Brandon Marshall had hip surgery Tuesday night

Getty Images

On Tuesday, word broke that Bears wide receiver Brandon Marshall would need arthroscopic hip surgery this offseason.

The report didn’t say that the surgery was imminent, but it turns out that was exactly the case. Marshall had the operation, which Sean Jensen of the Chicago Sun-Times describes as a “minor scope,”  done on Tuesday night. Marshall has had other hip issues in his career, but said that this surgery isn’t a big deal.

“Just a little clean up,” Marshall said.

Marshall also said he wouldn’t be playing in the Pro Bowl, opening up a spot for another receiver on the NFC roster and a new MVP since Marshall was going to be defending the trophy he won in Hawaii last year. Marshall also told Jensen that he “absolutely” loves the choice of Marc Trestman as head coach and that he’s started reading Trestman’s book to help prepare for working with the new man in charge on the sideline.

6 responses to “Brandon Marshall had hip surgery Tuesday night

  1. Brandon Marshall did something smart? Yes, and that may be a first for him.

    If you need surgery, get it done ASAP, don’t mess around. Get it done, get on with your rehab, maybe enjoy some 100% healthy time, be ready well in advance of OTAs.

  2. The headline should have read “90% of Bears offense had hip surgery Tuesday night”. And giving Cutler/Forte credit for the other 10% is a stretch.

  3. Brandon’s been a real surprise so far with me as a Bear’s fan, and I mean that as a positive. The guy is amazing as a player, and has been a great guy off the field as well. For as much trouble as he had been for other teams, he’s been thoughtful and well behaved for us. Didn’t see that coming with his reputation.

  4. Way to go Marshall… we wish you a speedy recovery. Emery will be known as the best GM in football by
    the end of next season. NOW give Cutler a nice contract because he has been a leader with all of these changes to his side of the ball

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to leave a comment. Not a member? Register now!