Vikings downgrade Adrian Peterson to questionable with illness

AP

Vikings running back Adrian Peterson has been downgraded to questionable for tomorrow’s game at Detroit. The Vikings announced today that Peterson is battling an illness.

Peterson was previously listed as probable on the injury report, with a finger injury.

There’s no immediate word on the nature of Peterson’s illness, but it’s hard to believe he won’t play. Players usually play through illnesses unless they’re very serious.

If Peterson is limited, it could mean more action for backup running backs Jerick McKinnon and Matt Asiata.

45 responses to “Vikings downgrade Adrian Peterson to questionable with illness

1. Part of me hopes he caught it from his kid. A small bit of revenge, but every bit counts.

2. Perfect? That’s the measure? You have to be perfect to point out this guy lives life like a creep.

I even state I believe the whipping was discipline that got out of hand and he regrets it. (to do so I have to put aside it’s gotten out of hand before)

But, if the guy doesn’t care enough to learn basic birth control after the second “whoops” (that wasn’t aborted), pretty much anybody can question his character.

3. duffelbagsports says:
    Oct 24, 2015 6:17 PM

God bless all of you living perfect lives.
    *************************************************

Oh, my life is far from perfect and as with most people I’ve made my share of mistakes.

But, I can honestly say that I’ve never tortured and maimed another human being in my life.
    So I guess I’m ahead of the curve, ‘eh?

4. That’s strange. He was a full participant at practice all week and traveled with the team to Detroit. Maybe a Vikings attempt to fool the Lions.

5. From what I’ve seen this year, the Vikings are no better and no worse if Peterson doesn’t play. The Vikings try too hard to get him his carries and it comes at the expense of what could be a good passing offense. What did he have last week, 26 carries? For 60 yards? I’d rather see Teddy winging it around the field than force-feeding carries to this guy.

6. Look, we all know that Peterson does this.

He is always sick, or injured, or under criminal investigation. Then, when he plays, there are two outcomes.

If he sucks (more often than not lately) he has a built in excuse.

If he does well (takes some PEDs), then he’s amazing and overcame so much.

He’s the worst kind of professional athlete.

Perfect for the Purple Pansies.

7. LOL all you people think this is for real. Clearly they are trolling the NFL for last weeks Everson griffin scratch right before the game.

8. Hey, I’m on board with the whole Teddy should be winging it all over the field.
    There would be a whole lotta NFC North fans in favor of that.
    You know, for giggles and stuff.

9. Maybe Peterson got his first look at the pictures of the injuries he inflicted on his 4 year old son. I know when I saw them, it made me sick.

He can’t miss this next game, I don’t want that to be the excuse when he misses his pre season prediction of 2500 yards. I swear he is as delusional as the Super Bowl bound Viking fans.

10. darkneptune73 says:
    Oct 24, 2015 7:44 PM
    Another Vikings topic, more packer trolls come out of the woodwork.

—-

We’ve always been here. I think you mean vikings fans, which are only a thing when they have a winning record.

11. Hey PFTStory….yeah, I don’t disagree the man needs to put that thing under wraps. But questioning his character…..really, do you know that he doesn’t pay child support? Not paying child support would be a character issue. He needs to have his morality questioned most definitely.
    I also saw someone accused him of “Torture” & “Maiming” someone….do you know that the children he abused, are maimed for life? Do you know the definition of the word?
    Yes, he most definitely messed up….IN A HUGE WAY! But people are throwing some serious accusations around.
    According to the judicial system, and the NFL he has paid his price.
    Let it go already!

12. “Laugh it up while you can.”

We have been, for several years, mostly at your expense; and all indicators point to the “while you can” being at least another 7 or 8 years. As long as Aaron Rodgers plays, the Packers will be competitive at the bare minimum.

Just for grins, when Rodgers does decide to retire, how insane do you think you purple people are going to become if the Packers move seamlessly to yet another HOF quarterback?

Skolol!

13. Would like to see the list of teams who have a perfect records of no arrests our drug charges

14. The Almighty Cabbage says:
    Oct 24, 2015 8:15 PM

“Laugh it up while you can.”

