Josh Rosen: If Tom Brady ends up with six Super Bowl rings, I want seven

Getty Images

UCLA quarterback Josh Rosen says his goal as an NFL player is to win more than any quarterback has ever won before.

Rosen told ESPN that he wants to go beyond Patriots quarterback Tom Brady, who has won five Super Bowls. So if Brady wins one more before he retires, Rosen will want seven in all.

“I want to be great — in everything I do,” Rosen said. “As far as football, I always looked up to Kellen Moore of Boise State. I thought it was the coolest thing that he was the winningest QB of all time. I thought that was a cool word: winningest. So I want to be the winningest QB in NFL history. I want to win the most games and most championships. I’d say six titles, but if Tom Brady gets six, I’ll say seven.”

If Rosen sounds cocky, he says you have to be cocky to succeed in the NFL.

“I’m the best QB in the draft,” Rosen said. “A lot of guys are flashier, but I think I’m the most efficient, monotonously consistent QB in this draft. Rodgers has some flair, but if you watch Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Drew Brees, there’s nothing that’s explosive or Johnny Manziel — like. It’s just quarterbacking.”

Rosen says of his outlook, “I’m supremely confident in my abilities as a quarterback.”

165 responses to “Josh Rosen: If Tom Brady ends up with six Super Bowl rings, I want seven

1. As a Pats fan I don’t have a problem with this at all. He just wants to be the best like everybody entering the league. Remember, Brady told Kraft “I’m the best decision this organization has ever made.” Best of luck Rosen.

2. He should set more modest interim goals, like trying to reach Peyton Manning’s mark of only 2 SBs.

3. He’ll get ripped for it but he didn’t say he would be the winningest QB of all time, he said he wants to be. This isn’t DeShone Kizer saying “No one else can do what I can do. Imagine taking (Tom) Brady’s intellect and Brady’s preparation and putting it on a guy with Cam Newton’s body.” The later was a kid engaging in self delusion, the former is a confident guy saying what he wants to do. As a Pats fan I can recall Kraft saying Brady introduced himself with “I’m Tom Brady. We haven’t met yet, but I’m the best decision this franchise has ever made.”

4. Six rings! LOL! Keep dreaming! Pats are not Champions! Pats are Losers! Eagles are the Super Bowl Champions!

5. Well I guess if you looked hard enough you could find them on ebay PAL. Stupidity reins in this guys veins. I would pass on him just for that. Anyone with brains would say, I like to start with getting one first.

6. So many dumb people making equally dumb comments?? He is confident, so you are jealous. He is arrogant yet you find that troubling? Arrogance dummies is confidence. After reading what he said I now hope we in Buffalo get to draft him. He is a good QB who just might fool the crap out of you dummies.

7. This guy looks a bit like Rodgers…if he plays as well he’ll never sniff that many wins…

N.E. is unique, love it or hate it….

8. You don’t win championships by talking about it, you win by putting in the work. If you already think you’re the best quarterback in the draft, you probably don’t think you need to work that hard. Being drafted in the sixth round is the best thing that could have happened to Brady.

9. If Brady is playing for six rings. He must be planning on playing until he’s 80. What a joke of a lying,cheating team. No integrity whatsoever! SB Losers! HaHa

10. Here’s a better idea: shut your mouth, keep your head down, keep your ego in check, prove your worth on the field, and let your achievements speak for themselves. There. Fixed it for ya.

11. It’s a great attitude to have, you just don’t have to announce it to the world, especially now without having played an NFL game.

Let your play do the talking and others will speak to your desire and greatest.

12. Heh. And the media continues the war on confidence it began when Joe Namath refused to concede the Super Bowl.

13. How dare he be competitive! What a despicable scoundrel! His hopes and dreams should be crushed by now, what gives?

14. steelcurtainn says:
    April 10, 2018 at 1:36 pm

Lol. Offseason talk. First, Rosen needs to worry about starting his rookie year. Shady brady is done seeing asterisk sb wins.
    _________________________________________________

Nothing says stealers fan quite like whistling past the graveyard while predicting Brady’s imminent demise. You’ve been doing it for years now, while he has compiled an .833 win % against Pittsburgh. How has his .842 overall win % against the AFCN been working out for you? I mean a lot of guys would feel embarrassed to keep predicting Brady will fall off the planet week after week, year after year as he just keeps on keeping on but not you, no sir.

