Packers keep hope alive, Browns winless with OT touchdown

AP

The Browns had a 14-point lead in the fourth quarter of Sunday’s game against the Packers, but even that wasn’t enough to set up their first victory of the season.

Green Bay rallied for a pair of touchdowns in the final 13 minutes of the game and then Josh Jones intercepted a DeShone Kizer pass that should never have been thrown to end the Browns’ first drive of overtime. That meant the Packers needed only a field goal to end the game and that looked like where they headed when Davante Adams caught a short pass on third down. Adams spun out of a tackle, though, and kept running all the way through the end zone for a 27-21 Packers win.

The victory pushes the Packers to 7-6 and keeps their playoff hopes flickering with quarterback Aaron Rodgers due to find out this week if he’ll be medically cleared to return to action.

Should this turn out to be Hundley’s final start of the year, it’s one he can be proud of as he went 35-of-46 for 265 yards and three touchdowns while avoiding the turnovers that would have made a comeback impossible. Adams caught two of the touchdowns with the other one tying the game with seconds to play in regulation.

It was setting up to be a very good day for Kizer as well as he threw three touchdowns as the Browns built their lead, but they couldn’t sustain drives in the fourth quarter and the interception was the kind of killer mistake that many Browns fans were likely waiting to see once the tide started to turn Green Bay’s way.

That blunder came after the Browns let Trevor Davis take a punt 65 yards to set up the tying score and they came as dual reminders that teams don’t go 1-28 over the course of two seasons by accident. They have three chances left to finish the deal, but it’s hard to imagine a much better opportunity than the one they squandered this Sunday.

87 responses to “Packers keep hope alive, Browns winless with OT touchdown

1. I felt embarrassed for Kiser and I don’t even like him. That choke pass was one for the history books.

2. Expected a grinder, and kiddos to the Browns for taking advantage of the Packers banged up and wretched defense. Glad the Packers sucked it up and got the win.

3. Hundley shows signs of being a good qb but he has a long way to go. A win is a win. Could end up 10-6. And so could the Vikes. heh

4. And it really doesn’t matter because the Lions are still out in front! So enjoy your timeless victory against a winless opponent, Packer “fans”.

THE YEAR OF THE CAT IS ALIVE AND KICKING!!!!

5. The Diva Aaron will not play.
    Book it.

Congratulations on the win !
    ——
    Didn’t you predict a browns win earlier this week and follow it up with that over used cliche then too?

6. The Cleveland Browns have the ability to suck down to a science. Does that organization even really want to win?

7. One thing for Hundley, he doesn’t get all clenched up when the game’s winding down. Hope House isn’t too badly hurt. Packer defense did their usual collapses on a lot of third downs, but sure came up with a huge play in OT. Tough road ahead, but still alive!

8. screamingyellowzonkers says:
    December 10, 2017 at 4:35 pm

The Diva Aaron will not play.
    Book it.
    ____________________________________

You realize posting ‘Book it’ about most anything here at PFT pretty much makes the opposite a lock right?

9. Man was this game a nail biter. You can tell Rodgers is itching to play. Sure hope he gets a chance. Sucks that Carolina, Atlanta, Detroit and Dallas all won this week but we’re still in it!

10. I think it’s a sad state of affairs the Packers lose the best QB in the NFL and the other teams in the division can’t close out the division with only three weeks to go. It just shows how much better the packers are than the rest of the NFC north.

11. The Almighty Cabbage says:
    December 10, 2017 at 4:39 pm
    Screamingyellowundies’ fear is the best kind of fear.
    ————————————
    I have no fear. At all. The packers won’t make it to Minny for a playoff game because the Diva won’t play.

We haven’t heard from you in weeks. Where have you been?
    Enjoying your offseason?

12. poor poor tokyo and the rest of the cheesheads, your time will come and Dom Capers will ruin your dreams of a super bowl again. but way to beat a team in OT that was 1-27. good job.

13. commentawaitingdeletion says:
    December 10, 2017 at 4:43 pm
    screamingyellowzonkers says:
    December 10, 2017 at 4:35 pm

The Diva Aaron will not play.
    Book it.
    ____________________________________

———————
    I want Aaron to comeback. I want no excuses from packer fans.

14. I feel so bad for Browns fans. That team doesnt just lose games. No, first it gets them won, and then they lose them. Thats gotta be brutal for the fan base to keep getting a glimmer of hope then having it dashec over and over.

15. screamingyellowzonkers says:
    December 10, 2017 at 4:35 pm
    The Diva Aaron will not play.
    Book it!

