Colts’ Josh McNary charged with rape

AP

Colts linebacker Josh McNary has been charged with rape in Indianapolis.

The Indianapolis Star reports that McNary faces one count of rape, one count of criminal confinement and one count of battery.

According to FOX 59, the incident in question happened on or around December 1 after McNary met the accuser at a bar in downtown Indianapolis.

McNary is a graduate of the United States Military Academy who spent two years in active duty in the military before signing with the Colts in 2013. He left Army as the school’s all-time leader in sacks. McNary played in all but one regular season game and both postseason games this year, primarily on special teams.

99 responses to “Colts’ Josh McNary charged with rape

1. I hope he’s innocent. And if he is, then I hope they charge the hell out of the chick. Lock her up and throw away the key. But if he’s guilty then bye, Felicia!

2. Let’s not burn the man before more details emerge – it would be irresponsible otherwise.

While I do believe where there’s smoke there’s fire (see Bill Cosby) I don’t think one incident necessarily condemns a man. Hopefully he didn’t do it.

3. This may be what I thought might happen when they announced that anyone charged with domestic violence goes to the commissioner’s list.

That a crazy fan of one team or another might try and get a player from a team bounced from the playoffs, though since its not a start player maybe not. Sure hope its not a fabrication.

4. file that one under, “Not high profile enough”

along with Jonathan Dwyer, who people seem to have forgotten about.

Meh, people pretend to care about these women, when it’s all about punishing the men. Everyone of these abused women have still had to deal with the men at home after these high profile cases. Only now the men are even madder at them and will work harder not to get caught. Way to go NFL.

5. not a good distraction for the Colts locker room to have right now = cake walk for patriots

6. Yep, he commited the crime or or around December 1st and this is just released three days before one of the biggest games of the season, and just 43 days away of the incident, oh boy do i love the coincidences…

7. Hmmm. Just before playoff game this comes out. First order of business: See what team she is a fan of.

8. Another incident of violence involving military. Someone needs to help these guys (if guilty of course). Violence against women is rampant.

9. Hold back judgement until more details come out. Many times, what’s first reported isn’t exactly what happened.

10. This can’t be right…this is not a black male athlete…this is a joke right…how is this possible…I don’t believe it…is the video evidence…???

11. They met at a bar, and went to his apartment. Everything after that is “he said, she said.” I won’t be surprised if he’s guilty, but WHAT ARE WOMEN THINKING when they consume alcohol and then go to a stranger’s apartment???

12. walterpaytonbestalltime says:
    Jan 14, 2015 5:07 PM

I’m going to go out on a limb and say a 2nd year LB with 26 career tackles missing the game is not going to create a “cake walk” for the Pats.

13. Where has roger been for the last 6 weeks? This guy should have been on the commishioners exempt list for 5 games now. Oh wait, there wasn’t any publicity so no need to act.

14. I know that there is more to it, but why in the world do you need to rape a woman when you are a NFL linebacker?

I don’t get it. Come to where I live and you certainly won’t have to force them…they will throw themselves at you.

15. “WHAT ARE WOMEN THINKING when they consume alcohol and then go to a stranger’s apartment???”

Yet somehow I managed never to rape any of them. What you said is like blaming women for getting raped.

16. I have no judgement, but the military takes a different view of rape accusations than regular society. I wonder if this guy carried some of that attitude with him. He probably has more than a little bit of testosterone fueled ego; being in the military, playing in the NFL. Might feel just a bit “entitled” perhaps?

17. enkay85 says: Jan 14, 2015 5:00 PM

__________________________________

I agree about waiting to see what happens. But if you’ve ever known a victim of rape, you’d feel differently about the one incident. It ruins the woman’s life.

Again, wait to see how it plays out, but if he’s guilty, I hope he pays dearly.

18. USMA grad charged with rape is difficult to swallow… He is supposed to hold himself to a higher standard. I hope this is not true. But if it is, I hope he burns to a crisp for disgracing the honor and values of those who have gone on to serve and die for this nation.

