Bears agree to terms with Bennie Fowler

Getty Images

The Bears have agreed to terms with receiver Bennie Fowler on a one-year deal, Adam Schefter of ESPN reports.

Fowler, 26, signed with the Broncos as an undrafted free agent out of Michigan State in 2014. He spent his rookie season on their practice squad.

In the past three seasons, he has played 45 games with five starts. He has 56 career receptions for 698 yards and three touchdowns.

Last season, Fowler caught 29 passes for 350 yards and three scores. He played 575 offensive snaps and 227 special teams snaps.

15 responses to “Bears agree to terms with Bennie Fowler

1. I have still not forgotten 2 years ago, our first year without Manning, this guy dropped a wide-open touchdown pass from Simien with a minute left against the Titans that would have put Denver in the playoffs. The dude was wide open in the end zone for the win and the ball hit him right in the hands and he just flat-out dropped it. Since then I have wanted this guy off the Broncos and it’s about time he left. Still disgusted.

2. ionlyrootforthewinningteam says:
    April 13, 2018 at 7:12 pm
    “I have still not forgotten 2 years ago………………Still disgusted.”

The guy dropped one pass and you’re still stewing about it? Man, you need to re-evaluate your life.

———–

I wouldn’t expect anyone who by their own admission “only roots for the winning team” to understand what having a Passion for a team means. If you did, you would understand the heartache of us true fans

3. broncosroe says:
    April 13, 2018 at 6:13 pm
    —————————————

You were upset that an undrafted receiver in his first year playing dropped a pass? Really?!?

4. broncosroe says:
    April 13, 2018 at 8:17 pm
    ionlyrootforthewinningteam says:
    April 13, 2018 at 7:12 pm
    “I have still not forgotten 2 years ago………………Still disgusted.”

———–

—————

So if you’re not still PO’ed about a drop pass two years ago you’re not a true fan like us? Do you understand? I’m fuming about a missed extra point 3 years ago so I’m like a real die hard fan. It’s not that I have emotional issues.

5. broncosroe says:
    April 13, 2018 at 8:17 pm
    ionlyrootforthewinningteam says:
    April 13, 2018 at 7:12 pm
    “I have still not forgotten 2 years ago………………Still disgusted.”

———–

__________________________________

Bronco fans aren’t real fans. Who likes the Broncos anyways, they have maybe two more fans than the wagonjumper fans of Seattle. West coast divisional teams are all wagon jumper teams (plus the Patriots and Packers.) The Broncos suck btw…..

6. Bronco fans aren’t real fans? The entire town is Bronco country be it license plates, decals and flags. I drive past Dove Valley and see people waiting almost daily for autographs and the like.

It’s hard being a Bear fan in Bronco country.