15. Rosen says: “I always looked up to Kellen Moore.” 31 teams take him off their draft board. Jerry moves him up to the top, because he also looks up to Kellen Moore.

16. TheDotardinChief says:
    April 10, 2018 at 2:01 pm

______________
    Considering how delusional you are as reflected by your name, you should not be giving advice to anyone until you get your cognitive dissonance checked by a mental-health professional.

17. TheDotardinChief says:
    April 10, 2018 at 2:01 pm

—————

That’s just talking. That’s not being competitive.

18. Gotta love it. Kids confident in himself and the boards are lighting up calling this kid every word in the book. Go 1-2 stories down on the home page and look at the praise being heaped on a guy who hurled racial slurs repeatedly at a Japanese dolphins trainer and dry humped a volunteer at a golf tournament because he retired.

19. You would think that a person with that much competitive fire as his words suggests, would have played in his bowl game.

Theres no way Tom Brady or Montana would have missed a bowl game

20. Peoples Republic of PFT says:
    April 10, 2018 at 1:29 pm
    The Incognito HOF quote now this…had to check my browser to make sure I wasn’t getting redirected to The Onion.

——————-

LOL!

Post of the week. These Millennials…Man, are they something.

21. It will be funny when Goodell mispronounces his name at the draft and gets tackled Waterboy style.

22. bmd88 says:
    April 10, 2018 at 1:35 pm

——————–

Sorry, The difference is, we didn’t know Brady said that. Rosen just pulled a Jay Cutler….”My arm is better than Elway’s..”

It’s great to THINK things and believe them, but to announce things that are longshots or not realistic, is another thing entirely.

– Pats Fan of over 35 years, season tickets in family since ’78

23. Well, he has talked the talk.

Let’s see if he’s at least able to put one foot in front of the other repeatedly, or something like that.

Rosen is going to be in the NFL for a long time, either winning championships or holding a clipboard or both.

24. Mayfield checks off all of the Parcells checklist, and Rosen has demonstrated all the needed ability on the field. Every other guy in the first-round conversation is about potential, which is in our imaginations.

25. I saw Josh Rosen play in person. I was unimpressed. Granted it was against the mighty Utah Utes defense but still…I think he won’t handle adversity well and will probably retire ringless, early and after a season or two of holding a clipboard.

26. .
    I thought the goal of a QB is to be like Marino and win a lot of games but never win the one that matters.

27. Well there’s good money to be made as a backup QB in today’s NFL and players tend to stay around into their late 30s/early 40s. Lots of chances to backup decent QBs as they play for the Super Bowl.

28. There we’re QB’s that didn’t win any that were great, there were QB’s that were ordinary and won more than one, so let’s hope your are put into a good team. But if you are going to be one of the greats take a leaf out of Brady’s book and don’t be to greedy when negotiating your second and third contracts.

29. terripet says:
    April 10, 2018 at 2:32 pm

Seattle n Atlanta gave the Patriots 2 Super Bowls
    _____________________________________

Well following that (ahem) logic, the Pats gave the Giants & Philly 3 so somebody owes the Pats another one.

30. I have no problem with confidence. I have a problem with this. Some are reporting that he isn’t even being looked at as a starter at this point, but he thinks he can get 7 rings? Yeah, ok.

31. With a statement like that, it’s my hope above all hopes that the Browns take him first, we all need a good tragic comedy!

32. Note to Josh Rosen: confidence is one thing, but giving teams a reason to check the “delusional” box is NOT a good thing.

Let your play on the field do the talking – not your mouth.

33. “If you watch Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Drew Brees…It’s just quarterbacking.”

**********************************************************************************

Had to laugh. If it’s “just quarterbacking,” every QB that walks into the NFL would be good at it and it wouldn’t be the highest-valued position. I’m all for people setting their aims high, but this is the 2nd or 3rd time there’s been a story about this guy saying something that comes off as naive/arrogant. Not sure if it’s the media distorting what he’s saying or if his agent needs to coach him up before he talks to people.

