Bill Belichick pleased with Patriots’ focus

Getty Images

The Patriots practiced with music pounding in the Vikings’ Winter Park facility Friday. It was their lightest practice of the week, according to the team’s pool report, as they taper down for the game.

The Patriots practiced in pads Wednesday, made Thursday a bit lighter and had a final review Friday.

“I think they’ve been focused, no question,” coach Bill Belichick said in the pool report released by the league. “There are things that are different about this game, but we’ve managed those and we’ve tried to focus on what we need to do and I think the attention level has been good.

“It’s hard to win in this league. It’s very competitive. I think we’ll be ready to go and we’ll go out there and do the best we can.”

The team’s specialists had a kicking session at U.S. Bank Stadium on Friday. The entire team will travel to the stadium Saturday for a team photo and a gathering with family and friends as game day approaches.

“We kind of try to stay on a normal schedule,” Belichick said. “So normally what we would do is Friday is this, and then guys do whatever their individual thing is. They might do massage or get some extra rest or maybe a certain film [study] routine that they’re in. Tomorrow is going to be kind of a normal Saturday for us.”

36 responses to “Bill Belichick pleased with Patriots’ focus

1. Time to go to work. We have business with the league office this weekend, with the rock and stone.

2. I know nobody outside of Eagles fans thinks Foles can pull off the upset but the same was said about Jeff Hostetler when he beat the 9 point favorite Bills in Super Bowl XXV too.

Eagles: 33
    Patriots:31

Elliott connects from 53 yards out with 44 seconds to go to take the lead. Fletcher Cox strips Brady of the ball at the Eagles 46 yard line with 24 seconds left, Philadelphia recovers and proudly raises the Lombardi Trophy for the first time in their history. MVP: Nick Foles – 336 yds-3 TDs-0 Ints.

3. “I know nobody outside of Eagles fans thinks Foles can pull off the upset ”

Funny because I’ve seen fans of many teams and media from many different markets that think the Eagles can win. They have a great roster, are well coached and will play hard. They’ve had a great season and earned their spot in the big game.

I am hopeful the Pats can win but the only people discounting the Eagles are the fake Pats fans that post here and some media, especially the Boston homer media.

4. patsfan4lifesbchamps says:
    February 2, 2018 at 5:59 pm
    Here comes the beatdown Eagles. The Patriots are focused.

thermanmerman99 says:
    February 2, 2018 at 6:11 pm
    Eagles 28, patriots 3 – the 28-3 karma curse attacks
    _____________________________________________________

That’s 2 down, only a few dozen of chip’s sock puppets to go.

5. commentawaitingdeletion says:
    February 2, 2018 at 6:42 pm

That’s 2 down, only a few dozen of chip’s sock puppets to go.
    ————————

I should have known she was therman merman 99

6. The Patriots are going to dominate the Eagles. Belichick is going to pressure Foles and make him move. Foles could stand in the pocket and pick N.E. apart, but BB is one step ahead. As usual.

7. harrisonhits2 says:
    February 2, 2018 at 6:33 pm

“I know nobody outside of Eagles fans thinks Foles can pull off the upset ”

———————————————————–
    That’s good. Because the rest of your “fans” can’t stop running their mouths.

That’s ok. They can have it that way.

8. charliecharger says:
    February 2, 2018 at 7:16 pm

———————————————————-

That’s good. Keep telling yourself that.

9. whybotherifeverythinggetscensored says:
    February 2, 2018 at 6:13 pm

I REALLY hope the Pats go no-huddle or at least hurry-up, and don’t give the Eagles time to substitute. Other than being tiring for a defense, it can also create mismatches that Brady can read like a book.
    ————————————————-

That’s exactly what they are going to do. First order of business for that offense is to keep Philadelphia’s DL – the greatest strength of their team – and their chances for a fresh rotation throughout possessions limited as much as possible.

We’ll see how that goes.

10. mclennon99 says:
    February 2, 2018 at 6:10 pm

Eagles: 33
    Patriots:31

—————————

Wasn’t that upset more due to a great D that was designed by Belichick??????!