———————-
    I actually hope you are right. But not to troll the Packers. I just dont want to risk shortening his career. Even as an opponent he is a joy to watch that I am thankful to have playing in my era. I want to have that for as long as possible so my vote is to not rush, heal him fully before playing him again.

16. We haven’t heard from you in weeks. Where have you been?
    Enjoying your offseason?
    ——-
    See, here is the difference between Viking trolls and packer trolls. We troll you when our team is doing better than yours, because we realize it’s stupid to troll a superior team. That’s a lesson you guys have never learned.

17. That was a zero before wns in #0wns. It dudnt stay capitalized when I posted. Coukd mean 0 wins, or everyone 0wns CLE…

18. I’m going to comment on the Vikings game here, because this is where their fans are. Losing to CAR is the best case for MN. As bad as GB is with their coaching, Rodgers is easily the GOAT and elevates the Packers to NFC favorites. With CAR, SEA & ATL (due to refs) each winning their latest games, it will be difficult for GB to make the playoffs even if they win out. MN fans should be very happy Rodgers won’t be in the playoffs. If they somehow still get in, Viking trolls will have a very sad playoffs.

19. Congrats packers but wow is Cleveland terrible. Last I watched they were up by 7 and driving in packer territory. Bad coaching of even worse players.

20. vikeyvike says:
    December 10, 2017 at 4:42 pm

Idiot comment from another PFT genius. I wonder how you know how to use a keyboard.

They didn’t suck today. They played a very good game sans (that means “without”) the OT INT by Kizer and a 65-yard return. They were in a position to win it, and should have. They didn’t. But for once they didn’t suck.

Watch a football game. Learn it. It’s pretty fun when you actually understand what happens for 60 minutes.

#Genius

21. shlort says:
    December 10, 2017 at 4:51 pm

Vikings lost. Panthers pretty much showed the league how to do it.
    __________________________________

Congrats to the Panthers on the win and all but coughing up an 11 point 4th quarter lead in your own building then trusting your QB to spring for a 62 yd run on the winning drive is probably not something most teams are willing to put in the game plan.

22. pfffffffffffffffffffffffft says:
    December 10, 2017 at 5:00 pm
    I want Aaron to comeback. I want no excuses from packer fans.
    ———————————-

I want the Vikings to make the playoffs. I want no excuses from the Vikings fans when they get punted out.

I am no Vikings fan (at all) but they aren’t getting punted out. They lost to a team that has actually won games this season, because they actually play teams that are over .500. Unlike the Patriots.

23. Michael E says:
    December 10, 2017 at 4:34 pm

There’s about 100 years of NFL history. I don’t think that even compares to bad plays in the 20th century. Bad? Yes. Epic? Hardly.

24. Norton coyotes says:
    December 10, 2017 at 4:51 pm

Real fans understand the dynamic of an NFL game. Browns played their best game of the season today, thrown away on two plays. But what most of us see is that the Browns were more than competitive and had new energy (which I think comes from ditching Sashi and Britt) for the first time this season. We’ve been patient for 18 years, and for the first time most of us see more than you do that there is a foundation here. No one promised wins until ’18. It’s 2017.

I still want a better QB though.

25. Three more games of Rodgers is all I want for Christmas! Playoffs or bust, but we likely get to see the greatest QB ever play again next week! And before the seasons over he’s going to destroy the Vikings whether it matter post season or not. They may as well write that into history today. And the Vikings fans are going to secretly love getting massaged in the backside because they know it truly is the closest thing they’re every going to get to a real Championship. Let’s all bow our heads in gratefulness to the football gods

26. Vikings weren’t playing the Packers the last time they were in the playoffs.

Seems to me – they went 1 and done. AGAIN. Not a surprise since they hold the NFL record for doing so.

27. I think it’s a sad state of affairs the Packers lose the best QB in the NFL and the other teams in the division can’t close out the division with only three weeks to go. It just shows how much better the packers are than the rest of the NFC north.
    ————————-

When did the Packer’s lose Tom Brady

28. shlort says:
    December 10, 2017 at 4:51 pm
    Vikings lost. Panthers pretty much showed the league how to do it

yeah play them with 3 starting linemen out….

29. Beating the winless, lowly Browns is something to be proud of. For the Green Bay Carp. Who feed off the bottom.

30. I think it’s a sad state of affairs the Packers lose the best QB in the NFL and the other teams in the division can’t close out the division with only three weeks to go. It just shows how much better the packers are than the rest of the NFC north.

——————————————–

Actually, it shows how good Aaron Rodgers really is — a .500 team without him and a playoff / championship team with him.