19. Jan 14, 2015 5:22 PM – harrisonhits2 says:

—————————————————-
    No it is not. If he is guilty, he should be held accountable. My point (that I emphasized to my daughter) is that young women – for safety sake – should not put themselves in vulnerable situations with strangers, especially when drinking. Having my car stolen would not be my fault, but I’m still not going to leave it unlocked in a parking lot with the keys in it.

20. What a test case for the “new” domestic violence policy. To all those who criticized teams for giving starters more benefit of the doubt than benchwarmers, let’s see what the NFL does. How long they investigate and how well they justify their decision will set a huge precedent. My guess is they disclose very little about their investigation so they can always reach a different conclusion on the same facts if this ever happens to a starting QB.

21. Let’s see what happens in the case first before jumping to conclusions. It can either be a woman looking for a pay day or a power hungry a hole. Either way this won’t affect the Colts at all for this Sunday this guy was a nobody.

22. Let’s see what happens in the case first before jumping to conclusions. It can either be a woman looking for a pay day or a power hungry a hole. Either way this won’t affect the Colts at all for this Sunday this guy was a nobody.

23. Military Academy graduate, and served. Let’s see this case handled properly by the justice system before judging.

24. The Prosecutor in Indianapolis is a one who will charge every potential crime against a woman…especially against a professional athlete to avoid the charge of favoritism…up until now Josh has been known as a model citizen…and I promise you that false accusations run rampant in the central Indiana criminal justice system

25. wikidpissa and others – if you ever known a guy who has been falsely accused, it can ruin their lives too.

I haveno idea what did or didn’t happen, and neither did anyone else except the two of them and possible a few others.

26. entirely too early to say & this is such a slippery slope. however, as an Indy fan, if he indeed did this, cut him & throw him in the slammer

27. “”but WHAT ARE WOMEN THINKING when they consume alcohol and then go to a stranger’s apartment???””

I don’t know, I never asked one who went home with me

28. There had to have been an investigation and I wonder who knew about it. If the Colts were aware and didn’t notify the league office then they should be punished. If the league knew about it then I might jump on the fire Goddell bandwagon.

29. Frankly, most of these are a case of he-said, she-said, about which we all know NOTHING.

Plus, courts of law are a joke. They’re corrupt entities.

So we’ll never know what happened here, unless there’s videotape. (and even then, videotape can be doctored)

Stop acting like we know something about any of these situations. We don’t, and we won’t, regardless of conviction or acquittal.

30. riekki says:
    Jan 14, 2015 5:12 PM

________
    FAIL!!!

Josh McNary is a black male.

Got any other pearls of wisdom to share?

31. The DA took over six weeks investigating this and finally filed charges. Doesn’t sound real good for Mr McNary right now.
    Yes innocent until proven guilty and he will get that day in court and so will she.

32. To reiki…..
    I believe Josh McNary is black. At least the pictures shown from an Indy newspaper show a light skin black male in his uniform.

Not that this should make a difference. Let the guy have his day in court.

33. “Jan 14, 2015 5:22 PM – harrisonhits2 says:

Many times when I was younger I went home with women I met in bars after we had both been drinking. Yet somehow I managed never to rape any of them. ”

This defense is like saying that because you have sometimes been drinking and then drove 100 mph on the highway but managed to avoid hitting anyone, it was not a foolish (and selfish) thing to do.

34. Jan 14, 2015 6:24 PM – rcali says: How did the Patriots pull this off? Very sneaky move by Belicheat.
    —————————————————
    You’re way off with this. There’s no way this is the guy Bill would have targeted.

35. farmmbig says:
    Jan 14, 2015 5:13 PM
    This better be handled the same as Adrian Peterson’s situation.

Be consistent Goodell.

——————————————————–

Is this victim a defenseless 4 year old child?

36. This happens to NE all the time, and I mean All The Time. Every big game, there is some issue or a catastrophe a day or two before in an effort to distract the team and try to take them down.

For pete sake, let these guys play, both the Colts and NE. Stop all the bs before big games..it’s getting ridiculous, getting tired of the drama.

