LeSean McCoy makes last-ditch plea to Richie Incognito

Getty Images

The retirement news from Bills guard Richie Incognito came suddenly Tuesday, and apparently caught his highest-profile teammate off guard.

Bills running back LeSean McCoy reacted with surprise and disappointment on social media, and made Incognito a counter-offer.

“Wait wait NOO!! Wood and you … listen 1500 yards I’ll give u 300k CASH,” McCoy wrote. “my favorite WHITE BOY EVER CANT retire lol… love u dog”

McCoy getting to 1,500 rushing yards would certainly be more possible with center Eric Wood and Incognito in front of him. And the $300,000 would help make up for the pay cut he was going to take.

But Incognito has said he wasn’t changing his mind about this decision, which means McCoy is going to have to adjust.

So will the Bills, who now have to rebuild the middle of their offensive line in addition to finding a quarterback with their pile of draft picks.

29 responses to “LeSean McCoy makes last-ditch plea to Richie Incognito

1. Nobody wants to live and play in Buffalo, Nowheresville USA if they aren’t under NFL money/contract. Incognito and almost everyone else runs away from that Boring town first thing smoking.

2. pftthoughtpolicemostwanted says:
    April 10, 2018 at 1:41 pm
    Wait, I was told repeatedly Incognito is a racist bully everyone hates.
    I wonder, would you be interested in farmland in the bayou’s of Louisiana? Or buying the Brooklyn bridge? Or that there actually is a Pot O’ Gold at the end of a Rainbow?
    As PT Barnum said repeatedly, A Sucker is born every minute.

3. I have zero issue with McCoy calling him “white boy” but I do have an issue if the reverse happened dumb people would get worked up over it.

4. logicalvoicesays says:

April 10, 2018 at 1:32 pm

_______________________________________________________________________________
    Says the Skins fan who said RG3 was going to be the best QB ever. Everyone laughs at your posts.

5. akaodoyle says:
    April 10, 2018 at 1:58 pm
    Is this the end of the second Bills dynasty?

—————–

The Bills at least made it to four SBs in a row. That in and of itself is an amazing accomplishment. Also keep in mind, the Bills are still trying to rid themselves of the stench that is Rex Ryan. That could set any organization back many years…

6. “logicalvoicesays” says: nothing logical or pertinent to…anything. Just another Keyboard warrior typing words.

7. joetoronto says:

April 10, 2018 at 1:34 pm

It’s all falling apart in Buffalo, gotta love it.
    __________________________________________________________________________________________________
    All falling apart in Toronto and Oakland……….oh wait, neither has an NFL team. Gotta love it.

8. Buffalo is a step above playing in the NBA and OKC. Richie has found out, the damage done to his body is partially reversible if he takes immediate life altering actions. In 6 months he will weigh 265 and look like a totally different human.

9. Paul Byvtary says:
    April 10, 2018 at 1:56 pm
    —–
    I would agree with you if there wasn’t a racist history behind white men referring to black men as boy. And seeing as how this was common as recently as the 60s and 70s I don’t think it’s something that occurred in our far away past. We have senior black citizens today that witnessed their fathers and grandfathers derisively referred to as boy.

10. joetoronto says:
    April 10, 2018 at 1:34 pm
    It’s all falling apart in Buffalo, gotta love it.

————-

At least Buffalo isn’t paying $25M a year for a stiff at QB…..

11. Let’s clarify….
    Number 2 for best cities to move to… Its current economy is moving from industrial business to tourism, while the healthcare and education industries are growing quickly. Unemployment is at 8.3%, which is lower than in the rest of the states. With a prolific arts scene and an affordable cost of living that is 14.4% below the national average, the city is ideal for people looking to move to a place with plenty of cultural events. There are over 20 parks in Buffalo, along with Niagara Falls, it is quickly becoming a greener, more active city. For sports fans, the Buffalo Bills and Buffalo Sabres will provide plenty of athletic entertainment. (And the Buffalo Bandits and Buffalo Bisons too! Not to mention 3 teams in March Madness, 1 in the women’s conference)

number 4 – Best Large City Cost of Living
    number 6 – Most Energetic
    number 8 – Most comfortable summer city
    number 12 – Manliest Sports Cities
    number 18 – Most Romantic for Boomers
    Copyright 2018 Sperling’s BestPlaces. All rights reserved.

