Osweiler credits Peyton for halftime adjustments

AP

Peyton Manning didn’t play for the Broncos last night, but he did help them win.

Broncos quarterback Brock Osweiler told Sal Paolantonio of ESPN that the Broncos made halftime adjustments based on Manning’s observations of the first half. Manning was watching from inside and went into the locker room to tell Osweiler what he saw.

“Peyton was fantastic at halftime. He came up to me and — you know Peyton — of course, he had a list of things ready to talk about that he saw out there. I’m not going to go into specifics, but he certainly did help me, and he helped this football team get a win today,” Osweiler said.

The question, however, is whether Manning helped Osweiler take his job: Did Osweiler play well enough in the second half to keep Manning on the bench?

“I’m not sure about that,” Osweiler said. “The one thing I do know, though, this football team got a tremendous win tonight against a great opponent, in front of the best fans in the world, and I’m just going to enjoy this win tonight.”

And Manning played a part of it, even if he wasn’t on the field.

121 responses to “Osweiler credits Peyton for halftime adjustments

1. Just a good kid saying all the right things. I’m sure he’ll come out today and give credit to his coaches so they won’t feel slighted. Then he’ll think about some of the plays Sanders and others made, and give them praise too. Osweiler is a breath of fresh air. Oh, and he’s a pretty good QB too.

2. This is the reason Manning and Brady are a class of their own. The rest of the NFL QBs (including Brees, Rodgers) are next level when it comes to cerebral things. They pick you apart. So many DCs has come and gone, they still put some numbers.

I am glad I had the opportunity to watch them when they played in the league.

3. Peyton provided observations, but Osweiler had to execute them. Brock gets the lions share of the credit, but good for him giving Peyton some credit.

Osweiler is making an offense work that Peyton could not. That’s a simple fact.

The offense, rather than only the defense is winning games. It should be Osweilers job to lose, not Peyton’s to play well every other.

4. In addition to his 22 Papa John pizza franchises, Peyton will buy Nationwide Insurance. That and the fact he is currently valued at $250M, no coaching job is likely on the horizon.

5. Hopefully Peyton transfers smoothly from quarterback to coach. His time playing is clearly at an end but he needs the game too much to flat out walk away.

6. Numerous examples of Manning helping the other guy out. My favorite was the one where a new RB (I believe) left a voicemail on Peyton’s phone at 1 AM because he had a question on a play, and his doorbell rang @ 1:30 AM, with Peyton walking into his house, saying “Okay, here’s how this one goes…”

7. Tough loss as a Patriots fan, but I have to admit, Osweiler played well. Not really any significant mistakes. The INT, was more like a fumble.

What ever people thing about the calls, or about injuries (both teams had significant injuries in the game), it doesn’t change how well Osweiler and Brady played. It was a great game.

8. Yes, Peyton somehow adjusted by injuring Hightower and allowing Denver to run successfully in the second half.

9. Great game by the Broncos and Osweiler. I think it makes sense to go with Osweiler for the rest of the regular season. If Peyton Manning is rested and healthy when the playoffs start, that’s when the tough decision has to be made. Do you really want to take a chance with an inexperienced Brock Osweiler in the playoffs, or would you take a chance with a healthy Peyton Manning? We may not have seen the last of Peyton. This is his time to heal up for one last playoff run.

10. Funny, Osweiler forgot to credit the referees. I guess his zebra clad friends will just be happy with the thanks of Roger.

11. overall great dog fight last night. As a pats fan, frustrating that it seemed any big play down the stretch was called back on ticky tack penalties…mostly chung “holding” on that big sack and gronk PI. regardless, good battle and osweiler was pretty impressive.

interesting to see if they give rubber arm peyton the reigns back come playoff time.

12. Look, I am a die hard Vikings fan. I could care care less about the Broncos or the Patriots. With that said, I can’t hardly watch NFL Football anymore because of the officiating. The officials beat the Patriots NOT the Broncos. And anyone like me who had no skin in the game could see that crystal clear. I am personally sick and tiered of the officials deciding who wins and who looses NFL games. NCAA has a better system with allowing challenges of almost anything. NFL = WWE.@ this point I can’t figure out which one is more scripted. Last night I was just waiting for an official to run out on the field and hit Brady in the back with a steel chair.