11. I’d like to see the upset, just for the story of it. It’s hard to deny that another Patriot win wouldn’t be historic though. Most of all, I’m hoping for a great game.

256 regular season games & the postseason just isn’t enough. Gonna be a long haul to next September…

12. mclennon99 says:
    February 2, 2018 at 6:10 pm

Eagles: 33
    Patriots:31

But, you go with that …if you gotta.

I don’t think Nick is going to throw for 3 bills either. But he will be accurate and productive. That’s all he’s going to need to be.

13. Man…the smug arrogance of some Patriot fans in these threads is nauseating. They have no problem with predicting beatdown this Sunday, while also accusing any Eagles fan of stupidity for so much as suggesting that their team has a chance. Double-standard much?

I have nothing but respect for the Patriots and their accomplishments, and I truly love Belichick’s entire approach to coaching. But I sure do hope my Eagles kick the Patriots tails all over the place, just like they did to the Vikings, just shut those Patriots fans up.

14. First off, Patriots aren’t scoring 31 points. That’s not happening. Philadelphia limited Atlanta and Minnesota to 17 points combined. I don’t care if it’s #Tommy or not with his never ending cadre of role players. They aren’t scoring 31 points. Ain’t happenin’, Capn’

First off the Eagles haven’t faced anything like the Patriots offence. Suggesting Atlanta and Minnesota somehow compare to the Patriots in that regard is pure stupidity. The Pats are not scoring 31, they are scoring more than 40 in this one. They already beat the best defense in the NFL. Jacksonville Jaguars.

41 – 13 Pats!

15. Spot on jxt2521, not to mention Norwood’s missed 47yd field goal otherwise Hoss doesn’t get the props.

16. wmnf says:
    February 2, 2018 at 8:35 pm
    _______________

Norwood was trash on grass. Kelly and co. needed to get inside the 20 for him to connect and it just didn’t happen. The “Bills” created a masterful gameplan of ball control and dropping 9 in coverage to slow down Jim Kelly’s uptempo offense. Note I said Jim Kelly’s offense because he actually called all the plays – one of the last QBs to do so in the NFL.

17. Like almost all Patriots fans, I expect another very close Super Bowl, like the other 7 under Brady & Belichick. It’s the Eagles fans who talk most of the trash. 28-24, with the game-winning TD in the last minute. Another test for the ticker…

18. therealtrenches says:
    February 2, 2018 at 8:26 pm

————————————————————————————————————————–
    I’m rooting for the Patriots because I like the Patriots. Hoping they win in order to quiet Eagle fans or some other nonsense seems a ridiculous motivation.

19. Focus is important. Especially when you’re using a lot of camcorders.

20. therealtrenches says:
    February 2, 2018 at 8:26 pm

_________________________________

No doubt we have our share of chucklehead posters on this site, but be assured, the bravado and “arrogance” in some of the pro-patriots posts and posters here is just someone trying to get a rise / response from an Eagle fan.
    We have have been vilified, demonized and called to the carpet for many years on this site, so we often come back swinging twice as hard with retort posts. Often times, WAY over the top to elicit a response the hater we’re tangling with.

Philly’s key is the same as any teams key against NE; knock Brady off his spot, make him uncomfortable. My guess is they will to a certain extent, but over the course of the game, NE offense will find it’s groove and overpower Philly.
    With Foles and you offense; Show me. I have to see it to believe it, and I don;t think Foles will do enough. Nor do I think Wentz would either.

NE 34
    PHI 19

21. It comes to what Foles can do to keep up. Patriots will score eventually even if Eagles D keeps the pressure on Brady. Keenum’s Cinderella season ended a game late in championship game than the miracle it took in previous game. Brady is no Keenum.

BB will try to stop the run and force Foles to throw a lot of short passes to stitch long drives. The deep throws ain’t happening as Pat’s play press man coverage.

31-17 Patriots

22. Congrats to the Pats for keeping their focus even with all the phony stories. The worse was John Clayton and MUT of WEEI reporting Brady got bit by a dog in practice this week. Kirk of WEEI talked with Guerrero who said BB and him high fived after hearing about the fake story they didn’t get along. Shame on the media and the people that believe them.