Vikings come back to beat Saints, advance to NFC Championship

Getty Images

The Saints came back, twice. But that wasn’t enough to beat Case Keenum.

The Vikings beat the Saints 29-24 on a last-second touchdown pass, a 61-yard beauty from Keenum to Stefon Diggs which ruined a brilliant second half by Saints quarterback Drew Brees and his teammates.

The Vikings advance to next week’s NFC Championship Game at Philadelphia, with a chance to play the Super Bowl at home on the line.

The Saints had come back from a 17-0 deficit, and the Vikings hadn’t lost when leading by 10 or more since the start of the 2015 season (28-0). The way they did it was impressive, as the Vikings top-ranked defense held them in check throughout the first half. Brees hit rookie running back Alvin Kamara for a go-ahead touchdown, after Michael Thomas caught the first two.

But Vikings kicker Kai Forbath coolly responded with a 53-yard field goal to give the Vikings the lead back, only to see Brees even more coolly move them downfield for another go-ahead field goal.

After striking out three straight plays throwing at Xavier Rhodes, he converted a season-on-the-line fourth down pass to Willie Snead to get them into position for the Wil Lutz 43-yarder to go up 24-23. Brees finished the game 25-of-40 for 294 yards and three scores, balancing out the two interceptions he threw in the first half.

Vikings quarterback Case Keenum had one last shot, and he made the most of it. After floundering early in the drive, Keenum lofted the ball to Diggs, who ducked inside and took it the rest of the way.

339 responses to “Vikings come back to beat Saints, advance to NFC Championship

1. Wow I really game Saints fans, unreal. Congrats on a hard fought game.

Next up Philly!

Still can’t believe that ending.

2. The Jaguars hold strong and refuse to relinquish a lead on the road and the Vikings win a playoff game on a miracle.

A truly upsidedown and incredible day of football.

3. Wow! That was a great game, but what the heck was that safety doing? All he had to do was make a very easy tackle inbounds and the game is over.

4. Been watching pro football for a long time, and I think today’s players are as weak fundamentals wise – not to mention as poorly coached — as I‘ve ever seen.
    The defender has the receiver in front of him, where he belongs, and pinned near the sideline. All he has to do is hold his position and make the tackle or push the receiver out of bounds. Instead, he dives at the legs, and we all know what happened next. Absolutely no excuse for that.
    Congratulations Vikings. Shame on that Saints defender and the people who coach him.

5. To be honest, I don’t care for the Vikes or their fans, but you won it fair and square and I salute you.

6. OMG, I am shaking after that ending. Thought for sure the Vikings choked again. Amazing and just no words to describe this.

7. Unless you are a fan of the teams eliminated, there should be no ill will thrown towards any team remaining. This is football baby. What a game. Case Keenum, go get ‘em kid.

8. Congrats to the Vikes and their fans. A win like this you will never forget…the closest I can relate this to as a Packer’s fan is when Rodgers hit Cobb against the Bears to get INTO the playoffs. Crazy ending. The Vikings team themselves looked shocked. This is a painful reminder that fundamentals count….if the dback for NO wraps up Diggs, game is over. Savor the great feelings you have tonight and then onto Philly which will not be a gimme game, but winnable with your D. Good luck…you may get back home for the big one.

9. Did Williams avoid hitting Diggs at the last second because his timing was off and he was afraid of getting a pass interference call?

10. The rookie, Marcus Williams, all he had to do was tackle the receiver in bounds, and there is no time left to kick a field goal. Instead he simply tackled the ground without touching the Vikings receiver. Unreal!

11. That game was horribly officiated in the Vikings favor. Ridiculous that the officiating basically decided that game. On the other hand, the Vikings got extremely lucky. Hopefully they lose next week. Vikings fans here are so ignorant, they deserve it.Go Eagles!!!!

12. What in the world was Williams thinking there??? Just dove on the ground while Diggs ran right over him. The ONE THING you can not allow in that situation is a guy like Diggs getting behind the defense. Makes no sense how they would allow that to happen in that spot.

Unbelievable.

13. If Marcus Williams was my teammate, I’d find a baseball bat and bash his skull in. he’s a brainless, non-tackling idiot. What a dummy. What a fool. What a stupid moron.

14. I’ll gladly give credit where credit is due.
    After a lifetime of watching football, I’ve never seen a game end quite like that.
    Hats off to Case Keenum, Stephon Diggs and the rest of the Viking crew for never giving up.

15. juice08 says:

January 14, 2018 at 8:17 pm

You still blew a 17-0 lead at home in the second half

_____________
    And that’s relevant because?

16. Everyone wonders why the Pats win so much? They don’t miss tackles in the las 5 seconds of a game. They don’t intercept passes on 4th down 20 yards from the los. Basically, they are smart and sound, and wait for other teams to screw up, which they always do.

17. Wow. If there was ever a sun-moon-and-stars-are-all-aligned moment in the NFL, this was it. For every Packer-hating troll that ever condemned Aaron Rodgers for throwing game-winning Hail Marys, hey, do us all a favor. Shut up.

Congratulations Vikings. You’re almost there.

18. Saint fans, we both just witnessed an awesome game! Wow! When there was 1:30 left, I thought u had it in the bag! But wow! What a finish!

19. Betcha that safety is somewhere else next season. What a ridiculous tackle attempt. Exciting game though. As much as I can’t stand the viking trolls, I still can’t help but be happy that the saints lost.

20. No dog in the fight but kind of serves the Saints right.

They were high fiveing, talking trash to the crowd, with 30 seconds on the clock as if the game was over. All season they’ve been rubbing it in opponents noses and Sean Payton has been the worst one of them all.

21. Absolutely shameful of the Saints D to give that last TD up. How could they possibly have let that by them?

22. logicalvoicesays says:
    January 14, 2018 at 8:16 pm
    Congrats to the AFC for winning the Superbowl.

The two teams left in the NFC are a complete joke and are going to get smoked in the Superbowl.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Actually the biggest joke is your team that’s been sitting at home the past 3 weeks, well more like 7-8 if you are talking about fielding a competitive team.

23. WOW, what a game. Congrats to Minnesota. Disappointing, but we performed way above expectations this year.

24. Oh man, a Keenum-Bortles SB is going to be so fun!

Congrats to the Vikes and Jag’s, the two best teams in each division. Defense wins championships.

25. The only way the Saints could lose if someone made a boneheaded move or have a Viking player pull a Floating Leia play. They managed to do both.

26. Well I know who I’m rooting for the rest of the way. These guys just keep gettin it done no matter the circumstances or opponent. Happy for Case Keenum hopefully the Vikings will remember how much he has come through for them so far this year when it comes time to re-sign him in the offseason

27. I can’t believe what I just saw,
    That was fake!
    @ the very least Williams was in on some point scheme.

28. realnflfacts says:
    January 14, 2018 at 8:19 pm
    Refs gave vikes 14 points and it was close…pretty rigged outing. Why watch that kind of trash product?

still looking for who green bay is playing next week?