31. Packers win, Vikings lose. A good weekend indeed. Gonna be an interesting finish to the season across the league. Lots of interesting scenarios beginning to unravel. Who’s getting hot? Who’s coming off IR? Who peaked too soon? December football at its finest.

32. I don’t think Kizer was just throwing it up, he had a 1 on 1 matchup he was likely trying to hit, but his arm got hit and made it look way worse then it was.

33. Considering Cleveland is full of rookies, second and third year players and their QB is doing some OJT, their record doesn’t show their potential. They compete and learn. In the end people see the loss and mistakes, but I’ve watched their D, and a few more pieces will make them better than top 10 tat they are now. They’re on track for the 1st and 7th pick. A QB and back and fill their holes with those other picks and the massive cap space they have, don’t be shocked at their improvements over the next two years.

34. pkrlvr says:
    December 10, 2017 at 4:57 pm
    We haven’t heard from you in weeks. Where have you been?
    Enjoying your offseason?
    ——-
    ——————-
    Wrong. Packer fans have been trolling the Vikings all year.
    We keep hearing the “the Vikings are chokers line” for weeks.

Don’t kid yourself pklvr. You are one of the worst.

35. Norton coyotes says:
    December 10, 2017 at 4:57 pm
    screamingyellowzonkers says:
    December 10, 2017 at 4:35 pm
    The Diva Aaron will not play.
    Book it!

———————-
    ————————-
    Thank you for your nice response. And I agree.

As a Packer fan, I have a huge love for my team, so I obviously hope they make the playoffs.
    But, I’m also a realist, and the fact remains that due to injuries and overall talent our defense just isn’t where it needs to be to make a serious postseason run.

It’s obvious that Rodgers is just chomping at the bit to get back out there.
    Regardless what the bone scan shows this week, their coaching and medical staff needs to save him from himself and sit him.
    It’s in the best interest of the team in the long run.

And I’m perfectly content allowing Hundley to continue to mature while still battling for the playoffs in December, for however long it may last.
    It’s a lot better than most trolls gave this team credit for.

36. Cute that GB needed OT to beat the worst team in the league and they talk smack about the Vikings. Now I seriously hope they put Eryn back in next week against the Panthers. Talk about 1 and done. (Meaning 1 game back, then done for the rest of the season for you packer fans, I know it’s extremely difficult for any of you to pick up on puns)

37. tokyosandblaster says:
    December 10, 2017 at 4:44 pm

ummm then why isnt green bay in first place with a 3 game lead?

38. cornerblitz says:
    December 10, 2017 at 5:12 pm
    —————————
    Now that’s more like it. Planning for the packers Super Bowl in two weeks.

39. Dilly Dilly says:
    December 10, 2017 at 5:21 pm
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So that means you had only 1 good weekend in 2 months. Whereas we Viking fans have been having good times for most of the season. Ouch.

40. dcviking says:
    December 10, 2017 at 5:18 pm

——————————————–

——— ————
    Playoff, sure, but not championship. (Just citing what the results are really)

It cant be denied Brady is better, he has been the difference maker for several championships now and always vies for them even on the off years.

41. screamingyellowzonkers says:
    December 10, 2017 at 4:35 pm

The Diva Aaron will not play.
    Book it.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

The most trite overused cliche’ in the book.

Take a creative writing course, for goodness sakes.

42. pkrlvr says:
    December 10, 2017 at 4:42 pm
    The Diva Aaron will not play.
    Book it.

Congratulations on the win !
    ——
    —————————
    Nope. I very rarely pick winners and losers week to week.
    I have predicted Rodgers will not play next week.

43. Now that’s more like it. Planning for the packers Super Bowl in two weeks.

=============================

I said three more weeks of Rodgers, where did you get Super Bowl out of that? I’m just planning on the Packers loading the Vikings with some “positive momentum” going into the post season.

44. Poor Browns fans… Just brutal.

The Factory of Sadness churns on. It’s working overtime due to it being the holiday season… due to working so hard, so long the Factory almost let its guard down and the Browns almost won.

But the Factory of Sadness kicked itself into gear just in time for the Browns to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

After that close call, the Factory gave itself a 10 min break and then they resumed creating more sadness for Browns fans.

45. thepackerpoet says:
    December 10, 2017 at 4:50 pm
    See ya later, Browns! Who’s next??

/////////////////

Well you can look at the schedule and see you are at Carolina. Peppers will officially end Rodgers season if McCarthy is selfish enough to try and save his own job and play him.