13. He should have credited that kid who muffed the punt at mid field with NE up 21-7. That was the ballgame. It brought the option to run back into play for Denver.

14. “Since the ball was down in the field of play, the clock was supposed to run when the ref signaled ready for play. The refs handled the situation correctly.”

15. Peyton has said numerous times that coaching isn’t necessarily on his things-to-do list.

Case-in-point: when asked during the Colts disastrous season during his injury, he said: “Well, I’m helping coach this team right now, and you see how that’s going.”

16. Funny how Patriot fans are crying about the referees and their team was benefiting from calls the last 2 or 3 years. Ask those Bills and Jets fans what I am talking about.

The better team won yesterday. Brady is getting pressured from all sides because of that offensive line. I can’t imagine what that game would have looked like with Ware/Ward playing. The Patriot have played good overall football all year but if you are paying attention you wold see Patriots line is an achilles heel.

17. I like this kid, he seems humble enough. He knows to credit his elders and he seems to be a pretty good QB as well.

Plus he gets to be an understudy to one of the greatest QBs in history. Hey, it worked for Rodgers.

18. AFC Championship game….. 1:30 to go…. score is tied…….. You have the ball on your own 20. Who do you want as your QB, Manning or Osweiler? O’s day is coming, but he’s not Manning.

19. Pats fan, great game last night and thank god Carolina can deal with all of the undefeated garbage.

Osweiler certainly looks like a keeper – still has a long way to go but made some great throws, stood in and took some hits, and had a great presence towards the end of that game. Broncos seem like they’re in pretty good hands.

20. Wherein lies a very good point: that at this time in his career, Big Bro Manning would serve best as a coach, and not as a player. Now in other fun news: are we going to see Sean Payton, disgruntled enough with the Saints team and/or organization (losing to the Texans? Ugh.), finally leave Gnawlins and accept an invite from — the Texans (?) — to coach their team, but with a special request to bring along his ace Drew Brees (a Texas native), for the ride to Houston? “Things that make ya go: hmm!”

21. thebirdofprey2 says:
    Nov 30, 2015 10:31 AM
    ————————————————————–

Please man, c’mon. Calls even out over time – there were some tough calls against NE last night – did they cost them the game? Probably not. Did they make it harder to win? Probably. Did not having your top 4 (yes 4) receiving options mean more – yuppppp. I was convinced the game was over when Gronkowski went out. The fact that Brady led NE to a game tying field goal and gave them a chance in OT was pretty incredible. The O-Line play wasn’t good, but not having a single outlet, nevermind 4 of them made more of a difference.

22. When it comes to handing out praise, Anderson trumped Osweiller in the post game interview when he gave the equipment guys their props for picking out the correct cleats.

23. If Manning had a choice to win the SB as a backup or loose in a playoff game as a starter I think (maybe I’m wrong) he would like that 2nd ring.

24. towniesman says:
    Nov 30, 2015 10:12 AM
    big deal needed the refs to beat our practice squad…see ya in Foxboro rookie

Rookie? Not. Here’s rookie: Snow game, 179-39 yrds rushing. That, my friend is “rookie”.

25. Lets hold off just yet with the Osweiler HOF induction. The NFL is littered with impressive early starts that quickly fade. We shall see.

26. @thebirdofprey2…….

I am a Vikings Fan. And yes I am complaining. If you don’t think the officials are deciding some games with ghost penalties, in my opinion, you would have to either be dangerous naive or even worse dangerously stupid. Great it worked out for your team THIS time, others times it won’t, but don’t be a fool. I am complaining because as a fan of the game and the officials deciding games hurts the “integrity” of the game? Sound familiar Goodall? Also makes it impossible for me to watch seeing how scripted it is anymore. No matter who wins or looses, we all as football fans, should at least expect clean officiating. Is that to much to ask?

27. towniesman says:
    Nov 30, 2015 10:12 AM
    big deal needed the refs to beat our practice squad…see ya in Foxboro rookie
    ——–

I saw Brady, I saw Gronk. I saw the Broncos lose 3 starters in the first half. I saw the Broncos playing with a backup QB and backup lineman coming into the game. Seems like both teams were armed with excuses.

