Steelers fan Zack Heddinger says he was blinded at a Chicago bar by Bears fans after some trash talking gone awry.
Heddinger was in the Windy City for the Steelers 17-14 loss to Chicago in Week Two.
“Basically, I guess, my buddies had gotten into an altercation and they
offered a drink as a peacemaker from what I understand,” Heddinger said.
That’s where things get weird.
According to ABC4 in Pittsburgh, Heddinger passed out and his heart stopped four times after he was rushed to a local hospital. Initially, doctors just thought he was drunk. But they quickly suspected something else was up.
Police are now investigating the incident, and the local bar, Kitty O’Shea’s, is fully cooperating. Doctors now believe his drink could have been spiked with toxic grain alcohol.
Heddinger says he can’t remember what happened that day, but hasn’t been able to see since. He’s taking oxygen treatments to recover his part of his eyesight, but doctors aren’t very hopeful.
“I don’t think they tried to kill me. I think they tried to hurt me, but the killing came pretty close,” said Heddinger.