Eagles can clinch NFC East title as soon as Thursday

Getty Images

Just as it’s time to start keeping an eye on draft order, it’s also the time of year when playoff clinching scenarios are a weekly thing.

The league confirmed that the Eagles can be the first to secure a postseason berth, and can do it before they take the field Sunday against the Seahawks Sunday night.

The Eagles (10-1) can clinch the NFC East title with a win or a tie against the Seahawks Sunday night, or a Cowboys loss or a tie Thursday night against Washington.

For all practical purposes this was wrapped up weeks ago, as they’re the only team in the division over .500. But being the first team to clinch a postseason berth in Week 13 underscores how dominant they’ve been all year.

35 responses to “Eagles can clinch NFC East title as soon as Thursday

1. Congrats to a well coached team, loaded with talent, from this Minnesota Vikings fan. You fans are deserving of this. UNLIKE Packer fans who think anything but a blowout win in the Super Bowl is a disappointment!
    It should be one heck of a game if we meet in the Playoffs!

2. Flip over to Dallas articles and you’ll see an interesting dynamic: One month ago, in the eyes of the fans, Prescott was the best thing going on planet Earth. He has a few bad games, and the fans are calling him a bum and begging for Romo. Priceless!

3. I thought that was Charley and Mac. A Fight Milk advertisement.

For Bodyguards, by Bodyguards.

Fight Milk!

4. Philly ran away with their division, but every other team there has been way up on the list of injuries. Yes, every team has to deal with them, but every year a few teams get snakebit and the toll is fatal. This year in the NFC it’s two contenders, geez, the Hawks, Packers, plus all three of the East teams not in Philly, plus Zeke’s suspension. Remember last year when Dallas looked dominant, even for a long run, and then got punched in the mouth in the playoffs? All I’m saying is I’m unconvinced about Philly and don’t think I even can be convinced until the Eggles win a couple of playoff games.

5. Dominated Dallas, Dominated Carolina (even with horrible officiating), Dominated every team this year other then KC and NY. Every fan can make all the excuses they want, but when your still destroying lesser teams by 27+ points with not even there best play….Maybe you guys need to start sucking it up and be put on notice that this team is for real.

6. Cody Laws says:
    November 28, 2017 at 2:05 pm
    Eagles will choke playing against more experience teams in the playoffs.

____________

Like the Vikings and Rams? Oh, no experience either, how about that?

7. Philly ran away with their division, but every other team there has been way up on the list of injuries. Yes, every team has to deal with them, but every year a few teams get snakebit and the toll is fatal. This year in the NFC it’s two contenders, geez, the Hawks, Packers, plus all three of the East teams not in Philly, plus Zeke’s suspension. Remember last year when Dallas looked dominant, even for a long run, and then got punched in the mouth in the playoffs? All I’m saying is I’m unconvinced about Philly and don’t think I even can be convinced until the Eggles win a couple of playoff games.

____________

Injuries like the best LT in football? Their best LB? Their best RB?

Oh, those are just a few of the Eagles injuries you say?

Clowns

8. Eagle’s win NFC East, Eagles win NFC , Eagles win SB. All very nice possibilities Bird’s fans, but then what do you do with that. How does that change your life? When I hear people say “My team has won, now I can die happy” I think that that person really had nothing else to live for and second I think why did you need someone else’s success to make you happy. As a kid it is cool to wear jersey’s and be passionate, but then as life progresses it is sad to see hero worship and pointless energy wasted on something you have no part in.

9. DISPOZBLCOPY, what are you talking about? Phillys top O-lineman(jason peters) is out for the year. Top LB (hicks)out for the year. Maybe the biggest playmaker on offense is out for the year(sproles). Top special teamer(maragos) out for the year. Cox missed a couple games. Lane johnson missed a game n a half. Top corner darby missed 8 games. Top kicker hasnt played since week 1. Lb Kendrick missed a game. Staring safety mcleod missed a game or 2. Philly has just kept ballin out with despite all of these injuries. You don’t know what you are taking about. Just spitting out lies to help your argument.