29. Admit it Viking fans, you knew this game was over with 14 seconds left and no timeouts. What an emotional roller coaster.

30. So either Keenum or Foles will be the starting qb for a Super Bowl. You can’t script this. Both teams have the defense and just enough offense to make the conference championship and Super Bowl games interesting. People can say what they want about todays NFL but man the momentum swings have made these games interesting. Other than the patriots beating the worst team remaining team in the playoffs I thought every team that lost this weekend had a shot at winning in the 4th quarter.

31. The 4 QB’s remaining are Tom Brady, Blake Bortles, Nick Foles and Case Keenum. How many people out there predicated that before the season began?

32. Between that missed tackle , the Jaguars getting the personal foul on the fumble return that set up the Steelers TD before the half, and the guy from The Falcons kneeing the ball to the Eagles WR before the half, there were some really boneheaded plays this weekend

33. GREAT GAME and congratulations to the Vikings on the win! I TOLD you guys I didn’t see a blowout UNLESS you got turnovers. The first was a gift from Brees but the defense earned the second one. Not that he ever had a strong arm but I wonder if Drew’s arm strength is diminishing because he wasn’t being pressured, Ginn was open but the ball was under thrown. Instead of a Ginn TD, MN scored it. Congratulations to the Vikings for the win.

34. I’ve watched that play 30 times,
    and you can not convince me otherwise that something was not fishy there
    No tackle in fact gets out of the way of Diggs then whips the other defenders leg on the follow thru to take him out
    UNREAL!!!!!

35. Just hand the pats another superbowl ring! Some of the worse qbs left! what a joke this nfl has become! can’t wait for all the oppressed millionaires who kneel during superbowl

36. I’d like to apologize to my Bikes for the things I said right before the last play. It was filthy. But please refrain from taking my emotions from one end of the spectrum to the other. It’s not healthy.

Skol

37. Great win for the Vikings. Nice to be on the other end of a great play off contest. The better team won, but credit to the Saints on coming back twice. SKOL!!!!!!!! #bringithome

38. Who taught 43 how to tackle. Keep your head up, eyes open and wrap up! Games over b/c there isn’t enough time to kick the FG! He’s a safety for Gods sake not a CB.

39. Unbelievable. This kind of loss usually happens to US! I expect we will beat the Iggles, see you in our new stadium Tom.

40. WHAT AN AMAZING FINISH! Nobody can ever say the Vikings ever choke or quit!
    I was cussing the Coaches ALL 2nd quarter and 3rd for the conservative play calling and idling
    with a 17 point lead… It nearly cost them.

41. Good win by the Vikings.
    Case had himself a statement of a game.
    Now if they can hold their nerve against the Eagles, Minnesota can very well be having a Lombardi party!

42. The Saints are terrible on the road in the playoffs. Drew Breese is a different QB outside the Superdome.

43. I can’t think of anything better than to have that happen to Sean Payton..hahahaha…Williams should be released before they board the plane!

44. As a die hard Packer Fan, I was rooting for the Saints, then I found myself thinking it would be cool for the Vikings to win since they are long over due. I hope my Packers DB’s (ha,ha) were watching to see why you should wrap up when you tackle and not just try to cut their ankles out with your shoulder. Nice job Vikings!

45. Now do any of the 3 teams remaining have a chance of beating the Patriots? I thought the Steelers and the Saints just might because of their QB’s. But they both lost today.

46. Absolutely amazing ending.

The NFL needed that!

P.S. – That safety couldn’t have played that much worse – whiff on the tackle and take out the only remaining player to stop Diggs… wow!

47. WOW…All ya have to do is make the easiest tackle in the world…it’s like tackling a dummy in practice, with the receivers back to you…yet he misses the tackle. If I didn’t know better I’d swear he threw the game…WOW. Wear your purple longjohns and grass spikes .

48. Only a miracle saved da queens from CHOKIN another play0ff game away… luckiest team on the face of the earth…..

49. I can’t wait for the Saints to play the Falcons at home for the NFC championship next week.

– Saints fans (1-7-18 thru 1-14-18)
    Should be a good game but make sure you turn your Xbox off before you go to bed.

50. pkrlvr says:
    January 14, 2018 at 8:24 pm
    ———
    Well duh.
    It’s not like we are packer fans hoping and expecting free plays from the refs so Rodgers can have do overs.

51. pkrlvr says:
    January 14, 2018 at 8:24 pm

————————————

Admitted. I was already adding this game to the long list of ridiculous failures.

52. LSUStrong says:
    January 14, 2018 at 8:16 pm
    What was Marcus Williams thinking?
    _____________________________
    He looked like something important hinged on him not contacting Diggs. It was……….odd.

53. jason9696 says:
    January 14, 2018 at 8:25 pm

—————————————————————–
    Not many I suspect.
    What is even more bizarre is the offense these characters put on the board.

54. pastabelly says:
    January 14, 2018 at 8:19 pm
    Marcus Williams new nickname = Buckner.

—-
    Or Rahim Moore

Remember the Jacoby Jones TD vs Denver?

55. The Saints ALMOST bailed out their mental coach two straight weeks. His late decision-making and the smirk on his face after the Lutz FG made me root for the Vikings miracle. All three of his second-half timeouts were questionable. Brees is class; Payton: not so much.

56. That Rookie was told by the coaching staff “DO NOT commit PASS INTERFERENCE” period! It wasn’t his fault. He was doing what he was told but he could have at least hit him. Glad he didn’t
    I wonder how many 911 Heart Attack calls were placed in Minnesota and new Orleans?
    It is sweet Victory and payback for the Bounty gate 2009 game that got peyton Banned for a year..

57. proudwhodat says:
    January 14, 2018 at 8:30 pm
    Williams has a great rookie season but one bad play. Gut wrenching loss for my Saints but good luck to the Vikings.

I feel bad for this kid. He did have a really good season and he also had the pick that helped NO’s great comeback. When I rewatch that play I think he was counting on Diggs momentum taking him towards the sideline so he was trying to undercut him. Still inexcusable! Keep your eyes on the target and make the tackle you were taught back in pee wee football!!

58. shlort says:
    January 14, 2018 at 8:20 pm
    —————
    And YOU should know about preferential officiating, shouldn’t you Cheesehead. Your team SURVIVES by it.

59. Phew – best game I’ve attended in a long time. Great game Saints fans, sorry for the heartbreak, but in all honesty, we owed you one.

60. He didn’t try to tackle Diggs, he turned his body to avoid a PI and a free kick with no time. He knocked out his own player from having a chance.
    Had to be a roller coaster day for Viking fans.

61. Coach can’t coach brains. Time would have run out IF he allowed him to catch it and just tackled him (he would have help too) instead of ??? what he did!

62. Been watching the Vikes for over 50 years. That was incredible. I won’t sleep tonight playing it over and over in my head. Congrats loyal Vikings fans. We earned this sleepless, wonderful night.