I could go on but I think we all got the picture. For people who want to actually enjoy life and not sit at home getting drunk and on the computer, this is the a great place to live. There are a lot of things to do, and even staying home in a beautiful backyard that most places do not offer, is outstanding. I have lived my whole life here, and except for another place I plan on living for the winters, I would not go anywhere else. There are a thousand things to do in winter such as skiing/snowboarding, ice skating, tubing, etc, but personally I can’t enjoy them for other reasons. The nightlife is awesome and in my county the bars are open till 4am so BOOM! And when you have the right significant other to do these things with, life is awesome in Buffalo NY.

12. That was so awesomely true! Born here. Left for 10 years, moved west. 3 different cities during those 10 years. People are different there. Not social for the most part due to trust issues. Buffalo has lower crime. Cost of living high out there. People are friendly and social in Buffalo.
    However, I kinda wish you didn’t write this. Why inform here, to some of these who don’t know how good Buffalo is? Let them think what they will. Buffalo doesn’t need or want those types.

13. Billies need a starters @ center (maybe Groy will work)a guard, a MLB, & hopefully replace Mills at OT. (also a deep threat WR & DT/DE depth)

Can they really trade up for QB or go w/ AJ and the best QB available at #12?

14. logicalvoicesays says:
    April 10, 2018 at 1:32 pm
    ===========================

I’ve spent a lot of time in DC and Buffalo.

Let’s see one town is full of back stabbing liars not to mention the lobbyists who are people that I don’t even know how they sleep at night

Versus

A town full of hard working, mostly blue collar, salt of the earth Americans.

I have no dog in the fight. I live 1/2 way between both places. But I’d rather spend the rest of my life in Buffalo than my next vacation in DC.

PS: Glad to see you back. The most famous moron in the history of PFT. Your 15 minutes are anonymous. You’re probably a lobbyist and the biggest troll I’ve ever seen. Is that redundant?

15. HAHAHA very true!!! We like the people we have now! City of Good Neighbors as you know and some need not apply! lol

16. There you go again. Shh, keep that stuff quiet…please? We don’t need people knowing how neighborly we are. How in times of trouble you’re neighbor lends hands for them. Say you get stuck and how people help you get back on the road. People snow blow their neighbors sidewalks. We don’t want them to know anything. Let them continue to bash a place they’ve no doubt never been.

17. “my favorite white boy ever”…..?

“If Incognito has turned that around and said of McCoy “my favorite black boy ever” we would have protests in the streets and people burning Richie Incognito in effigy.

18. ShouldBuffaloStay says:
    April 10, 2018 at 3:47 pm
    Let’s clarify….

number 4 – Best Large City Cost of Living
    number 6 – Most Energetic
    number 8 – Most comfortable summer city
    number 12 – Manliest Sports Cities
    number 18 – Most Romantic for Boomers
    Copyright 2018 Sperling’s BestPlaces. All rights reserved.

___

So, you can stay out until 4 am and get drunk. Great.
    You have one of the highest property rates in the country. Thats one of the reasons your home prices are low, because you have to add 500-600 a month in for taxes and the payment gets too high.
    Most of the housing stock in the city is old. Old means more repair bills in the future, outdated heating
    Infrastructure is crap. Huge potholes everywhere.
    Winter starts in October, ends in April. Have fun enjoying your backyard for 2 weeks in summer. As I recall, last summer was complete joke. Lots of rain, highs at maybe 70? Thats not summer.
    Constant wind, not breeze, wind off Lake Erie and Canada. Look at the tree tops, they all bend inland because of that.
    How many times can you visit the Albright Knox museum? Its not a reason to live there.
    Many cities have excellent arts and culture, Buffalo is not special in this.
    Blue collar = undereducated. Granted there are LOTS of educated folks in Buffalo. I know many of them.
    Extreme homerism is rampant.
    Corrupt politicians? Oh yeah, Buffalo is chock full of those too.

Theres a Buffalo chip on the shoulder of every resident. They feel the need to profess their love as a defense mechanism. The ones that move away are always saying how great it is there and how much this miss it. Why aren’t they still there then? Look above for some of the reasons