Sanders will “keep playing ball” while agents talk new deal with Broncos

AP

Broncos wide receiver Emmanuel Sanders is entering the final season on his current contract, and it makes sense that the Broncos would want to keep Sanders with the team.

In the meantime, Sanders is saying the right things as his representatives talk with the Broncos about a possible extension. Even if the Von Miller situation takes priority for the Broncos, Sanders has been good enough that a new deal would probably be good for both parties.

“I don’t think it weighs on me,” Sanders said of his situation. “I think it weighs on other people and then they talk about [it] and it’s like, ‘All right, you’re trying to put the weight on me.’ If I could just keep my ears closed and not listen to the noise, I wouldn’t even know this is a contract year.

“For me, it’s going to come. If it’s meant for me, it’s meant for me. But I’m going to keep playing ball because I love to do it.”

Even if Sanders isn’t sweating a potential extension, he’s not going to be the bargain he was for the Broncos when they signed him away from the Steelers in 2014 with a three-year deal worth $15 million.

Sanders, 29, has caught 177 passes and 15 touchdowns over his two seasons in Denver. Sanders had 76 catches for 1,135 yards and six touchdowns last season.

Prior reports said the Broncos and Sanders’ representation had “exchanged proposals” and that Sanders was “hopeful” a deal could be reached.

22 responses to “Sanders will “keep playing ball” while agents talk new deal with Broncos

1. I fully expect Sanders to agree to terms with the Donks and then hop a jet to another city and sign a contract.

2. Decent receiver and team player. But anything over 6 mil yr for 3 yrs is too much. WR too easy to replace. Would love to see him back for 3 more though.

3. harrietknutczak says:
    Jun 25, 2016 6:45 PM
    ________________

Maybe. But it still won’t be the Chiefs.

Still sore after two years. Not a good look. Let it go.

4. harrietknutczak says:
    Jun 25, 2016 6:45 PM
    ________________

Looks like it was the right move eh??

5. Where will Denver come up with the cap space to pay all these guys? Is Elway going to start paying guys “off the books” again?

6. harrietknutczak says:
    Jun 25, 2016 6:45 PM
    ——
    Like almost anything in this country if it isn’t in writing there isn’t a deal.

7. nhpats says:
    Jun 25, 2016 8:43 PM
    ————————————————————-

A Pat’s fan with a cheating quip…that’s cute, it’s almost like you don’t know.

10 can play for us as long as he wants…He’s certainly earned it.

-GoDenBroncos

8. Elway told him hey E I can’t pay you in cash im scraping it all together for Von but if you wait until next season ill hit you under the table no problem were right on point with that type of deal

“wink wink Nod Nod “

9. nhpats says:
    Jun 25, 2016 8:43 PM

Hmm. Care to explain to all of us when he did it the first time? We’ll wait while you google it on your Dora the explorer tablet.

10. Sanchez is throwing the ball, watch his numbers be cut in half. Too much change on D for the broncos to make a good run. The division got stronger, while Denver gets weaker. FYI, I’m not knocking the team. Just pointing out the obvious

11. elwayisgod says:
    Jun 25, 2016 7:44 PM
    ——
    Considering that TY Hilton just signed for $65 million at $13 million per year where in the world are you getting $6 million per year from??? The cap is going up and Sanders has been balling ever since he got to Denver….even last year when he didn’t play with a probowl caliber QB. Seriously when it comes to player contracts some of you have zero clue about what you’re talking about.

12. From Ben Affleck through the garden variety troll, the Broncos have burrowed under the skin of Patriot Nation!!

Viva la Elway!!!

13. elwayisgod says:
    Jun 25, 2016 7:44 PM
    ___________________________________

Seems like you got it figured out man. I agree receiver is easy to replace. In the last 3 years the Eagles have spent a 1st, a 22nd and 3rd round pick there. So far we have 1 decent receiver that can’t catch, 2 busts and a pending rape charge.

14. elwayisgod says:
    Jun 25, 2016 7:44 PM
    ___________________________________

Seems like you got it figured out man. I agree receiver is easy to replace. In the last 3 years the Eagles have spent a 1st, a 2nd and 3rd round pick there. So far we have 1 decent receiver that can’t catch, 2 busts and a pending rape charge.

15. No sense in staying in Denver.
    Who is going to be throwing the ball put Kubiak’s game plan is run run pass.

16. How do you know if the donkeys are cheating?
    are they winning?
    theres your answer.

WWNFL.

17. He always get separation it seems. Heck of a receiver. He’ll get paid.

18. patsfan4lifesbchamps says:
    Jun 26, 2016 12:14 PM
    He always get separation it seems. Heck of a receiver. He’ll get paid.

———–
    yep. great player – especially at the illegal pick play. fits right in with the donkey nation.
    WWNFL.