Tom Brady back at Patriots practice Tuesday

AP

Quarterback Tom Brady hasn’t been at Patriots practice for the last two days after being excused from the team’s workouts for personal reasons.

Those absences continued a run of unexpected absences for Brady this summer that also include missing the first preseason game to attend a memorial service and missing the second game after he reportedly cut his thumb with scissors while working on his cleats. Coach Bill Belichick declined to elaborate on the reason for this absence and he shouldn’t have to answer any other questions about it on Tuesday.

Mike Reiss of ESPN.com reports that Brady is back with the team for one of their last practices before Thursday’s game against the Panthers.

Belichick said Monday that he doesn’t view that game as a dress rehearsal for the start of the regular season, so we’ll see how they handle things in terms of getting Brady playing time or if Jimmy Garoppolo continues to do all of the work with the starters ahead of his four-game stint as the team’s starter in the regular season.

41 responses to “Tom Brady back at Patriots practice Tuesday

1. Missing practices? Missing practices?? I’ll bet you he’s out because, well, because…(chortle, chuckle)

…he’s busy deflating footballs!

Nailed it!!!

2. I’m a diehard Pats fan but something is fishy here…maybe Brady is pissed about the whole situation and doesn’t want to be around the team? Or BB wants to take some of the pressure off Garoppolo by not having Brady over his shoulder 24/7 when he won’t be there Weeks 1-4 anyway?

I’m just not buying all these absences for a guy who has missed maybe 3 practices not due to injury in his entire career.

3. ikeclanton says:
    Aug 23, 2016 8:59 AM

…he’s busy deflating footballs!

—-
    Actually I think he took some time off to admire and polish those 4 RADIANT GLEAMING BRILLIANT LUMINOUS Super Bowl rings on his fingers. 🙂

Can you blame him? I can’t. It really is important to keep those rings shiny you know. I can’t stress that enough.

Discuss.

4. If Brady missed a practice, he missed a practice. He is the only quarterback in the league capable of not practicing all year and still going into a game and winning.
    All you haters out there should be more focused on your team’s quarterbacks. Now there are some folks that really need the practice.

5. LyinRogerMustGo says:
    Aug 23, 2016 9:15 AM

Discuss.
    ——————————
    Yep he’s gotta make sure that * really does shine through.

6. OMG, I agree. I think there is a lot of friction between Brady and Belichick. And I think Brady is taking the Farve approach, he refused to do anything to help Aaron Rodgers take his job.

7. rootpain says:
    Aug 23, 2016 9:21 AM
    ————————————————–
    I believe that and you believe that, but I very much doubt that Brady believes that. What makes Brady the greatest of all time is not some innate strength, skill or intelligence that transcends the mere mortals he plays against, it’s his work ethic, his dedication to identifying the flaws in his technique and the mistakes he has made and practicing over and over and over again until he has eliminated them.

Brady’s greatness comes from focusing his entire mind and body to winning on the football field, and every second of practice time, film study and playbook review contributes to making him better. Missing a few practices at this point in his career is not the end of the world, but never assume that Tom Brady’s greatness simply fell from the sky along with four Lombardis. He worked hard for his achievements and I have no doubt in my mind that he will continue to work hard to add to his accomplishments.

8. Amazing how he demands attention of the football world when he shows up for a practice.

Must be horrible for the few on here that have to route for the other basement dwellers called the AFC east.

Even the Patriots back up QB is head and shoulders above your so called starters.

9. mrnick66 says:
    Aug 23, 2016 8:49 AM

patricheats trying to cover up an obvious suicide attempt. pressure is getting to tammy.

————–

That must be it! Good job Sherlock.

10. Yep he’s gotta make sure that * really does shine through.

You forgot to add the footnote silly! 🙂

* Winningest postseason QB of all time, 3 time Super Bowl MVP, 2 time league MVP and the man who intelligent fans consider the greatest quarterback who ever graced an NFL football field with his presence.

Let’s be serious now chief. As true as each and every single one of those statements are, he can’t add all of that to a ring! 🙂

11. igotgamenj says:
    Aug 23, 2016 9:27 AM

Don’t be surprised if this is Brady’s last year on a Pats uniform..

——————

It doesn’t matter how many times you post it, it won’t come true.