I think the Broncos ‘practice squad’ held up fairly well.

That’s the funny thing about winning, you don’t hear any of that silly talk from Denver.

28. Bad calls are bad calls, nothing wrong with complaining about them. Pats won last week and there were bad calls then too. Doesn’t make you a sore loser by pointing out the obvious.

29. Let’s put the calls aside. The refs giveth and the refs taketh away. In the end it’s all a push and that’s football. Nobody wins a championship on good/bad officiating.

Denver played a good game last night. Orsweiller grew last night as the game went on. He has a great future. If Manning helped him that’s great too. Brady’s first year might not have been so well without all the mentoring from Bledsoe who to this day deserves credit for not pouting when he lost his job but instead doing all he could to insure the success of the guy that took it. If Manning is that type of team player too just add that to his legacy.

So this morning I tip my hat to Denver but I still root for my team the Patriots.

30. towniesman says:
    Nov 30, 2015 10:12 AM

big deal needed the refs to beat our practice squad…see ya in Foxboro rookie

===============================

I agree that the Patriots should have won, but give the kid a little respect. He’s respecting the Patriots and had no say in the officiating. He’s not soaking up credit or bragging about himself. He’s respecting the game, his teammates, and his opponents. Good for him. Well done rook!

31. Pats fan here. Kudos Broncos fans – a great win. Hopefully NE will get a chance to play you again this season — Broncos made the plays they needed when they needed them.

32. Why, after every loss…do Pats fans blame the refs ? The refs have been making bonehead calls for years. More than any other team, the fans of the Patriots make excuses out the wazoo when they get beat. Shows just how little class they have.

33. So many NE cry babies about the refs. NE gets more officiating help week in and week out than ANY other team in the league. I agree that the two calls in question were weak, but officiating all year has been bad and typically in NE’s favor. The win last week NE got can be attributed to the officials.

There were so many no calls on holds of Von Miller I was shouting at my TV about it. So buck up campers, the officiating was balanced and equally bad for both teams when you look at the horrid no calls for holding that Denver should have been getting, as well as a call for holding against Denver that didn’t exist that sustained an NE scoring drive.

NE, forever and * and assisted by refs on the regular.

34. It’s sad people can’t admit there were bad calls because you think it will take away what your team has accomplished. Pats won last week and the Bills got screwed on the last play of the game. It’s not about being a sore loser, it’s about wanting the players being able to play. Refs are deciding too many games with their ineptitude.

35. @ green largo…..

….ahhhh…actually teams have won Super Bowls because of poor officiating. Try watching the Steelers/Seahawks Super Bowl sometime. Or the infamous “tuck” rule. Des brants catch-no catch vs. the Packers last year. The no holding called against Suh last year vs the Cowboys in the playoffs. ext, ext. As matter of fact I would argue that a lot of teams that have won S.B’s have one games along the way (usually in the playoffs) thanks to ghost calls from officials. Have you ever wondered why the NFL won’t allow challenges on ANY play? And no it wouldn’t make the games any longer cause both teams only have a max of 3 challenges anyways…..think about it. With “judgement call penalties” Officials can control the flow, momentum, and even outcomes, of some games.

36. I see they’re still making the kid stick with those silly “Omaha” calls. Once Peyton leaves will they finally do away with that nonsense?

37. Brock had a solid game for a 1st year but are broncos fans seriously acting like that game was officiated anywhere near a fair split? As pats fans you expect a few calls to go against you on the road but some of those calls / non calls were flat out pathetic and thank you to the unbiased vikings fan who actually cares about the game and not what their team did yesterday. I watch games every sunday and am dumbfounded at how incompetent the refs are this year. It’s almost like they do it on purpose.

The trolls lost their minds last week because the bills didn’t get a shot at a 60 yard hail mary but of course for some reason today they are all acting like it is what it is.

Trolls are so predictable.

