Report: Adam Thielen will play

Getty Images

There didn’t seem to be much of a doubt that Vikings receiver Adam Thielen would play on Sunday despite a lower back injury. If there were any doubt, there should be none.

According to Andrew Krammer of the Minneapolis Star-Tribune, Thielen will play on Sunday evening, when the Vikings face the Eagles in Philadelphia.

Thielen showed up on the injury report Wednesday as not practicing. He was limited in practice on Thursday and Friday, and he was listed as questionable on the Friday injury report.

A second-team All-Pro, Thielen had 91 catches for 1,276 yards in 2017.

28 responses to “Report: Adam Thielen will play

1. I wish my Packers had a good WR like Thielen. Then we could play him at running back.

2. Good for him. If anybody deserves to play, it’s this kid. Win or lose. As much as he’s done for them this year he deserves to be a full participant in the joy if they win. If it goes the other way, can you even imagine the misery felt by guys that have missed a huge game in their careers and suffered through watching their team losing by only 1 or 2 points?

3. To the “Vikings” fans who claim we will be up by 17 after the first quarter, get a clue. There is a difference between being confident, and being ignorant.

Philly, just like us, has a very solid defense. This is gonna be a very good, and physical game. Am I confident that the Vikings can win this game? Yes. However I am expecting a very close score at the end of this game.

4. wafflestomp says:
    “Just curious how many QBs the Barneys want their team to suit up today, 3, maybe 4?”
    Probably the same amount of gb qbs sitting on their respective couches?

5. ninefingers9 says:
    January 21, 2018 at 11:35 am
    Good for you ARod. Expect whatever you want. I am expecting a blowout! Just dont tell me what to post.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You were probably saying the same thing last week. I’m not telling you what to post. But when 2 of the top 4 defenses go at it in the playoffs, a blowout is not even close to likely.

6. famundacheese says:
    January 21, 2018 at 11:35 am

Wow if the Vikes get up by 17….
    )))))))))))))
    Just stop your Eagles team doesn’t have Thomas,Kamara or Bress. You better hope they don’t get up by 17.

7. Good news I didn’t think Thielen would miss today but still. If he couldn’t go Wright,Floyd & Treadwell could more than make up for this.

8. ARod(in his collarbone) says:
    January 21, 2018 at 11:29 am

—————————–

ninefingers9 says:
    January 21, 2018 at 11:35 am

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Purple on purple crime. That’s perfect.

9. dirtyhelmet says:
    January 21, 2018 at 11:37 am

I really wish the Vikings had just one Lombardi for just in case we choke again tonight, or two weeks from now in our own house against the unstoppable Patriots.
    =======================
    Couldn’t agree more.

10. Glad to hear this. Does anyone know the extent of the injury? Something pulled, pinched in the lower back compared to a severe bruise are two totally different things. Hopefully they can just numb him up and he’ll be at 100%. 🙂

11. s:
    January 21, 2018 at 11:33 am
    wafflestomp says:
    Probably the same amount of gb qbs sitting on their respective couches?
    ————————————
    skoLOL!
    What? Did I touch a nerve?
    You guys were the Morons that we’re suggesting suiting up 3 QBs last week out of injury fears and I was the one that called you all silly because absolutely no coach in their right mind does that.

You guys continue to show everybody else on this site just how goofy and naive you all are when it comes to football and the playoffs.
    And then you get mad at Packer fans for simply pointing it out.

But Hey, stick the Minneapolis Missed Tackle Miracle in your trophy case and enjoy doing your lazy jumping jack chant for the last time today.
    I know we will!

12. Good news I didn’t think Thielen would miss today but still. If he couldn’t go Wright,Floyd & Treadwell could more than make up for this.
    ________________________
    If those three duds can make up for Thielen, then maybe Thielen isn’t that good. Or maybe you are just displaying wishful thinking.

13. wafflestomp says:
    January 21, 2018 at 1:09 pm
    s:
    January 21, 2018 at 11:33 am
    wafflestomp says:
    Probably the same amount of gb qbs sitting on their respective couches?
    ————————————
    skoLOL!
    What? Did I touch a nerve?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was actually the first guy that said I’d suit up all three if I was Zimmer and I’d do the same thing today. Any pass rush fierce enough to knock Keenum out may very well knock out either of the other two. We don’t really know how durable Teddy is after his freak injury but we’ve got enough data on Bradford to know that he definitely isn’t. I just couldn’t risk Bradford having another game like he had in Chicago, especially if him playing meant that Keenum was already out and I had no other options.

I’m not trying to bash Bradford here. I think it’s a shame the way he got beat to death on poor teams early in his career but the facts are what the facts are and the facts say Bradford is just too prone to knee injuries… for me, anyways, with this much on the line.

14. wafflestomp says:
    “Did I touch a nerve?”

No. Nope. To anwser another failed attempt at a set-up question.
    But, keep going low. It fits your jealous bandwagon in the now empty tundra. Shows how much you know about football. Let the decade of depression & irrelevance in gb begin. Skol!

15. wafflestomp says:
    January 21, 2018 at 11:06 am
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Troll all you want, But your team is sitting on the couch right now! HaHaHaHa!!