63. The Eagles are 3-0 in postseason history against the Vikings, their best record against any opponent in playoff history. The only other team the Eagles have beaten three times in the postseason is the Falcons.

Refs/Vikings 29. Saints 24. SMH

64. WOW! Unbelievable finish. Not only did Williams miss what looked like a easy tackle but he took out the only other Saint who had any chance to make the tackle. Should have wrapped him up instead of throwing the shoulder.

65. What the hell was that defensive back doing? He doesn’t even wrap up Diggs he just lunges at him. Congrats Vikings and nice effort Saints thought you had it.

66. LSUStrong says:
    January 14, 2018 at 8:16 pm
    What was Marcus Williams thinking?
    ——————

He was thinking now is not the time to actually perform a football move and wrap my arms around the opponent and tackle him! I might get my uniform dirty! Tackling continues to be a ‘lost art’ in today’s NFL

67. I’m speechless.

I came into this game with a that cautious optimism that every Vikings fan knows after years of how they toy with my emotions. Sure enough, after a methodical first half dismantling of the Saints, it was following by a second half stutter-step backwards. I know something was wrong after the Viking’s failed attempts to score beyond 17 points, missing field goals and being pushed backwards. Somehow they make it out of this one.

Case definitely needs to be smarter with throwing the ball blindly into coverage. He nearly cost us this game, by throwing a horrible pass on his first pass of their second possession of the 2nd half. Dumb, dumb, dumb. Throw it away.

Sorry, not impressed with Pat Shermur’s play calling tonight. It’s like they stopped trying after scoring 17. And, please, stop with the predicable Murray up the gut on first down on (9 out of 10 first downs).

Total dogfight. Respect to the Saints such a great game tonight. I’m still in shock, and I’m sure other fans are as well..

68. We had some great games this weekend and too many just want to trash the NFL, a specific team, coach or player. If you didn’t enjoy these games you missed out.

Stop deconstructing every play with the intent of casting blame. We have three new QBs and three new teams vying for a super bowl along with a perennial winner that people either love or hate but every sane fan respects.

This is fun.

69. That’s the worst flipped win since Seattle chose to throw it to their 5th receiver on the depth chart from the 1 yard line, and he fails to run a route. Williams non tackle blew it.

Good luck Minnesota getting a gift win from NE in the SB.

70. “The better team won, but credit to the Saints on coming back twice.”

Actually, after the refs let up, the Saints outscored the Vikings 24-13.
    The Vikings deserve credit for playing to the end, but were not the better team.
    Only a Vikings-like bonehead last play by #43 gave them the win.

71. leatherface2012 says:
    January 14, 2018 at 8:24 pm
    still looking for who green bay is playing next week?
    ////////////////////////////////////

You know what they say……….the only thing worse than a sore loser………is a simple-minded winner.

72. Dear Saints,

Do not let Marcus Willaims back on the plane. He likes to roll around on the ground so much he can roll himself back to New Orleans…

73. you win some and you lose some. i was rooting for New Orleans, but because the Vikes won, I won’t have to hear ‘who dat’ the rest of the year. LOL

74. The Saints earned that win, but then Marcus Williams gave it to the Vikings. Someone must have paid him off. There needs to be an investigation on that.

75. cajunhockey says:
    January 14, 2018 at 8:33 pm
    On a related note, congratulations to New England for repeating as SB champs!

I would say that you are delusional if you think that the Saints were the only team remaining to prevent that. Good luck in 18.

76. “That Rookie was told by the coaching staff “DO NOT commit PASS INTERFERENCE” period! It wasn’t his fault. He was doing what he was told”

I don’t know what the coaching staff told him to do, but I’m certain they didn’t tell him to do what he did.

77. First off, great job by the Saints to claw back and get in a seemingly solid position to win it. Can’t say enough about Brees and that offense. Viking’s mistakes should have cost them the game (int from Keenum, blocked punt, missed FG). But, the Vikings have been on the wrong end of so many losses on strange plays it was therapeutic to get this win.

78. Everybody is ragging on Williams from missing a tackle. But how about a little love for Diggs who never gave up on the ball and never gave up on the play. Some credit has got to go to him. The Vikings played a heckuva game

79. Great game. Sucks someone had to lose. I have no idea why that saints defender didn’t just let him catch it and then wrap him up to win the game. That ending was a shocking way to end a classic game. Congrats Vikings fans. My condolences to saints fans on a tough loss.

80. LSUStrong says:
    January 14, 2018 at 8:16 pm
    What was Marcus Williams thinking?
    ————————————–

No Pass Interference. Keep him in bounds. Just really bad execution.

81. Rdog says:
    January 14, 2018 at 8:40 pm
    Vikings fans and Patriots fans are the most insufferable people on the planet.

Looks like us Pats fans need to step up our game. I thought we had #1 locked up.

Great play by Diggs and the DB def was trying to avoid PI.

82. patsfan4lifesbchamps says:
    January 14, 2018 at 8:29 pm

Why does every post from this fake Pats fan get published? What is the deal here?

83. FUN-damental’s. I feel bad for Williams, but c’mon, that was not tackling. Okay Vikes, you got a gift win. Let’s see what you do with it in the SB. Yeah, Philly next, but Fole’s shouldn’t be much competition.

84. I wonder is Sean Payton is dancing in the locker room today? Nah, I’m guessing he has those chipmunk lips all puckered up with his head in his hands.

85. The miracle win was fantastic, and now that’s it’s over I’ll take it . . . but the non-call on the pass interference to Thielen (and subsequent blocked punt) should have never put us in the position to *need* a miracle. What an awful non-call. Refereeing is the worst I’ve ever seen it this season.

86. Nobody can ever say the Vikings ever choke or quit!
    ————————————-
    Maybe not quit but as for choking that’s all the Vikings have done in their history. They were up 19-6 with about 10 minutes left in 3rd qtr at home and needed the most bone headed play in the NFL since Viking Jim “Wrongway” Marshall returned a fumble to the wrong end zone and scored 2 points for the opponent, the 49ers, to win the game. Plus there is at least one more game left for them to choke this season, don’t give up on them yet.

87. I should add: great game, Saints. This, in my opinion, was the real Super Bowl. Thanks for the fantastic game! Good luck next year, assuming Brees stays competitive you’ve got a bright future.

88. I’m a Packers fan and wanted the Saints to win, but gotta give the Vikings credit and don’t ever apologize for winning. Was there luck involved? Absolutely but most will say a little good fortune is part of it.

89. I think the Vikings had two secondary players leave with concussions. Their availability next week could be huge because the defense definitely dropped off in the second half without them.

90. dejc421 says:
    January 14, 2018 at 8:20 pm
    juice08 says:

January 14, 2018 at 8:17 pm

You still blew a 17-0 lead at home in the second half

_____________
    And that’s relevant because?

————————

Because you all are the great Vikings and you were supposed to blow the Saints out. The game wasn’t supposed to be close once it started. Vikings got the win and at the end of the day, that’s what matters. Sometimes it’s better to be lucky than good because that last TD was a defensive lapse and not some great play by Keenum and Diggs. All they had to do was LET him catch the ball and make the tackle INBOUNDS and the clock runs out and the Saints get the win. But Vikings got the W and that’s what counts.