10. dispozblcopy says:
    November 28, 2017 at 2:16 pm
    ——————————————————-

Dallas got punched in the mouth in the playoffs last year? As I recall it was an amazing game that ended with a game winning field goal with no time left after Aaron Rodgers made an amazing throw on a 3rd and 20 play with 12 seconds left.

11. You know what I find interesting? How Vikings fans come on here and hate on the Eagles. Two things, 1. Philly fans could care less about the Vikings. we usually beat you and actually appreciate your struggle as another fan base who’s never won an SB. Most Philly fans are happy are happy for the Vikings fans. We really don’t care about you until we might have to play you. 2. I think we can all agree that both teams have really good defenses this year but this whole insane “Keenum is playing as well as Wentz” comments that you guys keep making are absolutely delusional and ridiculous! Keenum is playing really good for Case Keenum, but for Godsake! Wentz is the MVP this year and is TEN TIMES better than Keenum in all scenarios! That doesn’t mean you can’t beat the Eagles or anything like that in the playoffs, but comparing the two is an insult to Wentz. We’ll see where this goes but I am not sure why Vikings fans are all of a sudden Eagle haters. It should be a great playoff game, but let’s not be absurd and act like you you guys have a QB in the same class as Wentz.

12. “…plus all three East teams not in philly…”
    Well besides our hall of fame OT, hall of fame punt returner/3rd down back, starting middle linebacker, starting corner and kicker. Yeah other than those we haven’t been hit at all.
    __________________________________________________________________________________

dispozblcopy:

13. I hate to jinx it but it almost looks like Pederson has inherited just the good parts of the Andy Reid coaching mentorship and is growing beyond where Reid so obviously leveled off. Maybe it’s the difference between a guy who played OL and a Quarterback, I don’t know, but Pedey looks like he has an “it” factor that Reid never showed.

14. Youknowimright says:
    November 28, 2017 at 2:34 pm

Yes people, only live for serious things. Don’t waste your time enjoying things like football. How dare you!

15. Philthy is cruising…cruisin for a bruisin. Still many holes on a team that is one year removed from losing 8 straight, a hc everyone wanted to fire and a Qb that threw 16 ints. Plugged some holes with, one year stopgaps–Jeffery and ajai–and have played a last place schedule. It’s cute that the philthy trolls have resurfaced from their holes and making a nuisance of themselves all over social media, but it is going to be hilarious when the hammer comes down and their futility continues, as it has for the franchises entire existence.

16. 1. Philly fans could care less about the Vikings. we usually beat you
    —-

Here’s the last 3 meetings, Vikings lead 2-1 this decade, history wise series is tied at 13. Now the 5 years that McNugget was QB the Eagles did perform quite well so I guess that’s where you’re getting the “usually” from.

10/23/2016 Minnesota Vikings Philadelphia Eagles A Lincoln Financial Field (Philadelphia, PA) L 21-10 69,596
    12/15/2013 Minnesota Vikings Philadelphia Eagles H Hubert H. Humphrey Metrodome (Minneapolis, MN) W 48-30 64,087
    12/28/2010 Minnesota Vikings Philadelphia Eagles A Lincoln Financial Field (Philadelphia, PA) W 24-14 69,144

17. Eagle’s win NFC East, Eagles win NFC , Eagles win SB. All very nice possibilities Bird’s fans, but then what do you do with that. How does that change your life? When I hear people say “My team has won, now I can die happy” I think that that person really had nothing else to live for and second I think why did you need someone else’s success to make you happy. As a kid it is cool to wear jersey’s and be passionate, but then as life progresses it is sad to see hero worship and pointless energy wasted on something you have no part in.

