Aaron Rodgers: I’m back to playing the way I like

AP

Aaron Rodgers led the Packers within a few minutes of the Super Bowl last season and taking the next step this season would surely be easier with two healthy calves.

Rodgers was down to one after getting hurt late last season, but he remained in the lineup and remained effective despite the negative effect that the injury had on his mobility. Rodgers missed that ability to take evasive action, however, and is feeling good this season now that he can maneuver around the pocket without trouble.

“I’m back to playing the way I like to play, which is to extend plays when I can and get rid of it when I need to,” Rodgers said, via ESPN.com. “[If] I have an opportunity to escape the pocket and create a different angle, then I’m going to. It’s nice to be back. I trained hard this offseason to keep the speed and keep my body in shape where I can have the endurance to have multiple plays like that in a game. And it definitely adds a different element to our offense.”

Rodgers says he has “zero inhibitions” on the field and the Packers don’t seem to have any either after playing Rodgers 33 snaps in the first preseason game, which featured a preview of the more mobile Rodgers that has made nightmares for opposing defenses for many years.

50 responses to “Aaron Rodgers: I’m back to playing the way I like

1. His injury came at the worst possible time last year. A healthy Aaron Rodgers could’ve ran for a couple 1st downs in that Championship game maybe ran it in for 6 in the red zone as well. It affected his accuracy and zip on his passes. But Seattle’s defensive backs weren’t 100 percent late in that game either, so no excuses.

2. First time in a long time where there is a story about Rodgers where he isn’t whining about something.

3. Rodgers can be elite all he wants during the regular season but he’s not elite in the playoffs. That means he’s not elite in my view.

4. led the Packers within a few minutes of the Super Bowl last season and taking the next step this season would surely be easier with two healthy calves.

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

Did he get a nice shiny Ribbon for getting close??

5. ariani1985 says:
    Aug 21, 2015 9:20 AM

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

Did he get a nice shiny Ribbon for getting close??

DO you know what YOU get for almost 60 years of sucking? Nothing.

6. He “led” the Packers by throwing for 178 yards, 2 interceptions and a 55.8 QB rating?

Game Manager

7. “With that o-line falling apart he better be able to run!”

==================================

You mean the o-line that’s returning all 5 starters and was probably the best line in all of football at the end of last year? That one?

The Vikings, on the other hand, are losing lineman left and right and they were down right awful last year. Those boys are gonna get your boy Teddy Bidness hurt.

8. ariani1985 says:
    Aug 21, 2015 9:20 AM

Did he get a nice shiny Ribbon for getting close??

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

Yup, the same ribbon that the Vikings have hanging in their “Superbowl” Trophy Case.

9. whatjusthapped says:
    Aug 21, 2015 7:25 AM

Apparently, playing the way he likes equals two victories over the Vikings every year so just keep it up.
    ______

It’s nice that your team gets to play in two Super Bowls every year.

10. Rodgers was terrible against Seattle (19-34, 178 yards, 1 TD, 2 INT) and he’s blaming it on a sore calf? Why wasn’t the calf bothering him the week before when he had a 125.4 passer rating?

Maybe the problem wasn’t with his calf. Maybe the problem was in his throat.

11. diveleft says:
    Aug 21, 2015 8:24 AM

________

Didn’t you read the story? He was whining about being hurt last year, which COMPLETELY explains why he was so bad in one particular game but not in others.

12. This guy always seems to have injuries at the wrong time. Maybe time to label him exactly what he is, a great player that can’t stay healthy.

13. It’s sad when you consider yourself a “winner” solely because of the football team you’ve chosen to root for, and you judge others to be “losers” for the same reason. I prefer to judge people by the content of their character.

14. whatjusthapped says:
    Aug 21, 2015 7:25 AM
    ———–
    You post non stop about how the Vikings stink, and now here you are bragging about beating them. Then again, you Packer fans always state that the SB is the only thing that matters, but then post about how proud you are that you reached the NFCCG last year. Your kind are just full of contradictions, aren’t you?