91. As a long time Vikes fan I’d seen this movie before with the heartbreaking ending. But wait….it’s the special edition director’s cut with the miracle Hollywood ending. Wow…just wow!

92. I just watched the play again. The ball had not reached Diggs hands yet when Williams “missed him”. If Williams would hit him, it would have been before the ball got into Diggs hands, there for being PI and the Vikes get to try a relatively easy FG. It was unfornuate that he took out his teammate who would have had a chance to tackle. It was a bang bang play. No one at fault. If anyone was at fault it was the CB who got burned. This is coming from a football fan who’s team missed the playoffs.

93. With the missed FG, a sack taking us out of FG range, a boneheaded INT throw and a blocked punt, it shouldn’t have been close, but great job redeeming yourself Case at the end, and the combo of Diggs and Thielen cannot be beat in the NFL. Wright is clutch when they needed him. If they didn’t score more than 6 in the 2nd half, they didn’t deserve to win, but they scored 12 in the second half and showed they were the better team both statistically AND on the scoreboard. Gotta get the run game going to win it all. #bringithome

94. OOPs, FAIL! Wrong Marcus Williams. He plays for the Texans.

Your comment is awaiting moderation.
    Marcus Williams grew up a Vikings fan in HOPKINS MINNESOTA!!!!!!! Thank you Marcus!!!!

95. It was a great game with a little bit of everything. The Vikings dominated for a while, then the Saints dominated for a while, then both teams turned it on and traded field goals back and forth, and then the Vikings made one more big play at the very end. As often happens when good teams play each other, the team that possessed the ball last, won.

If they don’t anoint Keenum “the guy” at this point, Viking fans ought to storm the castle with pitchforks and torches.

96. Exciting game with a thrilling ending, but I’m curious about something if anyone can help (neutral fan watching this game btw)

On the Vikings final possession, with I believe 25 seconds left, they were penalized for a false start…why was there no 10 second runoff? Did the refs just miss that or is there a rule I’m missing? Just curious about that, thanks!

97. Well, us Eagles fans will welcome you Vikings to Philly next weekend. And it looks like you will be greeted by thousands of Underdog masks, Amazon already sold out……we are posted as 3 1/2 point dogs on our own field…..still as the number #1 seed. That’s, as they say, why they play the game.

Be careful what you wish for.

Think Keenum is about to be introduced to our boys Long and Cox.

98. Well duh.
    —–
    Even though I’ve given the vikes props all game you can’t turn it off can you? Funny thing is that your post is dripping with so much irony that I can’t tell if you’re serious or being sarcastic.

99. That play is gonna haunt Williams for the rest of his life. I watched his whole career at Utah and he’s a really good player but man – even Whittingham is probably embarrassed by that effort. When they showed the play from the upfield angle he looked like he was trying to AVOID a hit, like he was scared of taking a knee to the head or something… total and complete failure.

100. I wonder why the Saints did not run that clock down to almost nothing before the field goal? They had one timeout left….big mistake

101. Did the refs just miss that or is there a rule I’m missing? Just curious about that, thanks!
    —–
    Yeah they did away with the run off on pre snap penalties a few years back I believe.

102. Clutch throw by keenum and clutch catch by diggs with the awareness to not fall down and take it all the way. I thought he would run quickly out of bounds for a clutch game winning 55+ yard fg for the win. Even if the dB tackled him I think Diggs has the strength to get out of bounds with the great clutch ball placement by keenum. The kicker was feeling good so it would still be a win for the vikings If it came down to a 55 yard fg. Clutch pass by keenum ,clutch catch by diggs. Clutch defense by the vikings to stop the saints and give keenum just enough time to connect with diggs. Clutch offense clutch defense Clutch clutch clutch.

103. I can’t believe how many people will not say what they just saw. It was a fix, and the terrible attempt at one right in front of us on national television. There is no way a pro-let alone anybody that has ever played the game could miss that tackle that badly. what a joke

104. MCxShow says:
    January 14, 2018 at 9:25 pm

——
    Nice find. But the rule states there is only a runoff for a false start IF

“there are 10 seconds or less left in the half or game.”

105. Vikes fan here. Saints had too beat the zebras and vikes in 1st half,smh. 2nd half, let them ball and brees showed he’s a hof’er. Buck and aikmen praise vikes defense during game but I don’t see it, could be much better. Saints had best draft class imo and should be good to go next year. Fluke play wins it. As far as afc homers claiming super bowl win, saints and vikes are good. Philly surprises with files. After tonight, anything can happen.

106. leatherface2012 says:
    January 14, 2018 at 8:24 pm

still looking for who green bay is playing next week?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And I’m still looking for you to man up and make good on our wager. Nobody likes a welcher.

107. The actual rule is a runoff of 10 seconds if the clock is running. Which at the time don’t think it was

108. And they didn’t even have to pay each other to injure the opposing players like the Saints did and their fans are proud of the team that did it lol

109. shlort says:
    January 14, 2018 at 8:20 pm

////////////////////////

I missed the packer game today, how did they do?

110. pkrlvr says:
    January 14, 2018 at 9:31 pm
    Well duh.
    —–
    Even though I’ve given the vikes props all game you can’t turn it off can you?
    —————————
    You posted a stupid and obvious question.
    Nobody thought the Vikings would pull it off, yet you had to be demeaning to Vikings fans.

I don’t buy your “ giving the Vikings props” routine.
    You said they were winning because of the refs.

111. That Rookie was told by the coaching staff “DO NOT commit PASS INTERFERENCE” period!

Mission accomplished

112. On the final play of this Saints/Vikings game it looked like the Saint’s secondary was in a drunken stupor. That was one of the worst efforts I have ever seen to defense an obvious long pass! The Saints deserved to lose with that lame defense on the final play.

113. zerotrophiessince1961 says:
    January 14, 2018 at 8:26 pm
    The Saints earned that win. The Vikings choked again. But then the Saints choked harder. Unreal. I guess I’m now an Eagles and Jags fan.

//////////////////

I wouldn’t be a packer fan either.

114. The 10 second runoff rule I read says nothing about “the clock running.” It does specify if a team has no time outs, is in possession of the ball, and there is a false start, there should be a 10 second runoff. What am I missing?

115. Speechless. I thought GB-Dallas in last year’s Divisional Round was the greatest finish to a playoff game I’ve ever seen.

This one topped it by a country mile.

And regarding the Saints, Marcus Williams didn’t lose that game with his missed tackle. The game should have never come down to a rookie safety making a 1-on-1 tackle against Stefon Diggs in the open field.

Sean Payton and his coaching staff so egregiously mismanaged the final minute of the game.

Calling a sideline pass on 4th and 10 instead of a throw over the middle to keep the ball in play and salt away valuable clock.

