Getty Images

Tom Brady‘s long-time trainer had not said anything publicly in the weeks after the Patriots reduced his special privileges, reportedly causing friction within the building. But after the firestorm created Friday by Seth Wickersham’s article, detailing rifts inside the Patriots’ organization, Alex Guerrero released a letter on social media.

Although the letter was 449 words, Guerrero says little of substance.

He thanks owner Robert Kraft but does not name Bill Belichick. Instead, Guerrero refers to Kraft’s “coaches and staff.”

Here is Guerrero’s letter he titles Alex Guerrero: In my own words:

“Over the past few years, many people have tried to paint a picture of who I am. But none of these pictures has been complete.

“I get that many of my beliefs are not mainstream and I know they may differ from others’. But they reflect my experience from over 22 years of practice working with some of the best athletes in the world. I understand that some people may disagree with me about how to treat injuries or how to train in order to maximize potential. I welcome this and think it is normal and healthy in all careers, because it helps everyone learn, grow, and improve.

“Throughout my career I have been blessed to work with many remarkable athletes in a variety of sports. With every one of these clients, my only goal has been to help them bring forth positive changes in their body & mind. I have always tried to be respectful of the staff each player answers to, and I have never tried to create divisiveness or conflict. My ultimate goal has always been to do my very best to help the player get back on the field and help their team. I have never had any motive other than that. My approach is and always has been to give people information based on my beliefs — then let them follow their own path toward what they believe works best for them. Ultimately every decision is up to each individual athlete.

“Many of the athletes I have worked with I consider not only clients, but also close friends. One of those is Tom Brady with whom I have a great friendship that I cherish. It is a privilege working alongside someone with his commitment and discipline. Watching Tom succeed as he grows older has been a personal and professional highlight, because I consider seeing players’ and clients’ achievements in their own careers to be the most gratifying part of my work.

“Thank you to everyone who has supported me in my career, and to the professional organizations that have allowed me to treat their players — including the New England Patriots. I am grateful to Robert Kraft and his coaches and staff. I am proud to have co-founded the TB12 Sports Therapy Center with Tom, where we’re able to make a daily impact in thousands of people’s lives.

“Finally, my deepest gratitude goes to my family, clients, and friends. It’s because of you that I do what I do, and it’s the greatness you achieve that continues to motivate me. I wish nothing but the best for everyone and for each of us to be able to live our lives to our utmost potential.”

68 responses to “Tom Brady’s trainer says he has “never tried to create divisiveness or conflict”

1. Snake Oil Salesman. A shame Brady can’t see it; Tom is the reason that Tom is great, period.*

*With a bit of help from Belichick.

2. The concussion water was stupid but if working with this guy helps Brady feel mentally that he is better prepared than the average Joe 40 yr old, what’s the big deal and where is the harm? Ever hear of the Placebo effect?

The Patriots trainers need a thicker skin and Belichick’s error was allowing him inside access in the first place. He gave TB special treatment and when the other player’s veered toward Guerrero’s methods vs the regular trainers, the “stuff” hit the fan…

The good news is TB and BB may be icy at the moment but once the game starts in 8 days, nobody will be thinking about whether Tom uses rubber bands vs doing squats.

3. Am I wrong in thinking Guerrero seems like a bit of a parasite? Attaching himself to someone and then growing his role until he becomes ‘indispensable’ to those around him?

4. interesting that he says “ my only goal has been to help them bring forth positive changes in their body & mind.”

What influence has he been having on Brady’s mind?

5. Guerrero started a train wreck that can’t be stopped. He created a divide amongst the system,

6. “Am I wrong in thinking Guerrero seems like a bit of a parasite? Attaching himself to someone and then growing his role until he becomes ‘indispensable’ to those around him?
    I can’t put my finger on anything he’s done w/ Brady that’s wrong, but setting up shop in the facility and traveling on the team plane is generally inappropriate for someone with no formal relationship with the team.”