BTW: Rodgers needs two more SB wins just to be top 5 of ACTIVE QB’s. But don’t get me wrong, he is the best regular season active QB.

15. In Teddy We Trust says:
    Aug 21, 2015 11:19 AM
    /////////////////////////////////////////

You call Rodgers a whiny choker, but you admire Peterson for taking advantage of the second chance he’s been given.

You should apologize for being so transparent.

16. In Teddy We Trust
    Aug 21, 2015, 10:19 AM CDT

****************

With most vike fans, you say tomato, I say tomahto.

17. stellarperformance says:
    Aug 21, 2015 11:42 AM

In Teddy We Trust says:
    Aug 21, 2015 11:19 AM
    /////////////////////////////////////////

You should apologize for being so transparent.
    _______

I would, but you’re making false assumptions about me based on the team I like. I don’t admire Peterson for anything other than his ability to play football.

I’m pretty sure you called Favre a whiny choker, or words to that effect, when he choked in the NFC championship game. You just can’t see Rodgers in the same way because of the color of his uniform.

18. I may not know much, but I know this, if there was video of the AD incident he would be out of football.

19. conormacleod says:
    Aug 21, 2015 11:35 AM
    ———————————————–

Where did anybody state that we were “proud” just to reach the NFCCG? I don’t see anybody stating that.

The only one’s talking about the NFCCG are Viking fans.

20. A story where Aaron basically says “feeling good, looking forward to the season” and over 50% of the comments are by vike trolls. Safe to say we seem to have gotten inside your heads…

21. stellarperformance says:
    Aug 21, 2015 10:52 AM

When losers mock winners, it can only mean one thing: They wish they were us.
    ————————–

22. Every Team should have the luck of the Pack to go from Farve to Rodgers…

No doubt the well-run franchises would have more then 2 SBs to show for it.

23. It’s sad when you consider yourself a “winner” solely because of the football team you’ve chosen to root for, and you judge others to be “losers” for the same reason. I prefer to judge people by the content of their character
    /////////////////////////////////////////
    You should apologize for being so transparent.
    ——————————
    This is classic Packer fan blah blah blah. Notice here how stellar not only ignores teddy’s point but then also obfuscates it by bringing up Peterson and another unrelated post to avoid the point at hand.

24. In Teddy We Trust says:
    Aug 21, 2015 12:08 PM
    You just can’t see Rodgers in the same way because of the color of his uniform
    ///////////////////////////////////////////

Oh, wake up. It’s you! You’re hatred of all things green and gold! You know Rodgers better than the fans that follow his every move everyday? I don’t think so……Judge.

25. stellarperformance says:
    Aug 21, 2015 5:02 PM

_____

Yep, I’m blinded by my team loyalty but you’re the height of objectivity.

Or should I say “your”?

26. In Teddy We Trust says:
    Aug 21, 2015 6:42 PM
    Yep, I’m blinded by my team loyalty but you’re the height of objectivity.
    ///////////////////////////////////////

No. You’re blinded by your hatred of Packer fans. You’re constantly wanting to “put us in our place.” You have annoying superiority complexes. We don’t have these issues with Bears and Lions fans, because there is an acknowledged mutual respect. You refuse to show respect, because you think you’re better than us. You wish the dark years would return for the Packers because it was easier for you to feel superior. You don’t like the crap sandwiches you’ve been forced to eat. Your burden would be lessened if you acknowledged our team respectfully. Until you do, because they’ve earned it, we’ll continue to reply in kind. It’s really that simple. To get respect, you must show respect. That’s how it works.

27. One of the things I enjoy most about the Green Bay Packers is how they contend for a World Championship every season.

Better football.

For better people.

28. One thing that will never surprise me is how much Packer fans think of themselves in their minds.

One thing that will never surprise me is how much time Viking fans spend thinking about the Packers and their fans. We will always have a rent-free space inside the tiny minds of Viking fans.