Longtime NFL defensive lineman Bryan Robinson dead at 41

Getty Images

Longtime NFL defensive lineman Bryan Robinson has died at 41.

According to Brad Biggs of the Chicago Tribune, Robinson was found in a Milwaukee motel room, and pronounced dead late Saturday night. Results of an autopsy and toxicology reports are pending.

Robinson played 14 years in the league, with stints with the Rams, Bears, Dolphins, Bengals, and Cardinals. He finished his career by starting 16 games for the Cardinals in 2010, and was part of their Super Bowl team.

The former undrafted rookie from Fresno State carved out a long career, and the Bears used the transition tag on him in 2001, before signing him to a big extension.

Our thoughts are with his family and friends and teammates at this time.

23 responses to “Longtime NFL defensive lineman Bryan Robinson dead at 41

1. Totally remember him on the Bears and his role in the Walter Payton game. 41 is too young. Prayers to Robinson’s family, friends and teammates.

2. handsofsteelhartofstone says:
    “was part of their super bowl losing team, a very important omission.”

Clearly you have such a strong moral background that you care to comment which team was the winner and loser when the story is around the unfortunate death of a 41 year old.

3. handsofsteelhartofstone says:
    Jun 13, 2016 10:30 AM
    was part of their super bowl losing team, a very important omission.

_________________________________________

Read it again. It said that.

4. I remember him with the Bengals, he was a good solid player who did the dirty work that made others around him better.

RIP Bryan Robinson!

5. handsofsteelhartofstone says:
    Jun 13, 2016 10:30 AM

was part of their super bowl losing team, a very important omission.
    ——————————————–
    the name says it all – though I might include headofrock.

6. Junior12gaugeSeau says:
    Jun 13, 2016 10:35 AM
    he was at that club in Orlando?

——————————————————————

can he be banned ?

7. I look at the pathetic excuses for human beings who likely will never achieve 10% of what this guy did in his life making disgusting negative comments here like they actually have some validity.

SMH

All you do is show how pathetic your own lives and and how jealous you are of successful people.

Damn shame to die so early in life. RIP.

8. Look at the millennials posting garbage about a dead man from the safety of their computer.

9. headwoundharry says:
    Jun 13, 2016 12:40 PM

His name doesn’t ring a loud bell. Sorry, I save my prayers for family, friends, neighbors and, you know, people that I know and not a faceless football player whom I have never met.
    ———————————
    Please save us from any more posts of yours on this site while you’re at it.

A faceless poster.

10. headwoundharry says:
    Jun 13, 2016 12:40 PM
    ———-

You’re better spending those five minutes a night pounding sand.

11. I about crapped when I heard where he was found dead. Go on Google Maps and search Midpoint Hotel Milwaukee, WI and get a street view shot of that place. Now try to tell me that’s where you’d envision a decade plus pro athlete millionaire spending ANY time at all. Something is fishier than fishy with this whole thing.

12. nyneal, you go back and read it!! it says super bowl team, not super bowl LOSING Team, so cram it. and forgive me if I don’t show sympathy for a “man” who is found dead in a hotel room at the age of 41. typically people don’t die of natural causes in cheap hotel rooms, certainly not 41 year olds. I don’t need a toxicology report to tell me that drugs were involved, either directly or as a contributing factor to his poor health.

now if you want to feel sorry for someone like this, feel free you sap, I say good riddance, let the reaper sort them out.

REAP IT!!!!

13. @Ferdinand – CTE was my first thought… can you explain what details are pointing in a different direction?

14. handsofsteelhartofstone says:
    Jun 13, 2016 10:30 AM

was part of their super bowl losing team, a very important omission.

——————————————————-

Obviously this guy has been listening to too much Donald Trump who also only like winners.