also a reflection on HC Adam Gates who has not made many good decisions with his play calling. Foerster was so bad that he snorts coke in his office and the HC does not see how bad he’s managing the OL. What would have happened if the video had not surfaced of Chris Foerster snorting.

10. Michael E says:
    October 9, 2017 at 10:57 am
    =====

LOL- thanks for your opinion, doctor. You know that’s not how drug tests work, right? They can actually tell what drug is in your system.

11. “I want to apologize to the organization and my sole focus is on getting the help that I need with the support of my family and medical professionals.”

I hope so. Kudos to him resigning instead of dragging the team through his mess.

12. stillabengalsfan says:

October 9, 2017 at 10:40 am

bondlake says:
    October 9, 2017 at 10:36 am

Whey a complete, total, 100% moron.

——

Snorting pills might be dumber… tough call though. Concur with the rest though.
    —————————————
    I think those are pills, something very easy to get in an NFL locker room.

13. Great! The coaching of the offensive line has sucked!! C’mon Gase, get somebody that can coach. The line is good they just need some coaching. This was a godsend.

14. What a dumb A _ _ ! I have yet to even have a skype conversation… but I can guarantee whenever I do… I won’t be doing some blow… who knows where this stuff goes, where it’s stored… and in this case… he trusted a stripper! Rule #1… Don’t trust STRIPPERS!

15. nyneal says:
    October 9, 2017 at 11:00 am

0 0 Rate This

———————–

Well, drugs are illegal and people still get their hands on them anyway, so it’s really not the reason why people choose to do drugs or not. So, that’s one issue with your take. The other is some people are weak or quickly turn to these vices to cope with something else in their life they cannot handle while sober. That has nothing to do if something is legal or not.

From there, it’s a huge waster of money and resources to not have drugs legalized (at least marijuana like it was pre 1937), for a windfall of tax revenue for the feds and at the state level, to build more rehab clinics to get people into rehab who want it, but can’t afford it.

Also, you could improve police quality and teacher quality by paying them more if you legalized and taxed drugs. More, quality people would want to be a police officer and teacher, hence upping the quality and amounts into the poorer communities. The amount of money at the state’s disposal, that they are not capturing due to the failed war on drugs, technically as a race based policy, also tied to poor whites, is one of the biggest rackets in world history. Mandatory minimums and private prisons have destroyed as many lives as drugs themselves.

What is your opinion on alcohol and tobacco being legal or the abundance of fast food restaurants? None of those are healthy, yet we enable addicts with those, too.

16. Okay, I know I’ll get a lot of thumbs down for what I have said and others will call me names. But walk a mile in my shoes and then you’d know why I feel as I do.

Drug use and addiction have affected every American, whether they know it or not. I’m sorry your son fell into the throes of addiction, but your story is not unique and your hard-line stance on every “substance” you deem dangerous does not constitute a reasonable nor informed solution to addressing substance abuse.

17. promickey says:
    October 9, 2017 at 11:04 am

————–

The media is very quick to jump on a team or a young coach to praise. They’re premature to do it because they’re tired of talking about the successful, proven, older coaches.

18. Maybe the coaches need more random drug screens than the players? It might explain some of the play calling around the league!

And the person in question says she has more videos…who could be next?

19. Read the statement of the woman who posted the video… what a disgusting human being she sounds like. Ruined a guy’s life to make a point about something neither she nor this coach has anything to do with.

It’s easy to say he ruined his own life – yes, taking drugs is unwise and recording a video like this incredibly foolish – but this was exposed out of pure spite, amoral carelessness for another human being.

20. kevpft says:
    October 9, 2017 at 11:34 am

=====================================

Good point.

21. lukedunphysscienceproject says:
    October 9, 2017 at 11:07 am
    Michael E says:
    October 9, 2017 at 10:57 am
    =====

____________________________________________________________

LOL, you are the one who apparently doesn’t know how it works in the NFL. The operative phrase was “Like every single player does.” The CBA requires absolute confidentiality when it comes to the substance involved in a failed test so in the case of NFL players that is exactly how drug tests work. That’s why it’s always “just pot” when a player fails a test. The player or his people are the ones who control any word that gets out and they know no one cares about pot. The language requiring confidentiality is pretty standard as regards contract employees although of course we have no idea what the boilerplate in coaches contracts looks like. The poster you are mocking was right but thanks for the entertainment.

22. frum slum says ” he was the line coach”
    that was worth getting up today to read.hilarious

23. I will never understand why a middle age man would send a video of himself doing blow to someone. That’s the kind of thing I expect from a dumb college kid.

