Getty Images

Patriots quarterback Tom Brady has a well-earned reputation for not getting rattled, but Dolphins receiver Kenny Stills decided to try on Sunday.

When the Patriots’ offense was on the field, Stills could be seen on the sideline yelling at Brady. He said after the game that he thought it might help.

“I just was hollering at him all game,” Stills said, via Tom Curran of NBC Sports. “We feel like if we can get in his head, that’s the best way to try and win this game. I was trying to do my part.”

Stills said he has nothing personal against Brady, just hoped he could help his team.

“I did everything I could to mess with him and get in his head. I talked to him after the game. He hears me. He’s laughing. We’re all just having a good time,” Stills said.

Whatever Stills thought he could do, it didn’t work: Brady threw four touchdown passes and the Patriots cruised to a 35-17 win.

74 responses to “Dolphins’ Kenny Stills: I talked to Tom Brady all game, trying to get in his head

1. Meanwhile, you had 1 key catch the entire game and were totally taken out.

This is why Miami sucks. They completely ignore the qualities NE looks for in players, with good football IQ, selflessness, and hard work with a humble approach.

This loser spent all his energy mouthing off, and for what?

2. “We feel like if we can get in his head, that’s the best way to try and win this game. I was trying to do my part.”
    ——-
    Really? No wonder you guys are 4-7.

3. Awesome….

An opposing WR, and a scrub one at that is trying to get in the head of the 40 year old GOAT ???

Talk about ” Not thinking this one through”

4. Imagine the uproar if the situation was reversed.

NFL should be renamed to cognitive dissonance.

5. I met Kenny Stills last week. He’s so soft spoken that I was standing right next to him and could barely hear what he was saying. Then again, I’m not Tom Brady.

6. floriosnuts says:
    November 27, 2017 at 10:58 am
    Kenny will need a new tactic for MNF in 2 weeks.

1 0 Rate This

——————

Those idiots will come out like their hair is on fire for that game, and they’ll get bludgeoned even worse, once the predictable let down expires in the 1st qtr.

It’s comical to me how arrogant these little piddly franchises are, thinking they are on the same level as the Pats, simply because they think they are entitled to be.

7. Kevin & Melissa Knecht says:
    November 27, 2017 at 10:56 am
    LOL Kenny Stills was 9 years old when Brady started winning Super Bowls.

——————–

…..and Brady might still be winning them nine years after Stills retires.

8. Geez, kid…17 years in the league and you think he can be rattled by some JAG on the sidelines running his mouth?

9. Stills and Jarvis Landry have to be some of the dumbest people in football: Landry for getting upset that Gase didn’t challenge the incompletion call after Landry clearly dropped it. Stills is dumb for poking a bear.

10. I swear if other teams would just follow the “do your job” mantra it wouldn’t be such a easy road for NE to go 12 -4ish every year with what seams like a lifetime ticket to the ACF Title game.

11. With five (5) Super Bowl rings under his (Brady’s) belt — besting Montana and T.B. — jus’ keep’on tryin’ fool lol 😩

12. Like Forrest Gump trying to get into the mind of a Jedi. But kind of cute that he thought hollering from the sidelines was going to have some sort of impact.

13. It was probably hard for Brady to hear him while listening to Josh McDonald telling him what to do next.

14. Lol Kenny; Tom Brady is having fun with your trash talk. I understand that because he’s winning. However you’re having fun trash talking in a one sided losing effort.

15. tylawspick6 says:
    November 27, 2017 at 10:51 am
    Meanwhile, you had 1 key catch the entire game and were totally taken out.

This loser spent all his energy mouthing off, and for what?
    ———————————————————————————–

The person that seems like a loser is you. You’re taking this sports thing wayyyyyyy to seriously. The game is filled with alphas and people who talk a little trash. Like Stills said, they were just having a good time.

16. The GOAT has extraordinary mental toughness. He didn’t have to use very much of it to completely disregard this guy.

17. I can see if it’s coming from a person that is relevant, like Aaron Rodgers or Drew Brees, then maybe. But Kenny Stills? Probably just white noise to him.

18. shogunassasin30 says:
    November 27, 2017 at 11:39 am
    tylawspick6 says:
    November 27, 2017 at 10:51 am
    Meanwhile, you had 1 key catch the entire game and were totally taken out.