46. wafflestomp says:
    December 10, 2017 at 5:31 pm
    Norton coyotes says:
    December 10, 2017 at 4:57 pm
    screamingyellowzonkers says:
    December 10, 2017 at 4:35 pm
    The Diva Aaron will not play.
    Book it!

———————-
    ————————-
    Thank you for your nice response. And I agree.

It’s obvious that Rodgers is just chomping at the bit to get back out there.
    It’s in the best interest of the team in the long run.

It’s a lot better than most trolls gave this team credit for.

—————————
    They werent kind words, just a statement.. I am a fan of sports first of all so opponets that scare me are to be respected not hated. I think Brady, Rodgers, and Brees are the top three in the game today in that order (and Brady the best ever at this point) and I dont see how anyone cant respect all three for what they have shown us. Its been a pleasure having them to watch. And I have fun trying to figure out who of the new crop will rise up to be tomortows top elite guys. (Right now my money is on Wilson and Wentz with a side bet on Garrapolo. Goff and Carr are worth watching. Maybe Mariotta depending on hiw much growth continues.

47. ARod(in his collarbone) says:
    December 10, 2017 at 5:36 pm
    Dilly Dilly says:
    December 10, 2017 at 5:21 pm
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Considering I have a short memory, yes! I don’t rant on about how many championships GB has, or how futile the Vikings entire existence has been. I enjoy each day, and I certainly don’t live vicariously through my football team, like most Vikings fans do. Now that’s a miserable existence.

48. screamingyellowzonkers says:
    December 10, 2017 at 5:31 pm
    pkrlvr says:
    December 10, 2017 at 4:57 pm
    We haven’t heard from you in weeks. Where have you been?
    Enjoying your offseason?
    ——-
    ——————-
    Wrong. Packer fans have been trolling the Vikings all year.
    We keep hearing the “the Vikings are chokers line” for weeks.

Don’t kid yourself pklvr. You are one of the worst.

*****************************

“Worst” says screamingyellowzonkers, who already has about ten troll posts in this thread!

49. Carl Gerbschmidt says:
    December 10, 2017 at 4:33 pm
    Normally Browns beat themselves but today WE DID THE BEATING. #believe
    ————
    So Carl and Packer fans did a beating earlier today. I am sure they all enjoyed it.

50. dcviking says:
    December 10, 2017 at 5:18 pm

——————————————–

——————-
    Just because Green Bay squeaked out an OT win against the Browns does not make them a 500 team without Rodgers. Nobody believes Green Bay is a 500 team without Rodgers, not even Packer fans. That whole team and organization is a big mess that Rodgers hides its incompetencies. It will take many years to fix it and now that Rodgers is broken and may never be the same Green Bay will be lucky to finish 500 in the next few years to come.

51. If your’re not a Packers fan or Rams fan, sorry your team wont make it to the NFC championship game. Why you ask? Because your team doesnt have a hook or story line to sell jerseys,endorsements and boost ratings. Face it kids pro sports is scripted.

A team called the “Patriots” win the Super Bowl after the worst day in US history.

Alabama wins the national championship in the flukiest way ever after a bad tornado.

Japan’s women’s soccer team wins the World Cup after a bad tsunami.

The Red Sox win the World Series after a bombing at the marathon.

2010 Saints beat Colts in the Super Bowl

You bet your ass the NFL is going to make sure the Packers find a way in. With the collarbone thing and Cali with the wild fires…..yeah look for a Packers vs Rams title game……NFL NEEDS MONEY AND THIS IS THE PERFECT HOLLYWOOD SCRIPT!

52. screamingyellowzonkers says:
    December 10, 2017 at 5:34 pm
    This whole “one and done” line is non sense. Do you all realize that 4 to 8 teams are one and done every year?

********************

True, and none so many times as the Vikings

No wonder it is a sore spot for you

53. Congrats to the Browns for playing a hell of a game, I’ll be cheering for them to get a W from here out. This is one resilient Packer team to come back from 14 down in the 4Q with your backup QB, and leading game tying/winning drives 2 weeks in a row. Now to hopefully get Rodgers back next week, win out, and get some help from the other WC contenders’ opponents. Especially since we still play CAR and DET.

54. The Browns may be one of the toughest teams to play right now, they are achieving levels of futility rarely seen however it cannot last forever. They do stink, but they are due for a win so I am glad they are someone else’s problem now.

55. Packers fans talk smack. Sure we do. All fans do.

The fans of teams that have never won it all, and are really a laughing stock in their sport…well, they just sound foolish.

Vikings fans: The lowest of the low.

56. Remember when the Browns passed on Trubisky and Watson, and all of the talking heads were going crazy over how smart the Browns front office was? Lol.