The Bills hosted veteran linebacker Karlos Dansby earlier this week for a visit that ended without a contract offer.
That doesn’t mean there won’t be a contract offer in the future, however. General Manager Buddy Nix gave an update about Dansby’s visit on Thursday and said that the team would continue to be in touch with Dansby in the coming days.
“He had a good visit,” Nix said, via the Bills website. “We liked him. It’s still ongoing. It’s not dead, but it’s not done either.”
With the draft about to start, there’s not much reason for the Bills to pull the trigger on Dansby immediately. There isn’t anyone else in hot pursuit now that the Bengals have signed James Harrison and the draft may bring them a linebacker they want more than they want Dansby.
There’s obviously a flip side to that where Dansby’s experience makes him an appealing addition regardless of how the next three days play out for Buffalo.