34. I feel the same way. If Brady ends up with six Super Bowl Rings, I want seven. It won’t happen for me either though.

35. I prefer my quarterbacks to face adversity in their lives. Not to have grown up with a silver spoon and had everything come easily.

How is he comparing Rodgers and Johnny Manziel. And he looks up to Kellen Moore? Guy has no clue. If he’s drafted to any cold weather city he’s in for a rude awakening.

36. Josh Rosen should thank the Eagles for preventing Tom Brady from getting yet another SB ring. His goals are lofty enough….no need to make them completely laughable.

37. terripet says:
    April 10, 2018 at 3:32 pm
    How did the cheaters hand a super bowl to Philadelphia. The eagles dominated them

terripet says:
    April 10, 2018 at 3:32 pm

——————-

Actually, no, the Cheagles got 2 free TDs from Goodell and the Pats came storming back to try to tie it at the end.

38. How about you get selected and earn the starting job before you start talking about what you want to do in the NFL.. Since at the moment you aren’t in the NFL yet.

39. One of the reasons Rodgers is said to have dropped in the draft was his arrogance. Hey, happy Packer fan here if that’s why S.F. the Vikings, and everybody else passed on him until Thompson made a common sense choice to pick the best guy on the board despite having a future Hall of Famer still playing well. If he’s got the work ethic to go with his confidence, the sky’s the limit.

40. terripet says:
    April 10, 2018 at 3:32 pm
    ——————————-

winning by 8 points is domination? lol, i’ll give you eagles fans a pass since winning is new to you.

once NE gets its best defensive player in hightower and best WR in edelman back, it’ll be a different story.

41. tb12greatest- aren’t these haters hilarious? You can count on them, and that’s always nice to know.

Brady threw for over 500 yards, the Pats defense didn’t even show up, the 2 Pats players who made the game changing plays the year before didn’t even play, Foles played the game of his life and yeah – you beat us.

once

Iggles – one and done.

42. Josh should be drafted by the Patriots and have an opportunity to learn directly from the GOAT (for now). He clearly has very high confidence and aspires to become the best. However, talking like this is not really the Patriot way. Since Bill Belichick took control 19 odd years ago, New England sights and expectations have been raised to the point that anything less than a Super Bowl ring is considered a failure. Josh Rosen future Patriot with 7 rings – sounds good to me.

43. “Brady has zero rings without cheating so not exactly a high bar to reach for.”

Only in the tiny little minds of Pats haters.

44. Hey Josh, you can’t just run your mouth and get a Super Bowl ring. You have to work for it. I know you’re from the state of entitlement (California) but that won’t help you in the NFL. You’ll be lucky to play three seasons in the NFL before you go home and cry in a corner about how mean they are in the NFL.

45. Brady has zero rings without cheating so not exactly a high bar to reach for.”
    _____________________________________________________________________________
    Only in the tiny little minds of Pats haters.

___________________________________________________________________________

46. terripet says:
    April 10, 2018 at 1:26 pm
    Don’t worry josh. Brady is done

—-

Hi Josh—welcome to the wonderful world of historically bad predictions.

In other news, Andrew Luck is this year’s MVP, so you’ll have to wait for that one too.

47. If he wants to be the Best, maybe he should have become the “winningest” QB in college history first. If he winds up with the Jets, he’ll have to play until he’s 65 to get halfway to Brady’s record …. if he’s lucky.

48. If someone hits the Lotto for one million, I want to hit it for two million.
    What I just said makes about as much sense as what Rosen said.
    Here’s a memo for you, Rosen. Shut up, get your nose in the playbook of whomever drafts you, and realize that you have done nothing in the NFL. You are a zero. In fact you are less than a zero — a minus. Because they’re going to hand you a lot of money before you ever set foot in a stadium and that makes you a minus.
    Or maybe I’m confused. Maybe you want to be better than Mike Brady, the father on The Brady Bunch, and have 7 kids instead of his and Mrs. Brady’s 6 kids.