——————————————————————-

Kind of proving my point. Look at how mad I made you talking about the eagles. Your name is eaglesmania for crying out loud. Obviously you take the eagles way too seriously I get it. You may even dump a ton of your pay into tickets. I just want to know why you think routing for a team is so important instead of investing in personal accomplishments, family accomplishments, your kids, countless other things that are more important. I never said live for serious things. I live for tons of fun things, sports teams (besides the ones I coach) being a very small portion of it. OK to enjoy sports but just realize nothing changes win or lose with sports. Please read closely next time.

18. Btw. Claiming Peters is the best LT in football is an insult to REAL football fans. Not even top 5, maybe not even to 10 at the time of his injury.
    —————————————————————–
    The fact that you have zero clue just how great Peters has been and was continuing to be this year before he got hurt just shows how idiotic you are. He’s a first ballot HOFer and EVERY football expert says so, but yeah, we’ll listen to some no nothing big mouth who’s jealous because his crappy team will be looking up at Wentz and the Eagles for the next decade!

19. You’re an idiot. really the Eagles don’t have injuries? Who was kicking the ball last week against the cowgirls? That was a Special Teams Linebacker.
    Who has been playing starting left tackle? Not Jason Peters. He’s been out for more of the season than i can remember.
    Starting Middle Linebacker. Jordan Hicks.
    Starting Running Back. Darren Sproles.
    Starting Cornerback, Ronald Darby. (just returned from 8 weeks out)
    Captain of the Special Teams unit, Chris Maragols Out.
    Multiple players have missed games like Cox and Ertz.

Zeke suspension is unfortunate, He also chose to do it now instead of appealing again. Still, how thin is the Cowgirls offense, than without Zeke and your eft tackle, they suck?

20. All these comments about the Vikings? Really? Lets talk about them, they have a mediocre QB playing well, pathetic running backs, one trick receivers, and a line blocking that hasn’t faced a good defense since Pittsburgh. You understand you fans are throwing rocks in a glass house right? Talk about how easy the eagles have it, but remember the Vikings had it just as easy this year but they are still less talented on both sides of the ball than Philly even with our injuries.

21. sportoficionado, my bad I thought I was commenting with reasonable people. I mean this “philthy” and “cruising for a bruising” comments tell me everything I need to know about you and how dumb it was for me to assume people who are smart or have a clue would be reading. the fact that you don’t think that future first ballot HOF’er Jason Peters is a top 3 lineman STILL only validates that you are just an angry uneducated person. Anyway, good luck with all that hate. The Eagles and Mr. Wentz will be over here working their way to the SB as you make yourself feel better by being a troll. Also, YouKnow, buddy you are a bummer. You’re right, the Eagles winning the SB won’t change my blessed and happy life except to make it even happier if they win the SB. I just feel bad for you buddy. Therapy can do wonders. maybe you and little guy sportoficionado can go together. You can talk about your deadskins and he can talk about how misguided his perspective is. Anyway, you two deserve each other and I wish you little guys the best.

22. dispozblcopy says:
    “Philly ran away with their division, but every other team there has been way up on the list of injuries. ”

Buddy, the eagles have lost the best LT in the game, the best return man/all around RB, a great MLB and one of the best ST players in Maragos… DOOF!

23. jucam1 says:
    November 28, 2017 at 2:43 pm

Most of us are cheering for the Eagles. Don’t listen to the trolls. Unfortunately we’ve got some really bad ones on this site.

24. Youknowimright says:
    November 28, 2017 at 2:34 pm

25. Ah! But it IS valid when a fan from another city says the same about their team?. Keep drinking the stupid juice.

No it is not valid. same can be said for any championship win or any loss. I just choose eagle fans because I live in Philadelphia and see how over the top sports is in this town. Why does this effect your life either way. Ask astro fans effected by the floods if the championship helped them recover any faster. It was a nice distraction but five minutes after the win the reality of their lives set back in. Stupid juice is delicious but the reality juice is even better. Want some?