Its ok though BB and the boys needed to rejuvenate their early season aggression. Pats will still win the real SB denver and the refs can have their week 12 SB rings made

38. thebirdofprey2 says:
    Nov 30, 2015 10:31 AM

————————
    The O-line is only an Achilles heel because all of their skill players are injured. The Broncos win a squeaker in a perfect storm at home, no skill players for patriots, god awful penalties getting called one way against patriots, and their 7th string off the street reciever muffs a punt as the Patriots were about to put the game away and let them back into a game they had no business being in. Enjoy it for one night, all those things that led to an overtime win at home won’t happen again, especially in Foxboro.

39. Peyton will make an amazing QB coach one day if he chooses to go that route and any team would be lucky to have him.
    ———————–
    True but with his reputation and connections I can’t see him starting out as a lowly QB coach. He’ll start his coaching career as an OC minimum… maybe not in the NFL, but for certain at any D1 school he chooses.

40. Osweiler said all the right things. Credit to him, his parents and handlers for that. And congratulations to him for handling the pressure. He played a good game when he needed to.
    As for Manning, I see him moving over to the Browns. He has the opportunity to get a significant piece of the action and a significant football role for the rest of his life. He will sell off his Papa Johns franchises when he’s no longer a Bronco. Too many pieces fit well. That’s where he goes in 2016.

41. Penalties last night:

Patriots 5
    Broncos 6

Penalties in Brock’s two starts
    Opponents 5
    Broncos 13

Brock has thrown 69 passes in his first two NFL Start.

# of PI/Illegal Contact/Def Holding Penalties: (1)

Let’s quiet down about the referees and give the kid some credit.

42. The Broncos were missing 6 Pro Bowlers by the end of the game yesterday. Yet all we hear about is the poor beaten up Patriots, whose only missing Pro Bowler was Edelman until Gronk went down for a whopping 4 minutes of the game.

I can’t say it’s a huge surprise though given that you Pats fans can convince yourselves of anything, even that The Deflator was trying to lose weight rather than help Brady cheat.

43. I have seen all morning that the Patroit fans say the refs gave the game to the Bronco’s are you kidding me if they bothered to look at the game recap the Pats had 5 penalties for 47 yards the Broncos had 6 penalties for 46 yards so now what have they got to say.

44. Patties,

Last week the refs called ZERO penalties against the Bears and eight against the Broncos. The Broncos overcame and didn’t throw crying fits like Uggs did last night.

Both teams have battled injuries. Two starting tackles (one pro-bowler), starting nose tackle. starting guard (pro-bowler). Starting strong safety (pro-bowler). starting outside linebacker (pro-bowler). Starting quarterback (pro-bowler).

Sometimes you just lose. Cheat harder next time.

45. The best adjustment they made was the phone call from Goodell at halftime. Oh wait, that was the refs not the Broncos…

Chung just got called for holding on his way into the facility. And gronk got an OPI call on his way into the MRI tube. The penalties will be accepted next week to nullify big Patriots plays

46. sirtacklesalot says:
    Nov 30, 2015 10:25 AM

————–

I agree 100%. Fantasy Football is the only thing keeping me interested each week.
    And you know the playoffs will be nauseating. What will “happen” this year?

47. slopes16 says:
    Nov 30, 2015 11:22 AM
    Penalties last night:

Patriots 5
    Broncos 6

Penalties in Brock’s two starts
    Opponents 5
    Broncos 13

Brock has thrown 69 passes in his first two NFL Start.

# of PI/Illegal Contact/Def Holding Penalties: (1)

Let’s quiet down about the referees and give the kid some credit.
    ——————————
    He looked like garbage until the Broncos were bailed out by the muffed punt, and the Broncos couldn’t run the ball until Hightower went down. Face it, Broncos lucked out big time, with a little bit of “help.” I don’t care about the penalty tally, you saw the game and how the Patriots got screwed, don’t kid yourself.

48. mitchellwall says:
    Nov 30, 2015 11:01 AM

———————————–

Firstly, fans of all teams complain about the refs.

Secondly, the Patriots don’t lose very often, so any complaining is probably more noticeable, as compared to teams like the Bills that lose all of the time, and are always complaining.

