Tom Brady named AFC offensive player of the week

AP

Tom Brady has piled up plenty of stats this season, and he added another weekly honor for his latest brilliant game.

The Patriots quarterback was named AFC offensive player of the week, after his four-touchdown performance against the Dolphins last week.

Brady was a clean 26-of-38 for 356 yards in the convincing win over a previously surging Dolphins team.

It’s his 25th player of the week honor, and there could be even bigger honors in his future, as he has the look of the 2007 Brady who had a point to prove. He has 20 touchdowns and just one interception this season, despite facing multiple changes to his offensive line and receiving corps.

64 responses to “Tom Brady named AFC offensive player of the week

1. Gotta give it to the NFL…making a proven cheater the face of the whole NFL & then continuing the ‘saga of sadness’ that now represents the once glorious game! Great Job Godhell!

2. Who cares. Another meaningless award, just like the previous 24. He certainly could care less, so neither do we.

Thanks for the gesture, but it’s on to Washington,

3. What’s even crazier is that his one INT was a perfectly thrown pass to Julian Edelman that bounced off his mangled hands and into the defenders hands for a pick 6.

On the possession prior to the pick 6 Edelman got his fingers crushed between two Colts defenders helmets on a TD catch. On TV it looked like Torrey Holts crooked digit.

4. … Brady who had a point to prove…

Everyone already knows that Tom Brady is the Greatest NFL QB of All-Time so it is safe to say he has nothing left to prove. He might be (he should be) pissed about the off-season fictional nonsense he, his family, his team and his fans were subjected to, but there is nothing left to prove. He just wants to add more Super Bowl appearances and victories to his resume before he retires; but he would want that even without the off-season nonsense.

5. That’s funny considering that ESPN gave Brady a lower QB Rating for the week than Aaron Rodgers (77 passing yards). Of course, that says more about the subjective hate that ESPN has for Tom Brady. ESPN must be watching different games than the rest of us. I give them credit though. They at least have Brady as the #5 quarterback in the NFL this year behind Rodgers, Palmer, Fitzpatrick, and Dalton. You can’t make up stuff like this.

6. You know its sad that this item is just covered in cheater comments, but the people who are missing out are those very people.

Sit back and enjoy one of the great players of all time and try and appreciate what he does on the field. In a league full of moderate and garbage quarterbacks. This guy is playing the position better than ever at 38 years of age.

7. Good decision. He earned it. Nothing but time will ever override the nonsense he has had to put up with instigated and exploited by Goodell and then parroted by many of Goodell’s syncopaths here. But at least there seems to still be some within the NFL who feel that awarding him for accomplishments that have never previously been done under this level of scrutiny is fair and appropriate.
    As a side note, its fun to watch a Brady hater like dumbaseinstien not knowing what to decry more, Brady being fairly awarded or Goodell’s inability to prevent the award. Couldn’t happen to a better self proclaimed dummy.

8. It’s going to be another bad day for the #Rationalists.

There, I fixed it for the Patriot lemmings.

Brady deserves the award because HE earned it…..the fan boys not so much.

9. ESPN’s ridiculous QBR had Brady behind: (last week)

1. Alex Smith, KC
    2. Carson Palmer, ARI
    3. Drew Brees, NO
    4. Eli Manning, NYG
    5. Peyton Manning, DEN
    6. Derek Carr, OAK
    7. Jameis Winston, TB
    8. Philip Rivers, SD
    9. Jay Cutler, CHI
    10. Geno Smith, JEST
    11. Aaron Rodgers, GB
    12. Joe Flacco, BAL
    13. Matt Ryan, ATL
    14. Tom Brady, NE

10. I’d like to preface my comment with that fact that I, goingthextramile, root for the New York Jets. As a Jets fan, I dislike the New England Patriots, period. Now that I got that out of the way…Tom Brady is having one of his best seasons ever. It doesn’t matter who the guy has at receiver. Whoever he throws to, ends up having a great year statically speaking – unless you’re Ocho Cinco lol. Bottom line Brady’s like wine. Tom gets better with age. I respect that. How can you not?

