Trevone Boykin: “I want to be clear that the story is false”

Getty Images

The Seahawks released Trevone Boykin shortly after a report surfaced that the quarterback’s girlfriend has accused him of domestic violence. Boykin released a statement shortly after that.

Shabrika Bailey reportedly told police Boykin attacked her, choked her and left her in a puddle of blood with a broken jaw.

41 responses to “Trevone Boykin: “I want to be clear that the story is false”

1. Notice he does not offer any theory about how her jaw got broken. If he was present then he would know.

2. “The story that was reported casts a bad light on the organization”
    ———–
    They were classless before you and they will be classless after you so at least they got that covered.

3. Nobody picked him up when Seattle released him the last time. He ended up on their practice squad. Why even put a statement out at all Trevone….your football career is over.

4. If the injuries indeed happened and there was a witness there, what they hell were they doing during the assault? Popping some popcorn and watching?

Also, if this is a ploy by the “victim” to get back at him, i’ll give her credit for going the extra mile with the broken jaw, that’s some serious cray-cray to get him in trouble.

5. The PFT Lawyers are out in full force. Those that are saying he is guilty has obviously never known anyone that has had that happen to them. I know a guy who spent 13 years in prison for a rape he did not commit. He got a 20 year sentence, and served 13 years before dna testing proved his innocence. Any woman can say anything they want about a guy, and it’s instantly believed. That’s the world we live in, and it’s pathetic.

6. “I know a guy who spent 13 years in prison for a rape he did not commit. He got a 20 year sentence, and served 13 years before dna testing proved his innocence. Any woman can say anything they want about a guy, and it’s instantly believed.”

Pretty much the opposite is true. For decades the men’s story has been believed over the woman’s with the authorities questioning her every life decision and using it to paint a negative picture of her and blame her.

By the way, did the guy you know previously commit another rape and then get convicted of one he didn’t do? If not, then it doesn’t really apply here, because this is not the first time Boykin has been down this road. He has a history of DV.

7. niners816 says:
    March 27, 2018 at 3:45 pm
    “The story that was reported casts a bad light on the organization”
    ———–
    _____

Funny coming from a 9ers fan. Where’s Reuben Foster? Still on your roster, DV and all.

8. Lets see:

Girlfriend has choke marks, broken jaw, and is bloody.

Gee, I can’t imagine why a team would not want any part of that.

Good luck in prison.

9. Wow, Seattle like to collect human garbage at d-line and backup QB! Anybody remember what Tavaris Jackson’s wife said when he pulled a gun on her?

It was you better be more accurate with that gun than you are on the field.

10. “Guilt by association is real” …?

Guilt by evidence is even more real. Of course, I’m assuming people who get airlifted are generally pretty honest at that point in their lives.

11. “I understand the Seahawks’ decision to release me,” Boykin said, via Ian Rapoport of NFL Media. “The story that was reported casts a bad light on the organization and on me. I want to be clear that the story is false. The police have taken statements from the accuser, another witness and me. All of these statements confirm that I was not involved in the physical altercation. This woman has lied about me, and it has cost me my job. I know guilt by association is real. This person has fabricated a story and I am suffering the consequences. I will let the legal system run its course and I know I will be vindicated.”

__________

Well, damn. That’s some rather BRUTAL accusations in light of such a CERTAIN denial.

This is gonna be ugly for somebody, if it isn’t already…but it’s gonna be hellugly in the end, regardless.

Get ya popcorn ready! This is what Schadenfreude was made for, times like these…

12. ARod(in his collarbone) says:
    March 27, 2018 at 4:01 pm
    The PFT Lawyers are out in full force.

ARod I agree with you in principle. I wasn’t there and neither was anyone who is posting right now. Due process can, and should be allowed to resolve this after a proper investigation and eventually an indictment and trial. But – I still think the Seahawks were right to cut him based on the available evidence. It’s bad optics and it isn’t the first time that he has been in trouble.

13. thegreatjimbrown says:
    March 27, 2018 at 4:39 pm

——–
    Yes, until the past 20 years men have not been arrested for DV. But throughout history black men have been blamed and jailed for crimes they didn’t commit. That’s how the civil rights marches began. Emmett Till, blamed and killed for supposedly whistling to a white woman. Ever hear of him?

14. This player is despicable and I’m pleased to see Seattle doing the right thing.
    It’s just too bad for him that he doesn’t play for the Vikings, because he’d still probably have a job.
    Management not only stood behind a child abuser there, they actually gave him a raise to make up for the league’s mandated suspension.
    And their fans weren’t fazed in the least either, they allowed him to play the victim in that situation and cheered for him regardless.

15. dmoney253 says:
    March 27, 2018 at 4:42 pm
    niners816 says:
    March 27, 2018 at 3:45 pm
    “The story that was reported casts a bad light on the organization”
    ———–
    _____

_____

Having contact with a woman as you escort them out of your home versus waking up in a pool of blood with a broken jaw…… that is like the difference between running it and throwing a pass when you are on the goal line in the superbowl, two completely different situations and outcomes.

16. omeimontis says:
    presumed innocent is a cruel joke in the NFL.
    ==

Neither the NFL nor the court of public opinion are bound by it.
    As a multiple repeat-offender, even the fact that Trevone Boykin’s name has once again been tied to yet another — and this time a quite horrific crime — is all a business needs to take action.

17. Educated people know that “presumed innocent” is part of a Constitutional guarantee that applies to NOTHING except a citizen’s interactions with the government, and applies NOWHERE but in a court of law.

==============================================================

Indeed, the NFL has suspended players even though there is no evidence of wrongdoing. Therefore it is a sham investigation when the NFL claims that it is investigating whether a player is guilty or not. The player’s contract allows the league to do that, the federal courts rule, because the contract give the commissioner “broad powers” to discipline players. If players are not allowed to prove their innocence then the league should just stop the charade and suspend a player as soon as he is accused.

18. We believe you.

Good luck on your next career managing the french fry station at Carl’s Junior.

19. Way way too much mob rules in today’s world, guilty until proven innocent. If he did it or not, the teams response should be dependent on, on the justice system.
    That being said, I am sure the Seahawks probably told him stay totally clean or we release you .

20. dmoney253 says:
    March 27, 2018 at 4:42 pm
    niners816 says:
    March 27, 2018 at 3:45 pm
    “The story that was reported casts a bad light on the organization”
    ———–
    _____

_____

____

you must have been there and actually seen both incidents to have such personal knowledge to be able to testify as to what took place. Why don’t you go take the stand.