It’s that time of week. We’ve told you about the biggest injury stories of the day, but here are 17 other nuggets to know from Friday’s injury report before we all break for the weekend.
(Except we’re not really breaking for the weekend at PFT, so check back all Saturday and Sunday for the latest news. You knew that.)
1. Beanie Wells is questionable for the Cardinals with a knee injury, but the team is optimistic that he’ll play. Wells has struggled this season and may give way more than usual to Tim Hightower and LaRod Stephens-Howling this week.
2. Vikings wideout Percy Harvin is officially questionable, even if he looked worse than that on Friday. The Vikings secondary is healthier than its been in a while, at least. Cornerback Frank Walker (hamstring) is the only other questionable Vikings player.
3. MDS already broke down who among the eleven questionable Colts are unlikely to play against the Eagles. It looks like Donald Brown will start at running back. Austin Collie’s expected return should provide a boost to the receiver group.
4. Eagles cornerback Ellis Hobbs is out with a hip injury. Wideout DeSean Jackson (concussion) is officially probable and has been cleared to play.
5. Chiefs all purpose back Dexter McCluster is questionable with an ankle sprain. He was limited in practice all week. It appears that starting guard Ryan Lilja will return to the lineup. He’s questionable, but practiced fully with his hand injury.
6. We already mentioned the two key Raiders players that are doubtful for Sunday. We’ll also give our weekly reminder that receivers Louis Murphy (chest) and Chaz Schilens (knee) are out.
7. The Ravens are healthy coming off their bye, except for safety Tom Zbikowski (foot), who is out. Donte’ Stallworth is back in the mix and is probable with a foot injury.
8. Patriots running back Fred Taylor remains out for the fifth straight game.
9. The Browns listed quarterback Seneca Wallace as questionable with his ankle injury, even though he didn’t practice at all this week. Perhaps he has a chance to be Colt McCoy’s backup.
10. The Saints get cornerbacks Tracy Porter and Jabari Greer on the field at the same time for the first time in more than a month. Both practiced fully in Thursday and Friday and are probable. Reggie Bush was “upgraded” to doubtful.
11. The Giants will be without tackle Will Beatty (foot),
RB Madison Hedgecock (hamstring), and C Shaun O’Hara (foot) on their trip to Seattle.
12. The Jets are completely healthy. Maybe this really is their year.
13. Lions backup running back Kevin Smith (knee) returned to practice Friday. He split carries with Jahvid Best last week. Backup quarterback Shaun Hill (forearm) returned to a portion of practice this week, but is doubtful to play.
14. Texans tight end Owen Daniels didn’t practice all week with a hamstring injury. He’s questionable, as is linebacker Xavier Adibi
(hamstring), defensive tackle Shaun Cody (knee), defensive tackle Earl Mitchell
(ankle), and defensive end Jesse Nading (ankle).
15. The Falcons listed linebacker Sean Weatherspoon (knee) as questionable, but he didn’t practice all week.
16. Packers defensive tackle Ryan Pickett was questionable with an ankle injury, but was limited practice all week.
17. There isn’t a 17th injury note; so consider this one a bye. Thanks for making it this far and supporting PFT with all your might. May all your teams win this week.