Luck listed as limited, says he’s getting “close”

AP

The Colts listed Andrew Luck as a limited participant in Wednesday’s practice, but Luck told reporters he is “getting better every day” and is “close” to where he wants to be.

Throwing better, moving faster, doing everything better and with less restriction,” Luck said.

Don’t expect the Colts to give much away between now and Sunday’s game vs. the Patriots.

“If he’s ready to go,” Colts coach Chuck Pagano said of Luck, “we’ll put him out there.”

Luck has missed two games with an undisclosed shoulder injury, and the Colts have won both of them with Matt Hasselbeck as their starting quarterback. The Colts would obviously like to have Luck back soon, especially considering this week’s opponent.

“He looked good,” Pagano said, per the team’s official transcript. “Throws were good, good command out there like usual. Again, he’s heading in the right direction. I hate to sound like a broken record, but I don’t know what else to tell you guys.”

53 responses to “Luck listed as limited, says he’s getting “close”

1. “I hate to sound like a broken record, but I don’t know what else to tell you guys.”

Not to worry Chuck. If you had said you were ‘supremely confident’ now that would have been sounding like a broken record

2. The Patriots are sure hoping he doesn’t show up. They’re scared to death of Luck. They wouldn’t have cheated if they thought they could beat him fair and square.

3. Pat’s will lay 60 points on the colts Sunday. Payback for the for the crybabies. Pat’s are gonna run it up.
    Grigson is gonna need some of Irsay’s stash to cope with this blowout.
    This is going to be soo much fun watching this beat down.
    Go Brady, revenge is a great thing.

4. You can bet Brady has this game circled on the schedule.Expect a beatdown of epic proportions

5. Patriots will have the Jefferson from Fast Times at Ridgemont High after finding out who smashed up his car look when they look across the field at the Colts….

6. tonebones says:
    Oct 14, 2015 6:33 PM
    ———————————————–
    You cannot possibly believe this. The Patriots have been waiting for this game for 9 long months…..and the Colts barely beat the Jaguars, Titans and Texans…..and they suck with or without Luck.

7. Actually I hope that Hasselbeck does play. The Patriots are a highly talented bunch of weenies. They are extremely good but since they are devoid of morality, they absolutely will run up the score and do their best to hurt Luck.

They are very talented and that is what has always made their constant need to cheat almost unexplainable.

8. thesmartest1 says:
    Oct 14, 2015 6:36 PM

Man I hope the Colts win.
    —————————

Anything is possible, but the history says it will be another convincing win for the Patriots.

9. The Colts have Andrew Luck and…that’s it, and he isn’t even a top 5 guy. How do you assemble 53 players and only have no top 5 guys at any position on the field? Wouldn’t it stand to reason with 25 or so positions, they’d manage to stumble across a couple high end guys? Somewhere? Maybe they have an elite long snapper or something.

10. Here is a thought for you Pats fans wanting Brady to run up the score. Just suppose, he is still playing at, say, 49 -3. One of the Colts players decides enough is enough and cheap shots him right in the knees, ACL, MCL and PCL with a little meniscus tear. Was it worth running up the score?

11. I’d rather see Luck than Hasselbeck. Hasselbeck is a proven commodity and having great success as a backup. He’s actually been a QB in Super Bowl.

Go Patriots!

12. I’m a Patriots fan. I don’t like all this loud talk our fans are doing. Reminds me of Seahawk fans after their first Superbowl win. I know we want to beat the Colts in the worst way, but come on, let’s keep it classy. Andrew Luck and his teammates had nothing to do with the fiasco the Colts started. It was Colts management, and Goodell and crew ran with it. I hope its a good game, the Patriots win, and no one gets hurt.

13. willycents says:
    _______________

So to be clear, you are talking about the midpoint of the 2nd quarter. You think he should be out of the game that early?

14. I love how pats fans blame the colts for deflategate, here is what happened. Every week nfl teams can submit to the League a list of things to watch out for from the opposing team, all 32 teams do this each weeks even the pats. The colts said hey its known league wide that the pats tamper with balls, can you look out for that. The nfl actually checked, and what do you know, first time they check, they find the pats cheating…. ISIS has more class than pats fans

15. chesswhileyouplaycheckers says:
    Oct 14, 2015 8:59 PM

willycents says:
    _______________

—————–

I am saying why risk your franchise qb in a game at a point that it is all ready over. Only a fool would risk the season to prove a point. If the shoe fits, wear it.

16. The Pats are gonna start blitzing as soon as they step off the bus. I’ve got Luck on my fantasy team and I’m sitting him this week. Sooner or later, I think Luck will be Luck again….but not this week and not against the Pats.

17. “”I wonder if they’ll drop a “Welcome Back” banner for him at the stadium””

right next to your 16-0 banner beauty

18. The line is only 8 at most places. Obviously Vegas don’t know jack.
    I hope you Patsy fans are betting your paycheck and your house payment. You know, seeming how you are so confident it will be 50-0.

You are betting your pay check right?? No brainer, right? Only 8 points. Easy pickin’s

19. I don’t believe that the Patriots hold any animus toward the Colt players. But I, for one, hope this game sends Irsay back into rehab.

20. I agree with the farmboss, you Patriot fans are a little too overconfident (obnoxious) and remind me of Rex and some Bills fans before that game. And its not the players that started deflategate, it was that fool of a GM who doesn’t know how to draft to fill voids who started it.

21. Maybe he should just sit this one out before his shoulder gets dislocated from his body by all the special blitzing schemes coming his way.

22. I hope luck plays. I want to see Jamie Collins drive him into the turf. Repeatedly.——————————————————————————————————————-

Jamie Collins? That’s the best you got? Not exactly Willie McGinnest or Rodney Harriosn level intimidating there……Jamie Collins? What the hell is that?

23. Dude has 7.5 sacks in 2 years and 3 games so far…..not bad, but he doesn’t “drive” anyone “into the turf. Repeatedly” maybe once or twice…..surely not repeatedly……Jamie Collins….lol.

24. I wish people would stop with the ‘Pats are going to hang 60 on The Colts’ business.

Hanging 60 on anyone, even if was the most hapless team in the league, is virtually impossible.

It would not only require the Pats to score on every possession but also they’d have to make the Colts turn the ball over multiple times and go 3 and out virtually every possession.

The Pats will likely win this game but I doubt they’ll get 60 points.

The Colts have some incentive to won too and I suspect this might not be the landslide blowout everyone seems to be predicting.

25. tonebones says:
    Oct 14, 2015 6:33 PM

________________________________________

See 2nd half of AFCCG and 4 quarters of the SB

26. I see that the Patriots haters are still at it. Still jealous from all the losses the Patriots have pounded your team’s into submission.

Pats 54