49. The guy criticizes Aaron Rodgers and goes on to compare him to Johnny Manziel!!!!

I really hope he ends up in the NFC North.

50. He will need a head coach/GM like Bill, the system like the Patriots, and an owner like Kraft. Those are very long odds no matter how talented he is. But good luck anyways, perhaps Belichick will trade up for you in the draft.

51. How many rings does Montana have without cheating? Same for Elway, Bradshaw, and Manning?

I guess that NFL record book is littered with asterisks, and there have actually been zero legitimate Super Bowl wins.

52. “No Id have to agree this poster is right on. Their isn’t a spygate and deflatgate for nothing. Pats have zero credibility unless you live in NE.”

Spygate was a camera being 30′ out of position for half a game. I know you science and technology challenged people think the zoom lens was invented until 2008 the year after spygate, but it actually existed prior to that and the camera being 30′ farther away would have made no difference.

Deflategate is a disproven scam that Goodell had over 50 documented lies he told about. The only ball the Pats used that game that was more deflated than natural conditions account for was the one the Colts tampered with on the sideline. But I understand, you failed 5th grade science and are poorly educated, so its tough to wrap your mind around such things and easier to buy Goodell’s lies.

53. QBs that never have taken a down in the NFL that tell me how good they are have a shelf life of 3 years. Congratulations on your $25 million lottery. Invest well.

54. terripet says:
    April 10, 2018 at 1:26 pm
    Don’t worry josh. Brady is done

______________________________________

How many years in a row has this been said? Brady has apparently been done for the past 10 years, except in that time he’s been to several more superbowls.

55. I like the guy. The red flag is his concussion history, but another QB from his school in Aikman made it 10 years and 3 rings before they drove him out. At best, that is what I am looking for in Rosen.

Would love for my Jaguars to trade for him, but will root for him almost anywhere.

56. I think we’ve found our Manziel. Zero humility. Zero perspective. Probably not going to snort coke off of a swan, but I’m guessing will still cause huge locker room problems.

57. Deflategate is a disproven scam that Goodell had over 50 documented lies he told about. The only ball the Pats used that game that was more deflated than natural conditions account for was the one the Colts tampered with on the sideline.
    _____________________________________________________________________________________
    Scam, lol. Thanks for giving me a good laugh to end the day. Just like spygate wasn’t a scam and the pats weren’t docked a half a million and draft picks. Good One lol. Keep sticking to that story it won’t get you far past New England.

58. You’ve been doing it for years now, while he has compiled an .833 win % against Pittsburgh. How has his .842 overall win % against the AFCN been working out for you?
    Yes, but shady still lost the superbowl and him and his asterisk superbowls are still looking up the the only team with 6 sb wins, the Steelers. No one cares about regular season win stats but if that floats your boat, good for you.

59. I absolutely expect someone coming into a pro league to have this attitude about their potential. I next expect them to be humble and admit they have a lot to learn and then I expect them to work their ass off and try to prove their worth.

60. steelcurtainn says:
    April 10, 2018 at 7:04 pm

_______________________________________________________

I could have sworn they lost the SB to the Eagles(who I tip my cap to for making fewer mistakes than the Pats) but I guess for a bitter troll that was the most important win of the stealers year. Refresh my memory on a couple of things; Your boys got a couple of those SB wins in this century right? And what was the final score of this year’s Pats/stealers AFCCG you and your team were all geared up to play? You cared enough about regular season win stats to predict the Pats would lose just about every week but if you just want to go with only playoff #’s that’s fine by me. I don’t think it helps your cause much, Brady’s playoff win % against the Pittsburgh Ladies Auxiliary is 1.000, good for me indeed.
    Sweet dreams cupcake.

61. steelcurtainn says:
    _____________________________________
    ______________________________________

You really want to talk about how much the Pats own the Steelers in the post season too? Last time I checked the steelers dynasty ended when disco was still king.

62. harrisonhits2 says:
    April 10, 2018 at 4:03 pm
    “Brady has zero rings without cheating so not exactly a high bar to reach for.”

Only in the tiny little minds of Pats haters.