This loser spent all his energy mouthing off, and for what?
    ———————————————————————————–

0 5 Rate This

—————-

You must be one of those creepy Millennials that acts like it’s normal, respected and worthy with what Stills did, all entitled like Stills is.

Hint: You’re not going to make it in our society.

Screaming like a moron while you suck and being paid millions is not good leadership, 100 years ago or today.

Yes, he is a loser, as apparently you are, supporting it. It’s comical he even admitted to this after being completely dominated for the entire game.

19. “But once I got into his head, I discovered it was nothing but mansions, trophies, and supermodels as far as the eye could see. I want to stay, you can’t make me leave!”

20. patsfan4lifesbchamps says:
    November 27, 2017 at 11:31 am

#fakepatriotsfan

21. Players probably do dumb stuff like that throughout games. The crazy part is walking up to a reporter after getting blown out and talking about how he might have got into Brady’s head. Do you think holding Brady to 4 TD passes is worth bragging about? just not smart….

22. Thinking about this a little more it just shows how immature Stills or any player that would do this or do anything but ignore the kind of childish comments he was screaming. The fact he thinks it might have had any effect on Brady or any other experienced player shows a level of stupidity that while unsurprising doesn’t make him look very good.

23. patsfan4lifesbchamps says:
    November 27, 2017 at 11:31 am

Tee hee 🙂 Everyone knows that every Patriot Hater really isn’t very bright but I think it’s hilarious they try to demonstrate it to us over and over again every day!

🙂

24. You mean the guy who has been to 7 super bowls and won 5 isn’t bothered by a guy talking junk? Unbelievable!! The only reason to talk trash to Tom Brady is if you need that to get yourself pumped up because words won’t affect his play only actions.

25. Maybe for the rematch he should bring some laser pointers to distract Brady with from the sideline, unless he thinks that TB “only” throwing for 4 TDs was due to his squawking from the sidelines…

26. A #3 WR on a hapless team is going to rattle a QB that’s played in 7 Super Bowls and 11 AFC title games? Come on man.

27. The Patriots had a bad snap that cost them 7, Brady threw an INT, Brady fumbled and recovered but was sacked, the Patriots botched a close punt instead of trying a long FG and they blew a 4th and 1 instead of kicking a reasonable FG. All that went wrong and the Patriots still won by 18 and Miami were never in the game from the beginning.

Score could have conservatively been 44-10 if the Patriots had made less mistakes. Miami had no chance.

28. I also noticed Jarvis kept a low profile. Having said that what on earth was Stills thinking. I truly beleive most wide receivers are daft, did he really think that would work. Even if Brady would have had an indifferent game which is rare his stupid jawing would not have been the reason. Getting open would be a better idea. This team is starting to get on my nerves. Even the 1 & 15 team wasn’t this pathetic. No leadership no,clue. Getting taken behind the bike shed for another beating was expected against this lot it’s those other beatings that’s taking it toll on me. We should be better than this. You could say I was surprised they kept the score under 50, but I am worried that could be coming.

29. I’m sure Tom was all shook up by someone who also plays offense and isn’t even on the field at the same time as he is, yelling at him from the sideline.

30. Wow Kenny……it almost worked for you. You made him laugh so hard he only threw 4 TD’s.

Maybe try standup comedy next since you seen so good at it…..or not.

31. Hilarious. Kenny Stills, kneeler extraordinaire, with nothing between his own ears, thinks he can get in Brady’s head. When did this man decide he matters enough to make something like that work?

I think Kenny should just keep his mouth shut. At this point I think the press is flocking to him just so they can get his next moronic statement on record.

32. Stills, and the rest of the Dolphins could care less about winning!!!

They are, and have been for decades…completely undisciplined and without focus…Watching the game yesterday, cheap shot city, led by Suh…No different than Broncos and Raiders yesterday too…..No respect for their coach…OR their team.

That’s why NE wins…None of the above.

33. Before the game I predicted 35-14 to Pats, and said the Dohphins would just be trashy and dirty all game – I would say to the one third (40 or 50) who thumbed me down “I told you so”, but the big majority who thumbed up my prediction knew it was likely because that’s exactly what happened the last time these teams met last season. I feel sorry for any life-long real fan in Miami, what a total shameful croc that franchise is.