I wish I could give this a million thumbs up. And not to mention Brady bringing this virus into the clubhouse

7. If Brady swears by this guy and is willing to go into business with him then who the heck are we to question him? Brady is calculated in everything he says and does.
    I’m inclined to think this divide goes deeper and has more to do with this Garappolo craziness. I don’t think any of this blame should be placed on this trainer. It lands in the lap of Brady or Belichick.

8. This is so stupid. Alex Guerrero, Tom Brady’s “trainer” has been around or working with Patriot players long before Tom Brady

Willie Mcginest brought him in and he’s been working with Patriots players ever since.

9. Nofoolnodrool says:
    January 5, 2018 at 6:26 pm
    Can you say Lance Armstrong?

The charade is wearing thin and a worm will turn and Patriot Nation will burn

#crybaby

Mr “I don’t comment on every Patriots related article”

Jealous little boy…..

10. Unlike many of the trolls on Pats threads that work hard trying to create divisiveness I think Guerrero is telling the truth. He doesn’t have to try to create divisiveness, it seems to just naturally follow in his wake.

11. Willie McGinest, who should be in the HOF, turned Brady on to this trainer. Has there ever been a player in any sport that exceeded expectations more than Brady? I can’t think of one.

Brady has been a team player. He works harder than anyone. He accepts salaries well below what he could command. He has won consistently and is at his best when it appears all is lost. He wins with players, with the exception of Gronk, who will never be All Pro.

He has lived with every bs accusation envious competitors and an NFL office that promoted parity could throw at him. It is so absurd that the envious now claim the league office is rigging replays.

Just stop.

12. Lance Armstrong ? When I think of the Lance Armstrong of the NFL Mike Webster and his cardboard box come to minds living proof. Well maybe not living. Seriously, how many Steelers from the 70’s can you cram into a VW beetle? All of them.

13. With all due respect to previous posters we know who this guy is because of Tom Brady. Brady is good because of Belichick. If brady had gone to Cleveland we would be talking about someone else. Shula, Lombardi, and Belichick made their players. This is not the NBA where one or two stars make a team.

14. Nofoolnodrool says:
    January 5, 2018 at 6:38 pm

New Englanders have a funny accent but it doesn’t affect their spelling….so what isnretirts?
    ————————

Brilliant.

15. Guerrero also states that he has “never tried to create divisiveness or conflict” but does not elaborate.

But he must have!! I mean, otherwise ESPN would not have said it. Right?

16. ch1ggs says:
    January 5, 2018 at 6:20 pm

*With a bit of help from Belichick.
    _____________________
    Doctors were once convinced that ulcers were the result of stress and diet, so much so that medical bodies savagely attacked and discredited two doctors who believed that bacteria were the cause.

Doctors Marshall and Warren were eventually proved right and awarded the Nobel Prize. Maybe Brady’s treatment is ahead of conventional wisdom which is why so many are threatened and you and others feel comfortable slandering him as a “quack.”

17. Nofoolnodrool says:
    January 5, 2018 at 6:38 pm
    The haters have such brilliant retirts

————————-

This won the internet when the retorter blew the spelling too. Good times.

18. I love the NFL but the vast majority of fans are intellectually limited. They don’t understand the game and bring the same tribal perspective they bring to politics. Fantasy Football bears no resemblance to the essence of the sport.

There are some great posts to PFT but, alas, they are becoming rarer and are drowned out by inane banter. Sports media use to elevate lovers of the game but now sell self promoters. NFL players are a meritocracy not the talking heads.

Instead of cherishing guys like Brady and Belichick too many try to build themselves up by tearing these achievers down. Stop deconstructing these men and get back to appreciating the thrill of victory and the agony of defeat.

19. Anywon hoo wood coment on anutha posters speling or gramma on this site has WAY too much time on there hands..

It’s called a life….go and find one

20. He’s properly referred to here as a trainer in contrast to Dan Patrick today repeatedly calling him a “doctor”. Obviously he has some exercises and training techniques that have helped Brady but then piles all the organo-groovy, natural, incense and crystals on top of it like so many self-help types. Hey, if the GOAT gets some benefit without any harm from the hogwash, have at it. Belichick is BOSS though and had to reign guru in. In Bill we trust and hold the incense.