49. Broncos fan here, I’ve held my tongue, held my tongue, held my tongue and FINALLY. HA HA HA Patriots, that was so enjoyable to see you fail. The Broncos are clearly the better team, injuries or not, favorable calls or not. Cincinnati can beat the Patriots too.

50. Does anybody remember the “tuck rule” game and the garage call which put the Pats into their first SB. Officials were the best thing since slice bread that day , lol ! Stick that in your ear crybabies.

51. The patriots have so many games marked in the win history that should have been losses if the foxborough refs didn’t change the outcome that they should never utter a word complaining about refs.

52. Brock and Peyton reminds me of Brady and Bledsoe. Let’s see if Brock will give the job back to Peyton. When Brady had the chance he said that he will never give the job back to Bledsoe. That’s what he did and Bledsoe was/ is gracious about it.
    I love Peyton and I still wish he’ll get better. Brady and Peyton playing against each other is always a thrill.
    Brock is really good. Maybe there will still be great football once the giants Brady and Peyton retires. I dread when this 2 are gone. People who really love the game know that we are blessed to watch excellence from these competitors.
    Congrats to the Broncos. Looking forward for re-match with I pray some of our receivers back.

53. bradjames33160 says:
    Nov 30, 2015 11:45 AM

—————————————–

Lawl. The Donkeys got taken to overtime by the Browns. That would never happen to the Patriots.

54. My post are NOT against the Broncos or Patriots. So I don’t know why so many Bronco fans are being offended. All I am doing is pointing out the obvious terrible officiating in the NFL, and how it is effecting the outcome of games in both the regular season and post season. All teams get hit by the the ghost bug penalties at some time or another. Just like all teams also benefit from ghost calls at one time or another. But if you can’t see how the officiating is deciding the outcomes of some games, in my opinion you are either dangerously stupid or dangerously naive. And ALL NFL fans from ALL 32 teams should demand more from the League. They are destroying their own integrity. Who the heck would hire a bunch of elderly men out of a nursing home, part time, to be in control of making game deciding penalty calls in a multi billion $ corporation? Do you think Wal-Mar*, Targ**, or NBC, or another corporation operates that way? Who in their right mind would leave a multibillion $ corporation’s fate in the hands of elderly part time employees that are not part of the board? Answer: 0.

55. There is enough technology available today that I am not even sure officials on the field are even needed anymore. It was a great idea in the 1930’s but WAY outdated today. They could use computer chip sensors on or in the players shoes, knee pads, elbows, ext. and ref from NY via this new invention called T.V. and DVR replay. And why not allow teams to still have 3 challenges a game, but be able to challenge ANYTHING or ANY play? In my opinion, it’s because it would take the control of the game away from the officials and the NFL. Someone say control freaks?

56. guadalahonky says:
    Nov 30, 2015 12:00 PM

Let’s see how Osweiler does when the Patriots turn off the headset system in Gillette Stadium.

Once a cheater……
    ———————————

Osweiler is a cheater? I mean, he does play for the cheatingest organization in the NFL, but aren’t you being a little hard on the kid?

57. furious76 says:
    Nov 30, 2015 11:01 AM

rollotomasi14 says:

=======================

I’m a Pat’s fan, and I’m not complaining about the refs last night in particular, just overall they are terrible throughout the league’s games. All I want is consistency. If you want to call Gronk for PI for extending arms in his break, then call Thomas for PI in the endzone against Chung too.

As for the last week, how can you sit here and ignore the referees literally blew the whistle DURING A PLAY and the Pats had to settle for a small completion rather than a big gain/or TD? Yes the Bills should have had 2 seconds, and refs got that wrong too. But to act like a 60 yd hail mary to tie a game is so easy is crazy. Two wrongs arent the same.

58. A 3 and out followed by a muffed punt from an undrafted rookie practice squat free agent cost the Patriots the game.

We can stop with the canonization of Brock Osweiler.

The Patriots were missing:
    Their best defender Jamie Collins, their second best defender, Donta Hightower,

Their two best receivers, their starting left tackle and still took the game into overtime.

Enjoy your Super Bowl Denver!