11. To all you people that keep crying over Tom Brady: There hasn’t been any cheating, the balls were not tampered with and there are no asterisks next to any of their Lombardi’s.

Here is what you sound like:

Whaa Whaa! Tom Brady cheats!
    Whaa Whaa! Tom Brady hurt my feelings!
    Whaa Whaa! Tom Brady won’t let me win!

You people should just grow up and enjoy the game of football.

Congratulations, Tom! You are amazing to watch!

12. factman66 says:
    Nov 4, 2015 10:02 AM

Tom Brady: Cheater of the century

————-

At some point people have to let go of the deflategate nonsense. Whether you believe Brady is innocent or guilty it obviously was not a big deal in terms of impact on games if it happened. If you will never let it go because you are jealous of Brady, just say it like it is, and don’t blame your hatred on something so stupid.

13. I am fascinated by the mindset that “Brady is a proven cheater”. How can that statement even be written, when the NFL said, they cant prove balls were even deflated. How can one explain that?

It would be like me saying, “you cheat on your wife”. And then when you ask for the proof, I say “well I don’t have any proof, I just suspect it”, and then saying, “see, he is a proven cheater”.

I cant say Brady did or didn’t do anything, any more than any of you can, or any more than the NFL and their investigators can. But what I do know is the NFL investigation came up empty (not according to me, according to the NFL’s legal team)

14. Tee hee 🙂 Patriot Hater really is so salty these days. 😀

#AllHailTheGOATQB
    #AllHailTheWorldChampionPatriots
    #AllHailTheGreatestOrganizationInSports
    #BowDownAndKissTheRings

15. mbiepatriot says:
    Nov 4, 2015 10:24 AM

But ESPN said he had a worse game then Aaron Rodgers. This seems like a false honour!

———–
    The NFL tracks passer rating. Good enough for me.

16. Hilarious how the mighty hater horde of February has dwindled to a half dozen people. At least some people still listen to scientific laws and federal judges. The rest are fans of sub .500 teams, which says it all.

17. goingthextramile says:
    Nov 4, 2015 10:30 AM

“Whoever he throws to, ends up having a great year statically speaking – unless you’re Ocho Cinco lol.”

——-

Brady seldom threw to Ocho Cinco because 85 was seldom where he was supposed to be.

18. It would have been Brady or Carr to get this award. I don’t particularly care about these I would rather celebrate wins not stats. On to the Redskins!

19. You know what’s fun? Scrolling through the comments of Patriots-related stories and counting the number of times the word “hater” is used. If you took a shot every time you read that word here, you could be drunk by noon.

I especially like the “haters gonna hate” comments. Sometimes it looks like the comments section has been taken over by middle schoolers.

20. I think it’s outrageous and insulting to my intelligence that the GOAT QB Tom Brady has to subject himself to playing such puny little weaklings for competition like Patriot Hater’s team.

Enough is enough. Time to write the league demanding that Patriot Haters teams fold and bring in 31 new teams for a shot at the kings of the NFL and the GOAT QB. I know the GOAT QB will appreciate the competition.

21. For those of you that actually get to games in Foxboro, just watch his demeanor throughout the game. Completely in control, and the only thing that surprises him is when he throws a bad pass.

I was at the (cold) night game a couple years ago against Denver, where they came back from 4 TD’s down. Freezing winds swirling, getting their butts kicked, everything going wrong… and here come Brady just strolling out to the huddle like he’s sipping a latte and walking across the Commons. I’ll never forget it. And, or course, they mounted a great comeback and won in OT.

The guy is writing the book on how to play QB in the modern NFL, literally setting the example of how it’s done for future generations. Haters, take note of the GOAT.

22. Tom Brady named AFC offensive player of the week

meanwhile, Rodgers named choker of the week when faced with an actual breathing defense. all Carolina has to do is watch the Denver game film, and they are golden.