Having Kamara in the game instead of the bigger, more bruising Ingram on 3rd and 1.

Selling out to defend the hook-and-lateral instead of respecting Keenum’s arm and keeping defenders back to defend a potential Hail Mary.

Payton and his coaches snatched defeat from the jaws of victory, not Williams.

What an amazing game though. An instant classic, no ifs, ands, or buts about it. Looking forward to my Eagles facing the Vikings in what should be a great NFC Championship Game!!

116. I can’t believe how many people will not say what they just saw. It was a fix, and the terrible attempt at one right in front of us on national television. There is no way a pro-let alone anybody that has ever played the game could miss that tackle that badly. what a joke
    ____

You watch too many conspiracy shows. Take off the tin foil hat.

Do you have any idea how hard it would be to fix it to end that way? Any? To get the clock to 5 seconds left and have exactly that happen? Stop watching football, go back to the xfiles

117. JokerSC says:
    January 14, 2018 at 10:02 pm

____

You watch too many conspiracy shows. Take off the tin foil hat.

——–
    You mean like the “birther” birth certificate nonsense used for 2.5 years against a sitting Prez, that worked all the way to a win of the WH? Talk about “conspiracy.”

Lucky win Vikes. Good luck against NE, you’re going to need it.

118. The shoulder hits and leg grabs are what they are coached. It’s the only thing they have time for. The nflpa doesn’t want contact in practice, too many multi millionaire prima 6donnasb get hurt.

119. The Refs TRIED to STEAL this game by Not Calling the BLATANT INTERFERENCE on the Saints against Adam Thielen!!! By the way Troy Aikman is Completely BIASED Againt the Vikings! Could not be more obvious. He better NOT Be Calling Next Weeks Game!!! I miss John Madden! This is OUR YEAR!!! SKOL VIKINGS!!!

120. The 10 second runoff rule I read says nothing about “the clock running.” It does specify if a team has no time outs, is in possession of the ball, and there is a false start, there should be a 10 second runoff. What am I missing?

_________________________________________

I believe there is only a “run off” if the team does not have a time-out left. Not positive, but I think MN had 1 left at the start of that drive.

121. Great game by BOTH teams I am glad to be on the winning side of one of these heart breakers for a change . I thought that if the game was close in the 4th that Breese would pull it out and was right ,,,,, until Case Keenum and Diggsy!

122. Deplorable Ernie says:
    January 14, 2018 at 10:09 pm

——–
    Seattle stunk this year, but they coach their DB’s to wrap up and tackle. That was their forte in previous years. Too bad the game had to end on an obvious mistake.

123. “The Refs TRIED to STEAL this game by Not Calling the BLATANT INTERFERENCE on the Saints against Adam Thielen!!! ”

What you really mean is “There were so many bad calls that favored the Vikings, we were expecting to get more of those”. Just be happy your team got lucky and somebody out-Vikinged the Vikings.

124. Amazing how many people are in denial over this and can’t believe what their eyes tell them. This game was thrown worse than when the Steelers stole the Super Bowl from the Seahawks. the NFL is now officially nothing but trash for allowing this to happen. Keep call it a miracle LOL it’s a shame it all came down to this

125. leatherface2012 says:
    January 14, 2018 at 10:09 pm
    i wonder as diggs was running it in, if rodgers had a purple crush soda again?
    _______________

Of course you would, because as your team is pulling off a miracle of a victory, your uncontrollable obsession makes you ponder what a QB that has started two games in the last 4 months is up to.

Congrats to all the sane Viking fans on the win, but they have a lot of work cut out for them yet.

126. It gets a tad bid easier from here. This game SHOULD also be in Minnesota as we had a way tougher schedule and more Quality Wins than Philly. Luckily we are from a cold weather city which will help us to win 34-9. New Orleans would have Lost a close Game in Philly just like Atlanta. Would have been nice to have Beaten Pittsburgh in the Big Game, but we will have an easier time with most likely New England, but even more so with Jacksonville……

127. “Admit it packer fans.

You were all waiting in jubilation to type “Vikings CHOKE again” before the miracle.”

Close. I am a Packers fan (not a McCarthy fan), and was hoping to get to reply to all the early postings (in the halftime post) saying how clearly superior the Vikings were.
    But no, it didn’t seem like a choke if they lost. More like the refs stopped helping them in the 2nd half. So, yay, we get to hear some of you tell us how dominant the Vikings are for another week. Some are already saying the Vikings were clearly the better team today. Delusional.

128. There will be no Super Bowl for the Vikings. No miracle next week. Outdoors in Philly, they will get annihilated and the crying will be intensely enjoyable.

129. thetruthstings says:
    January 14, 2018 at 10:15 pm
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Agreed. I can’t stand Aikman or Buck. They better not be calling next weeks game. My god, what a disgrace to broadcasting.

130. Was out this afternoon and just finished watching the recording of this game. Oh. My. Gosh. Holy cow!!! What a game!! What a FINISH!! I’m so sad that football is almost over. Congrats to the Vikes!!

131. Damn what a good game. I picked the Vikings but thought Brees won it. Hard fought game by both teams. Very entertaining.

132. That whiff by Marcus Williams may be the single worst defensive play I have ever seen in a football game of any kind in my entire life.

133. Although the Vikings were Very Fortunate to win, It was “ALL SKILL” in that last Play. First a near Perfect Throw with NFL BEST Touch by the 2017-18 NFL MVP “On Your Case Keenum” to Diggs who even IF Tackled would have gotten out of bounds for the Potential Game Winning Field Goal. Then Diggs who made a Superior Athletic Play and Catch and was Smart enough to see an opportunity to not leave it in the kickers hands and SCORE!!!

To Sum it up, WE WON THE GAME! and we did it Fair and Square!!! After the 27-0 Drubbing of Cleveland for the 1969-70 NFL Championship, This may have been our Best Win Ever! At least until we Hoist the BUD GRANT Trophy in Super Bowl 52!!!

134. I remember in ’85 Bud Grant was asked about my Bears and he said (paraphrasing, long time ago) “I think they’re going to make it to the Super Bowl and I think they’re going to win the Super Bowl. They are a team of destiny.”

I think it is now the Vikings’ time. Go win the damn thing!

(They’ve certainly had more than their share of heartbreak.)

135. djvh2 says:
    January 14, 2018 at 8:44 pm
    “The better team won, but credit to the Saints on coming back twice.”

Actually, after the refs let up, the Saints outscored the Vikings 24-13.
    Only a Vikings-like bonehead last play by #43 gave them the win.
    %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
    Whats a Matta? Loose some money on this one? First of all the talent in the NFL is very close player to player, Great Coaches and owners work their magic on those later round players and that is how good teams survive winning seasons in a row. I have lived through So many of these games that Minnesota has let slip away, they nearly did it again but Now you see the difference a GOOD Coach makes with a “Never surrender” attitude. A lot of Minnesota’s Assistant Coaches have been there for a long time and things are hard to change at times. It is very hard for fans of other teams to watch a franchise get good. Just grow up! Minnesota loses 100% of games like this from the late 60’s on until today. Playing a team you have beaten earlier is one of the hardest things in the World if you don’t play them often. The Saints Coaches did a very good job of adjusting at halftime. Minnesota didn’t make any adjustments thinking they could continue what was working. It should have cost them the game, Coach Zimmer will make a mental note of this.. If he doesn’t Parcells will certainly do it for him!