59. buckyhamm says:
    Nov 30, 2015 11:46 AM
    =======================

Tuck Rule – focus on the ‘rule’ part of your sentence. It was a rule, properly called. Not a gift. It was properly called against the Patriots earlier in the year in favor of the Jets. No one cared.

Hate the rule all you want, cause it was a dumb one. I’m glad they got rid of it. But it was called properly.

Stop making up history and enjoy the little bits of good football in front of us.

60. Wouldn’t a real teammate have been on the sideline during the game to help his team throughout, rather than just in the locker room at halftime? Or even in the coaches box with sideline access via phone if necessary? Seems silly to praise Peyton for sharing his insights.

61. pigseye1859 says:
    Nov 30, 2015 11:28 AM
    Patties,

Sometimes you just lose. Cheat harder next time.
    ================

Don’t kid yourself. You’re ecstatic your Starting quarterback (pro-bowler) wasn’t in the game. It would have been 42-0 Pats.

Broncos telling Patriots to cheat harder next time. I’ve seen it all now.

62. bigbenh8tr says:
    Nov 30, 2015 10:29 AM

——————–

In the end, I don’t think it mattered that much. It would have been tough to get a shot at the endzone even with a few more seconds and they made the FG.

The play I would be most interested in seeing again was the OT first down play to Lafell. Looked like holding or interference, but they didn’t show it again. Haven’t seen that play again yet.

The holding call, that cost the Patriots the long completion was not that terrible. It was ticky-tack, but there was some holding.

The penalty on Gronk was a bit of a phantom call to me. I think that’s just football, but if they are going to call it every week then Gronk will have to change something, although I don’t know what as that kind of contact has always been allowed.

63. Haha you would swear these bronc fans won the SB last night.

Gronk is OK

Brady is Brady

BB is BB

Edelman will be back with Collins, Hightower, and Amendola

It took all those injuries, terrible officiating and OT to take down the big bad Pats. They will be fine

And I particularly enjoyed the guy who said “the pats fans cry everytime they lose” LOL well you must have a good memory because we haven’t watched our team lose in over a year.

Ha, must be tough to be a fan of the lesser 31

64. Refs and injuries aside, I saw two teams fight it out until the end. We need more games like this one.

We’ve all seen Kubiak’s offense fail more often than succeed. He’s a terrible play caller. Is Brock Matt Schaub having a good game or a young Brady just warming up? Guess we’ll have to wait and see.

65. LOL…We all knew the Pats fans would cry about something/anything win or lose. Injuries happen to all teams, but I’m just happy our QB doesn’t act like a spoiled brat when it doesn’t go his way…How embarrassing.

66. Love how the chowds failed to see Von being held on the long TD to Bolden – while being a hands length away from a sack. Or the phantom PI on Talib when he knocked the ball down simply because his hand was on the receivers shoulder – with out pulling on the shoulder. Oh and the Broncos had a few starters missing as well you know. So sick of the ignorant loud mouthed chowds. I never thought I’d see a worse fan base than that of the Seattle circa 2014. Boy was I wrong.

67. personally I hope to not meet the Patriots in the postseason. Not because I’m afraid of them (we kicked their trash in the 4th Quarter and overtime especially) but it’s so dang boring to see the Patriots there every year. How trite, how cliche. Let’s see someone new for a change.

68. The PI on Chung was legit and I’m a fan of the former Duck. His left hand held the shoulder pad and turned the receiver’s torso.

Very fun game to watch. I was about to turn the TV over to the kids at 21-7 when the Pats muffed that punt and it all changed.

Seahawks v. Broncos in the SB would be a fun rematch!

69. Who can’t appreciate how Osweiler has handled all of the press? Further, I dare say a number of players are taking notes, as well. We may be watching a new “Big Ben” in the making. A scary thought for the rest of the league, no?

70. Finally figured out why the NFL let’s the Patriots cheat to win. It’s because they are the biggest bunch of cry babies in the league when they lose.

71. just so Patriots fans, or Patridiots I shoud say, know, the Broncos were missing T.J. Ward, Sylvester Williams, Vasquez, some key starters there so how embarrassing for you to be owned in your own argument.