23. FrameGate sure has backfired

All Brady every wanted were footballs that were inflated between 12.5 and 13.5 psi – so much so that he had his staff bring the rule to the officials – as opposed to the 16.0 PSI they’d been using

(I’m not sure how conspiracy theorists explain that McNally was so sneaky he actually showed the officials the PSI rule before attempting to cheat in front of them)

Now with footballs that are no longer over-inflated by officials who were doing it by feel rather than gauge, Brady is on a path to having his best season ever

Maybe FrameGate was just another Jedi mind trick pulled by Belichick to get the league to give him what he wanted – properly inflated footballs

24. PATRIOTSDYNASTYLIVES I couldn’t agree more, here’s to hoping for another 10 years of watching him play. Go Pats!!

25. mannyiac says:
    Nov 4, 2015 10:16 AM
    I can’t wait until Goodell has to hand Brady the Super Bowl 50 MVP award
    Actually, I would like to see Goodell have to walk up to the stage with the trophies and be told by Bob Kraft to just put them down and leave. Goodell should have no part in such a celebration. It would be the ultimate act of hypocrisy on his part and an undeserved act of deference to him on the part of the Patriots.

26. According to ESPN, Aaron Rodgers had a higher total QBR this past weekend than Brady did.

Rodgers: 14 of 22, 77 yards, 3.5 yards per attempt, 0 TD, 0 INT, Total QBR 64.6

Brady: 26/38, 356 yards, 9.5 yards per attempt, 4 TD, 0 INT, Total QBR 60.7

How’s that for fuzzy freakin’ math?

27. thechickenexpress says:

Rodgers: 14 of 22, 77 yards, 3.5 yards per attempt, 0 TD, 0 INT, Total QBR 64.6

Brady: 26/38, 356 yards, 9.5 yards per attempt, 4 TD, 0 INT, Total QBR 60.7

How’s that for fuzzy freakin’ math?
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    That tells me that ESPN’s QBR is based on the same math as Wells/Exponents in deflategate.
    What is worse though is that ESPN won’t change their model even when as in this case shows that it is completely wrong.

I don’t think passing for 14 of 22, 77 yards, 3.5 yards per attempt, 0 TD, 0 INT is a good formula for winning in this league unless you have a RB running for over 200 yards or have a defense that can hold a team to under 10 points a game. The Packers didn’t even run for 100 yards and gave up 29 points.

ESPN has never been more irrelevant than they are now. No substance just click bait!

28. It must be pretty dreary being a hater these days. Your numbers are dwindling by the day as the facts slowly get disseminated to the public. Looks like the same dozen or so bottom feeders to live to jump on ANY Pats related story and spew their 2 lines of idiocy.

Our only wish is that some day you find your selves in court and prosecuted with the same kind of slander, innuendo, and complete lack any evidence…..and have Roger Goodell be the judge. Now THAT would be a great day, and THEN you would understand why we come down hard when you libel the GOAT.

29. Haters, ESPN, and the goons in the NFL are birds of the same feather. Birds of the same feather get plucked together. Brady is the father plucker.
    Brady don’t have to prove anything and we don’t care about little awards and opinions esp. from the NFL or ESPN. The only goal is the ring. Which reminds me, Goodell is like that freaky creature in Lord of the Rings and Brady is Frodo. Goodell won’t stop trying to cheat Brady out of winning more rings. Goodell is quiet, must be concocting another false scandal to Trap the Pats now that it looks like Brady is on the march for another SB.
    ” Haters gonna Hate” which is obvious because haters are oblivious to the fact that Brady is winning with properly inflated footballs as well as the alleged deflated footballs ; also Brady played better after the spygate scandal. Brady cheating is bunk. Hate trumps reason and common sense. ” Haters gonna hate.” We don’t mind…. Every ” cheat”, ” cheater” comment is like Dunkin Donuts coffee for breakfast. It starts the day right.😄

30. The Dolphins played two good games recently against horrific teams and then came out looking like they did to begin the season. It was hardly a challenge for Brady to romp a crippled Dolphin team. with that in mind, I would suggest that there were better QB’s deserving of the award. didn’t we have a game this weekend where 13 TD passes were thrown?