12. “patricheats trying to cover up an obvious suicide attempt”

It’s not that. Brady is infected with Lane Johnson syndrome. Since he knows he’ll be sitting out until Week 5, his head just isn’t into it now and he’s essentially taking the time off. It’s seriously hard to get motivated for watching his team on TV rather than playing.

13. u4iadman says:
    Aug 23, 2016 9:50 AM

Not Goat.

System QB.

GOAT. 🙂

The thing I love most of all about GOAT Tom Brady is he loathes and despises the puny little weakling teams he has to play as much as I do. 🙂 He agrees with me that puny little wussies don’t belong in the NFL and it’s outrageous that he has to stoop beneath his dignity to tolerate their presence on his field.

14. jimmyt says:
    Aug 23, 2016 9:38 AM

Pats fans crack me up.

———-

Me too! Patriots fans are funny! But non Patriots fans that post on every Patriots article are not funny. They are sad.

15. igotgamenj says:
    Aug 23, 2016 9:27 AM

Don’t be surprised if this is Brady’s last year on a Pats uniform..

—-
    Sadly, wishful thinking just doesn’t make it so.

🙂

16. orange and blue own the nfl says:
    Aug 23, 2016 9:32 AM

Cheatin’ ain’t easy

——–

I will take your word for it given all the experience your team has.

17. u4iadman says:
    Aug 23, 2016 9:50 AM

Not Goat.

System QB.

————

For sure. System QBs can make it to 10 of the last 15 AFC Championships. So obvious!

18. omgspaz says:
    Aug 23, 2016 9:12 AM

———–

It’s just another set up for why he won’t play in the game. The Patriots won’t risk any injury in a preseason game if he isn’t going to see real game action for 5 weeks anyway.

The more rest he gets the better his regular season will be. If Jimmy G wins at least 2 games then this suspension will end up being a blessing come the end of the year.

19. What does a system QB even mean?

I never understood the reference to Brady.

If it’s a “system” isn’t it pretty hard to figure out?

And if it’s figured out isn’tit up to the quarterback to make a play?

20. raidernation210 says:
    Aug 23, 2016 9:23 AM

GCOAT!! Greatest cheater of all time

———–

I would think someone from Raider Nation would want that title for themselves.

Raider Rule #1: Cheating is highly encouraged, getting caught is not.

I didn’t make it up, your team did.

21. u4iadman says:
    Aug 23, 2016 9:50 AM
    Not Goat.

System QB.

Mike Joe Montana who played in the west coast “system”

I’ll ask again if Brady is just a “system” QB the new why after 15 years have other teams not copied the “system”

Why didn’t Houston run the same “system”. The head coach ran the offense in NE. The QB in Houston (Hoyer) played in the “systems”

If you call Brady “system QB” you are doing one of two things

Trolling (which pretty Much tells the world you have no life)

Or you don’t have a clue

22. limakey says:
    Aug 23, 2016 9:29 AM

—-
    I’m afraid wishful thinking just doesn’t make it so. 🙂

23. flash1287 says:

If you call Brady “system QB” you are doing one of two things

Trolling (which pretty Much tells the world you have no life)

Or you don’t have a clue
    —————————-

I am going to go with both.

24. LyinRogerMustGo says:
    Aug 23, 2016 9:58 AM
    Yep he’s gotta make sure that * really does shine through.

You forgot to add the footnote silly!:)

Let’s be serious now chief. As true as each and every single one of those statements are, he can’t add all of that to a ring!:)

He can thank AdamVvinatieri for that.

Don’t be mad at Roger Goodell, we all know you have posters of him on your ceiling above your bed.

25. mrnick66 says:
    Aug 23, 2016 8:49 AM

——————————————————————-

Not judging, but I just have seen several individuals on PFT refer to Mr. Tom Brady as “Tammy” and I’m wondering if there is a form of someone being attracted to someone else where a person imagines that a man is a female? And then they go on to make up a pet name for their interest that sounds more feminine. Then the person obsesses over their newfound interest by finding articles about the person so they can use the pet name as often as possible?
    If that’s what is happening then we should all be accepting of it and not judge If it’s a bad typo then it should only happen once.

Its not like this poster was waiting to pounce under a Brady article and was the first poster under this article – oh wait, actually they did post 1st.
    It’s not like this poster also invented drama about a suicide attempt – oh wait…..
    Draw your own conclusions.