————————————————————–
    You are the same bunch that mock the Vikings for losing 4 super bowls. To have 23 combined seasons from 2 HOF QB’s and only manage 2 Super Bowls, or as many as Eli Manning and Roethlisberger have each, seems like a lot of underachieving. Maybe your team isn’t so great when you look at all the regular season success the Vikings have had without HOF QB play. I’ve seen the Vikings make the playoffs more than most teams over my lifespan and I’ve seen the Packers have some great regular seasons and many postseason failures too. You should probably have twice as many Super bowl wins with 2+ decades of HOF QB play. But that’s not the case.

15. Love how purple fans defend him by making comments like “you’re no better than him” or “all teams have bad guys on their rosters.”

The thing of it is – quit defending slimeballs. I get it, it’s all you have following a “team” with no stars or talent on it.

16. Did he come to terms with what he did to his kid(s)?

Cause I’d be sick to my stomach too if I’d done what AP did… Beating up little kids, smh.

17. AD Averages 113 rushing ypg against divisional opponents, most in history, or 10 more than Barry Sanders 2nd place average against divisional opponents. I’d hate AD too. And I know you’ll point to wins/losses, it’s not his fault he played with some lousy defenses and some mediocre/bad QB’s. He just runs hard, All Day.

18. “To have 23 combined seasons from 2 HOF QB’s and only manage 2 Super Bowls, or as many as Eli Manning and Roethlisberger have each, seems like a lot of underachieving.”

~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_

You purple people are definitely experts when it comes to underachieving, I have to give you that. But really, that’s about all you have going for you.

The Packers have won six of their thirteen World Championships since the Vikings sputtered into existence. The long boat set sail in 1961. Since then, the Packers have won World Championships in 1962, 1965, 1966, 1967, 1996 and 2010. Your Vikings of course have a grand total of ZERO World Championships.

This is a perfect example of why sane people laugh at you guys all the time. With one breath, you utter nonsense like “Hur hur hur. Packers sux! They draft busts and only win when they get lucky.” And with your next breath you come up with a gem like “Derp de dur dur. Packers only won two Super Bowls with the last 2 quarterbacks. That’s underachieving.”

So which is it? They suck, or they should have won even more than they have because their coaching and talent level is, and has been, so far above and beyond your beloved Vikings’?

Skolol!

19. absodefinitely says:
    Oct 24, 2015 9:09 PM
    The Almighty Cabbage says:
    Oct 24, 2015 8:15 PM

“Laugh it up while you can.”

————————————————————–

——————————————–
    While you have seen “many” failures by Green Bay in the playoffs, I have seen nothing but failure by the Vikings in the playoffs. Each year only one team enjoys total success in the playoffs. The Packers have achieved this, the Vikings haven’t. If your only rip is that Green bay has only 2 Superbowl wins in the last twenty years with Favre and Rodgers, fine, you can have that one. New England with 4 is the only team with more Superbowl wins in the past 20 years, with 4 teams tied with Green Bay at 2.

I am not trying to troll a Vikings article, I rarely read them. I just can’t understand why Vikings fans reach so much when they try and rip the Packers. The Vikings are looking slightly better than usual, congratulations.

20. doctorrustbelt says:
    Oct 24, 2015 5:47 PM
    I downgraded adrian peterson as a person years ago.
    ___________________

Best response here. And the most accurate. Bravo!

21. The Almighty Cabbage says:
    Oct 24, 2015 8:15 PM

_______

22. Doctor you are a fool! Don’t u get it, AP could care less what an average joe that will struggle through his life financially, never be more than a computer screen name responding to wha multi multi multi millionaire players that only spanked his kid a fraction of what my brothers and I got from my mom n dad, and I am sure you are a genius in life and about all things, but in the real world doc, most people forgive and move on if the child spanner, beater whatever you want to be a big shot sports nut wants to call Peterson, move on, go to Walmart and get your work schedule and be happy you have a job!

23. “That’s a pretty big “if,” but Packer fans don’t realize that. I can’t wait for the day when you figure out that HOF quarterbacks are not your birthright.”

~_~_~_~_~_~_~-

Not a birthright, Teddy. Results garnered by a pair of extremely shrewd GMs working for one of the most well-run franchises in all of sports.

Ron Wolf was shrewd enough to trade for Favre and hire Mike Holmgren.

Ted Thompson was shrewd enough to snatch Aaron Rodgers and hire Mike McCarthy.

Meanwhile, in Minnesota, Purple Jesus pads his personal stats on a stagnant team that consistently hovers around .500 while you purple people tell us how superior your beloveds are. “Yay, Purple Jesus! Participation ribbons for all!”