Vikings place Jabari Price on IR, promote Brandon Watts

AP

The Vikings had three seventh-round picks in the 2014 draft and two of them were involved in roster moves Tuesday.

Minnesota announced that cornerback Jabari Price has been placed on injured reserve and linebacker Brandon Watts has been promoted from the practice squad to take his place on the roster. Defensive tackle Shamar Stephen, the team’s third seventh-round pick from 2014, is already on injured reserve.

Price served a two-game suspension to start the season and has been dealing with a shoulder injury since returning, which left him without a regular season appearance in 2015. He played in 14 games and had 10 tackles last year.

Watts landed on the practice squad after failing to make the cut to 53 players in early September. He played two games with the team last year and recorded one tackle.

25 responses to “Vikings place Jabari Price on IR, promote Brandon Watts

1. Looks like strictly a special teams move at this point, but I hope it doesn’t mean that Thielen’s injury is more serious than they are letting on.

2. I wish people who think the Vikings are trivial would stop mashing on F5 all day hoping that a Viking story would be published so they can be the first one to comment.

3. Don’t be silly, it’s too early. No gainfully employed Packer fans will be commenting on this, and the rest of us will still be at the unemployment office, or the welfare dept., or the food bank, or the McDonald’s dumpster.

4. Shuffling 7th round draft picks from the practice squad to the final 53 or from the final 53 to IR is background noise to the Viking’s biggest problems, no O-line, no franchise QB, no chance.

But the reality of these problems are somewhat masked by the football gods giving the Vikings a crack at the 1-6 Lions not once but twice early in the schedule while also giving them the 2-5 Chargers and the 2-5 Chiefs. Such fortune gives way to heady dreams of a wild card spot for the delusional Viking fans who still think Theodore is the answer at QB.

5. Big PACK guy here. I don’t find the Vike’s trivial at all! And I really really hope MY GUY ROGERS doesn’t absorb 7 sacks. Yikes. Hate to say it but I think Staforrd is the tougher player. Not better by any means, but tougher yes. Dude takes a beating year after year! Looking forward to our matchup Vike’s! GO PACK!!!

6. I didn’t realize Price was injured, but I’m not surprised by the promotion of Watts to the active roster. The head-scratching trade of Gerald Hodges left just five LBs on the roster, so this at least gives them a backup at every position.

Given that Price and Josh Robinson are both third string CBs, my guess is that at least one of them has played his final game as a Viking, especially of Newman comes back next year.

7. Between Numba1 and Dahmer, Viking fans are clearly the most tone deaf fan base in football, when it comes to humor.

Seriously, you 2, or is it just one, really provide zero when it comes to these posts. Nada.
    And I’m quite sure most of the Viking fans are as sick of your inane comments as the rest of us.

Trust me, I like sparring with most of you and a truly funny comment usually gets a “thumbs up” from me, no matter who you root for.

Your stuff isn’t even funny by accident, which is quite remarkable when you consider the quantity.
    I would chalk it up to immaturity, but that would be an insult to 12 year olds.

Anywho, I sincerely hope this roster move works out to your team’s advantage. But it sounds like your basic non-story.
    At least I was “entertained” by a couple of Minnesota’s finest.

8. whatjusthapped says:
    Oct 27, 2015 4:40 PM

_____

While I agree that the offensive line is a problem (note that two starters are injured), I’m wondering if you took the offensive line into account when evaluating the quarterback? I’d say Teddy is doing pretty well for a guy in his second year with no offensive line. Kind of like to jump to conclusions, don’t you?

9. I am a stout supporter of the Green Bay Packers and Wisconsin’s Favorite Son. I am not a fan of any other NFL team.

10. In Teddy We Trust says:
    Oct 27, 2015 5:28 PM
    whatjusthapped says:
    Oct 27, 2015 4:40 PM

_____

……….
    Great comment Teddy. Too bad dude still won’t get it. They want Teddy to fail so bad East of the Misssissippi, they refuse to acknowledge that Bridgewater has started less than a season and a half of NFL games in his career and 2 of his starting O-Lineman are out for the year….including the QB of the O-Line. This trial by fire might actually end up helping Bridgewater ‘s development.

11. I sure would like to know what Hodges did to tick off Zimmer, other than freelancing all over the field that is. . . .

And are cheesers really critiquing the Vikings shifting of 7th rounders? Hell, Spielman is following the blueprint of TT, who hoards 7th rounders in that basement office of his like they’re diamonds.

12. h0metownzero says:
    Oct 27, 2015 4:04 PM

I wish they’d stop publishing trivial moves about this trivial hapless and tasteless team.
    =====================================
    By all means, don’t read the stories and don’t comment, it’s really easy.

13. In Teddy We Trust says:
    Oct 27, 2015 4:23 PM

————-

Look below the post window. It will say:

“You are posting as vikingsbandwagonfan.”

Below that it will have two checkboxes. The first one will say “notify me of new comments via email.”

The next one–and this is the most important thing you can take from this post–says “Notify me of new posts via email.”

If you check that 2nd box, you’ll get an email notification as soon as the article is posted, and you won’t be last to know when a new article is up.

Now, I am hoping I don’t have to dumb this down any more…but just in case, are you Adrian Peterson or Cordarelle Patterson? If so, I’ll use smaller words next time.

14. Sorry, I guess what I should have said was, “If you think the team is trivial, don’t click on the little boxy thingy so that you’re the first person to know that a new Viking story has been posted so you can be the first one to make a comment about a team that is so trivial.”

Thanks for the help.

15. teamnorsecore says:

__________

Packer fans don’t care if Theodore fails at the moment, because in all honesty it doesn’t matter this season. Players get injured, Rodgers had 15 teamates on IR, he won a SB. The trial by fire helps some… but there are players like RG3, VY, and even Luck this season is catching heat FOUR years later.

I’ll admit Rodgers was far from impressive in the begining of his career, but he had ARM STRENGTH! He could always work on getting more accurate. Theodore can’t gain more heat on the fast ball, he is all ready topped out.. and it isn’t all that impressive. He is poor in manging situation like 2 minute drills or scrambling on 3rd down. He is a game manager, not a playmaker, and if he knows his role and can fit the Vikings offense which is handing it to Adrian Peterson and hope he carries them to the playoffs they will be fine… just like they did with Christian Ponder.

16. shaggytoodle
    Oct 28, 2015, 1:34 AM CDT
    ——-
    I think there’s a misconception that TB can’t win games. The last two weeks the Lions and Chiefs entire defensive game plan was to stop AP. And they mostly did a great job. TB had to make plays for the Vikings to win those games. And he did. Now, he’s not top 10 yet, but that’s where his age and inexperience come in. Unlike Ponder, TB has the poise and will improve.

I’ll say it right now….TB isn’t going to be the next Rodgers or Brady. But who is?!?! And he doesn’t have to be. If he’s around the 5th or 6th best QB in the NFL, that’s a franchise QB.