136. vikeyvike says:
    January 14, 2018 at 8:28 pm

Good win by the Vikings.
    Case had himself a statement of a game.

==========

And too often that statement was, “put some pressure on me and I will heave up the most bizarre, directionless, floating passes to no one that you’ve ever seen.”

I like the guy, but if he does that in the next few weeks, they’re losing by 21.

137. realnflfacts says:
    January 14, 2018 at 8:19 pm
    _____________

I’ll raise…
    Why watch it and log-in to comment on Pro Football Talk about it, thus fanning the flames, if you perceive the ‘trash product’ as ‘rigged’?
    Cold turkey!
    That’ll show ’em…

138. That second half performance and there are still smug Viking fans on the thread? Do any of you realize how lucky your team got today? The referees made some bad calls against both teams, but the Vikings had more favorable calls at key times. That game was garbage really. The excitement of the last play will take the spotlight off of the horrible officiating. That was some of the worse I have seen. I am happy for the players. I mean, Keenum being thought garbage for years and has a season like this? How great is that for him? And the guys who.played there for years knowing the have a legit chance to hoist a Lombardi? The smug fans who troll here? Those fans don’t deserve anything but a heartbreaking end to the season. The team deserves to win. Too bad the Vikings have such trash fans. Not all, but some.

139. logicalvoicesays says:
    January 14, 2018 at 8:16 pm
    Congrats to the AFC for winning the Superbowl.

—————

Whatever dude. The NFC was a total dog fight and the AFC is a total joke. Whoever makes it for the NFC will have really earned it.

The Vikings have the #1 defense is the league and the offense is very efficient. If the Superbowl comes down to the Jaguars and Vikings I’d take Case Keenum over Borttles anyday.

The Patriots….that will be a tough one. But if that game happens it will be the #1 defense againt the #1 offense. IN recent history the defensive team has won those games.

Stop hating and talking non sense.

140. djvh2 says:
    January 14, 2018 at 8:44 pm
    “The better team won, but credit to the Saints on coming back twice.”

Actually, after the refs let up, the Saints outscored the Vikings 24-13.
    Only a Vikings-like bonehead last play by #43 gave them the win.

————

Both teams were even. Vikings have the best defense and a decently efficient offense, Saints have an amazing offense. Sometimes when even teams play a miracle play is what it takes.

141. thetruthstings says:
    January 14, 2018 at 10:31 pm

What? Looking at vikings schedule, the only quality wins id give them are vs saints, falcons and rams. Quality wins id give eagles are vs falcons, rams and panthers. That’s 3 apiece. So 2 of vikings quality wins are teams that the eagles also beat, plus eagles beat panthers who the vikings lost to. I know you can’t really judge a team by common opponents, but I just don’t get your logic on why vikings should be the 1 seed. As a matter of fact, vikings HAD the 1 seed for one whole week before they blew it and lost to those carolina panthers.

142. shlort says:
    January 14, 2018 at 11:03 pm

———-

All fanbases have trash fans. Not just the Vikings.

143. Of all the playoff games the Vikings have played in, this one ranks the greatest ending in Vikings history. Best part is we won it fair. SKOL!

144. shlort says:
    January 14, 2018 at 8:20 pm

————

This is what every fan says when a team they want to win loses. This is what we say w hen the Packers win and we want them to lose. It’s not to see it from the otherside.

The Officials were not bad in this game. There were several calls that went in the favor of the Saints and vikings. How about the “No call pass interference” call on Adam Theilen on the last play? That play was designed for him but he got taken out of the game basically, so they went for Diggs instead.

If you want bias reffing watch the Patriots game from yesterday.

145. I am a Vikings fan, have been since the early 70’s. I see some on here who want to trash the Vikings, in their win. I guess that is your prerogative. But why cant you give the team credit, for what it did today. Digs could have just as easily, stepped out of bounds, or missed the ball all together. Keenum could have easily overthrown the pass.
    The defense could have played as poorly, in the first half, as they did in the second half.
    I don’t talk smack….never have. I just don’t understand why others cannot congratulate a team, for a job well done. God Bless.

146. “Whats a Matta? Loose some money on this one? First of all the talent in the NFL is very close player to player, Great Coaches and owners work their magic on those later round players and that is how good teams survive winning seasons in a row.”

Nope, didn’t lose any money on this or any other game. Which good teams are you referring to with winning seasons in a row. The Vikings were 8-8 last year, the Saints were 7-9. Sure, be happy for the lucky (out-Vikinged) win and no need to apologize for a win. It’s just that many of the Vikings fans on here are acting like they had the clearly superior team. There are even comments that it gets easier for them now. Seriously, nobody outside of your fan base sees the Vikings as a dominant team, just a good team in a down year. They could win it all – The Cubs eventually did – but only a loonie would bet on it.

147. bird2urmother says:
    January 14, 2018 at 11:11 pm
    thetruthstings says:
    January 14, 2018 at 10:31 pm

———

I agree. Who knows who will Win. I think a reason people are saying this is just that the Vikings defense is more talented and Case Keenum seems like a more reliable QB than Foles. Case had the #2 highest QBR in the league.

148. thetooloftools says:
    January 14, 2018 at 8:18 pm
    WHAT DID I JUST WITNESS? HOLY SMOKE !

338 7 Rate This
    ——————–

Man I really feel bad for the 7 people who dropped a Thumbs down on that.

149. Rdog says:
    January 14, 2018 at 8:40 pm
    Vikings fans and Patriots fans are the most insufferable people on the planet.
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
    So that leaves the question of, WHY are you posting here? Like we give a dang about you, or how you feel.
    Or is your team out of the chase and you just want to spread your misery? Either way don’t let the door hit you on your way out.

150. I’m not even a Saints fan, but man, that guy Williams is a dumb, brainless numbskull. Someone should take a baseball bat to his knees. He should be cut immediately. His car and house should be set on fire. His locker should be emptied and his clothes stuffed in the toilet. He’s a worthless dope. I know his teammates hate him.

151. I’ll admit this game had me nervous all week. A good QB can and will move the ball against a great defense, and Brees is a great QB. Hall of fame. Saints are tough and resilient. I was disappointed that they outplayed Minnesota in the second half but Brees was the main reason why. To be honest, its an honor to win a game against such an awesome team and player.

It came down to the last play and a historic, unforgettable finish. Wow! We finally got one.

Congrats to the New Orleans Saints and their fans for a great season.

