Adrian Peterson may still be eligible for a Mail Pouch endorsement deal, after all.
Following Sunday’s win over the Lions, Peterson disputed a FOX report that his illness arose from the accidental swallowing of tobacco during Saturday’s flight from Minnesota to Detroit.
Via Ben Goessling of ESPN.com, Peterson said he ate some shrimp on Saturday, and that the shrimp may have contributed to the illness.
It’s unclear why Peterson ate shrimp, and whether he did so knowingly. In 2012, he suffered a serious allergic reaction to shrimp.
“I thought I was Superman until I experienced that life-changing anaphylactic shock,” Peterson said. “I was eating lunch and gobbled down a couple of bowls of gumbo. Then, 15 minutes later, I’m in my dorm room resting up. My eyes started itching and my throat was swelling up. I could barely breathe.”
Peterson was taken to the hospital by ambulance as a result of that 2012 training-camp incident.