72. bradjames33160 says:
    Nov 30, 2015 12:40 PM

personally I hope to not meet the Patriots in the postseason.
    ——————————–

You probably won’t, since the Patriots will likely be sitting out the first round.

73. bradjames33160 says:
    Nov 30, 2015 12:40 PM

————

I think maybe you have to take it a bit easy there. Denver still has a few tough games left. They may only see the Patriots if they are lucky enough to win their first playoff game against KC or the Steelers. Long way to go yet.

74. moverb says:
    Nov 30, 2015 12:37 PM

—————————

Lawl. Peyton Manning doesn’t act like a spoiled brat? He wrote the book.

75. Yes folks, it’s a great day for Hateroids everywhere.

The Broncos beat 1/2 a team, in OT no less, and they are already making parade plans.

Pats fans would LOVE to see all y’all back in Foxboro in January, if you make it that far 😉

76. The thing is Peyton is probably the smartest football player I’ve ever seen.

The guy has always been smart but it feels like over the last couple years he has made such strides mentally that you wouldn’t expect for a 15 veteran.

The guy in 2013 was playing with a sub-par skill set but looked like the greatest chessmaster we’ve ever seen at the QB possession. Put his 2013 Brain into his 2004 body and he score 65 TDs.

I want him to play one last time, just so he doesn’t go out on the worst performance of his career (and one of the worst performances of all time).

77. Great game..Happy for Brock and the Broncos…but sorry for all the whiners on here for the Pats. They are credited with four super bowls they didn’t deserve, are media darlings, and you’re going to whine over a couple of legal calls? Poooooor babies!!!

78. T.J. Ward, Sylvester Williams, Vasquez, some key starters there so how embarrassing for you to be owned in your own argument.

Owned?

Ward Ware and some lineman over

Edelman gronk amendola collins hightower solder and dion lewis?

You donkey fans make me laugh

79. OT game essentially 0-0. Pats had the ball first. did nothing. Broncos scored a TD. game over. Stop the excuses.

80. I’ve seen Osweiler interviewed a few times now. Quite the politician.

———————————————————–

Wow. Quite a few times huh? He has played two games!

How about he’s just grateful and excited to be playing QB for one of the best franchises in the NFL??

81. At halftime it was all football talk. But after the game, Peyton schooled Osweiller on the finer arts of singing, “Chicken parm you taste so good.”

82. “The officials beat the Patriots NOT the Broncos. ” What game did you watch? I watched the game where the Broncos out gained the Pats by 132 yards, had almost 1 yd per play more than the Pats, had 1 more yard in penalties than the Pats, and 11 more minutes of time of possession than the Pats. Officials make mistakes all the time. They missed at least a half dozen holds by Pat players on Miller alone. Blaming the outcome on the officials is not very becoming of Brady or any of the Pats fans.

83. AFC Championship game….. 1:30 to go…. score is tied…….. You have the ball on your own 20. Who do you want as your QB, Manning or Osweiler?

Brady! lol

84. corkspop says:
    Nov 30, 2015 10:34 AM

———————————–

Whichever one played the rest of the game, which would mean Osweiler, since Manning is done.

85. I credit the officials for calling pass interference on Gronk and holding in the end zone. The Broncos didn’t so much win the game as much as the Patriots were prevented from winning it in the regular time. The game has just lost it’s credibility with the horrible officiating.

86. Manning told him the officials were on his side,,,,, lol Zebras really made bad calls against NE ….. Very noticeable …..I am not a fan of either team

87. “Likewise, Gronk has certainly “been warned”…… he’s has a bunch of OPI’s this season.”

Yes, because like so many other rule changes and “increased emphasis” over the years, this one was put in for the express purpose of targeting the Patriots. In fact, supposedly, when the league sent out a film clip to all the refs before the season to instruct them what they wanted called as OPI, supposedly it was more or less just a reel of Gronk highlights.

Real subtle, huh?

I have a question for you. As we all know, defenders are allowed to contact receivers within five yards of he line of scrimmage. So tell me, when a defender engages with Gronk at the line of scrimmage, what is he supposed to do to disengage and try to get open, if he isn’t even allowed to lean his shoulder into the defender?

Is he supposed to just give up on the play?