———–

Nope, out in the real World, out of Chowdaville where spy cameras, bugged locker rooms, deflated football’s Officials throwing games for The Chowdaheads are universally recognized as cheating across every Sport and every fanbase.

63. Pass on this guy, he’s already an NFL locker room disaster without appearing in one as of yet

64. Remember how Johnny Football was going to wreck the league before the draft? DEs around the league rolled out the welcome matt and turned him into Johnny Bench.

Get to the league, get on the field, get to the playoffs, get to a SB, and then someone might be listening when Rosen talks.

65. steelcurtainn says:
    _____________________________________

Which stealer qb has 5 rings on one team? Any stealer player? Coach? waterboy? I’ll wait. NE owns pitsburg on every level that doesn’t include stats drawn inside of caves.

66. tylawspick6 says:
    April 10, 2018 at 3:42 pm
    ——————-

—————–
    BWAHAHAHA the Patriots have been given many gifts from the officials and replay booth the entire season and you have the balls to say another team has special treatment? Oh the irony.

67. LOVE, LOVE THIS QUOTE!!

“I’m the best QB in the draft,” Rosen said. “A lot of guys are flashier, but I think I’m the most efficient, monotonously consistent QB in this draft”

That’s exactly what you want from your QB… EFFICIENT, MONOTONOUSLY CONSISTENT.

68. Their (sic) isn’t a spygate and deflatgate for nothing.
    ====================

Right. Both of those situations exist because jealous owners and a spineless commissioner wanted to hobble the Patriots and give other teams a chance to get to the playoffs and win the Super Bowl. The Jets were caught filming signals before and after “spy”gate. The Broncos were filming other team’s practices. The Jets were caught tampering with footballs and the Steelers were caught with deflated footballs. The total penalty for all of those transgressions, which the league deemed the most serious rules violations in sports history, was a $50k fine for one team.

69. billswillnevermove says:
    April 10, 2018 at 1:44 pm
    Nothing wrong with saying this, why play the game if you don’t want to be great?

—————–

Definitely nothing wrong with saying it. Nothing wrong with not saying it either. It makes no difference on how he will play.

70. Effthecheatweaseltrolls says:
    April 11, 2018 at 7:01 am
    steelcurtainn says:
    _____________________________________

———————————-
    This.

71. patsfan4lifesbchamps says:

April 10, 2018 at 5:07 pm

============================================

What system would that be? The one that returned Belichick an 18-19 record without Brady starting, with 33 of those 37 games started by a QB who went to at least 1 Pro Bowl?

But agreed, Rosen would need a great coach to reach that height. Just like Belichick needed Brady to reach his.

72. harrisonhits2 says:
    April 10, 2018 at 5:19 pm

——————————————————————————————

Simply delusional ^^^^^^^^^^^ Lol

73. drrichardrydze says:
    April 10, 2018 at 3:48 pm
    Brady has zero rings without cheating so not exactly a high bar to reach for.
    **********************

Absolutely love the irony of this post coming from this username. Simply priceless.

Also, i’m curious how one can win 7 SB’s going to a team (Cleveland) that has won 1 game in the last 2 years. Does Cleveland get an auto bye directly to the SB if they draft this guy, because that’s the only way he has a chance of winning that many playing for the Factory of Sadness.

74. drrichardrydze says:
    April 10, 2018 at 3:48 pm
    Brady has zero rings without cheating so not exactly a high bar to reach for.

========================

Boring and factually dubious -gates aside, what was the issue with last year’s SB run exactly?

75. superpatriotsfan says:

April 11, 2018 at 8:39 am

===================================================

BWAHAHAHA……. Pats almost had the Jags game stolen from them with the Dion Lewis play who clearly, by rule, was down by contact . If Doug Baldwin can secure a ball to his leg and David Tyree can secure one to his helmet, Lewis can secure a ball to his hip. Which he did. Its not disputable.

Also Pats deserved one more play in SB after Hogan was interfered with before the ball was delivered in the end zone. He got completely cleaned out with the defender clearly not playing the ball and Brady still in the pocket. Calls go for and against teams all the time, its part of the game. Pats didn’t get any “preferential treatment” last year. The facts do not back you up.