152. birdsin2018 says:
    January 14, 2018 at 8:33 pm

Cant remember a game with so many bad penalties…at least the refs helped move the vikings on.
    ////////
    Ok, I’ll remind you of one.
    the 2009 NFCC Vikings/Saints go watch it.

153. shlort says:
    January 14, 2018 at 11:03 pm

***
    shlort, you are so bitter I feel bad for you. Honestly. You’re letting hate consume you. You were praying Barr would get injured on Christmas Eve. And you call Vikings fan trash? Did you forget your medicine?

154. “I’m not even a Saints fan, but man, that guy Williams is a dumb, brainless numbskull. Someone should take a baseball bat to his knees. He should be cut immediately. His car and house should be set on fire. His locker should be emptied and his clothes stuffed in the toilet. He’s a worthless dope. I know his teammates hate him.”

Not only are you NOT even a Saints fan, you’re not even a human being.

155. Both the Eagles and Vikings look much worse than last year’s Falcons, and both needed luck to squeak by inferior teams.

Whichever of them gets to the Super Bowl, they’re getting killed.

156. Looking at the umpteenth replay on the game winning touchdown: The Saints’ Williams (#43)would or should have been called for pass interference had he made contact with Diggs. The clock would have stopped or there would have been an untimed down and a field goal attempt. Doesn’t mean my Vikings would have won, but give the rookie a break. His real mistake was being early on the play and that’s why he took the dive.

The offensive line still had to protect Keenum, Keenum still had to make the throw, Diggs still had to make the catch and score. Give credit where credit is due, the Vikings played to win-the-game.

157. Marcus Williams could have just held the receiver, bc the refs swallow the whistle on the last play. Ask John Harbaugh and Jimmy Smith about that.

158. shlort says:
    January 14, 2018 at 11:03 pm

//////////////////////
    I know exactly how lucky the Vikings were today.
    Almost as lucky as the Saints in the 2009 NFCC game.

159. The Vikings didn’t beat the Saints, the Saints beat themselves.
    ______________________________
    Nope, it was the Vikings. I remember that same excuse when we lost against the Saints in 2009. No saint just fumbled tonight, every turnover was forced. Keep hating!

160. I would have preferred a second half that looked like the first, but it was worth it to watch that agonizing 29 minutes and 50 seconds to experience the last 10 seconds. Let’s do it the easy way next week, okay guys?

161. Trevector: “…His real mistake was being early on the play and that’s why he took the dive.”

Thinking about it, I think you are exactly right.

162. I have been a Vikings fan since 1975… But today should have never come to this. The vikes laid back in the second half Put the boot on the throat and Kill. Vikes offense seemed little vanilla in the run game they should roll out Keemun more often it will loosen the linebackers up.

163. I could have done without Diggs’ posturing at the end. That went on forever. You took all the good karma and sucked it out of your team by acting like a tool. I get that you are excited and all, but the pose-off was a bit much.

I am not a fan of either team, but it was a good game whenever Steratore’s crew wasn’t involved. That guy is a terrible ref.

164. So who had money on the NFC championship being quarterbacked by two Rams back up/reject QB’s?
    Jeff Fisher looks worse and worse every passing week.

165. As a Saints fan, that one is hard to take, I didnt think the 2011 loss at SF could be topped, but wow was I wrong. That said, it was a great season and there is a ton of talent on the roster for a few years to come.

As for the Vikings, if there are any fans that understand what this is like, its them. The 2009 NFC CG, Gary Anderson, etc. Sure, a few calls went the other way, but that happens in every game. In the end, the Vikings had to make a miraculous play and they did. Its a one in a thousand shot, but it was decided fairly on the field. A long time Saints fan can at least appreciate what its like to suffer for decades then finally have something miraculous happen in your team’s favor.

I will just hope for revenge next year!

166. Everything that happened leading up to that last play is…whatever. Keenum had a clean pocket, made a good throw, Williams was too quick to the receiver and had to avoid him, Diggs made a good catch and run: touchdown, no time left on the clock.
    Grats, Vikings, on to Philadelphia. Play a better game and get some dirt on Foles’ jersey!

167. pkrlvr says:
    January 14, 2018 at 8:24 pm

—————————–

At that very moment, I sent a msg to my cousin saying “It’s not over until it’s over, was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?”. I will admit it looked like the chances were slim and none, and slim had a severe limp.

168. VIKINGS + PLAYOFF GAME + GOOD LUCK

There have been many Vikings games in their history where a regular season game has ended either with good-luck or bad luck.
    Vikings have had a good number of play-off games end on bad luck. A Vikings misses an easy play (wide/left) or fumbles the ball, or throw a really dumb kick, or misses a FG for the 1st time.
    This game even had that 1st punt of the year to go in the endzone.

Yet on this game While Case and Diggs (and the line) all gave it their best to the end and made a great play. Diggs as he said took a picture before the play and knew that his coverage guy would be the last guy so when he felt him brush him instead of going out of bounds (4 seconds left and all the players on the sideline yelling to go out of bounds) he did the SMART thing turned stayed upright and ran to victory. This day it was a player from the other team that whiffed.

That was good luck and for once the Vikings got it in the play-offs. Like the Steeler immaculate reception, Brady’s tuck rule etc.

SKOL

169. No one even mentioned how savvy the Vikings coaches were to save those 25 seconds with 2 timeouts and give themselves a chance. Was one of the greatest Vikings wins in my lifetime. Let’s go in Philly next week!

170. To win in philly you are gonna need a dominant defense and a great run game – the problem is philly is better than you at both of those categories. Those ducks keenum threw will turn your stomach next week, it will be cold, there will be wind, and your fantasy season is officially over. The Eagles get ish because of Nick Foles? A guy who out performed Manning, Carr, and Ryan in each of their respective games?!? All the bs the vikings play with will not fly against the Eagles!! E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!!!!

171. The bonehead play of the year allows the Vikings to score a TD on a desperation pass. Don’t know the DB’s name who “ole’d” Diggs after the catch but he (the DB) is going to have nightmares the rest of his career. Stupid, stupid, stupid. He tried to hurt Diggs by undercutting him while Diggs was in the air instead of wrapping him up. That was the worst attempt at tackling I’ve seen since 1960. Case Keenum beats the Saints!!!!! Whodathunkit? Ruined a HOF performance by a future HOF QB.

172. eaglesfan77511 says:
    January 15, 2018 at 4:53 am
    When wrs make a play at the end of the game do they act like clown?

1 0 Rate This

——

You make a historic catch in dramatic fashion and see how you react.