21. Guerrero wrote 455 words yet said little of substance and did not mention Belichick name. Wow… Then there’s Cowherd speculating that Belichick somehow intentionally let the Patriots lose to the Dolphins to expose Tom Brady by letting Tom Brady carry the burden of making the Patriots win. It’s disgusting that it seems fake news drama and contrived controversies have invaded sports writing too.

22. Wow! Maybe New England should let your lousy team win a championship so you can stop venting and hating.

“It’s easier to go down a hill than up it but the view is much better at the top.”

Henry Ward Beecher

23. infectorman says:
    It’s called a life….go and find one
    ===

As for the original poster, anyone who questions someone else’s “brilliance” in a post full of misspelled words deserves to be called out.
    As for you, infectorman, you’re the only one I see who seems in need of a life. But go ahead and keep pretending ignorance is cool.
    To paraphrase you, it’s called an education. Go and get one.

24. AG just wrote a boilerplate statement without details. Good for him. I could care less if he believes holy water cures concussions…TB is still playing, and currently in playoffs. He and his teammates are vying for a 6th SB in Belicheks era. Bill probably felt AG was a distraction and booted him. Happens all the time.
    AG certainly doesn’t want to inflame the situation and wrote a flowery letter. End of story.
    Another ‘mountain out of molehill’ scenario. I dunno, if your looking to take Brady off his game, pissing him off doesn’t really seem to work, does it? Like a kid poking a tiger, eventually, the tiger will have lunch.

25. I cant wait till this festers and they start ratting each other out. Once a cheater always a Brady/Belicheat. They are a pathetic program and it is coming to the surface…

26. Bellichek HC NYG(his long time dream and aspiration), McDaniel waits with him in NY for retirement as the OC, Patricia HC/GM pats, Brady retires. How many #1’s are you willing to give Jets for Hackenberg? Hahahaha.

27. The Patriots have had a great set-up going for over a decade. I didn’t think it would end like this. I figured Brady would just hang it up as a 40+ QB or that Belichik would burn out. But I never believed that their egos would blow things up.Remains to be seen, though. This punk Guerrero can’t be a reason, can he?

28. Brady came into the league with one of the worst football bodies ever. He hooks up with this ‘trainer’ with zero medical training yet he’s still playing at 40.. I would love to see a Brady blood sample.

29. A divorce is coming. Step one) brady goes to kraft demanding grappollo trade and goes over bellys head. Step two) Belly denies Bradys trainer access.

Descensions at mist

30. Congrats, Kraft. You are chasing away maybe the GOAT coach because of TB12’s Yoko. TB12 will be gone in 2 years max and then where will you be without BB? Think that roster of mostly no names is gonna get it done then?

31. If it has been Bill’s longtime dream and aspiration to coach the Giants, then why isn’t he already there?

32. swhy19 says:
    January 5, 2018 at 9:49 pm

——————————-

33. Brady has lasted so long, not because of what he’s eaten, not because of the underwear or jammies he uses or the oxygen tent he sleeps in, but because he has had a coach who understands the need for people to protect the QB.

34. He just signed a high six figure contract to write a book. This will expose what type of PEDs the pat players are taking. BB knows this and will be Giants coach next year. “The jig is up the news is out, they finally found him”

35. “Never tried to create divisiveness or conflict” – Alex Guerrero. But he just happened to refuse to work on Jimmy Garoppolo for an extended period. Maybe that had something to do with not wanting to assist the backup QB, who was looking pretty good, because his priority was to his business partner and buddy, Tom Brady. No that wouldn’t constitute divineness or conflict.

36. That doesn’t even make any sense. The guy has been in the league for 17 years, and you act like he has been here for a couple. I know that to basement dwellers, the concept of getting into shape is hard to fathom, but I am sure a professional athlete can get it together in that amount of time.

Because you want to believe something is true won’t make it true. Even penthouse dwellers like you should know this.

This quack is a front for PED use…….Tommy is the Armstrong of the NFL.