Drew Brees 505 yds 7 TD’s
    Eli Manning 350 Yds 6 TD’s
    Tom Brady 356 Yds 4 TD’s

Dolphins Record after week 8 3-4
    Saints Record after week 8 4-4
    Giants Record after week 8 4-4

Brees played a stronger team than Brady, put up better numbers than Brady, and won.

31. jchipwood says:
    Nov 4, 2015 11:13 AM
    Brady – Gronk = average qb.

Brady gets inflated stats when game is out of hand.

Don’t remember a Gronk in 01, 03 or 04.

Sorry chippy

32. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again: I hate the Patriots. I hate Tom Brady. I hate them all. I hate that coach that wears the hoody. I hate him. I hate that he is the greatest coach in the history of pro football. I hate that Tom Brady is the best quarterback of all time. I hate the passion with which he plays. I hate the guts and determination he exhibits on every play. I hate the fact that the franchise is run like no other. I hate the owner for allowing his coach to craft and scheme to win – just win, baby, like only one other owner has in the league. I hate the fact that they are not my team and not my QB and not my coach, but I can’t like them because I hate them. Oh, and well deserved award, I’ll give him that. Otherwise, they suck.

33. patchie61 says:
    Nov 4, 2015 11:49 AM

Drew Brees 505 yds 7 TD’s
    Eli Manning 350 Yds 6 TD’s
    Tom Brady 356 Yds 4 TD’s
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Uh, patchie61, this was the AFC award. Those other two guys, Brees and Manning, they play in the NFC. See, the league is divided into the AFC and NFC (American Football Conference and National Football Conference). Awards are given weekly, and monthly, for the best offensive, defensive and special teams players in each league. Since Tom Brady plays for the Patriots (an AFC team) he is only eligible to win the AFC award – which he did. Brees and (Eli) Manning are only eligible to with the NFC award – because they play for the Saints and Giants (NFC teams). But, there is another Manning – Peyton – that can win the AFC award, just to confuse matters for you more. He plays for the Broncos (an AFC team) Oh, and Brees did win the NFC award. Just, so you know.

34. “But ESPN said”

As soon as you mention bspn the rest of the post is meaningless. Anything and everything bspn says is suspect. Have not watched them for almost 10 years with the sole exception of when the Pats have a game on that wretched excuse for a network.

bspn, the worldwide joke of sportscasting

35. The Dolphins played two good games recently against horrific teams and then came out looking like they did to begin the season. It was hardly a challenge for Brady to romp a crippled Dolphin team. with that in mind, I would suggest that there were better QB’s deserving of the award. didn’t we have a game this weekend where 13 TD passes were thrown?

Drew Brees 505 yds 7 TD’s
    Eli Manning 350 Yds 6 TD’s
    Tom Brady 356 Yds 4 TD’s

Dolphins Record after week 8 3-4
    Saints Record after week 8 4-4
    Giants Record after week 8 4-4

—-
    This isn’t the NFL offensive player of the week, it’s the AFC offensive player of the week. Last I checked those other guys weren’t in the AFC.

🙂

36. I could easily go the rest of my life without ever having known the dude even existed. I’m not certain who that says more about, but I don’t have any trouble sleeping, if that helps.

37. jchipwood says:

Brady – Gronk = average qb.

Brady gets inflated stats when game is out of hand.
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Why does the game get out of hand in the first place? Uh, could it be because of TB and the Pats?

TB didn’t have Gronk in 2007 when they went undefeated in regular season and put a beating on on their opponents in the 1st 10 games of season and 13 games overall.

Someone already mentioned 2001, 2003 and 2004.

38. The number of haters is dwindling out of embarrassment for themselves. They have always known they spew out nothing but nonsense. But now, even they can’t put their fraudulent views on public display anymore.