173. Lots of opinions on the finish of this game. I keep hearing about officiating in the Vikings favor. I don’t know what game people were watching but this saints DB’s we’re grabbing and interfering with the Vikings wideouts all game and only the first few were called. Those WR’s were torching the saints DB’s! Everybody is talking about the rookie Marcus Williams missed tackle. He went low to get him to the ground. If he goes high Diggs gets out of bounds with 3 seconds left on the 33-34 yard line and the kicker kicks a game winner anyways (barring a miss of course). What about the 4 man pass rush that didn’t get to Keenum after pressuring him well all game? They didn’t do their job either! It takes 11 guys to execute. It’s not the kids fault for a poor tackle, it’s all 11 guys fault for not executing the play call. The moment Diggs catches that ball, the game was over for the saints whether by FG or missed tackle. Players make plays, and ALL game those WR’s made excellent effort catches. Keenum gave his WR’s a chance to make a play on the ball, and play after play they came up with Big catches. Theilen, Diggs, and Wright hats off to you…salute! The better team won because they made one more play than the saints did. Good throw, GREAT catch and phenomenal body control to come down stay in bounds and make the house call. That Vikings team may be the best all around team in the playoffs right now and that HUGE win may give them the momentum needed to close out the season with a SB ring! Vikings fans be proud your team balled out!

174. Saints No. 43….you cost your team a win. All you had to do was tackle the guy! Game over! Obviously, the NFL — and colleges, too — don’t teach the secondary how to tackle. It was something you should have learned when you first started playing football — wrap your arms around the guy with the ball and TACKLE him! You cost your team! You cost your team! You cost your team! Sleep well the next 6 months with that thought bouncing around in your head.

175. knew8411 says:
    January 14, 2018 at 11:21 pm
    ___________________________________________
    WELL SAID!!!
    Vikes D played so well in the first half but… NOBODY can keep Brees down forever, he’s too damn good!
    As for all the haters, well, real fans, real football fans, won’t let your silly posts bother them. Great game, great finish!

176. bkgrime says:
    January 15, 2018 at 7:00 am
    eaglesfan77511 says:
    January 15, 2018 at 4:53 am
    When wrs make a play at the end of the game do they act like clown?

1 0 Rate This

——

You make a historic catch in dramatic fashion and see how you react.

177. bkgrime says:
    January 15, 2018 at 7:00 am
    eaglesfan77511 says:
    January 15, 2018 at 4:53 am
    When wrs make a play at the end of the game do they act like clown?

1 0 Rate This

——

You make a historic catch in dramatic fashion and see how you react

/////////////////////

Biggest clowns out there are the philly defense doing the electric slide causing their coach to have to waste a TO.

178. ARod(in his collarbone) says:
    January 14, 2018 at 10:36 pm
    thetruthstings says:
    January 14, 2018 at 10:15 pm
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

////////////////////

Careful what you wish for, Chris Collingsworth calling the SB

179. Edelman made a much more amazing catch in a bigger game with 3 guys on him. He didn’t need to perform a 2 minute bad boy pose.
    _____

Edelmans catch was in the middle of a drive and he had to get back to the huddle for the next play, there was still work to do. It also was not a “walk off” TD to win a playoff game. Apples and oranges.

That said, Diggs did mug it a bit longer than needed.

180. The Vikings should have run the ball more on the 2nd-to-last possession. They should have won 23-21. The fact that they left way too much time on the clock allowed the Saints to come from behind in the first place. They were the better team and deserved the win.

181. Williams should be made to change his number from 43 to something else. 43 is Richard Petty’s number and is a number of greatness not missed tackles.

182. red says:
    January 14, 2018 at 8:15 pm
    we have witnessed a miracle
    _______________________________________

That was NO MIRACLE, that guy took a freakin’ DIVE bro! If you didn’t see that you are blind!

183. expertatnfl says:
    January 15, 2018 at 9:11 am

~~~~~~~~~~~~

This. That incomplete pass on 3rd down, before the last Kai FG, was boneheaded. Runing the ball, forcing NO to take its last TO to stop a 40-45 second loss of time, would have been the right call. Thank goodness things turned out the way they did, but there was very poor play calling after the Vikings went up 17-0.

And to fend off anyone think I’m bashing on the Vikes, I’ve been a fan since birth, in Minnesota, in 1960. Just like the franchise. I’ve seen a lot…

184. THANK YOU VIKINGS!!!!! Signed Panthers Fan!!! The AINTS are who we thought they were!! lol Stay humble!! Cam Jordan how ya feeling????? Ted Ginn how loves ya baby!!! Where the BROOMS dancing, posing and jabs baby!!!! Join the COUCH!!!!!

185. Not a Vikings fan, but that was one hell of a game. Congratulations to Minnie fans; two tough, talented and well-coached teams and the Vikes came out on top. You guys have a shot at the glory.

186. thetruthstings says:
    January 14, 2018 at 10:15 pm

————————————

I agree Aikman and Buck are horrible, But Madden would have just talked about Favre for 2 hours.

187. Watched the final play several times last night after hearing Williams’ explanation and I can understand it. Final play, tons of adrenaline, and Williams closed on the play at full speed which was a bit too fast. He hits Diggs early and it’s a pass interference in field goal range with a reasonably reliable kicker in a dome.

Feel bad for the kid and hope he’s able to move past this.

188. No-class Payton mocking Vikings fans with a Skol chant. I hope this loss remains burned in his psyche for a long, long time. The loss is his fault alone.

Hey, Sean! SKOL! SKOL! SKOL! SKOL! SKOL!

189. pkrlvr says: “Admit it Viking fans, you knew this game was over with 14 seconds left and no timeouts. What an emotional roller coaster.”

I’ll admit that at halftime I thought the game was all but over. Then Keenum was sacked midway in the 3rd followed by that pick on a toss he shouldn’t have made in the first place. By the time of the 2 minute warning, with both teams trading scores, I couldn’t watch… but I also couldn’t not watch. And when Diggs ran it in for the final score, I was too numb to do anything at all. But to be perfectly honest… I really REALLY enjoyed the way the Vikings won against the Saints on Sunday. There was almost a kind of poetic karma undertone to it after the OT loss to them in ’09. We can now scratch that particular demon from our closet of skeletons. So next week we face the #1 ranked Eagles… and while I don’t think it’ll be easy for the Vikings, I do believe it to be a very winnable game for them… if Coach Zimmer can get the players re-focused. The Vikings made WAY too many fundamental errors for my liking against New Orleans.

190. The really important number is 23. As in 23 million people didn’t watch the playoffs in 2017-18 as opposed to 2018.

Enjoy the first Super Bowl with massive amounts of empty seats.

191. I admit it didn’t look good for Minnesota but the Vikings only needed only a FG. Williams needed to do more than just tackle Diggs. He had to keep Diggs in bounds with his momentum going towards the sidelines where Diggs would have been headed.The Vikings would have had a FG chance where he caught the ball. The lead changes in the 4th quarter and that ending, just a great game to watch.

192. As a Saints fan a big congrats to the Vikings. Your team made the plays needed to win and absolutely dominated the Saints for the majority of the game. You’ve experienced decades of heartache yourselves and deserve this opportunity. While it was a miracle play they happen in the NFL and it just shows any one play of any game can decide things. It truly is a game of inches.

There is absolutely no need for any fans to be classless towards each other and more so for the non-Vikings and non-Saints fans who chime into threads like these.