The Dolphins announced Sunday night that they had suspended guard Richie Incognito for detrimental conduct.
Earlier Sunday, the Dolphins announced they would be investigating “allegations of player misconduct” made by the representatives of tackle Jonathan Martin, who left the team last week. The Dolphins also said they had asked the NFL to investigate, too.
Incognito’s name has been at the center of some speculation about Martin’s departure.
“We believe in maintaining a culture of respect for one another and as a result we believe this decision is in the best interest of the organization at this time,” the club said in its statement upon suspending Incognito. “As we noted earlier, we reached out to the NFL to conduct an objective and thorough review. We will continue to work with the league on this matter.”