37. Isn’t it funny how these distractions always happen before teams play the patriots? This week is the punter, last week the ray rice report was released, before the vikings AP was suspended. Last year Pouncey was called to Boston to testify during patriot week. Anyone else think this is weird. And those are just of top of my head.

38. Didn’t AP go down a couple days before the Patriots game months after what he did. The Patriots owner and the Commish play golf togher, cards together and count money together.

39. sactogary says:
    Jan 14, 2015 5:12 PM
    ~~~~~~~~~
    Scrapbooking? Maybe yahtzee

40. I Think this is bad news for Seattle. I believe the head of the NFL office has already chosen Green Bay and New England. Sorry sports fans, The superbowl has already been decided.

41. too my fellow fans &
    college football players
    NOTHING GOOD HAPPENS
    AT A BAR AFTER HOURS “at night”
    ITS COMMON SENSE STAY AWAY FROM THE BARS AND PARTIES
    CONVIENT DISTRACTION FOR THE PATS TOO USE

42. “WHAT ARE WOMEN THINKING when they consume alcohol and then go to a stranger’s apartment???”
    I think they are drunk and not thinking.

“I would also like to point out to those misinformed…..this is not considered domestic violence. A horrible crime if true but not domestic violence.”
    The new personal conduct policy is for domestic violence, child abuse, and sexual assault. To be updated whenever the next high profile crime occurs.

The NFL is so hypocritical though and their policies were not put into place to “protect” “victims” and “survivors.” Just damage control for their lack of response to the first Ray Rice videotape.

43. Hardy, Peterson, and Rice are wondering why it’s taking Roger so long to act. Unless perhaps McNary is a relative or close friend of N. Suh’s !

44. BREAKING NEWS: Goodell has issued the punishment for Josh Mcnary:

Adrian Peterson will be suspended the entire 2015 season without pay.

45. Love the innuendos that somehow the league or Patriits are involved..1st of all if they were depending on this guy then they are already screwed ..2nd other than Luck or Hylton there’s not another player on that team that the loss of would make a diff..To Rikki, when the league is 70% black then there will be more black men charged, just like there’s more whites in welfare it’s all in the #’s do BL stupid comment

46. Just sit him down for the game this weekend, and wait and see what happens. He shouldn’t be playing.

47. Funny to see all the people up in arms with guilty until proven innocent next to the people blaming the alleged victim or insinuating she is part of some conspiracy.

And by “funny,” I mean “sad.”

48. Do people really think this was withheld until this moment? Do investigators have a ” let’s screw them In the playoffs file”?

Nobody cares about this choad and it’s only news worthy if ( as someone mentioned above: Hilton or luck). Oh wait, those two aren’t meatheads and wouldn’t do this

49. If I’m on the jury this guy is walking. If you go to a bar, get drunk, pick up a dude, go home with him, and then cry rape, I’m not buying it. If a stranger breaks into a woman’s house and rapes her, he’d never see the light of day again. Women have to live in fear because there are predators out there. Lock those guys up and throw away the key. No second chances for rape. But to throw something like this in with actual rape, is the reason it’s so hard to get a rape conviction. My punishment for rape would be so severe, you can’t afford to convict an innocent guy. There are too many actual rapists running around free because they classify this case the same as stranger rape. It actually makes the world more dangerous for women when you get accusations like this. It hurts women.

50. I think the judicial process needs to take its course. He needs an opportunity to defend himself to clear his name. I know if I was accused of rape I’d want my opportunity to do that. I’m a Pats fan and I don’t care if this helps my team or not that’s not what is important. Having either the poor woman go through a rape or him being falsely accused there aren’t going to be any winners with this.

51. I am livid that a REAL MAN’s QB like Peyton Manning is out of the playoffs and a weakling like Brady who can’t even through 3 yards downfield is still playing because of spygate.

When will Bud Selig do his job and stop the cheating?

52. …..and if things couldn’t get any worse, it looks like the weather for late Sunday could be a bit nasty… cold windy rain and possibly changing to snow.

Just amazing what ……. ah, nevah mind.