24. nyneal says:
    October 9, 2017 at 11:00 am

“It’s why I have zero tolerance for people who want to legalize drugs. I think it’s a sad day when we legalize things which have helped destroy so many peoples’ lives.

We appreciate your experience, but to imply that there should be legal consequences doesn’t do well for anyone, including his family. Addictions are victimless crimes and we don’t need more laws to bottleneck the court system.

25. 52 year old Dolphins fan here, for you youngsters out there, believe it or not, the Dolphins were once the standard for every other sports organization out there, they had the winningest percentage for a long time. The memories have long faded for me of those days, all I remember now is 63-7 playoff loss to Jacksonville, 1-15 season, one coach after another who was going to bring us to the promised land, Johnson, Parcells, Saban, taking Culpepper over Brees, bullygate, players kneeling, and now a coach snorting coke.
    It’s really difficult staying a fan let me tell you.

26. jovan1984 says:
    October 9, 2017 at 12:33 pm

He deserved to be exposed. Maybe now the troglodytes will take matters such as race seriously.

========================================

Yes, this will do it! Las Vegas escort and CK will lead us to a better tomorrow.
    Can’t wait…

27. Maybe the Dolphins can get a better offensive line coach now. In all seriousness I understand why some people take a hard stance on drugs, but creating more laws to criminalize illegal drugs when it’s mostly the legal drugs that do the most damage seems like sketchy logic. I can empathize with folks whose lives have been ruined by drugs, yet there’s more damage in the drug war itself than actual drugs loss of fathers and economic downturn being the two main side effects.

28. Being an idiot and riding that train. You can’t fix stupid and all of the medical help in the world will not cure stupid.

29. Miami hired him. They must have known what they were doing.

I can imagine him drawing up pass blocking, replacing the x’s and o’s, with F’s and U’s. That OL is a turnstile.

If you want to get down, get down on the ground, cocaine
    If you need to block, get out of the way, cocaine

She don’t lie, she don’t lie, …

30. briscoecountyjr – replying to nyneal: “We appreciate your experience, but to imply that there should be legal consequences doesn’t do well for anyone”.

Disclaimer unnecessary. There’s no experience to appreciate, his entire story was fabricated.

31. pafinsfan says:
    October 9, 2017 at 12:19 pm
    It’s really difficult staying a fan let me tell you.

12 1 Rate This

———————-

Your owner is a money-grabbing gimmick-based owner, hence why your team is like that.

32. lukedunphysscienceproject says:
    October 9, 2017 at 11:07 am
    Michael E says:
    October 9, 2017 at 10:57 am
    =====

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Yes, you are correct. They can tell what the drugs taken were. But, they cannot identify them to the public and cannot publicly refute the claims made by the guy that got caught. A player or coach can take heroin, cocaine, LSD or whatever then get busted for it and claim it was just pot…then the potheads feel sorry for him and start their “legalize it” arguments.

33. “For those who defend marijuana as a harmless drug, I say they’re wrong. My son started with booze, then went to marijuana. But neither of them were enough. So he went to cocaine. He’ll be the first to tell you how wrong people who say marijuana is harmless are. He knows better and so do I.”

You are right and you are wrong. You are right that for people with addictive personality disorder, any and all drugs (including alcohol) are not harmless — they will abuse and self-destruct at some point.

But a majority of people are able to use alcohol and marijuana both in moderation and without seeking the “next level” of high. Sorry about what you and your son have gone through.

34. “A player or coach can take heroine, cocaine, LSD or whatever they got busted for and claim it was just pot”.

Why do you care? What possible difference does a player or coach lying about their drug use make in your life? Their lies don’t make you a better person.

35. thanks for your opinion, doctor. You know that’s not how drug tests work, right? They can actually tell what drug is in your system.

You know that legally they can’t reveal what drug it is.

36. “Hi honey, Im home. Just got fired for filming myself vacuuming coke and my stripper broke up with me today. How was your day dear? What’s for dinner?”

37. Really curious if anyone within the Dolphins organization saw anything odd in Foerster’s behavior or if he functioned and coached in a normal way. Maybe they should seek to find out more and drug test everyone within the organization. Hard to believe that no-one knew nothing.

38. Not the only coach who does the occasional rail. Man, even Jimmy Fallon is a cokehead. The REAL problem here is the guy videotaped it and in the most cavalier of tones mentions candidly that he’s knocked up a Vegas stripper. Major issues but not as “rare” as we might like to think.